Kaiara Gallant

Okay, so those of you that know me know I'm p terrified of the forums because they can hurt my tiny feelings. These pages, though, I like to read often.

That aside, I have finally worked up the courage and I'm ready. Lay it on me, the good, the bad, and the ugly about Kai. Affirm away.

Comments

• Aya doesn't really know that much of Kaiara yet. She has, however, been a rather good influence on Aya. Even way back when when she was a Carnifex and tried mocking Ethne. Kaiara put her in her place in the most gentle, polite way. Since then, the character has intrigued me and I am so happy that we have had a chance to have small little chitters every so often. I eagerly await when the two will get to know each other better!
    Kaiara
  • We make coffee date delaying an extreme sport. It's practically a required ongoing theme now. I kinda love the casual normalcy and the almost playfulness that was able to develop -just- out of never actually sitting down to finish a conversation over the years.
    AyastiaKaiara
  • Kaiara has become one of my favorite people to RP with over the last couple of months. The strange friendship that spawned between her and Roux has just taken me by surprise, and that little Kelki can draw out some of the most protective and frustrated emotions from Roux. I am back and forth between d'aawing at the cute and then giggling at the absurdity and then being like 'No she didn't!' while I wait for Roux to just implode from whatever was just said.

Your writing is lovely but not too verbose, a really good mixture of informative and decorative and a pleasure to read and respond to. Kaiara is quirky and waaaay too innocent for her own good, and I hope to be there when she needs bailed out of whatever trouble her science-seeking has led her into. I have a feeling this rapscallion will be following her around for a while to come so as to watch while yet another wide-eyed innocent Kaiara interaction bends people to her will in the most pleasant manner possible.
    Kaiara
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    10/10, nicest spiriter sermon holder Axius is aware of. Usually is fairly warm before -and- after, and at least enjoys kawhe enough that if Axius offers, she does not turn down the offer! Axius definitely would love to find more common ground to chat and discuss in the future.
    Kaiara
  • 0/10, worst Headmistress, would not hire again.

But for real - Xavin sees Kaiara as a weird sort of surrogate daughter figure. She reminds him quite a lot of a former student who met a rather tragic end and pretty much always has. He's very happy to have her help in the Ascendril and couldn't be more pleased with how she has grown into the role of an Ascendril. Needs more interaction though.

Kaiara
  • HaelraHaelra Immortal
    I like your fish. :)
    ArdentKaiaraIesidXavinRhine
  • I enjoy finding others who seem as excited about science as the Archivists and Saidenn are. I rather like the idea of the 'rival university' vibe and I feel that will be a thing with Kaiara and Saidenn. I know we do not get many opportunities to RP but I always look forward to more!

Now let's start rugby teams so the Archivists can kick the Ascendril's butts.
    ArdentKaiaraSeurimas
  • @Ayastia - Yes! When I first met Ayastia (through shouts), I was very anxious about interacting, but I enjoy the easy commitment they've made to one another - Kai to support Aya's transition to Enorian, and Aya in accepting this nosey little Kelki just pushing her way into other situations.

@Teotl - OMG but -don't we-?? It's amazing how often you've asked me a question and I have the -best- idea to find an answer, then ten years later, it seems like you only asked me yesterday. This is Kai's fault for being a flighty, easily distracted by science and things she doesn't know person - as much as my fault, because I have a ruthlessly short memory. So, like. We should get tea sometime.

@Roux - I could say long things to you, but we talk IC and OOC every day and I think you know every single little thought I have about Kai and Roux's RP! Their friendship, like you said, is -so- random out of nowhere (did we decide it came from Kai randomly making demands of Roux? 'Teach @Aukan to play the violin', 'Be my second-in-command!'), but now they are so tight. Have I mentioned how much I love that they try to constantly protect each other and consistently get mad at each other for the other trying to protect them??

@Axius - I'll have to make an excuse to wander by your shop sometime, I see the advertisements all the time! That seems like a good reason to meet each other, esp for as how often Kai asks @Teotl out for kawhe/tea.

@Xavin - Ok buddy you can make ur own furniture then! J/k I have like half of it done.

@Haelra - I like my fish too. It is by far the best thing I have made in my life ever and I'm SO grateful to Firemom for helping me with that whole thing!

@Saidenn - Ok broski, I feel like rugby would be awful - do you have any idea how many Asc are nerdy little dorks (Example: Kaiara) with no visible athletic ability?? I think we'll have to do like... school forensics or something. Like... skits. Or TedTalks.
    ArdentAyastia
  • It would be called 'rugby' but we both know it would be both sides using their arcane abilities to not technically break the rules but definitely bend them beyond metaphysical limits to try to 'win'.

Cataclysms, fireballs, tornadoes, numerology return, shapes drawn on the field, shaping the field from grass to lakes to caves and everything in-between.

And the one person who thought we meant ACTUAL rugby with running knocking out people from the other team by just gently pushing them over.
    KaiaraEleneJhura
  • I've been trying to remember how Kaia and Jhura first met, and I -think- it was from me showing up to random lessers and trying to keep up with target calling while I just spammed lighting as a shaman novice, and you poking me to see how I was doing with it all and being -APPALLED- when I told you the only kind of system I had was a target follower I pulled over from Achaea and kinda forced to work. Then I got yeeted into the Sunder discord and I think Kaia just kinda adopted Jhura? From that point she was just always THERE and it felt so natural, like yeah, this is my best friend, why wouldn't she be in my life? As much as I've enjoyed my time here, I honestly don't know if I would have stayed past the first few weeks if it wasn't for Kaia, and she(and you) are definitely 99% of the enjoyment that I get out of it all. And now they're sisters! That moment of getting adopted into the Gallants was the highlight of that year for her, and probably the next few as well. <3
    KaiaraAloliAyastia
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I thoroughly enjoy our interactions and the sisterly bond we've created accidentally.

It's been very nice to see how our characters can just fall right back into their fun patterns regardless of how long it's been, weeks or months, since they've seen each other because I've been away. 

I love the trust between them and the teasing. Their banter really feels like that with my RL sister. 

More importantly, I adore your writing style and the way you portray Kai in different situations. It's absolutely hilarious sometimes when they get together and my sides hurt from all the laughing. Or crying. She and you are very emotionally intelligent and I love that there are no awkward moments for them. She jives so well with how empathetic I am as a person. 

Thanks for letting me tease you every now and then! 

(PS: I hated your name when I first met you because you broke a Kai alias of mine) but I love you and the whole family that came after you! 
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    JhuraKaiara