What Bug Bugs You the Most?

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
The title says it all. You only get one at a time. When it gets fixed, I'll cross it off and you're free to post another. Please only reference bugs which have been registered in-game, and be sure to mention the appropriate bug number.

If you try to post more than one bug at a time or you end up bickering about whose is the biggest, I'm going to be grumpy.
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.
EzalorArekaXiuhcoatl

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2013
    The ability to wield a 2her and a shield at the same time.

I am so tempted to use it. 72/72 audit on Bloodborn with shield scythestance? Yes please. No more Templars hitting me for 3k+ damage.

EDIT: As for bug number, mine got deleted. I believe it was merged with one of Ilyon's.

Fixed with some great assistance. WIELD is so much prettier on my end, too. :P
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited June 2013

Bug #8024   Reported by: Areka
    2013/06/07 01:24:59: HELP MERCANTILE SKILLS doesn't link to a help (it just brings up a list of the use of the words in other helps), despite the impression the list of 'help mercantile' gives. HELP FORGING, HELP CONCOCTIONS and HELP REANIMATION should also probably have a reference to their being mercantile skills.

>>

Oledit: Fixed.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Genderbenderbre.

Bug #8043   Reported by: Arbre
    2013/06/08 14:29:43: EMOTES: If you try to do "remove dress [emote removes $item touching her @glasses.]" it says 'I see no glasses here.' and removes the dress with no emote. (yes, I had glasses in my inventory)

• If you hit someone with one of the Teradrim bruising attacks when you have mirroring, you'll gain the level of bruising that you hit them with. Bruising is not like other herb and salve affs and require previous levels to be gained before you move on to the subsequent level.

However, perhaps the most egregious part of this bug is that if I hit with a higher level of bruising, I won't get the lower levels. This causes me not to be able to cure any of the bruising on that limb.

Bug  7805
    EzalorXiuhcoatl
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    When you talked about gender bending, I thought you were going to talk about the bug where "Soandso enters from the west. She is riding a pony." followed by Soandso leaves to the west. He is riding a pony."

My biggest pet peeve overall are the numerous issues with vampire siring and bloodlines, but to narrow it down to one, I would say the issue with nightstalkers (never been embraced) not being able to change sires without the help of the Bloodborn ritual. Sires, Praenomen at least, can break the blood with blood sever, but if a sire refuses, goes inactive, changes house, etc. etc., the nightstalker is stuck for a while. Add in the fact that this could be a true newbie who's confused already...

I don't have a specific bug number since most of those that I file either get merged or deleted after some temporary fixes (or it becomes irrelevant because the character involved gets deleted.) I do have an idea I filed about it with a suggestion for a new way to just let nightstalkers break the bond too. Even if the bug were to be fixed, the old method of getting rid of a sire for a nightstalker involved dropping the class and then going back through Kelende to pick things up again. The specific idea would negate the need for that entirely.

Idea #3576   Section: unassigned   Support: 0
    2013/06/11 17:23:10: A new command to cut out the hassle of sires not clearing for nightstalkers: FORSAKE BLOODBOND. This would work just like blood sever does for sires, except that only nightstalkers with a sire can use it. It would allow them to get a new one more easily if they change houses, have their sire go inactive, or find out that their chosen one isn't as compatible with them as they originally thought. I think this would help make the game more newbie-friendly because right now, we're stuck telling newbies in this situation that they'll have to go through a process of finding a new sire and then finding a Bloodborn willing to do the ritual to change the sire for them. It will help ensure that new players have sires they like, and who are more likely to give them the help they need. I don't think it will be abused any more than the Bloodborn ritual is because houses either look down on nightstalkers changing sires spuriously, or they require it for nightstalkers sired in other houses.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited June 2013
    Not deleting to be snatchy, just keeping things neat. I'll let Sarita's suggestion stand as it's not a combat balance plea, but in general try to avoid that. Bumping to note that one has already been fixed.

@Arbre: send me a message about the genderbend with some details, if you have a spare minute? I'd like to get that fixed.
    [---]
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    6423, skewer (amongst other afflictions) is carrying through rebirth.

Daskalos
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited June 2013
    THIS!!

Bug #8004   Reported by: Macavity
    2013/06/03 19:32:58: it would appear that my novices within the Teradrim guild have access to 
    Animation even before Graduating from Novicehood.  I am not sure if this was a recent change or 
    not but currently Anysi Masin Sarkessa and Gardon all have access to Animation without 
    graduating or the guild promoting them.  I have checked the logs and nothing is within
    --[Comments]--
    Macavity: 2013/06/03 19:41:18
    now that I submitted that bug some are showing the skill and some are not.  I have promted 
    Sarkessa per RP reasons and she at one point did not have the skill but has it now.  I am not 
    sure what is going on

Edit:  The current novices listed are graduated but still happening with others
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited June 2013
    The bug with my gem of destabilization that leaves a trail of monolith'd rooms even after I've left the room. (and has the same message for activating\deactivating the thing, leaving me confused if it's on or off)

All bugs are frustrating, even if they are easy to fix. This is probably the most hilarious bug I've seen in a long time. Dask had some hardcore power for a while there.

Are you saying I could have shut down all interstellar travel in Aetolia with one big map bump?!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

MoireanTza
  • Macello not giving us our honours line or simply not working past the thugs stage.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    AngweAarbrok
  • I don't know if there's an actual bug about this, though I could file one, but the change regarding disguise gems:

* The Gem of Disguise effect will no longer drop when you leave the
    realms or die.

as per Announce 2130 doesn't seem to actually be a thing. It also drops sometimes when entering the editor.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The various new limitations the attire system has brought in (note: I think the attire system is REALLY AWESOME and cool, so please don't take this as a knock to it!), in regards to being unable to stack items for wearing all of a sudden. Not sure if these are bugs or design oversight, but these really have irritating side effects of tedium or downright unusability. Examples:

- can't stack multiple amulets past a certain number. This sucks because we went from being able to use multiple bashing items to having choose which to use - and if you are in an order that uses an amulet as a symbol (or ever were in the order, ahem Slyphe), you are down a slot right off the bat. Wearing stuff on the wrist is an extra unneeded step, imho. Also, this means if you want to access Chapel Gardens catacombs or do the Djeir rose quest you have to sit and juggle all your various amulets.
    - can't wear stag helm with bone helm. Basically Indorani can't use the stag helm.
    - there might be more issues with this. I haven't really touched HG items except to relinquish the stag helm in irritation, but the other wearable ones might have an issue
    - can't wear multiple head items period, for most items. Sucks to be Indorani!
    - can only wear like...2 medals now because, meh, medals are now considered a neck slot item, so you really can only use the onshirt use. I want to be General Patton at formal events, darnit! :P

Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Echoing the amulet thing (and it's not just orders. Sentinels wear a medallion they receive for gaining class). An easy and elegant solution I've proffered before is allowing amulets to be shifted to the onbelt slot, or simply removing the limit on neck slots.
    Mastema
  • edited June 2013
    I've bugged it and posted it elsewhere, but I suppose I'll post it here too- apologies if it's getting repetitive. Currently attaching a flame sigil to a hookah causes the sigil to go into the hookah's contents. You can't load it anymore, making the hookah useless. It's not a major bug, but, I'd like to be able to place a functional hookah in a public establishment.

Note: This got fixed some time in the past and I missed it- thanks much! I'll cease my whining now.
  • Bug #3308   Reported by: Ilyon
    2011/10/15 17:36:00: There is no way to induct a nightstalker into the Bloodborn - Kelende refuses to do so, and INGUILD
    <name> NOVICE complains about the novice not having mastered his existing class

This is highly annoying both for us and for the novices in question - if they join some house and then decide that they want to be a Bloodborn, the only way to do that is for them to CLASS QUIT NIGHTSTALKER, get inducted, then re-learn Corpus/Mentis.

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited June 2013
    I only have three actively reported, and I find only 2 to be fairly irritating

Bug #7911   Reported by: Illidan
    2013/05/21 22:49:27: Aetherstaffs can be knocked out of your hand via broken arms, tekura bladehand, etc while gripping

Bug #7505   Reported by: Illidan
    2013/04/09 00:47:27: Not sure if this is a bug or not, but the AB from nature canopy says "It makes the room act as if its indoors." If this is the case, then people should not be able to leap in/out of it. It is currently possible to do this.

Edit: I don't think either of these are more important than the other. I'll just be happy both get fixed, at some point.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • edited June 2013
    Serrice said:
    6423, skewer (amongst other afflictions) is carrying through rebirth.
    I bugged that also, Bug #5385   Reported by: Azton
    2012/04/14 03:52:26: ON soulcage/starburst deaths if hit by a weapon the affliction carries over after death..

For them who know me in game know, I have some awesome bugs happening.. but this has to be the funniest

Bug #8071   Reported by: Azton
    2013/06/11 22:23:18: Blighted is showing like - You call forth a writhing mass of vines and foliage, causing them to bombard Akimoto with barbed, venomous spines.Equilibrium Used: 1.72 seconds - without a line break

basically it showing like -
    You call forth a writhing mass of vines and foliage, causing them to bombard Akimoto with barbed, venomous spines.Equilibrium Used: 1.72 seconds

and not like
    You call forth a writhing mass of vines and foliage, causing them to bombard Akimoto with barbed, venomous spines.
    Equilibrium Used: 1.72 seconds

• So long as gender is checked and set via globals, there'll forever be bugs. Good luck wringing those out, Ole-bot.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Bug 8104 plz
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2013
    Much love to @Oleis for fixing that bug up! On to the next one :D.

BUG 7947

When a Templar shatters you with a mace, it not only provides a 33% damage resto break but also applies critical bruising sometimes. This ensures that you will never recover from being shattered even once.

(Don't go abusing it, Templars, it's a confirmed bug and not a feature :P)

Not sure if a bug or not, but when the new container system went in, pots got capped at 500 total items. Do you have any idea how incredibly frustrating it is to brew for casks in minute amounts? It's tediousnesses that's unnecessary. :)

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Cauldrons had that (or a similar) limit before the change.
    If it was about equalizing it, remove it for both. It's just unneeded tediousness :( Also, Oleis is awesome for fixing my bugs today!

• Bug #7515 Reported by: Atrapoema

2013/04/09 19:55:25: GOLEM - BODYLINK: say/emote do not give any sort of "yay it worked" message, so it's a little confusing when the golem isn't in the same room as you.

• edited June 2013
    Any chance we could get a reminder, akin to Lusternia's, that we have unread changelogs? It's nice to have that reminder.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Any chance we could get a reminder, akin to Lusternia's, that we have unread changelogs? It's nice to have that reminder.
    I thought we had one, but turns out it's godsonly. I'll make some adjustments and extend it to you guys shortly.
    [---]
    AtrapoemaMoireanPeriluna
  • Awesome! Thanks!
  • edited June 2013

Oleis said:
    I thought we had one, but turns out it's godsonly. I'll make some adjustments and extend it to you guys shortly.
    Could it come with a 'mark all as read' option? There are a pile of old ones I never bothered to read, but that reminder would make me need to do it.
  • edited June 2013
    If I try to ' fill 2 empty from cauldron', I get:
    You do not possess a 2.

• Any news on Marcello, as he is so buggy it drives me insane. I just want my honours :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Ezalor