retirement characters

MacavityMacavity Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
I am not sure if this is the right spot for this, so admins please move it if need be...

I have been noticing that as characters retire through the retirement system that they are not being removed as members of City, Guild, Orders, and Clans.

Is there a way that the admins can set it up so that when a character does retire they are removed from everything? Also can you remove all the retired characters now as well? I tried to remove a few retired from the Guild but got a message saying that the character has not been active for a long time and they could not have done anything to be removed.

Anyone else feel the same?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
MjollIesid

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure why they would need to be removed in the first place.
    AgothaxlXeniaSwaraNava
  • MacavityMacavity Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
    Sarita said:

I'm not really sure why they would need to be removed in the first place.

every so often I go through the lists and kick out those that are not. I guess its my OCD where I like to see dormant/active list to be true of people that could come back? **shrug**
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• RhyotRhyot BloodlochMember Posts: 375 ✭✭✭✭
    I dont really feel like this is a big issue, personally. It doesnt really affect anyone if they stay on a list or not. Theyre just gone.

Think of it like a funeral. When a person dies, you give them a tombstone to remember them. Retirement does the same thing... Only without the tombstone. Lol.

• SaltzSaltz Member Posts: 3
    Just idea'd a seperate block for retired people in the citizens dormant or gmembers dormant lists. Maybe that's a better solution than kicking them when/if it gets implemented.
    MacavitySwaraZailaNava
    Aishia said:

If anything the problem is the thing you're doing?

what's that supposed to mean? People retire characters for a number of different reasons
    Saltz said:

Just idea'd a seperate block for retired people in the citizens dormant or gmembers dormant lists. Maybe that's a better solution than kicking them when/if it gets implemented.

I totally just saw this and was like heeeeyyyyyyyyy........ lol I supported it! thanks!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AloliAloli Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, abandoned clans that can't be contested quite simply lose their momentum, a way to contest them should exist but the only place I see retired characters being useless or maybe even a hindrance is in rankings. 
    Swara
    Aloli said:

Yeah, abandoned clans that can't be contested quite simply lose their momentum, a way to contest them should exist but the only place I see retired characters being useless or maybe even a hindrance is in rankings. 

they are still listed in Rankings???
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AloliAloli Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    I like that point of view.  
  • LexenLexen Member Posts: 33 ✭✭✭
    There are already mechanics in place to take a clan from an inactive player, even if the clan isn't democratic. I don't remember the time limit off hand, but after so long without a log in, the head position can be contested.
    BenedictoXeniaZaila
  • TiurTiur Producer Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 696 admin
    The official admin stance is that they existed and did their things, so their rankings and such stand. We might find time to put them in a different part of the members lists, it's not a bad idea.

Clans that are abandoned are weird. Mostly, they bought them, so they keep them. Clans done by a guild or city or whatever have commands to be reclaimed.
    SaltzZailaLeana
  • EydisEydis Member Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    I wish families had the ability to be considered registered organizations, so shops, manors, and clans could be family projects kept for posterity and don't fall into cracks like this one. I know manors would be difficult to parse out but it would be cool if we could make it work. Doesn't Imp have the ability to register families?

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Tekias