Announce post #3064: Farm Map version 2

2/19/2020 at 12:45
Razmael, the Synthesist
Everyone
Farm Map version 2

Hey folks, there is now an update to the Mudlet graphical map for Farming available.

If you are already using the graphical map, this is a MANDATORY update otherwise your map will stop working - we had to change how the code works on our end in order to support the imminent Nexus version.

Otherwise, there's a few new features and many optimizations to improve the speed. If you tried it before and uninstalled it because it was slow, try again! It's a lot faster!

==IMPORTANT NOTE=====
This will (or should) delete your old farm map installation. If you have custom sprites or changes to the script you've made yourself, back them up first or you will lose them!
=====================

Installing
----------
Make sure your Mudlet version is 3.22 or higher.

Simply enter the 'get_farm_package' command in-game. Mudlet should take care of the rest. If you already had an old version of this farm map installed, you will need to restart Mudlet once it is installed.

If this doesn't work, refer to HELP FARMING GRAPHICS for manual installation.

Changelog/New Features
----------------------
* Optimized the code to increase performance.
* Added graphics for a few things that were missing - thanks again to Peiry! Notably, the cellar, but there's other rare tiles from farm events in there too.
* Animals that haven't been cared for now have a yellow highlight around them, so you can tell which ones need attention as easily as you can with the text map!
* If you water your field by hand, the graphical map will now have darker coloured soil for tiles that have been watered.
* You can now left-click on a tile to path there in-game automatically.
* You can now right-click on a tile to bring up a menu of commands related to that tile. Some interactions include:
- tilling, fertilizing, planting seeds
- watering
- caring for an animal
- leaving the farmplot (if you right click on the gate)
- filling bucket at a well
- summoning watersprite at a well
- felling a fully grown tree
- harvesting a fully grown plant
Notably, I've excluded interactions that could lead to a bad time if you clicked them accidentally, such as slaughter or uproot. You'll need to do those by hand! You'll also still need to wield the correct tools manually and interact with shed manually for now - I ran out of time to add proper support there but will keep it in mind for a future update.

Known Bugs
----------
If you use Mudlet's built-in mapping display (for normal rooms), there's currently a known bug with it that breaks the new ability to click on the tiles listed above. It also slows performance of the farm map a bit. Unfortunately, nothing I can do here since it's a bug in Mudlet itself, but the devs have been notified of it.

Unknown Bugs
------------
Please use the BUG command!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 12th of Arios, in the year 486 MA.
LinZailaRebra

Comments

• STUPID MUDLET MAPPER :rage:
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Tekias
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I will say, the Mudlet mapper lag this time around is MUCH more manageable, but still there.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• AxiusAxius where I am
    so uh.. trying to use this. I'm told I can use it to click anywhere on my farm, and even care for my animals? How come I can't click anywhere but on the outermost edges? Do I need to restart Mudlet a third time? Reinstall the package from scratch?
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    You're probably using Mudlet's room mapper UI. Per my post:

Known Bugs

----------

If you use Mudlet's built-in mapping display (for normal rooms), there's currently a known bug with it that breaks the new ability to click on the tiles listed above. It also slows performance of the farm map a bit. Unfortunately, nothing I can do here since it's a bug in Mudlet itself, but the devs have been notified of it.

The good news is it looks like Mudlet devs have fixed the problem in their development version, so the next release they do should have it working properly.
    TekiasZaila