Which would you prefer our administration did?

IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
edited April 2013 in Harpy's Head Tavern
So, this question is a bit of a shot in the dark, but i'll give a bit of insight. I don't know what the admins plans are for the order of new class releases, aside from what we've already been told regarding the ones having mercantile skillsets as top priority. Some of the older class revamps were terribly done, such as old revamp Teradrim (cocoon edition), super rapier knight Sentinels, and 1 skill is really OP but 99% of our other skills are crap Carnifex. Templar also had this syndrome upon release, but have seen a series of changes and permanent band-aid fixes that have made them viable, but arguably lacking.

We know that the second(?) Sentinel rework is coming with the promise of Tracking and Resins to give them their own unique flavor, so we can sorta rule them out. Teradrim were also taken care of, despite them having gotten a 'recent' revamp during the cocoon era, and were prioritized over the other older classes like Indorani and such.

Based on this, which would you like to see?
"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    There's no vote for 'do the Carnifex first'.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    There's no vote for 'Blow up the lycan guilds first.'
    RivasAngwePeriluna
  • There's not enough options in this poll, period.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    ArbreLiancaAngwe
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    No options for fixing scythe in telepathy either.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Alright, alright. 

What other options would you like to see in a poll? Also, this is ONLY in regards to class revamps. The whole discussion is basically this:

Do you want to see bug fixes and the intelligent completion of class reworks (like Carnifex, Templars and Sentinels) first? Or do you think they should just disregard them, and keep forging forward with new class releases/revamps and leave the incompleted ones in the dust, until they eventually get back around to fixing them?
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • I'd like to see the Sentaari get some fixes... being placed in the position of "That class that is great for hunting and RP, but only useful in support for combat" kinda sucks.
    KonnornKerrynIllikaalStathan
    edited April 2013
    I'm going to do my best to not derail this thread, but no, Sarkis. Sentaari are still amazingly good in combat. The only problem I'm seeing with them is their lack of physical audit, especially with the nerf to warmth. Since they have a slow buildup offense, they need to be able to take a beating for the first half of the fight (like Teradrim, Daru, and Shamans). They have some of the best damage management skills in the game, but dear god almighty will they kill your mana pool, leaving you open to easy absolves and annihilations. 

Still, as long as you aren't fighting a mana detrimental class, you should be doing relatively fine. If you have the mentality that Monks suck in actual combat, then you're doing it completely wrong. 

Edit: Hopefully IF/WHEN guard gets nerfed, it'll open up some options to help monks survive their early fight with some small physical audit buffs, and or maybe some mana cost reductions. Aside from those problems, monks are a pretty solid class right now. 
    KerrynAlastair
  • If you aren't fighting vs abs/annihilate... it seems to me from reading the AB's that monks, in essence, have a second health pool from their mana. That's probably the reason for a lackluster audit. Combine that with an offense that requires a wind up, and you have something that can situationally be devastating, or completely obliterated.

/peanut gallery
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
    Illikaal
    Alastair said:
    If you aren't fighting vs abs/annihilate... it seems to me from reading the AB's that monks, in essence, have a second health pool from their mana. That's probably the reason for a lackluster audit. Combine that with an offense that requires a wind up, and you have something that can situationally be devastating, or completely obliterated.

/peanut gallery
    That's pretty much the gist of it. Regeneration also takes up a fairly huge chunk of mana, as does maintaining kai trance, and using kai abilities. Telepathy attacks take HUGE amounts of mana and willpower, as do Tekura blocks. Combine all of these things with clotting, focus, renew, and you have a monk that has practically no mana all the time. That's why you can't realistically ever use blocks, and I mean EVER. Transmute forces you to be really careful when putting mana into health, but conversely, monks are squishy as shit to begin with. You sometimes have to transmute your mana into your health pool to stay alive, yet, you sometimes need to drain your already rapidly declining health into your mana pool just to upkeep your defenses. Telepathy and Kaido aren't meant to be spammed, which is good. Still, I feel like the mana costs are just too enormous when combined with other natural mana burning abilities. 

But at the end of the day, like Alastair said, unless you're fighting a class that can capitalize on your lack of mana, you should be mostly fine. 
  • First, I'd like a poll that didn't have Sentinels in first position. Because lol sentinels.

As to what the admin should do first? Revamp Carnifex properly, and actually follow through on tweaks and adjustments post release this time.
    I'm not understanding the 'lol sentinels' reference. They've had problems in the past before, had their rework before Carnifex even came out, and now are being revisited because of a bad rework. They've also put in a lot of work into a proper revamp now which is only having to undergo the testing phase at this point, according to Razmael. I don't see why they'd drop finishing Sentinels at this point, before moving on to Carnifex. 
  • I vote for fixing what's in the process of being tweaked, before moving onto other things. Easier to have a baseline, or standard of any form, when you are fixing what's half fixed, instead of having 50 things half done.

/2centz
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
  • I'd have jester class on every character. Puppets OP, man. Puppets OP.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ensoi tells you, "I'm officially turning Syssin into the pirates guild when I get GM."
    STILL WAITING FOR THIS
    Haven
  • CABALISTS
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Announce #1234
    By: Razmael
    Subj: Cabalist Revamps

We have decided to delete the Cabalists.

- Raz
    SetneAoiveaeEsper
  • I would like to see zealot get something that makes them better than 'monks with illumination'.

That said, I understand the whole 'fix the classes that're broken before breaking new ones.'

I'm mostly waiting for the lycanthrope revamps. I've been missing the meta classes since druids were axed, and this is as close as I'm gonna get, I guess.
  • Yeah, I also would like the daru to get something nice. They're one of the classes that IMO have needed a rework for a pretty long time, I personally suggest fire ninjas.

However, in line with the current topic I really think the order should be Carnifex fixing, sciomancer/ascendril rework, then the update to sentinel. You guys just got revamped, should let the other ones get it. 
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    You really like ninjas don't you?
    Xiuhcoatl
  • Delete Cabalists, what? :|

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aoiveae said:
    Delete Cabalists, what? :|
    A joke!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Aoiveae said:
    A joke!
    Good - I haven't gotten a chance to give people a reason to delete mah class yet. >: ]

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Aoiveae said:
    Haven said:
    Aoiveae said:
    A joke!
    Good - I haven't gotten a chance to give people a reason to delete mah class yet. >: ]
    That's the spirit! You show us how it's done.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    MastemaAoiveae
  • Yes please fix Carnifex, there is no synergy at all.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • I literally know where Razmael lives*; he better not delete my Cabbies!

* I actually can't remember, but NZ is a pretty small place.
  • edited June 2013

Just ask a sheep for directions

;) J/k
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    ArbreOleisCiarelle
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Yeah Daru aren't going to get an update probably because they're going to be one of the guilds getting zapped.
  • Er...last I heard they weren't going to eliminate classes tied to removed guilds. Just an FYI.

• Xavin said:
    Er...last I heard they weren't going to eliminate classes tied to removed guilds. Just an FYI.
    That.