retirement characters

MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
I am not sure if this is the right spot for this, so admins please move it if need be...

I have been noticing that as characters retire through the retirement system that they are not being removed as members of City, Guild, Orders, and Clans.

Is there a way that the admins can set it up so that when a character does retire they are removed from everything? Also can you remove all the retired characters now as well? I tried to remove a few retired from the Guild but got a message saying that the character has not been active for a long time and they could not have done anything to be removed.

Anyone else feel the same?
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
IazamatMjollRhyotLeanaIesid

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm not really sure why they would need to be removed in the first place.
    AgothaxlXeniaSwaraNava
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Sarita said:

I'm not really sure why they would need to be removed in the first place.

every so often I go through the lists and kick out those that are not. I guess its my OCD where I like to see dormant/active list to be true of people that could come back? **shrug**
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I dont really feel like this is a big issue, personally. It doesnt really affect anyone if they stay on a list or not. Theyre just gone.

Think of it like a funeral. When a person dies, you give them a tombstone to remember them. Retirement does the same thing... Only without the tombstone. Lol.

• Just idea'd a seperate block for retired people in the citizens dormant or gmembers dormant lists. Maybe that's a better solution than kicking them when/if it gets implemented.
    MacavitySwaraZailaNava
    Aishia said:

If anything the problem is the thing you're doing?

what's that supposed to mean? People retire characters for a number of different reasons
    Saltz said:

Just idea'd a seperate block for retired people in the citizens dormant or gmembers dormant lists. Maybe that's a better solution than kicking them when/if it gets implemented.

I totally just saw this and was like heeeeyyyyyyyyy........ lol I supported it! thanks!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    To play Devil's Advocate to a very minor extent, I can see why something might be useful in respect of clans. I.e. a family clan where the familial head has either retired or, to all intents and purposes, left the game and the remaining members don't have the appropriate privileges to run the clan.

In this instance it might be of use to have the democratic element toggled on automatically after a period of waiting so that the remaining family members can step up to continue the clan, rather than have to start all over again from scratch.

In every other respect, I don't think there is any point to booting retired/absentee members from orgs.
    MjollTeaniOonaghRhyotAloliSwaraNavaHaven
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Yeah, abandoned clans that can't be contested quite simply lose their momentum, a way to contest them should exist but the only place I see retired characters being useless or maybe even a hindrance is in rankings. 
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Swara
    Aloli said:

Yeah, abandoned clans that can't be contested quite simply lose their momentum, a way to contest them should exist but the only place I see retired characters being useless or maybe even a hindrance is in rankings. 

they are still listed in Rankings???
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Leana
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    I like that point of view.  
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
  • There are already mechanics in place to take a clan from an inactive player, even if the clan isn't democratic. I don't remember the time limit off hand, but after so long without a log in, the head position can be contested.

BenedictoXeniaZaila
  • It hasn't been said, but I find that ejecting characters who are retired to be incredibly OOC.

This practice should just be stopped entirely.

They existed, they did things, and if they retired they shouldn't be removed from anything except for leadership roles. This is a way to remember them and if you remove all their ties it will be nearly impossible to find them in the future.

Not everyone is part of the Rankings and some people get removed from certain lists due to inactivity.

Please stop. @Macavity

MjollNavaZailaRhyotKonnorn
  • TiurTiur Producer
    The official admin stance is that they existed and did their things, so their rankings and such stand. We might find time to put them in a different part of the members lists, it's not a bad idea.

Clans that are abandoned are weird. Mostly, they bought them, so they keep them. Clans done by a guild or city or whatever have commands to be reclaimed.
    SaltzZailaLeana
  • I wish families had the ability to be considered registered organizations, so shops, manors, and clans could be family projects kept for posterity and don't fall into cracks like this one. I know manors would be difficult to parse out but it would be cool if we could make it work. Doesn't Imp have the ability to register families?

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    Tekias