Tension, Tantrums, and Tenderness at the Wedding

AloliAloli Between Books
Hello,

This is the last of the series of logs detailing Benedicto and Aloli's wedding and circumstances leading up to it.

If you've missed the earlier ones, Benedicto has them organized chronologically in his thread: The Chronicles of Benedicto.

Big thank you to Kyna for all the amazing support and for letting me make a bad deal with Chakrasul, for letting it happen the way it did. The whole wedding turned into something we didn't expect, at all, and it certainly was better than my idea of making a surprise wedding at a fake lesser (thank you to all our amazing friends who agreed to help with that plot anyway!).

I also really want to thank Bamathis for being patient with me, I was so overwhelmed pretty quickly at the beginning and nearly chickened out of emoting.

Because of how overwhelmed and nervous I was, my writing was all over the place, I apologize to those who attended and suffered that from me. I did fix my mistakes in this log, thanks to the kind people who were willing to point things out to me. I love you guys!

This log is unique in that it's a marriage between two logs. Instead of posting the same event from his and her perspective, we put the perspectives into one.

(side note: it has been a few challenging weeks for me because of the quarantine and circumstances surrounding it, but it was a nice project that Bene gave me to try to do this log this way, I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed merging the two logs together.)

Stay safe and healthy.

-------------------

Link to the colorful HTML file is here!

If you don't want to load the link, the full thing (without color) is here:

Bamathis to Benedicto:
The suit wrapped around you gives you an uncomfortable, metaphysical squeeze, acknowledged with every sense you possess. Your heartbeat begins to quicken, and the tentacles at the nape of your neck begin to stand on end.

And then, Bamathis is there, tall and imperious, you held tight against Him by one encircling arm each. Waves of tension roll off of the Immortal, hazing the air immediately around Himself and you. He stops at the back of the aisle before casting a cold, impassive gaze around the room, quickly scanning through those present. "Stand!" He commands.

Church just thought:
Ugh, but I just got comfortable...

Siorva smiles as she gets up and instead joins Zenobia and Rebra with a big smile upon her face, give a little happy clap.

Lexen returns to his feet, drawing himself into the stance of attention at the command.

Talonnb stands up quickly at the loud command.

Kaiara squeaks aloud, starting to her feet, her attention falling back to blink owlishly at Bamathis. At the sight of you, she breaks into a sunny, optimistic smile, waving cheerfully.

Ander hastens to his feet, his hands brushing over his legs, he turns his attention over his
shoulder, looking towards you.

Huffing in alarm, Lin practically leaps to her feet.

Moxie rises to her feet, jolted into movement by the command.

Rebra raises an eyebrow. She stands, drawing her cloak about her, to turn her gaze to you and the Warlord.

Jhura stands quickly, her eyes fixed on you and lips curled in a smile for her friend.

Xavin lets out a low grunt before pushing his way to his feet.

Azarae stands up at the command, composing herself.

As easily as he'd sat down, Serrice rises, his attention turning in Bamathis and your direction.

Ethne grunts and stays perfectly seated, casting a sideglance to Haern from where She sits. But, eventually and begrudgingly, She stands to Her feet.

Valingar grimaces, having barely taken a seat, before standing again.

Almost immediately, Rhine stands back up at the command from Bamathis. She turns slightly to offer you a bright smile, the gems on her skin shimmering enough to give her a soft glow about her form.

Aisar stands with her serene demeanor.

Heaving a sigh, Church drags himself back to his feet - offering a small, reassuring smile towards you and Benedicto.

Haern crosses His arms, yet to find a seat, focused mostly between you and Benedicto.

Aishia takes a beat, locking her gaze to Bamathis, a breath, or two, then she rises in a slow and methodical manner.

Nola rises out of her seat just as soon as she had taken it, spine snapping upright as she quickly looks towards the Warlord. It's hard to miss such a figure.

Sekeres stands swiftly, the rainbow glass on her bracelet winking as she looks to you with a tender smile.

Haven is slow to rise to his feet at the command but rises he does.

Clearly amused by Her own Self, Chakrasul allows a musical laugh to slip past Her lips and the low timbre perfectly ties into the haunting music that plays around you. None the less, the demure Immortal rolls excitedly onto the balls of Her feet and She brings Her hands together over Her navel as She awaits mortal and God at the other end of the aisle with Benedicto.

Haven just thought:
You think, "Light preserve me."

Zenobia rises and lets her sapphire gaze fall upon you a warm smile offered.

Siorva stands up swiftly but her gaze passes over the crowd, a gentle smile upon her features before turning to look at the bride.

Siorva just thought:
So many different designs, so many pretty clothes... I need to think up more designs...

It is now dawn on Gosday, the 17th of Lleian, year 485 of the Midnight Age.
A bloom of iron and light flares to greet the sun, freshening the air with the tang of metal and herbs.
A serene whisper fills the air as the myriad tiles along a figurine of Damariel pivot and turn in their settings, rearranging into a new aspect of the Unbound.

Aloli remains perfectly still next to Bamathis, full of tension as her gaze quickly sweeps across the attendees, taking stock of the mood and desperately searching for Benedicto only to him at the end of the aisle, right in front of her. A small wave of relief washes over her when she realizes there has been no fighting thus far and her groom is unharmed. Her chin lifts confidently, encouraged by the sight of her healthy betrothed and gathered family and friends. She looks empowered by the Warlord's support and protection but while everyone is rising, her vibrantly blue eyes are only for Benedicto, losing sight of everyone else present. Her hand's grip on Bamathis' arm and on her iron bloom tightens, preparing herself to walk.

Quickly snapping to a rigid stance, Aisar brings her weapon to a vertical position infront of her chest in an act of respect.

Benedicto remains still, sweating in place as he almost quivers with the rigidity of his posture. This is not mere nerves or second thoughts, it is clear something adversely works its influence upon him.

Bamathis waits until everyone is standing, His piercing, argent gaze brooking no argument, no alternative. Finally, He steps forward, you held tightly - securely - against Him. With measured, even steps He guides you down the aisle towards Benedicto, His own gaze now fixed solely upon him. As they finally reach the end, He merely stops, still holding tight to you.

Kodaza arrives from the south.

Kodaza inclines her head politely to those around her.

Ethne to Benedicto:
You feel the heat of Dawn within you, suffusing your being with warmth.

Rebra examines you, her eyes falling upon you wedding gown. She breaks into a small smile.

Aishia sweeps her gaze over you, blinking a few times at the sight of her gown and veil, her expression of one struggling with the merit of a smile.

Rebra just thought:
Duskywings. Oh, Mother, they are beautiful in their struggle...

Benedicto stiffly turns his head and his pearlescent eyes, normally clear and focused are increasingly bloodshot with strain as he glances longingly from you to then lock eyes with Bamathis whereupon his brow furrows minutely.

(Tells): Serrice, the Black Fox tells you, "Steady now. Steady as may be."

Bamathis only stares at Benedicto now - weighing, measuring. Finally, "I have given this woman My protection for this ceremony. She will not be harmed by anyone." His voice lowers, ice creeping into the words. "But know that protection extends a lifetime for her, if you bring her harm." His eyes flick down to the spot just before Himself, then back to Benedicto, silently ordering him forward to meet the Divine.

Benedicto gives a jerk of a nod in response, a low growl rattling within his throat.

A harrowing, mournful sigh whips past your ear and as the sound abates, you notice your skin has raised with rails of goosebumps.

Benedicto just thought:
"Release me Lord Bamathis!" He demands, focusing his thought with laser precision towards the argent Divinity standing opposite him. "Remove your presence from me!"

Bamathis to Benedicto:
The pressure abates - however slightly - allowing you movement.

Tenshyo's arms cross gently over his chest as he stands towards the back of the hall. Watching silently.

Nola's hands find themselves entangled in a battle, fidgeting restlessly. It is the only sign of her unease, as her composure is solid, her face without a smile or frown to share. She studies the betrothed pair carefully, her attention mostly given to Benedicto.

Haven Locke murmurs to Nola, "Do you feel that too?"

Benedicto almost lunges forward, so suddenly is he apparently released from whatever invisible bonds bound him previously. He draws in a deep lungful of air as he quickly rights himself, holding out his webbed hand towards you.

Nola looks sidelong at Haven, her brow pulling together slightly with an unspoken question.

Fyerin Nola Locke murmurs to Haven, "What, sick to my stomach?"

Lexen's features set into a grim frown, his attention focused on the two in the front.

Kaiara's brow knits into a small furrow as she watches Benedicto, her gaze moving to you and back to him. She shifts a little, leaning her weight comfortable against Church, scrutinizing the events - though she seems stalwartly dedicated to the supportive, sunny smile she wears.

Bamathis carefully removes the arm entwined through yours, then takes hold of your hand and connects it to Benedicto's own. "Heed My warning, Pentarch." Then He turns to look upon you. "Do not let them see you weak." With that, He steps away and to the side, lining Himself up on your side of the aisle, hands moving to rest comfortably behind Him.

Drawing a silk-lined fur coat of ash and rust tones tighter over his chest, Church burbles a slightly exaggerated 'brrr' towards Kaiara, eyes mirthful.

Haven clenches his jaw and simply pats Nola's arm as he redirects his attention to the exchange happening up front.

Yielding her hand to Bamathis' charge, Aloli alights it gently in Benedicto's expectant palm. "They will never see me weak, my Lord," is her response as though it were a promise to the God and herself, spoken while her gaze remains arrested on her groom, greatly concerned for his well-being as she steps closer toward him.

Aloli just thought:
Only he can ever see me weak.

Siorva reaches up to wipe a few tears away, mumbling to herself how she loves weddings while her tails sway behind her happily. Hands pressed together with fingers entwined, watching the festivities.

"Your threats are not required, Lord Bamathis. However, the sentiment behind them is--" Benedicto hesitates for a fraction of a second. "--appreciated." This is the last he gives of his attention towards Bamathis as it moves to focus solely upon you. Despite the severity of the situation and their surroundings, he manages a simple look of joy, leaning forward to murmur something to you.

Aloli flushes and glows a little brighter when she hears and feels Benedicto's murmur in her ear. Her answer is a quickly stolen kiss to his cheek as she whispers something back. Soon she turns back to face Chakrasul, still smiling fondly. While her hand stays in his, she breathes easily and a faint light begins to bloom between their hands; slowly she relaxes some residual kai into their grasp, healing and soothing.

(Tells): Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl tells you, "You are not alone, Abbess. Your friends are behind and beside you."

There is a loud guffaw as Bamathis releases you to Benedicto. Haern's rumbling voice follows: "That's it then, they're married now, right?"

Kodaza inhales softly, chin nestled into her fur as she watches the couple, her wings fluttering along with the butterflies of your dress.

Jhura just thought:
Her strength puts the rest of us to shame in this moment.

Aishia knots her hands up fistfuls of skirt-silk, as she shuffles uncomfortably in her heels,
glancing wistfully back over her shoulder, sparing a smile up to Valingar on the way, before eying
the bench desirously.

(Tells): You tell Aisar, "Thank you, I see you."

Ethne reaches up to place Her hand across Her face as She hears Haern, just shaking Her head back and forth slowly.

(Tells): Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl tells you, "I have something for you after the wedding."

Wrapping her arms about themselves and her, Rhine keeps her attention on you and Benedicto. A look that may only be described a hopeful flashes across her delicate features, even as the light shining through the gems on her skin dim and flicker. Turning to look back at Haern, the gemling shakes her head.

"There must be Might within each of you, for you attended a wedding in which you expected blood--." Chakrasul begins to announce as you and Benedicto come together, hand in hand before Her. "I - what, no, Brother!" The demure Divine practically stomps Her foot in a mini tantrum.

Jhura has to cover her mouth for a moment to stop herself from laughing at Haern's comment.

Kaiara giggles, the soft sound melodic and audible amid the fleeting silence, and she brings a hand to her mouth to stifle it.

Lin watches on in silence. Occasionally she will scrape her claws against the inside of her wrist; a subconscious gesture of anxiousness.

Siorva's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Sekeres's eyes flit towards Bamathis, her mouth curving faintly at the remarks made. Though her focus remains on the bride and groom, she looks to Rhine a moment as she rests her staff casually against her knee. She dares not laugh at first, until she joins in with Kaiara, the sound a brief, sonorous note of song.

Bamathis to Benedicto:
You feel the presence abate as soon as Aloli's hands touches yours, the hazy aura of tension that surrounds her dissipating, retreating.

Having had enough of standing, Ethne flops down ungracefully onto the bench She is at, going to sit as uncomfortable as before. The motion almost knocks at Kaiara with the swiftness of it, though just barely.

Ander's lips thin, his tail lashing restlessly behind him seemingly without pause.

Serrice tenses almost imperceptibly, his eyes betraying no humor as he watches Chakrasul stomp. The man averts his eyes quickly, and some small comfort filters back into his expression as he watches you and Benedicto.

Aishia falls back into the bench almost in unison with Ethne, as if the will of the Goddess to seat Herself were enough to shatter her own restraint.

Benedicto just thought:
As the Warlords presence eases from his mind and the tension is broken momentarily by the Hunter, he allows himself a moment of respite. He draws a calm and steadiness from the proximity of his betrothed and from the assembled gathering of family and friends.

Kaiara wobbles, her arms flailing a bit before she catches at Church, slanting a sunny smile towards
Ethne, a new, repressed giggle coming as she tries quite visibly to stifle herself.

Another stomp of Chakrasul's foot expresses Her displeasure, but the frown across Her brow smooths out. "Ehm." With an oddly mundane clearing of Her throat, Corruption begins to compose Herself until Kaiara almost goes flying. "Can the Two of You -behave-?!" The tiny Goddess demands of Her other Sibling's, Ethne and Haern. A scowl. Another clearing of Her throat and Chakrasul attempts to continue with a look of pure determination - that's laced with fury.

Church encircles Kaiara with an arm, bracing himself even as he steadies Kaiara in the wake of the ogrish avalanche.

Rebra remains standing with fingers laced, her attention fully upon Chakrasul. A strand of red hair
falls from its tucked place behind her ear as Chakrasul stamps, lightly touching her pale cheek.

(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "Well, never let it be said you had a dull wedding! Don't forget I have alcohol!"

Ethne's lips rise upwards on one side into a visible smirk and She gives a silent shrug of Her shoulders towards Chakrasul.

Church just thought:
Slip, slip, slip.

With Ethne once more seated, Xavin takes it on cue to sink back onto his seat, a deep frown creasing his features at Chakrasul's outburst.

(Tells): You tell Kaiara, "Hehe."

Haern grunts, oblivious to His break in social etiquette. He pulls out a keg He had snuck in unnoticed and takes a quick swig as He continues watching.

Isia follows suit and seats herself between Xavin and Serrice. Her gaze drifts from the couple momentarily, focusing on Lexen until she catches herself and rights her attention.

"I APPLAUD YOU, ATTENDEES." Chakrasul announces with no amount of grace over Haern's insistent lack of manners and drinking. She claps Her hands three times, the gesture itself over-exaggerated to also drown out the Hunter. A Immortal's shoulders rise, and fall, as She inhales deeply only to let the breath go. "Aloli, Benedicto. Before these witnesses, you will be bound by Me. I have no desire to go through all of the fluff about love, given it simply comes down to desire. Which is fitting."

With a muffled crash, a small chunk of rubble falls to the ground nearby.

Rebra just thought:
Oh, Mother! I see such desire here... and not just in the two to be bound.

Lin moves up several rows of pews, still seated alone, but no longer conspicuously so. Leaning forward, she watches the proceedings over the hand curled against her mouth.

Ethne reaches into a pocket of Her weaponbelt and pulls out a chunk of a small cake that was apparently tucked away. She brings it up to Her mouth as quietly as She can, pushing it into Her mouth. Next, She reaches again, but this time pulls a piece out and offers it to Kaiara.

Nola's instinctively glances behind her, briefly at Lin, before turning her attention forward. She leans a little to the side, towards Haven, touching her arm to his.

Lexen remains on his feet, taking a half step back towards the wall once more where the added block doesn't seem to provide him any further comfort. Just as Isia looks away from him, his gaze draws to her, and a frown draws across his features before his chin raises a fraction and his eyes redirect to the couple and Goddess at the front of the Chapel.

Kaiara perks up visibly, accepting the cake from Ethne with a beatific smile at the expression of sugar, her attention flicking from Ethne towards Chakrasul before she quickly nibbles at her prize, trying quite hard, apparently, to be relatively behaved.

Kodaza prolongs standing as long as can be tasteful, before moving forward and taking a seat on the bridal half of the chapel.

Siorva covers her mouth with a slight giggle at the antics but settles down next to Zenobia and Rebra with a gentle smile upon her face. Turning her attention away from all the dazzling designs being worn and now watches the main event up front.

Aishia gives a vicious yellow brown dhurive at her feet a reassuring nudge with her toes, her expression intent now that proceedings are underway. She again links one hand with her husband, the other begins to pop grape after grape into her mouth, chewing messily enough that some of the juices splattering her emerald gown and cleavage.

Ethne gives a satisfied nod to Kaiara and reaches for another piece for Herself, though Her gaze is clearly ahead at the couple.

Church's attention strays bends briefly to pick a stray butterfly wing from between his toes, frowning.

Apparently able to smell the sugar, Rhine half turns to look at the pew behind her. Spotting the cake, the shimmering woman's amber eyes light up and a smile flits across her face as she then looks to Ethne.

Lin just thought:
"I love my people," she thinks, with sincere mirth. "You cannot keep them from eating for long."

Kaiara glances around at those taking their seats, eyeing them with some suspicion before she slinks into a space beside Ethne. She sits a bit towards the edge, as though unsure if this is the correct choice, her gaze caught on you and Benedicto.

Jhura has to stifle another giggle, less successfully this time, at the continued antics as she owers herself back onto the pew. Now seated, the pollen-esque motes drifting from her staff fall atop her head, settling for a moment in her red hair before fading away, and her eyes flick towards Kaiara for a moment with a small grin.

Zenobia just thought:
So much avarice overtaking the fear and despair, what a lovely example of Mother's gifts at work.

Noticing Rhine from the corner of Her eye, Ethne is quick to retrieve a piece for her and flicks Her wrist, the piece appearing within her grasp in a poof of smoke and flame.

Sekeres leans gently against Rhine, a silent acknowledgment of what sugar may be devoured behind her. She lets out a short breath she might have been holding, still holding the essence of a chuckle as her branch-like horns begin to coil in perfect spirals.

Savoring her meal, Kaiara begins to take the smallest amounts of a volcanic flower-infused honey cake into her mouth.

Though Haven keeps vigilant and his sights on the exchange upfront, he reaches out to Nola with a hand sliding over her. No words. Only a simple squeeze of comfort.

Bamathis shifts His gaze, His flat, argent stare finding Haern, then Ethne, lingering for a long moment on the latter.

A harrowing, mournful sigh whips past your ear and as the sound abates, you notice your skin has raised with rails of goosebumps.

Serrice sits, giviing a cracked hematite medallion of the Pride a brief caress before lacing his fingers together in his lap. There is a steady, even-tempered firmness in his expression.

The butterflies clung to Aloli's veil flutter about, causing it to quiver on its own. She, however, takes a calculated step closer to her groom bring her feet away from the hem of her gown, avoiding touching the butterflies there. Her posture is that of a well disciplined monk, strong and tall for her small stature. In response to Chakrasul, she says through a thin smile, "Desire is love." A brief pause as she looks up to Benedicto, "I have had a thousand desires, but all melt away in comparison to the one I will constantly allow to burn, to be by your side." Her answer is for him.

For several long seconds, you feel distinctly out of place - the air is dry and harsh, and your
flesh is heavy. The unsettling feeling fades after a moment or two.

(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "Beautiful, 'Loli."

(Tells): You tell Kaiara, "What is?"

(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "Your words! And you. And him!"

Azarae notices all of the other attendees beginning to take a seat and would shrug to herself before sitting back down.

(Tells): You tell Kaiara, "Oh. Shhh... you're going to make me blush!"

Ethne is midchew when She notices Bamathis looking at Her. She swallows the bite and goes to sit
more upright, hand moving back to rest away from her belt.

Church just thought:
Oh dear, Uncle Strife isn't pleased with Auntie Ember's snack choices! Perhaps salted meats would have been more acceptable?

(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "Blush! It'll be beautiful, too."

The verdant orbs inset Chakrasul's head focus intently on you and Benedicto now. She's either oblivious to Ethne's antics with cake, or indignantly ignoring it. "Make your desire known, speak your vows to one another. Benedicto, My former Monster." She pauses on the title pointedly, clearly taking Her wins wherever She decides, "You may go first." Even as the Goddess of Corruption falls silent, She ensures the silhouette She cuts is visible. Her wings unfurl until shadows are cast over not only Herself, but Benedicto and you in their lazy drape forward.

(Sentaari): Sister Grolet says, "Monks, our bells of Solidarity are ringing. Please come to the
monastery and join us."

Jhura just thought:
That cake looks pretty good. Will there be cake after the ceremony?

(Sentaari): Czcibor says, "Now is not the time, Sister Grolet!"

Liarra arrives from the south.

Noticing the look given to Ethne, Rhine stills and simply holds the cake in her hands as she once more turns her attention to you and Benedicto.

Ander's mouth lifts into a crooked smile for the first time, he sways back and forth, his hands resting in his lap.

Rebra lifts her head to admire Chakrasul's shadowed wings. Her lips fall open slightly in hunger, in admiration. After some moments, her yellow eyes finally trail down towards the couple once again, to fix upon Benedicto.

Kodaza releases the breath she hadn't realized she was holding, folding her hands together in her lap as she dips her head approvingly at your words. With Chakrasul and the couple drawn into shadow, Kodaza's seven eyes briefly glimmer toward her fellows.

Kaiara offers an impish smile at you, mouthing a muted, 'go on!' to you.

Haern looks back to Bamathis in return, the fingers of His one hand fidgeting with His shirt.

Czcibor just thought:
I am glad that Lady Ethne and Lord Haern are here.

Aloli just thought:
Vows...

(Tells): The heat of the forge sears your thoughts as Ethne tells you, "You have this, Abbess. Speak
from your heart."

(Tells): You tell Ethne, "Thank You my Lady...I worry if I say everything from my heart some might blush."

Church just thought:
Always seeking control...

(Tells): The heat of the forge sears your thoughts as Ethne tells you, "Nothing wrong with that, really. Blushing is just warmth to the cheeks."

Aishia ceases her snacking, going silent and expectant. No longer moving her hand between her cache located somewhere near her hip, and her mouth.

Perhaps expecting something unforgettable, Lin tucks her knuckles between her lips, wide-eyed at the marrying couple, and at Chakrasul's wingspan.

(Tells): You tell Ethne, "Oh. You put it so beautifully. My heart is about to explode with love - I
did not expect this at all."

Motes of warm light drift aimlessly around you before evanescing into the aether.

Benedicto turns to glare at Chakrasul upon delivery of the sobriquet, his gaze lingering just as pointedly upon the demure Divine. Not allowing the moment to slip away or be ruined, he dismisses Her from his immediate concerns, refocusing his attention on you. "I am known as a man of duty. A serious man." He begins in a tone which further highlights this fact. "However, upon meeting you, you reminded me that there is more to life than merely living. We have laughed. We have lost. But whatever we have faced, be it happy or sad, we have faced it together." He offers you a tentative smile. "Words of romance are not my strongest suit and so I will merely say this. Come what may, Midnight or Dawn, Life or Death, I pledge myself wholly to you and our love. This I swear on the name of my son, Maelo, and Yunva Slyphe." He nods his head to indicate the conclusion of his vow.

"Abbess, bringer of Truth," Chakrasul's voice catches on the word 'truth', the utterance clearly another personal jab - this time towards you. Still, as graceful as ever, the small Immortal waves Her hand in your direction. "Speak your true vows." Again, the word 'true' this time seems to be a stickler, but the Goddess falls silent.

Lin just thought:
"Good man..."

Aisar beams broadly at Benedicto.

Liarra moves quickly to take a seat next to Kodaza, doing her absolute best not to be disruptive.

Kaiara to Benedicto:
(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "Very lovely! Now, can YOU make her blush? I know it'll look amazing on her, but she's not rising to my bait."

Lexen just thought:
Duty.

Rhine just thought:
"They look lovely. A ceremony would have been nice. Maybe Iesid and I can still have one..." the thoughts fade almost as quickly as they are conjured, her attention now on the couple standing at the front of the chapel.

Kodaza tenses her fingers, holding her formless robe, and shifting to welcome Liarra in place as she leans forward at Chakrasul's words.

Kanivara arrives from the south.

A flash of silver, and Kanivara is no longer there.

Siorva just thought:
Hrm... I kind of want to make a luxurious cake now...

A frown wrinkles Haven's brow as he articulates a "Hrm...."

Rebra turns her gaze to you, yellow eyes gleaming.

Having turned to face Benedicto completely, Aloli's smile is warm and full affection. In this moment, the world falls silent for her. Time has stopped. There is only the sound of his beating heart ringing in her sensitive ears and she lifts her soft voice, "My true vow," she says with mild emphasis to acknowledge the personal jab, "I have never met a man with a heart as pure as yours and I know it is because you have known hardships and pain." She lifts Benedicto's hand, holding it with both of her smaller hands, "You are intelligent, kind, and brave. You've protected and saved me even when I did not ask for it." Her vibrantly blue eyes flicker between his pearlescent-whites, "I used to think we met by chance but now I know there were greater forces working to bring us together. I promise there will never go a day where you will be alone or without for my support." She continues after taking a short breath, "I give you my heart and my love but not for keeping, rather they are an ocean moving between the shores of our souls." A tiny pause."I promise you space and time to grow on our own and still together. I promise you my life and I will give you my Light and my strength when you need it. I make this vow today and will make it everyday."

Lin just thought:
"That's so sweet. Don't cry, don't cry..."

Lexen's muscles along his jaw clench a moment, his hand sliding anxiously over his left forearm before he stills again.

Upturning a hand, Chakrasul's palm is briefly concealed by a small gathering of Her essence that coalesces into a tiny ring box. "You will repeat after Me, Benedicto." She doesn't really leave any room for objection and, after opening the box to pluck a hollow wedding band of obsidian from it, the Goddess turns to give it to Benedicto. "I, Benedicto, make an oath here on this day to live my life as your husband. Your protector. Your anchor. Before Corruption, bound by Her and the spiral, my Might is yours, Aloli." A dark smile finds its way onto Her mouth again and she then makes the subtle gesture of putting the ring on your finger when he is done. As if it weren't obvious.

A faint blush suffuses Benedicto's cheeks and it seems he has forgotten his surroundings, so intently does he watch and listen to you as you speak.

Kaiara sighs a soft, happy note at your words, seeming pleased, though her attention slowly drifts to one side periodically, slanting her dark gaze towards Ethne. Every so often, black-green curls bobble a little as she sneaks quick glances, as though trying to catch something she sees peripherally.

(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "See! He blushed!"

(Tells): You tell Kaiara, "It takes my breath away."

Lin is the very picture of pleasant composure, though she does nonchalantly whisk away a little moisture from the corner of her eye.

Aishia suddenly begins bawling, messy tears leaking from her eyes as she stuffs her face into Valingar's arm, smearing her tears off against his sleeves as she stifles gentle sobs, smiling even here and now, undaunted by Corruption's interjection.

A soft breeze stirs some of the butterfly wings from the ground and the soft, fuzzy membrane floats aimlessly towards the ground again.

Ethne smiles a little more warmly as She hears the final of the exchange, though it sours some as Chakrasul starts to speak immediately after. She does Her best, however, to watch the pair intently and respectfully.

Motes of warm light drift aimlessly around you before evanescing into the aether.

Church shifts slightly in his seat as the arm he holds around Kaiara moves to instead hold her hand, fingers twining with her.

Rebra just thought:
Before Corruption, bound by Her and the spiral...

Jhura rests her cheek against her staff as she watches and listens to the couple, letting happy tears wet her cheeks with no effort to hide or wipe them away at the words they speak.

Isia sets her jaw firmly at the end of Chakrasul's speech, the woman biting at her glitter-laden bottom lip as she watches Benedicto and you.

Sekeres's eyes mist faintly, her grip on her staff adjusts as she weathers without shedding a tear. Even as pure white petals slip across her shoulders, her gaze is focused on you and Benedicto. She glances briefly back to her friends and companions, joy filling her visage, undaunted.

Siorva smiles softly, dabbing at her tears as she watches and listens to the exchange. Her gaze growing more tender as she fiddles with one of her rings.

Serrice watches on in solemn, stony-faced silence, sparing but an approving nod at the twin oaths and afterwards, drawing in a quiet breath of hesitant anticipation.

Aloli just thought:
"This spiral is not something to fear, my love, speak it freely. You know how to navigate it. You're not alone."

Benedicto's moment of bliss passes at Chakrasul's demand and he slowly turns to accept a hollow wedding band of obsidian, his brow creasing with distaste at the words. With ring in hand, he turns back towards his betrothed, raising your left hand so that he might slip the wedding band over the initial joint of your finger. "They are just words. We are bound by nobody but ourselves." He states softly to you before speaking in a louder voice so that all may hear. "I, Benedicto, make an oath here, on this day, to live my life as your husband. Your protector. Your anchor. Before Corruption--" His pride gets the better of him, forcing him into a strained silence. His jaw works furiously upon the next words, masticating them within the emptiness of his mouth like a piece of unwanted gristle.

The gems on Rhine's skin flicker erratically, though dimmed as they are at the moment it could likely go unnoticed. She keeps her attention forward, forcing a smile on her lips as she watches and listens.

Rebra just thought:
Say it.

An antenna twitches on Kodaza's head.

Chakrasul watches Benedicto with a bland expression as She drily points out, "An oath is not just
words. Finish it."

Bamathis's features turn downwards at the oppressive noises beginning to fill the chapel. He looks to Aishia, and a flash of silver places a silver-trimmed handkerchief suddenly in her grasp.

Serrice just thought:
All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well...

Serrice just thought:
... I hope so, anyways.

Nola intentfully listens to the exchange, respectful in her silence. Here, there, and again, she picks up on the movement of tears being wiped dry, and she makes an unreadable face, but it could be something akin to surprise. She, herself, shows little sign of such emotion.

Benedicto draws a steadying breath, almost as if he will force the words out by sheer physical exertion. Still, they do not come.

Ander's tail stills, his attention focused intently on you and Benedicto, though a frown settles upon his features.

Liarra grins then, a wide, devilish expression. She watches Benedicto quite intently, seeming almost amused.

Aloli recognizes the struggle in Benedicto and she remembers. Worried, she whispers audibly to reassure him, "My love, this spiral is nothing to fear. You know how to navigate it as you have done before and I'm right here with you."

Stine to Benedicto:
(Tells): Stine whispers into your consciousness, "The Templar stand beside you, now and in the future. You are a Paragon of the Light, Benedicto Silverain - you have overcome Corruption before and will do so again."

Kaiara to Benedicto:
(Tells): Kaiara's thoughts fill your head, "You can do it! You can swear it before all. Corruption, the Hunter. The Eternal Flame. The presence matters not."

Moxie steeples her hands in her lap, attempting to relax the discomfort growing in them before they loosely intertwine once more. The vows float around, and she catches a few phrases that cause her to smile, but her expression is stoic and partially fearful.

Lin whispers something under her breath, averting her eyes as Benedicto falters.

Nola's expression twists into a restrained grimace of disapproval.

Church just thought:
"Your Might? Your Maybe? Pervasive possible perchances percolated percussively pertwixt permeate phenomena...?" His thoughts careen out of control at the consideration of future uncertainties, eventually buoyed into silence by hope for the couple's eternal happiness.

Church hums quietly to himself, a slow march, head canting slightly to one side as he holds himself
tense in his seat.

Bamathis to Benedicto:
That all-encompassing pressure begins to make itself known once more, warningly now.

Kodaza inhales and exhales softly, looking quite comfortable in her seat, toes flexing within her sandals.

Isia fidgets with the flowing sleeves of a body-hugging dress of lush crimson velvet, her gaze dropping at this point as she is very clearly uncomfortable.

It is now noon on Gosday, the 17th of Lleian, year 485 of the Midnight Age.

Rebra's stare fixes upon Benedicto. Her expression is curious as the silence stretches.

Benedicto just thought:
Memories. Flashes of jade. A monster made and unleashed upon friends. Family. Innocents. Panic rises like gorge within his mind. "I will not return to that." Almost like a mantra it's repeated, warding away those memories of the past. Memories of Chakrasul's former hold upon him. Her 'Monster'

Apparently, Chakrasul has an eternity to stand patiently up on that dais. Her head cants towardsBenedicto, Her smile reforming as She watches the conflict. "The debt is not paid until you are bound and this wedding complete, Pentarch." She reminds on a sickeningly sweet tone.

Jade essence begins to splinter over the walls of the chapel. A sign of Corruption's inner agitation.

Nola just thought:
This is gross to watch. Benedicto..

Tenshyo just thought:
"So... is this what the plan was all along?"

Benedicto just thought:
"Aloli!" The word 'debt' reminds him, breaks him free of his tortured thoughts. His desire to protect. His duty. It overrides whatever insecurity he harbors, as it has done countless times before on the battlefield or elsewhere.

Tenshyo takes a deep breath before exhaling, shifting his weight where he stands. Arms still remaining crossed over his chest.

Ethne to Benedicto:
Warmth envelopes you as a voice speaks in the back of your mind, "You can get through this, Benedicto. You are stronger than Her or Her spiral."

Aloli tightens her hand on Benedicto's and tries to help calm the whirlwind she can feel stirring suddenly within him. "Benedicto!" she calls out urgently to help recenter him.

"Bound by Her and the spiral." Benedicto grates out, the words coming heavily and not without
effort. The next sentence flows more easily. "My Might is yours Aloli." He finishes finally.

Serrice lays a hand on Isia's forearm, and he gives it a gentle, assuring squeezing before returning his hand back to his lap. His eyes never leave Benedicto and you.

Ethne's eyes lock on Benedicto and She gives a single, firm nod of Her head.

Lin deflates with relief, letting out a breath she didn't realize she had been holding.

Hawa arrives from the south.

A pinprick of wavering air warps outwards as a singularity blooms through a momentary, whispering miasma.

Rebra breaks into a smile, the feathers at her temples shifting.

Hawa blinks.

A flash of silver, and Hawa is no longer there.

Twisting inward with a sibilant whisper, a singularity seems to consume itself entirely out of being, disappearing.

Sekeres's lips part faintly.

Zenobia just thought:
Well done.

Nola's grimace softens, but not by much as it becomes a discontent frown, her lips pressed in a firm line.

Aisar's gaze flickers with amusement.

A ring of jade flames erupt around Lin and begins to shrink rapidly around her. Unholy tongues of emerald fire leap upwards into the heavens above as they reach Lin, setting her alight. Screams of agony, like a benediction to suffering itself, fill the air as she fades amidst the acrid smoke and smell of charred flesh.

Aishia lifts her rear from the seat from a moment to shift about uncomfortably, mopping up her chest with a silver-trimmed handkerchief absently while she smears the last of her tears away with Valingar's arm.

As if nothing stalled the preceding, Chakrasul now plucks a robust wedding band of tarnished obsidian from the same ring box and She hands it to you. "Repeat after Me, Abbess." She instructs in the same no-nonsense, no-argument tone. "I, Aloli, make an oath here on this day to live my life as your wife. Your compassion. Your warmth. Before Corruption, bound by Her and the spiral, my Might is yours, Benedicto." That dark smile only widens as the pledging takes place and She looks so pleased with Herself, as if She has captured the two before Her like the butterflies on Her gown.

Haven shifts uneasily and starts to lean forward as he watches the exchange unfold.

Tenshyo just thought:
"How carefully worded. Near as if She was all-but forcibly, verbally, sign a contract."

(Tells): Her voice laden with crackling fire, Sekeres whispers warmly to you, "You are doing so well, and, you look beautiful."

Serrice just thought:
All shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well. They shall. Have faith, Serrice.

Liarra seems to draw back in her seat, her brow creasing lightly at the situation. She otherwise sits very politely, legs folded before herself.

Xavin fidgets awkwardly as he looks on, gaze dropping to the floor for a moment before he looks back upon you and Benedicto.

The vague image of an entwined eternal chase pendant appears in the air, before Iesid appears in a
flash of magic.

Aisar smiles at Iesid.

Iesid just thought:
"I must arrive exactly when I am needed and no time sooner."

Haven just thought:
You wonder about Chakrasul's eyes. Her ears. Her nose. You think, "She said she had agents in Duiran already."

Haven ponders Xavin's profile, deep in consideration.

Jhura flashes a smile at Iesid, dipping her head with a murmured "Seer."

Haven sits straighter and wrinkles his nose at Xavin.

Rebra's bright gaze fixes upon you, her eyes trailing again to the duskywing butterflies upon you form. Her eyes are curious, hungry with it.

Rhine slides over on the pew closer to Sekeres, making enough room for Iesid to sit next to her.

Kaiara casts a sunny smile at Iesid, waving her fingertips at him in a welcome, though she remains beside Ethne, Jhura, and Church, seeming content with the proceedings.

Church just thought:
Late late late late LATE.

With a wry smile, Church's attention briefly slides towards Iesid at the sound of his sudden arrival
amidst the pews before returning to the betrothed.

Aloli gingerly accepts a robust wedding band of tarnished obsidian from Chakrasul with slender digits, careful not to touch the Goddess for one reason or another and seems cautious of the ring. She moves slowly and deliberately, trying to not disturb the butterflies stuck on her veil, breathing shallowly to avoid the stench of it as much as she can. While there is no resistance from her as she listens to Chakrasul's instructions she notices the pleased smile upon Her face. A disturbing sight, to her. She exhales a small breath, at length, then turns to Benedicto, and whispers something of a prayer to her God. Her gaze briefly flickers to Bamathis and the silent question is posed in her gaze: Are these rings safe? She remembers something the Warlord said to her that seems to flash across her face as renewed determination, "I, Aloli, make an oath here on this day to live my life as your wife." She says solemnly as she holds the ring out to Benedicto, preparing to slip it onto his finger, "Your compassion. Your warmth. Before Corruption, bound by Her." She pauses briefly, "And the spiral. My Might is yours, Benedicto."

Iesid offers only a silent wave toward those acknowledging his quiet arrival and, as he listens to your oath, settles down beside Rhine.

Sekeres scoots over following suit for the comfort of Rhine and Iesid, otherwise her attention is drawn to the scene before all in the chapel.

As Benedicto pushes the wedding ring to the bottom of his finger, there is a momentary lapse in his emotions as an expression of dread filters across his face.
Benedicto puts on a robust wedding band of tarnished obsidian.

Kaiara just thought:
Does obsidian tarnish..?

[HINT]: WEAR it.

Stine just thought:
"There it is."

As you slip the wedding band onto your finger, a sense of dread settles across your shoulders, as if there is a third party to the unity this ring symbolises.
You are now wearing a hollow wedding band of obsidian.

Xavin just thought:
"Just what are those rings going to do to them? ....urgh."

Aloli looks up to Benedicto after the rings are worn and a serious frown comes over her, a feeling of dread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benedicto Silverain
<<< Paragon of the Light >>>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
General:
He is 286 years old.
He was born on the 9th of Midsummer, year 199 of the Midnight Age.
He is ranked 8th overall in Aetolia.
He is ranked 34th in experience.
He is a member of the ruling council of Enorian, with the title of Herald.
He is the Guildmaster, known as Pentarch.
He is an Aetolian Ranger in the Fellowship of Explorers.
He is a Notorious Keeper in the Sect of Blades.
He is the Champion of the Divine Order of Slyphe, the Maelstrom.
He is a representative of the Divine Order of Slyphe, the Maelstrom.
He is a member of the clan called 'The Side Line'.
He is a member of the clan called 'The Gallant Vein'.
He is a member of the clan called 'The Silverain Dominion'.
He is a member of the clan called 'Teharioab fio Bidrae'.
He is a member of the clan called 'Leaders of the Beacon'.
He is a member of the clan called 'The Abbey'.
He is the clan head of the clan called 'Order of the Quill'.
He is a member of the clan called 'The Order of the Shield'.
He is a Knight-Captain in the army of Enorian.
He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
He has written a personal background.
He is considered to be approximately 90% of your might.
He has been preparing for the Rites of Unity with Aloli for 122 weeks.
He is a member of the Resistance against Drakkenmont.

Fame:
He saved Celesmas by delivering the gift of embarrassment upon Flintbeard.
He has been named as a Paragon of the Light.
He aided in sending the nightmares of Raim to their final rest.
His trick o' treat tarantula trio trounced Terry in triple time.
His trick wasn't much of a treat for Terry the tarantula.
He has lifted the curse upon the Valley of Scidve.
He recovered the Black Rose to safeguard the Undercity of Djeir.
He aided in bringing a final end to Jy'Barrak Golgotha, Emperor of Chaos.
He faced the Chaos challengers in defense of Sapience.
He fought valiantly in the Chaos War.
He conquered the nightmares of Beneath with unmatched haste.
Type more to continue reading. (42% shown)

Kaiara just thought:
Oh, that makes perfect sense!

Tenshyo's arms slide apart, right hand brushing across a pair of blackened steel manacles a few times as both arms come to rest at his sides.

Lexen's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
Lexen uses Telepathy Link on you.
Lexen begins directing his mental support at you.

Nola's hand, enveloped by Haven's, squeezes firm as her whole body tenses.

You're momentarily startled by the sound of Chakrasul's hands as they clap together, the ring box seemingly disappearing into nothing. "As Corruption, I hereby bind you both together, and to the spiral." She waves Her hand in a fluid sweep between you and Benedicto "Seal it however you'd like."She clearly doesn't understand the finer points of a wedding ceremony, but She does watch on with something of a manic expression and wide eyes.

Haven tenses. Bracing himself for what may come.

Rebra's lips break into a smile again as she looks between you and Benedicto, examining the obsidian bands thus placed.

Czcibor just thought:
She may think She has them, but they are made of stronger stuff than that. I know it.

Aishia seems to steel herself now, all the softly sobbing joy and pleasure refining to a point, her feet shifting to find purchase on the ground, hands gripping the edge of the bench.

A flash of silver, and Lexen is no longer there.

Bamathis flickers out of sight for a moment.
Lexen has been slain by Bamathis.
Lexen has been slain by the might of Bamathis.
You divine the location of this death as North of Trees in the Prelatorian Highway.

Kaiara glances from Benedicto's expression to yours, seeming to gauge their visible dread before she perks up anyways, determined to bring levity to the situation. She calls out merrily, "Kissing! Pick kissing!"

Benedicto appears hesitant and concerned by Chakrasul's sudden air of expectation. He glances towards you, an unspoken question in his eyes.

"Yes, kissing." Ethne says along with Kaiara, giving as best a feigned smile as She can manage.

Siorva smiles even more and eyes sparkle when spying the two rings, a thoughtful expression upon her face.

Sekeres's lips twist widely in a smile, watching with anticipation as Kaiara and Ethne echo each other.

"Well?!" Rhine asks a bit teasingly, a grin forming on her lips.

Kaiara laughs aloud at this, the sound ringing.

"What my wife meant to say was: 'now kiss'!" Iesid cheers out from beside Rhine, his rowdiness just barely remaining contained.

He is an athletic Yeleni duamvi of Kelki heritage and is clearly a creature born of the Maelstrom.
His face is smooth and hairless with water-like veins barely visible beneath pale, blue skin. His
broad features are characterized by sharp cheekbones, a square chin and piercing pearl-white eyes.
His left eye is split by a neat scar that runs from his brow to the hollow of his cheek. Thick
tentacles of an off-white color form his 'hair' and are left free to dangle and rest upon his broad
shoulders, the coils undulating lazily. His body is covered in midnight-blue scales that shift to an
electric blue under direct light, silvery lines cut through the plating, tracing out a massive
network of scars across his entire body. Most prominent of these is a large sunburst scar that
dominates the center of his chest, stretching from shoulder to shoulder, throat to sternum.
Translucent skin can be glimpsed between his fingers should he have cause to splay his hands. His
body is well-muscled and toned, his movements smooth and fluid. A silver cufflink can be seen pinned
to each wrist, depicting a snarling, charging boar. The smell of a sea breeze clings to him
revealing the boon of the Maelstrom. Sparks of ember fall in his wake, revealing the boon of Ethne.

(affixed to his armpiece) : a Slyphian astrolabe
(worn about his left wrist) : a glass unity charm
(strapped across his back) : a peace-tied, shackled sheath
(pinned proudly upon his lapel) : a gold and coral brooch of the Silverain
(secured upon his right forearm) : an engraved metallic arm piece
(worn proudly atop his uniform) : a trident pierced heart pendant
(fastened to the shoulders of his uniform) : shoulder cords of the Pentarch
(form fitting) : a midnight-black uniform with silver trim
(polished to a high shine) : midnight-hued dress shoes
(securing the cuffs of his uniform) : silver cufflinks depicting a snarling boar
(worn upon his wedding ring finger) : a robust wedding band of tarnished obsidian

Ander raises his hand to touch his forehead, a wry smile touching his lips.

A brief moment of complete silence drowns the area in an eerie melancholy.

Zenobia watch with a soft gleam to her gaze, slowly nodding her head once the oaths and binding is complete.

Jhura lets her laugh burst free this time, joining in Kaiara's attempt to lift the seriousness and dread from the situation. Waving her staff a little she sends the emerald motes drifting from its flowers out in a lazy cloud around her.

"Kiss her already!" Xavin calls out as he leans forward in his seat, his tense demeanor breaking even if momentarily.

Haern leans against the back wall, stretching His arms high up as He looks around the chapel.

Iesid just thought:
"Or maybe they'll melt into a pile of goo if they do that?"

The deep blush Aloli is brought to happens rather quickly, she glows much warmer and brighter while looking between her enthusiastic friends and Benedicto. In the span of a second, the briefest glimpse goes to Bamathis, it's as if she's using Him to guage if there's any impending danger, when she finds nothing alarming she decides on her answer to her husband's unspoken question and her blush begins to lessen. She takes a step closer to Benedicto and reaches up to grab the lapels of his uniform as she leans in alluringly, pressing against him. "You're going to have to wrestle with this infernal veil first," she whispers softly.

** Illusion **
A spectral hand materializes behind Benedicto, gently nudging him onward.
** Illusion **

Zenobia just thought:
Oh Lords n Ladies its true hahahahaah.

Kaiara's gaze lights up, warm and enthused as she brings her fingertips to her mouth, both stifling herself and hiding the excitement of her expression - barely.

A burst of fireflies swirl from Sekeres's staff as she laughs, illuminating the chapel as she joins in the merriment. The swirling light from the bugs float gently about as she cheers with her friends even as the rowdiness dies down.

Iesid just thought:
"Oi!"

Your sudden proximity produces an involuntary look of disgust on Benedicto's face. "How have you worn that for so long?" He complains, reaching up to tug the veil away - apparently uncaring of the live duskywing butterflies that are helplessly stuck to the netting.

Church just thought:
A beautiful day, if a bit garish.

The veil pulls away easily at Benedicto's command, tugging a few strands of hair out of place with it and Aloli breathes much easier being freed of it. "With great discipline," she answers and reaches up to fix her hair allowing her waterfall braid to flow freely as she gently shakes her head, revealing the blue tips of her silvery-white hair and the sparks that flicker along it.

Kaiara nudges Church suggestively.

Free of the cloying scent of the chakra blossoms, Benedicto leans in to plant a firm, but chaste kiss upon your lips.

(Tells): In a deep, gravelly voice, Lexen imparts to you, "... you have my support regardless of His displeasure."

Bamathis looks back over His shoulder, coldly acknowledging the gathered once more. "Stand. Applaud." He orders. His hands clench at His sides now, expectant - ready.

Rebra's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Rebra just thought:
They are beautiful, bound in Corruption... I. Want. That...

Talonnb claps his hands together merrily.

Aishia was already clapping when the kiss landed, standing with great excitement.

Tenshyo carefully polishes a pair of blackened steel manacles, drawing a warm, pale light from the metal.

Tenshyo drags his fingers through the light upon a pair of glowing, blackened steel manacles, gathering some upon his fingertips. With an uttered word, he flings his hand skyward, releasing the light in a bright flare that reaches towards the heavens. A bright beam of pale, pure light flares towards the sky, brightening the area for a few moments.

Kaiara springs up, almost as though she could no longer be contained to her seat. "Congratulations!" she exults, visibly thrilled.

Jhura surges to her feet, letting out a cheer and a round of applause.

Kodaza lifts from her seat with the assistance of her wings, settling back on her feet as she begins to applaud.

Rebra puts her hands together, clapping with genuine joy for the couple. She laughs softly.

Serrice obliging rises and applauds, at a pace and rate above merely polite but below exuberant.

Aisar claps merrily then whistles.

Jumping to her feet, Rhine claps her hand together loudly. "Congratulations!" she calls out to you
and Benedicto, the light from her gems shimmering brightly.

Zenobia brings her hands together, filling the air with applause.

Before the order ever fully leaves the Warlord's lips, Church's hands are meeting one another in a staccato rhythm.

Czcibor gets up from the pew and claps his hands enthusiastically, as if some weight was lifted.

Siorva claps her hands together merrily.

Moxie rises to her feet, applauding out of support for the couple.

Liarra stands quietly, slowly, and claps with her fingertips of her right hand against the palm of her left hand.

Isia finds her feet, clapping her hands together and even managing something of a smile.

Xavin climbs to his feet, clapping enthusiastically for the now-wedded pair.

Sekeres jumps up to her feet, and applauds wildly. "Congratulations Aloli and Benedicto!" She exclaims with a burst of joyful noise.

Valingar stands as well, clapping his hands together, looking relieved to be on his feet.

Ander rises, clapping his hands together as he smiles.

Ethne grunts and pushes up from Her seat, but walks away from Kaiara and finds Her way to Haern, going to lean against the wall next to Him. Once settled, Her arms go to cross against Her chest, but She does manage to let out, "Congrats to you both, Abbess and Pentarch."

Lexen suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

Haven simply watches. Waiting. Expecting something sinister to happen.

Azarae brings herself to stand on her feet upon hearing the order, clapping her hands together for
the newly wedded pair.

Lexen furrows his brow in consternation.

Risen, Nola offers a firm few claps of her hands in quick succession.

Aloli smiles gratefully to everyone then looks up to Benedicto, full of love and happiness and the silent question written so plainly on her expressive face: 'We did it?'

(Tells): You tell Lexen, "Everything between us aside, it's still great that you made it."

Iesid stands up from the pew and puts his hands together in a vigorous clapping motion. The Seer whistles and cheers loudly for the couple, a wide smile on his features.

(Tells): Wafting, as if on the air, Zenobia's velvety voice reaches your ear: "Lovas."

A soft breeze stirs some of the butterfly wings from the ground and the soft, fuzzy membrane floats aimlessly towards the ground again.

After all of the clapping, Chakrasul sweeps Her hands out to gesture to the exit, "There is a Tavern on the Isle and it is full of alcohol, food, things mortals enjoy. Feel free to celebrate the binding of My two newlyweds." She uses the possessive word on purpose and it's apparent in that now familiar, manic smile that graces Her mouth. The Goddess unravels into thousands of duskywings that obscure your vision of the entire chapel for a moment until they all eventually flit out.

Jhura reaches up and plucks a simple woven crown of forget-me-nots from her head, taking a half step forward to offer it to you.

Jhura removes a simple woven crown of forget-me-nots.

Jhura gives a simple woven crown of forget-me-nots to you.

Ethne, the Rekindled says to Haern, "Going to go drink, Brother Hunter?"

Church to Benedicto:
(Tells): An abrupt memory strikes you - the notion of Church telling you, "In my homeland, you must now sing to her the song of your lineage and carry forth an additional verse that includes the name you intend for the child of your nuptials."

Kaiara bounces a little in place, clearly overwhelmed with the idea of staying put. She scrambles forward a little bit, stopping where the pews start. Here, she appears to be waiting for the couple, watching you brightly.

Kodaza nods, clearing her throat. "The tavern is just to the south of the Throne, guests. Drink well and drink deep."

Turning to look towards the back of the chapel, Rhine Aquila Taziyah Mulariad smiles and says to Haern, "See. Alcohol. Not all bad."

"Congratulations," Tenshyo says to you and Benedicto, offering a wave.

Aisar giggles happily.

The light that shines within a pair of glowing, blackened steel manacles slowly fades away, like metal cooling from the forge.

Aloli is very careful not to move and leans into Benedicto to whisper something.

You turn to see Tenshyo shimmer away.

Haern carefully steps through the crowd, towards you and Benedicto. "Well done, both of you." He begins, His hand lifts forward, handing a teacup-shaped flowerpot to you. "A gift, for the two of you."

Haern gives a teacup-shaped clay flowerpot to you.

Kaiara emits a small gasp of elation.

(Tells): Liarra whispers into your consciousness, "Congratulations."

"Oooo!" Siorva enthuses.

Sekeres beams broadly.

Jhura Neiretrey says, "Aww, that's lovely."

Haven rises from his seat and looks about the chapel. "Hmm..."

a teacup-shaped flowerpot
The surface of this teacup has been left to its natural color, save for an elaborate forest
landscape carved and painted onto the outside of the cup. It is crafted in a single piece along with
an equally clay-colored saucer, from which painted roots reach to the outer edge of the saucer.
Underneath, an abstraction of a bear, a serpent and a raven surround an engraved letter 'H'. The
teacup is filled nearly to the brim with coarse dirt and pebbles, patches of moss covering it
partly.
[HINT]: This flowerpot will reset to whomever picked it up last, between Aloli and Benedicto, when a
flower dies. If left on the ground, it will reset there and be too heavy for others.
A teacup-shaped clay flowerpot is holding:
Nothing.

Liarra smirks at Haven.

Isia just thought:
Are we doing gifts now?

"Oh right. Gift for both of you.." Ethne says as She pushes off the wall and makes Her way through the crowd. Once She reaches the pair, She hands off a pair of cakes. There is no telling where they came from.

Ethne gives a volcanic flower-infused honey cake to you.

Ethne gives a volcanic flower-infused honey cake to Benedicto.

[HINT]: It holds a flower for a fairly long time, but removing said flower will kill it. PROBE for details.

Kodaza nods her head, bounding up to where Tenshyo vacated. "Yes, yes, congratulations!" she tells you, with a moment of uncharacteristic enthusiasm, clapping her hands again at the presentation of the Hunter's gift.

Serrice nudges Isia gently on the side.

Dark, alluring whispers lift away from a creeping tendril of jade essence that snakes into the vicinity.

Church just thought:
Tea? Tea. Where is...

Church pats questingly at his coat but, finding no pockets, seems dismayed. Casting a gaze towards Kaiara, he gives a slight frown.

Moxie smiles at Haven.

Serrice, the Black Fox murmurs to Isia, "You had something for them, right?"

Dragon Conquerer, Talonnb Silverain says to Benedicto, "Congrats brother!"

Gesturing towards the recently married couple, Haven Locke says, "Congratulations."

Rebra stands and approaches you and Benedicto. "Congratulations, truly." Her face is bright with joy. "May you dance upon the spiral, together."

Aloli gasps as she accepts a teacup-shaped clay flowerpot from Haern and holds it carefully between her hands. The crown of forget-me-nots from Jhura slips over her forearm as she raises the new gift to show Benedicto and thanks Haern, "This is beautiful, my Lord...thank You, kindly."

Aisar gives a homing pigeon to you.

Isia leans down by her feet to pick up a white, black-ribboned gift box, approaching the couple and
offering it, "Congratulations on your union," she says softly.

Be
Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
Benedicto

Comments

• AloliAloli Between Books
    Looks like the first post reached its limit! The rest is below.

Isia leans down by her feet to pick up a white, black-ribboned gift box, approaching the couple and offering it, "Congratulations on your union," she says softly.

Benedicto nods his head mutely towards you. Easily, he sweeps you off you feet, settling you into his arms. As he turns to face the remaining gathering he offers thanks. "Your presence here is appreciated my friends. You were a source of strength to us both throughout."

Isia gives a white, black-ribboned gift box to you.

Aisar's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Kodaza nods her head at Benedicto.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Haven as he glances at Benedicto.

(Tells): Wafting pleasantly like the sea breeze, Isia's voice reaches you, "That's from Xavin and I."

Aishia edges her way up to Benedicto and you, glancing around herself slightly. "Erm, my Gift is not finished yet! I'm sure you'll get it in time for your honeymoon..." She murmurs, sheepishly, scratching her neck with her gloved hands, clawed fingertips straining the delicate fabric.

Sekeres blinks slowly, then appears a little put out for a moment. Then her smile returns, brushing back dreadlock-entwined ribbons from her face.

Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl says to you, "Something useful that will help you focus on what really matters in life."

Rebra gives you a cluster of chakra blossoms with a dip of her head.

Rebra gives Benedicto a cluster of chakra blossoms with a dip of her head.

Aisar smiles at the homing pigeon.

Ander rolls his shoulders, slowly stretching with a low sigh, "Congratulations." he offers with a smile to you before giving a small nod to Benedicto.

(Tells): Her voice laden with crackling fire, Sekeres whispers warmly to you, "A gift shall come later, when you are not overwhelmed by all before you. I am proud of you, Iron-Flower."

(Tells): Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl tells you, "Your husband has one too."

Aloli settles comfortably in Benedicto's arms and relaxes, wiggling her toes, happy to be off her feet and to not have to suffer the butterflies any longer. She accepts the gifts with unending gratitude, though she seems slightly overwhelmed by all the attention as she piles everything on her lap, "Thank you, everyone, these presents are beautiful and very generous. We will repay you for your kindness."

Haern suddenly frowns, "I forgot a gift for the groom..." He rummages around, eventually pulling a striped raccoon from Varian knows where. As the Hunter holds the creature towards Benedicto to accept, it remains surprisingly docile within His grasp.

Kaiara blinks.

Kaiara asks, "A raccoon..?"

Jhura plucks a pair of kitbags from their place amidst her overgrowth, offering them to the couple. "They're not much, but I hope you both enjoy them," she tells them, before reaching up and unweaving the flowers from her hair before adding them atop the gifts.

Sekeres's breath catches in a gasp of surprise.

Jhura removes a twilight blue rose.

Jhura removes a thorny evening wisp.

Brother Ander Gallant says, ".. The perfect gift for the occasion."

Rhine bites down on her lips, attempting to suppress a laugh.

Jhura gives a durable kitbag of fiery hues to Benedicto.

Jhura gives a durable kitbag of fiery hues to you.

(Tells): You tell Isia, "Thank you."

Jhura gives a twilight blue rose to you.

Accepting the bottles from Kaiara, Church joins the procession of gift-givers before offering one each of the four to the married couple and their 'generous' hosts.

Jhura gives a thorny evening wisp to you.

(Tells): You tell Xavin, "Thank you for the gift."

Czcibor frowns, musing, "I didn't bring a gift. Only the elements, in case they were needed."

Ethne stays perfectly still and sideglances at Haern, then at the raccoon, before back at Him.

Church gives a 'Mulariad's Mark'-branded glass bottle to you.

Ethne, the Rekindled says, "This does not bode well to Me."

Church gives a 'Mulariad's Mark'-branded glass bottle to Benedicto.

Commenting aside, Huntress Sekeres Dark-Wing says to Kaiara, "It looks rather feisty..."

Church gives a 'Mulariad's Mark'-branded glass bottle to Bamathis.

Kaiara frowns and says to Sekeres, "I'm jealous."

(Tells): Through the ether, Xavin utters to you, "You are quite welcome. I hope that you and he get some use out of it. Isia and I worked on it together."

Jhura Neiretrey says to Kaiara, "I'm with you there."

(Tells): Brother Ander Gallant tells you, "I am relieved I was able to make it."

Bamathis watches the gifts Haern provides with a very dubious expression, one eyebrow arching high up His forehead.

Benedicto directs a silent look towards Bamathis, nodding in respect towards Him. He is then distracted by the sudden appearance of the raccoon that is thrust upon him, nearly dropping you in the process. "Thank You, Lord Hunter." He gratefully acknowledges the gift.

Desperate cries of anguish and blood-curdling screams of despair momentarily torment you as the grim cacophony announces the blessing of Chakrasul empowering the faithful Congregation of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption.

As the raccoon leaves Haern's grasp into Benedicto's, its docile attitude fades immediately back into a feral, panicked creature. It bites Benedicto's hand, the surprise of the attack causing him to drop the animal which quickly scurries away to hide. Haern pauses with a pensive expression, standing silent for a few moments before He speaks: "Well, it's the thought that counts, right?"

Jhura gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Aisar giggles happily.

Kaiara giggles, her attention chasing after the raccoon.

Jhura Neiretrey says to Kaiara, "Okay, not so jealous anymore."

Kaiara frowns and says to Jhura, "Still jealous."

Ethne brings Her hand up to Her face, running it down the length of Her nose and down Her mouth before letting it fall back to Her side. Flatly, She says, "Brother Hunter, You are odd. Just odd."

Dryly, Brother Ander Gallant says, "New battle scars. A very thoughtful gift."

Reassuringly, Huntress Sekeres Dark-Wing says to Haern, "A gift and reminder of Defiance, Brother Hunter."

Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl says to Benedicto, "The raccoon will be wonderful in the Vigil."

Jhura Neiretrey says to Kaiara, "Not about the bite. Would love to have the little guy, though."

Isia brings a hand to cover a grin that will not be contained as she laughs at the spectacle.

Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl says, "It will be great to teach Pages patience and perseverence."

Unable to contain it, Rhine bursts into a fit of laughter.

Aloli gasps as she was nearly dropped, she quickly reaches around Benedicto's neck out of fear of falling, "Don't drop me!" she urges her husband almost sounding like an order and tries to sound nice about it as she tries to avoid the racoon's attack.

Kodaza's wings rustle, on her back, as she moves to busy herself tending to the chapel.

Aishia smirks softly, chittering softly at the raccoon a little, but seeming quickly distracted by something else.

Sekeres bites her lips as a string of goofy laughter, melodic and hitching - it may or may not have ended with a short snort.

"Dhar's Balls!" Benedicto exclaims, helpless to prevent either the attack or the escape without dropping his new wife. He glowers after the rodent as it scampers away before he joins in the laughter, albeit with a hint of bitterness. "Yes. It is appreciated." He echoes.

"Someone better make sure that poor thing gets off the isle safe," Xavin murmurs, though he isn't able to suppress a snicker.

Carihe Ihiem Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress says, "I nominate the Prideleader."

Kaiara pats herself down in a mild panic, before glancing towards you apologetically. "I'll give you a present later. You look busy now anyways. It'll be great," she promises.

The low, sultry tones of Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption reverberate across the land, "With the
    debt paid and two pledges against the spiral made this day; celebrate!"

Desperate cries of anguish and blood-curdling screams of despair momentarily torment you as the grim cacophony announces the blessing of Chakrasul empowering the Duiran Council.

Desperate cries of anguish and blood-curdling screams of despair momentarily torment you as the grim cacophony announces the blessing of Chakrasul empowering the City of Enorian.

Rebra looks about. "There is a Tavern on the Isle, you know," she murmurs, "If anyone would like to go for a drink? Celebrate?"

(Duiran): You say, "Thank You, Lady Chakrasul."

Aishia rolls her eyes a little, twirling a finger in a wild curl.

Glancing over Her shoulder, Ethne, the Rekindled says, "Right. I'm just..not going to go eat here."

(Duiran): Lin says, "You... honor us."

Ethne, the Rekindled says, "Any of you lot need to head back to Enorian?"

(Duiran): Sekeres says, "Thank You, Lady."

Rhine instinctively looks up at Iesid. "Oh, you mean me?" she asks of Isia, laughing before shaking
    her head. "I will leave that to the Boss."

Dragon Conquerer, Talonnb Silverain says to Rebra, "Pretty sure they would rather retreat somewhere >less....depressing."

Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl says to Ethne, "Please."

Carefully, Headmaster Xavin Taziyah says, "I would think twice before...ah...before consuming any food or drink She provides."

Ethne seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

From the ground beneath Ethne climbs a twisting thread of flame, wrapping around and quickly obscuring Her from sight. A moment later it dissipates, leaving behind only a pile of ashes.

Benedicto nods his agreement of Ethne's sentiment. Still holding you, he asks, "I think Your Sister has won enough of our companionship upon Her Isle for one week. Perhaps we could retire to the Council or the Beacon. I am happy with either."

From the ground beneath Ethne climbs a twisting thread of flame, wrapping around and quickly obscuring Her from sight. A moment later it dissipates, leaving behind only a pile of ashes.

Ethne, the Rekindled says, "Any others?"

Kaiara says to Ethne, "I'll go. I need to do some chores before I can partake in partying."

Ethne chuckles long and heartily.

Valingar says to Benedicto, "Congratulations once more, comrade."

Valingar gives a holy relic of Sahmie to Benedicto.

Valingar says, "Here, my gift."

You smile at Valingar.

"I am ready when You are, Boss," Rhine comments to Haern, holding Iesid's hand in her own.

Ethne, the Rekindled says to Benedicto, "Carrying your bride and ready?"

Benedicto nods his head at Ethne.

Nola approaches Benedicto and you, parting from Haven for the moment as she says, "Where-ever the two of you decide to go celebrate, I'll come by and offer my congratulations there.. but not here."

From the ground beneath Ethne climbs a twisting thread of flame, wrapping around and quickly
    obscuring Her from sight. A moment later it dissipates, leaving behind only a pile of ashes.

Jhura Neiretrey says, "A generous offer, Lady, thank you."

You are transported by the power of the Divine.
    The Altar of Fire and Water (56136) - The city of Enorian (428)
    The Grand Flame blazes brilliantly atop the dais, taller than mortal and Immortal alike. An Arqeshi Luminary stands here, spiritual mace in hand. An Arqeshi Luminary stands here, spiritual mace in hand. A curved, symmetrical moat encircles the base of the Grand Flame, its pure waters a glimmering barrier between the platform and the fire. Humming with energy, a crystal aegis has been attuned to this location. White wings draping like a cloak over its back, a gryphon stands tall here. A glyph cast in serous silver encircles the Grand Flame. Resplendent in silver and white armour, a small, light blue taerilan saunters imperiously about. A steadfast Templar patrols here, visor drawn and belt laden with weapons. Eyes watching his surroundings closely, an imposing Luminary stands guard here. Standing loosely in stance, a Zealot firebrand is constantly scanning her surroundings. Swathed in white cloth, an alert, gold-marked temple warrior patrols here. Calling upon the latent arcane, an Ascendril battlemage lazily draws a glyph in the air here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. Floating calmly in the Basin of Purification is a waxed paper hyalincuru folded into a small chick. Carihe Ihiem Isia Adesso, the Gilded Huntress is here. Squire Aisar Celaeno, the Owl is here. She wields a shining steel longsword in her left hand and a tower shield in her right. Khimaira Moxie Celaeno, The Lark is here. She wields a sharp-spiked ornately carved mace in her left hand and a jewel-encrusted buckler in her right. Benedicto Silverain is here. He wields the living trident, Riptide in his right hand.
    You see a single exit leading down.

Benedicto to Valingar:
    (Tells): You tell Valingar, "This is too much, brother."

Valingar to Benedicto:
    (Tells): Valingar tells you, "I'm buying it on gambled money."

Valingar to Benedicto:
    (Tells): Valingar tells you, "Also I have plans for it. Plans that need two people and vampires."

Benedicto to Valingar:
    (Tells): You tell Valingar, "I am absolutely all ears."

Valingar to Benedicto:
    (Tells): Valingar tells you, "I think you can reserve your ears for your wife tonight, gahaha. We'll have time aplenty to fight in the days and months to come."

Aishia rushes over to the basin to start scooping handfuls of water out and scrubbing herself all over, dipping in a silver-trimmed handkerchief. She tears high-heeled sandals of emerald and silk off and whips them at Valingar vaguely as if expecting him to do something with them.

(Tells): With harsh fervor, the words of Bamathis, the Warlord reach you: "I will consider you safe now, within the walls of Enorian. Consider My oath fulfilled."

You see Haven raise his voice and shout, "Blessed be the Light and all those who reach for it!"

Sparks of ember join the crash of a hammer on an anvil, igniting into a towering swirl of flame. The figure of Ethne, the Rekindled, emerges from the center of the fire.

(Tells): You tell Bamathis, "Thank You. I felt very safe throughout and I will find a way to repay You for your kindness and encouraging words."

Once she has regained herself in the sudden shift of location, Nola finds the newlyweds once more, approaching more slowly now as the tension slips off of her like a sheet. "My congratulations to you both. May you celebrate your union in the Light, and remember.." she glances briefly at Benedicto, a wry smile, "Change is a constant. If you feel stuck, you can always break free."

Ethne slips in with a pile of cake within Her arms, carefully going to set them about the space.

Ethne drops 43 cakes.

Aishia shuffles about inside her dress, reaching around behind herself to fidget, with a groan of relief she yanks an emerald green silk bra out through the sleeve of her dress, slumping with pleasure.

The Hawa Qizzeke!'s voice resonates across the land, "YOUR LIGHT IS BUT A SPARK WAITING TO BE SWALLOWED BY THE DARKNESS! EMBRACE THE SUN DRINKER, WHOSE SHADOW ENGULFS THE LAND! GIVE TRIBUTE AND PRAISE!"

Bamathis, the Warlord neutralizes His feelings towards you.

Bamathis, the Warlord has bestowed a divine blessing upon you. It will last for 3 days.

Raising Her hands to the sky, Ethne calls down fire upon Hawa.
    Hawa has been slain by Ethne.
    Hawa has invoked the wrath of the Inferno, and been reduced to cinders.
    You divine the location of this death as The Inner Gate of Spinesreach in Spinesreach.

Dragon Conquerer, Talonnb Silverain says to Benedicto, "Plus do not dwell on any issues with 'Her' that may arise on your own or silently together. Let your family help you through what is obviously to come."

Valingar says, "Congratulations to you both, again."
    Valingar uses Warcry.
    Valingar's eyes fill with battle rage as he screams out, "Onwards!"
    Valingar leaves to the down.
    It is now dusk on Gosday, the 17th of Lleian, year 485 of the Midnight Age.

Church surreptitiously mixes the contents of a heavy glass bottle of whiskey with those of a glass made of emberite of a volcanic flower tea before sipping contentedly.

Initiate Vahn says to Church, "Better, or worse?"

Church says to Vahn, "Yes."

Vahn seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly at Church.

Jhura mutters "...don't understand why anyone would profane tea with alchohol..." as she takes another sip.

Initiate Vahn says, "That's certainly -a- response."

Brother Ander Gallant says to you, "It is time I went to rest, Abbess. Congratulations once again."

You smile and say to Ander, "Thank you for being here, Ander. You filled for Alee."

Brother Ander Gallant says, "Yes.. I am sure I will call in that favor sometime."

The corners of Ander's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

You grin and nod.

Benedicto Silverain says, "Thank you everyone."

Brother Ander Gallant says to Benedicto, "And congratulations to you too, of course, Pentarch."

Pressing the open palm of his left hand against the clenched fist of his right, Ander bows respectfully.

Brother Ander Gallant says, "Excuse me."

Vahn inclines his head politely to Ander.

Aishia says, "To see my husband stand still for so long was a treat in of itself."

Aisar giggles happily.

Benedicto to Ethne:
    (Tells): You tell Ethne, "My Lady. Other than my new wife, it was Your warmth that gave me strength. I thank You for that. You have my loyalty, beyond my respect, and if You are ever in need of anything I can assist You with, You have but to name it."

Nola says to Aishia, "A testament to his loyalty to be sure."

Ethne flashes a warm, teeth-filled smile towards you and gives a nod of Her head - as if in response to something.

"I should probably let you all celebrate." Ethne says as She steps back from the crowd. She turns to face you and Aloli both, saying firmly, "Truly, congrats. Just because it was done as it was does not mean it is cursed. You two are strong figures of Spirit and have many who support you. Burn brightly, both of you, and enjoy the afterparty."

The towering form of the Rekindled dissolves into swirling trails of flame, each gradually dimming and cooling to embers.

Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Benedicto