Invisible Quest Items

KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
edited August 2020 in Aetolia Development
Hello folks!

I'm opening a thread here to document quests that involve hidden items that you cannot see. I'm going to be changing a lot of those items so that when you SEARCH it will reveal that item within the room, so that you aren't playing a game of guessing anymore. It's either there or not.

If you know of such quests, list them down here and I'll eventually get around to updating them.

Thanks!
ZeheiaTeaniOonaghAlix

Comments

• I feel like Iviofiyiedu has quite a few of these, "interact with X thing" but I also don't really go there, cause I feel like everytime I have tried quests there, they were broken.

It's probably been a couple years since I have tried.
    TeaniSibatti
  • edited August 2020
    The only ones I can think of offhand is the Village of Rahveir. I can get you the exact vnums and items in those rooms if you need them. The quest is DASAM_WARDS.
    Oh, and Ripabyss_lockedlibrary and all of the iviofiyiedu quests - there's a mixture of in room items and in description items. (iviofiyiedu_ghedha is currently broken - as is iviofiyiedu_trust and probably iviofiyiedu_idols)
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited August 2020
    The dome that houses the Creator by Riparium. At least one step to getting to the study/library requires finding a hidden container to get a key from, and it's only barely hinted at in the room's long desc.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Oonagh
  • Ankyrean Containment Lab has loads
    (Congregation): Iosyne says, "I made a cup."

Horkval are a feature...
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited August 2020
    Does this include hidden entrances as well, or just quest items @Keroc ?

• There is a hidden item in Aerie for a quest.
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited August 2020
    Pretty much 60% of the Riparium lab questline has invisible items with obscure oacts.

Edit: god I need to learn how to read, someone already already mentioned this one.

BorminchiaOonagh
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The beginning of the mirrormaze escape in Azdun has an item that might qualify.
    Teani
  • I'll probably forget to come back to the forums to list them but if I come across them in game is there something I can add to a bug report to make them easier for you to find @Keroc ?
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Teani said:

Does this include hidden entrances as well, or just quest items @Keroc ?

Just quest items for now.
    Alix said:

I'll probably forget to come back to the forums to list them but if I come across them in game is there something I can add to a bug report to make them easier for you to find @Keroc ?

Throw them up here on the forums rather then as a bug. They'll get lost within the bug queue otherwise.
    Alix
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    The haunted house has a lot of invisible items.
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran