Mining Teaser - DevVlog

KynaKyna Victoria, AustraliaMember, Immortal Posts: 277 Immortal
edited December 2019 in Aetolia Development
Hey folks!

Razmael and I are excited to show you some more of the fun things in Mining and this time, we decided to put it in a DevVlog!

Please enjoy and feel free to leave your feedback.
Post edited by Razmael on
RijettaMinaretHammarNeomaAloliAeryxIazamatTedrunaiSeurimasZailaDrystinSekeres

Comments

• MjollMjoll Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    It looks great! Can't wait to play with it <3_<3
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere ImportantMember Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    More dev videos or @Tiur is gonna get the clamps.

Though, I'm curious how 'automated' we can get things - I'm referring to games like Rimworld or Dwarf Fortress or Factorio, where after some manual effort, you can set certain things up to work with only maintenance on your part. I.E., being more of a Mine Foreman than a Miner.

Actually, a really good example of this might be Planetary Interaction in EVE Online - you do all the scouting and pay the setup cost, and have to manage your supply and production lines, but once everything is set up, you can go collect from your factories, and either ferry it to more advanced factories or sell as-is. I really love things like that. Lots of pre-planning, then sit back and watch your little robots do their work.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • KynaKyna Victoria, AustraliaMember, Immortal Posts: 277 Immortal
    Rijetta said:

Though, I'm curious how 'automated' we can get things - I'm referring to games like Rimworld or Dwarf Fortress or Factorio, where after some manual effort, you can set certain things up to work with only maintenance on your part. I.E., being more of a Mine Foreman than a Miner.

Actually, a really good example of this might be Planetary Interaction in EVE Online - you do all the scouting and pay the setup cost, and have to manage your supply and production lines, but once everything is set up, you can go collect from your factories, and either ferry it to more advanced factories or sell as-is. I really love things like that. Lots of pre-planning, then sit back and watch your little robots do their work.

I don't want to give away tooooo much but, mining isn't just about bashing rocks with a sharp tool (there will definitely be some of that!) - it also involves being a Foreman/Overseer. However, to temper expectations a bit, we're not looking at the full-on automation craziness that something like Factorio has, and definitely not a complete management sim, but something smaller - something between those examples and just getting down and dirty in the mines yourself.

RijettaAloli
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    Feedback: I'm loving the devlog and I'm excited to become a miner.

Questions:

When you blow up stalagmites (in this case ice), will they come back or are they a one and done type of thing?

How long do torches last? Will this be something we need to consistently monitor?

Will the bandits/monsters that need to be killed scale with a persons level, much like it does with the mines?

• NeomaNeoma Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    I loved the short video and am looking forward to mining.
    And @Kyna yes it was definitively cookie worthy, thanks
  • AloliAloli Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭
    This is so exciting, thank you for sharing.

It doesn't have the look of something you should rush through, it really does feel like you can (and have to) spend time in your mine doing everything and it looks like you need to come prepared too.

I absolutely love the background music you had playing too!
  • RazmaelRazmael Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,340 admin
    Rhyot said:

Feedback: I'm loving the devlog and I'm excited to become a miner.

Questions:

When you blow up stalagmites (in this case ice), will they come back or are they a one and done type of thing?

How long do torches last? Will this be something we need to consistently monitor?

Will the bandits/monsters that need to be killed scale with a persons level, much like it does with the mines?

1) The stalagmites won't respawn.

2) There will be some mechanics surrounding them, but we don't really have an active replacement requirement planned for them (on a mass scale at least).

3) Yes, it will scale to a degree since we don't want you to have to be endgame to do mining.
    AloliRijetta
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭
    As this is the second devlog to be released, are we getting closer to a possible reveal timeframe?? Such as Q1/2/3/4 of 2020??

Or are we going to stick with Soon TM?