Racial Flavour (not that kind of flavor)

1235»

Comments

• Thaaaank you @Imvra <3
    Luas
  • I really want to see more Xoran fluff love. Would love to also see Ophidians as a playable race.

I do what I can to cultivate and pump up the ethnic/racial angle of Sklax. His background is quasi-feral, and his background hatchling wise out in the desert near Bloodloch allows me to have those more quirkish, predatory, trill like attitude qualities that would be found in actual wild reptiles. I try to have my Xoran as a sort of "different" For an ethnicity - For example he actually sheds his scales once a year and their colors change, and he also has a neck frill/hood that has brightly colored feathers in it which he will throw out if he feels threatened or aroused (neither of these two things have happened to him yet)

Really want to see Xoran and Ophidian expansion!
  • TiurTiur Producer
    Ophidians were a thought, but at the moment we really don't want to deal with a non bipedal race.
    SklaxZaila
  • Tiur said:

Ophidians were a thought, but at the moment we really don't want to deal with a non bipedal race.

Can you imagine the trouble having to mechanically code "You cannot wear shoes, you have no feet!"
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Sklax
  • Kelliara said:

Can you imagine the trouble having to mechanically code "You cannot wear shoes, you have no feet!"

ImvraVyxsisSklaxZaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The magic of Walky Bob has granted them footsies
  • ImvraImvra Immortal Immortal
    With recent events, I am working on a small project that overlaps with racial and regional flavour and roleplay.

If you have focused on developing a culture or aesthetic for a particular race or region and would like to assist, please reach out to Me! I would love to collaborate.
    ZailaSteelePazradymLuasKanivaraSklax
  • Imvra said:

With recent events, I am working on a small project that overlaps with racial and regional flavour and roleplay.

If you have focused on developing a culture or aesthetic for a particular race or region and would like to assist, please reach out to Me! I would love to collaborate.

i realize it's only been like a week and a half, but i wanted to check whether this is still happening. i sent a message in game and haven't heard anything <.<
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• Relating to this... One of the things I wish Aetolia  would finally do, is get out of Achaea’s shadow entirely. I am glad we finally have some non-Achaean race options, but I almost wish we didn’t have those original options at all. I know it would be a huge project to work on, there would have to probably be ingame events to do something like phase out the old races, but I would love to feel like we had our own options.

Secondly, with races, endgame races have always seemed so oddly cobbled together to me. It is vague and there is little actual ingame lore or content that deals with them. There is a few helpfiles and that is about it. I really think something more robust needs to be done with the endgame races.

"My heart is akin to a wild beast's, my whims no better." - Alaric Lynceus
    ArbreVahnKalinaarZaila
  • Alaric said:
    Secondly, with races, endgame races have always seemed so oddly cobbled together to me. It is vague and there is little actual ingame lore or content that deals with them. There is a few helpfiles and that is about it. I really think something more robust needs to be done with the endgame races.
    These have never really seemed like races to me in the first place but more of a mutation so that's how I've chosen to RP it. I agree though, not much substance to the endgame races.
  • TiurTiur Producer
    edited June 2019
    Endgame races are def on our list to get making more sense.

Aet is long into a project to get rid of Achaeastuff (tm). We have, for the most part, gotten rid of everything. Mage revamp takes care of the last iconic class. Yeah, Monk... but that's more of an IRE iconic than an Achaea thing. I wouldn't redo them.

E:

I don't mean that we intend to get rid of sapience races! Those are here to stay too.

Man, I am bad at words gooding oftimes.
    KalinaarZailaAloli
  • AloliAloli Between Books
    Thank you for Monk! 
    Between what is said and not meant, and what is meant and not said, most of love is lost. - Khalil Gibran
    Kalinaar