Bounties

124»

Comments

• Asking for reparations? You arrogant unicorn. Get over yourself.

I'm disgusted by a lot of people who have participated in this thread. The bottom line is they were brand new to the game novices and you treated them like dirt. THAT is why people quit Aetolia.

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.
    MalokXavinIllikaalLaniraCalipsoAzraelAngweSeirAtrapoema
  • I gotta say. I appreciate...the intent? But the aggression coming from you's probably not helping things - and, to be fair? Somehow these kids actually seem to be enjoying the attention (and are now also reading the forums, they grow up so fast!) - so, hey. No harm no foul, mostly; don't think bountying novices was the best move to make, but it happened. In the future, hopefully it won't happen again.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XavinIllikaalFenrirZunRivasLaniraSeir
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Isto did set up with me to claim the bounty on Xenia rather than claiming it himself. Given I'm not really that much of a fighter I think it was mostly luck that I won the duel. 

On topic however, I can see how the bounty system can be abused, and at the time I can see how it can be abused in a completely different context. Top tier fighters can get themselves bountied on purpose just for the amusing attempts of people trying to claim it. So no matter how you look at it, in what ever context there will be some sort of abuse. 

And I agree with everyone saying that they barely read laws. I have only done it a few times so far and mostly just to BS my way through an interview.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Stathan said:
    And I agree with everyone saying that they barely read laws. I have only done it a few times so far and mostly just to BS my way through an interview.
    I have to check my guild's laws (which Volm and I wrote) to even remember what's on the novice test.  I didn't even know Enorian still had protected areas.
    Stathan
  • I'm a Slyphian Bloodlochian, what rules?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

CalipsoStathan
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    From an RP perspective if you walk into an enemy city be it on purpose or by accident then there would be consequences.  Example, I accidentally walk to North Korea... idk why I would but now I'm there.  The Koreans aren't going to be cool with that and let me off the hook because it was an accident and I'm not a soldier.

That being said, any of the older players have at some point been killed for accidentally entering loch.  Happened to Carthenian within the last 4 months.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited April 2013
    There's a point where not being a huge asshole > RP though. It's still a game. I've stopped enemying newbies unless they show signs of getting past level 21 and becoming more entrenched in the game to avoid turning them off.

This "they did it so we can too" mentality is just stupid. It perpetuates mount killing, utterly stupid bounties, rampant teaming, stuff that just makes the game worse for EVERYONE. I've seen it happen on both sides, and honestly let's just stop letting one or two rogue bad apples spread it everywhere. Someone killing your mounts a lot? Go kill -that- person's mount whenever you can.
    JensenArbreAngweCalipsoAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I forgot how to do AREA OFF in mudbot, so there was like a real life....uhh...year or two, at the height of the Eno-BL war stuff, where I pathed through Loch every time I went to go buy wood from Saluria. And I buy a lot of wood. Damnit, now someone is going to quote that out of context.

Point being, the worst I got was Darliea going OMG STOP IT WOMAN MY GUARDS. And I did it like...every few days as an accident.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I remember standing there and you running in and dying three times in a row.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    IT KEPT TRYING TO PATH D:
  • Ezalor said:
    There's a point where not being a huge asshole > RP though. It's still a game. I've stopped enemying newbies unless they show signs of getting past level 21 and becoming more entrenched in the game to avoid turning them off.

This "they did it so we can too" mentality is just stupid. It perpetuates mount killing, utterly stupid bounties, rampant teaming, stuff that just makes the game worse for EVERYONE. I've seen it happen on both sides, and honestly let's just stop letting one or two rogue bad apples spread it everywhere. Someone killing your mounts a lot? Go kill -that- person's mount whenever you can.
    I like this. If anything instant enemying a new player to an organization when they join the game gives off a bad vibe. I know of many players of IRE that hate being enemied to cities because they feel like they have been put in a bad light.
    MoireanRivas
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Calipso said:

Ezalor said:

I like this. If anything instant enemying a new player to an organization when they join the game gives off a bad vibe. I know of many players of IRE that hate being enemied to cities because they feel like they have been put in a bad light.

Personally, I find this line of logic ridiculous. I've never played so I don't know how it works exactly but when someone chooses Horde in WoW, do they get upset that they're enemied to the Alliance or vice versa?

If anything, I think the newbie intro (aside from an overhaul) needs to establish the larger / general theme of Living vs Undeath. When I first joined Aetolia, having read each different helpfile, I expected some form of aggression from the opposing faction. This by no means meant that I'd never interact with them or anything but I understood the stance and "severity" of my choice in choosing a side.

Maybe that understanding has been lost over the years on newbies for one reason or another, I don't know but I find it odd that anyone would get upset that an organization is playing their established role, newbie or no.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Alastair

• Haven said:
    Maybe that understanding has been lost over the years on newbies for one reason or another, I don't know but I find it odd that anyone would get upset that an organization is playing their established role, newbie or no.
    I think if playing their established role constitutes whether or not newcommers are immediately enemied to two city-states, then something needs looking into, in our mechanics.
    Moirean
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Calipso said:

Haven said:

I think if playing their established role constitutes whether or not newcommers are immediately enemied to two city-states, then something needs looking into, in our mechanics.

Nah, I don't think so because some if not all roleplay shouldn't be set in stone. It develops and they could change their mind. It wouldn't do to flip mechanics like this repeatedly over an organization's whims. So long as the roles are clarified in some way, I think it's fine.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2