<pre>8/30/2018 at 12:03
Keroc, the Starborn
The first step to upgrading our PvE system is here! You should now find that you will have a new general skillset named Hunting, filled a number of skills relevant to, well, hunting denizens.
This skillset is a special one, as it does not require lessons to upgrade. Instead each level you obtain will further upgrade the skillset until it will become transcendant at level 120. You can type AB HUNTING RANKS to see at what level you will obtain a new ability.
For now it will hold a lot of abilities you should already be familiar with. In the future though, it'll have some new abilities that have yet to be seen.
There are a few changes however that may want to know about:
- PvE damage is now modified by the Might skill.
- Hunger can now deplete to the 'not hungry' status regardless of level 80.
* This state is not low enough to cause hunger issues, so don't worry too much.
- Tiredness can now deplete to the 'do not need sleep' status on its own regardless of level 80.
* Like hunger, this state is not low enough to cause sleep issues.
- Renew is no longer an endgame ability, and is now in Hunting.
* The custom messages still exist for the various endgame races.
- Removed the base endgame racial perks that include:
* Health and mana regeneration.
* Willpower and endurance regeneration.
* Blood and clotting regeneration.
- Racial willpower/endurance regen has been lowered to 3, down from 8.
Some of the removed racial tools have been re-implented in various forms, however a couple have been outright removed to help keep things a little more base line for balancing purposes.
Per normal, we're going to keep an eye on how the changes work out going forward and making adjustments where necessary.
P.S. Those of you who were 80+ but sitting at starving will find themselves taking starvation damage/effects. Just eat some food to get back past the 'not hungry' status and you'll be back to normal.
Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 10th of Midsummer, in the year 475 MA.</pre>