Aetolia Commander/EDH League?!

If we're anything here in Aetolia, we're nerds, and nerds tend to nerd about more than one thing. A primary vector of nerd-dom, for me, is Magic the Gathering. Considering the success of the Magic-card-your-character thread in the past, I imagine it must be a vector of nerd-dom for some of you, too.

Therefore! I propose we get some Commander games going. Spelltable makes it pretty easy to do via webcam. It'd be fun and perhaps a bit humanizing for us. What d'y'all think? Sounds fun, right? Comment below if interested?! Thanks?!?!
(Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
(Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
(Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
RhyotGalileiSeurimasAeryx

Comments

• A FEW ADDITIONAL THINGS:

1) We'll observe the custom of having Rule 0 conversations before games. Communicating expectations is a good way to ensure it stays fun!

2) My intention is for this to be largely casual, so folks who are newer to the game shouldn't feel intimidated. Of course, if you connect with a group that wants to play HYPER OPTIMIZED CEDH, then knock yourselves out! :}

3) Proxies are good. We can't all spend a billion dollars on both antiquated text-based games AND luxury cardboard squares, so let's just be cool about proxying, thanks.

Alela's Affirmations
    RhyotAeryx
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Despite the fact that I have the Red Mana Symbol tattooed on my body in real life, I actually have a pretty cool mono black Commander deck I play with my friends. Haven't gotten to use it in a couple years due to Covid. This could be interesting.
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Alela
  • Ohhh I'm keen, but scheduling might be a toughy because my timezone might be a bit odd. I built an EDH deck years ago but then right as I finished it my friends lost interest D:
    AlelaAeryx
  • Bold of you to assume I have either a webcam or the money to put into MTG anymore >.>
    AeryxAlela
  • TiurTiur Producer
    The EDH community here scared me away, but I have a deck somewhere I think. Will trade credits for Sol Ring?
    AeryxIesidAlela
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    I uh. I've got one of those dragon starter decks laying around. If that's acceptable. Though I don't run a webcam with most people. Has more to do with my professional life than anything. I do run mic though! And if I need a webcam to keep me "honest", I'll set it up so you don't see my face, just what's on my desk, I guess?
    AeryxAlela
  • Axius said:

I uh. I've got one of those dragon starter decks laying around. If that's acceptable. Though I don't run a webcam with most people. Has more to do with my professional life than anything. I do run mic though! And if I need a webcam to keep me "honest", I'll set it up so you don't see my face, just what's on my desk, I guess?

Kinda how it's supposed to be :) That way they can see what you are playing. I would think playmat and hand in view of camera.
    Alela
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    Watching someone from the desk down??? That's how bad things happen.

"Oh no step-card. Stop. What are you doing?"

ArdentIesidAyastiaAlelaSeurimas
  • Tiur said:

The EDH community here scared me away, but I have a deck somewhere I think. Will trade credits for Sol Ring?

you and me, 1v1 EDH to decide the fate of any classlead report. >:(
    ArdentAlela
  • Tiur said:

I will take this trade >:}

Alela's Affirmations
  • Ayastia said:

Axius said:

Kinda how it's supposed to be :) That way they can see what you are playing. I would think playmat and hand in view of camera.
    Yeah, sorry, to be clear: you don't gotta have face on camera (I don't intend to, either). You just need a webcam on your play space. As with many things, the Professor has a pretty good little introduction to playing on Spelltable:

Alela's Affirmations
  • Ok, well! @Aeryx @Holbrook @Tiur @Axius (and anyone else who's interested, really) - moving further planning to another venue (Discord?) might be easier and less vexing for people who would like to see the Nice Things thread. I can either make one specifically for the purpose, or perhaps we can get a channel in the main Aetolia discord? LMK what y'all prefer, and let's make it happennnnnnnn

Alela's Affirmations
    Holbrook
  • Discord sounds good! Let's do it :smiley:

I'm on the official discord with this name if you're looking for me!
    Alela