Announce post #3146: Diciembre 2020

12/1/2020 at 1:19
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Diciembre 2020

Hooray Holidays, people!

As always, December means stockings. Because my favorite gift was a pack of socks, right? Stockings for sale under the 'Artifact Packages' section of our credit purchase page at http://www.aetolia.com/credits

You can hang these stockings up for yourself or a friend, and after some time Ironbeard will sneak along and fill the stockings with goodies for the owner to collect! Of course, they aren't reusable. Ew.

Ironbeard never strikes the same sock twice - the smell chases him away.

Syntax: HANG <stocking> FOR ME/<friend> [ANONYMOUS] ---------------------------------------------------

If you are hanging it up for someone else they will be notified of such, and if you choose to hang it up for them anonymously, they won't know it was you who did it. The message will also be delayed by a minute if anonymous, to give you time to flee the scene!

Syntax: STOCKINGS, OPEN STOCKING
--------------------------------
You will be able to see the status of all of your hung stockings with this command. Once it's marked as filled, simply go to the room and OPEN STOCKING.

There are four tiers of stockings: Festive, Fancy, Grand, and Extravagant.

Festive: 1 prize roll
Fancy: 4 prize rolls (that's +1 rolls for the cost)
Grand: 11 prize rolls (that's +2 rolls for the cost)
Extravagant: 37 prize rolls (This was increased!)
Trick: Same pool as Festive, but is way more fun

Bonus! For every 5 stockings of a given tier (We'll keep track of this over the month, so feel free to split up purchases, no worries) you can get either a platinum or gold stocking of that tier! That means 5 Extravagant Stockings gives you 1 Gold/Platinum Extravagant Stocking! These stockings are special and fill on December 25th (gold) or January 1st (platinum). They also have about double the prize odds of their lesser, more mundane compatriots, plus chances for a special prize.

Gold stockings not hung by December 25th will become Platinum stockings.

Gold Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------

10x Artifact Salvage
Stomping Boots
A Ring of Elemental Mastery
A class unlock token

Platinum Special Prizes (only 4 stockings will have these)
------------------------------------------------------
A custom Premote token
A custom wings token
A Beastmaster's Whip
A market stall

You can refer to HELP STOCKING ITEMS to see more information on what items you might find in your stockings, including the unique artifacts that will be drawn in the golden/platinum giftbags.

Best wishes
-T

PS Fixed ai code means I can bring back the Thrim Flute, right?

PPS There is also a stocking in the milestone wares. It's totally normal. Really. Trust me.

Penned by my hand on Gosday, the 25th of Haernos, in the year 491 MA.
GavramelIesid

Comments

• edited December 2020

It turns out, whoever hung this lovely trick stocking for me in Asper, also managed to send me running through the whole continent hundreds of times in a grand chase. It eventually took me a little over an hour and a half, and over 450-ish trips to finally catch up to the elusive stocking, only to receive:

You open your festive red stocking and take out 8734 gold sovereigns, a penetrative vox iterator, a caramel chocolate, a grimstim pill, a hazelnut chocolate, and a lacquered minipet cage.

Was it worth the time? Well, considering how much I was cackling to myself the whole time walking around to open the stocking, that enough is worth, lol.

Joke well-played, Pools. How unlucky must my RNG be to get this infernal hell. XD

... now who was the crimi- I mean, lovely benefactor who hung me a stocking? NAME YOURSELF.
    HavenGavramelSaritaValorie
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Is it intentional that you get the same amount of gold/platinum stockings for the first tier as you do the second?

In other words, if your goal is gold/platinum stockings, it's more efficient to buy festive (the lowest/cheapest stocking)?

Just want to make sure I wasn't missing something here, or if the gold/platinum stockings in the higher tiers also have more rolls or something like that.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    higher tier gold/plats have a their number of 'rolls' when considering the Big Prizes. So yeah, a gold extravagant helps you shoot for the big prize than an equal $ of festive golds.
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So, small question.

With all the gold/platinum stockings that are going to be in circulation... if you are not one of the four lucky individual's who gets one of the big prizes... how many rolls will you get otherwise for each gold and platinum stockings?

• TiurTiur Producer
    They're double a normal one. Which really puts a wrench in attempting to work out the fair promo statistics, lemme tell ya.
    Rhyot
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    edited December 2020
    I mean... I'd be fine if a failed gold/platinum stocking is equal to a Grand, because at least then you're not being shot to hell for spending $70+. If not 11 pulls, maybe 7... because 7 is a lucky number and it goes with the theme of luck?

Getting only two pulls (double a normal/fancy one) seems very lackluster and kind of gimp. Idk. Just my critique.

• TiurTiur Producer
    What, no, double whatever it is a gold OF. So a gold Extravagant is 74 pulls.

Like... $75 for 15 Festives gives you 15 rolls, +3 g/p for an extra 6 rolls. 21 rolls total. And 3 stockings with 1 chance each at the Big Prize, total 3.

A fancy is 4 rolls, and with 5 for $75, you get 20 rolls + 1 g/p, so 28 rolls total. With 1 stocking with 4 chances at a Big Prize.

Balancing that makes my eye twitch. Which is part of why I never mess with stockings. That is so not balanced and makes my soul writhe. But, its fair from the discount perspective, so it's okay.
    RhyotGavramel
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    OOOOH!!! SEE!! That makes much more sense now. Ok. Nvm. Carry on!! :D

Gavramel