SYSTEM FOR SALE: CITADEL

Comments

• I wish I could commit to paying such a high price for a system. It seems good, but I dunno.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Even if I was willing to swap my client to Cmud and switch back to icky Windows (or touch mudbot), 70$ for something I most people sell for 20$ is just too much.
    Malok
  • edited March 2013

Angwe said:
    Even if I was willing to swap my client to Cmud and switch back to icky Windows (or touch mudbot), 70$ for something I most people sell for 20$ is just too much.
    Let me begin my two part rebuttal with this:

Most people are selling you CRAP for 20 bucks, you are paying for something that is less than half as efficient and will be half ass updated every now and then.

Secondly, Citadel works with any client, and if you have any knowledge whatsoever scripting in whatever client you choose, you can create buttons, aliases, whatever for any of the functions in Citadel using it's very lovely built in GMCP.

P.S.
    My new favorite vulgar term, half unicorns.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    The 20$ systems I see on other games are far from 'crap'. SVO and Omnipave are genius, both of them. 20USD. Just not on Aetolia.
    RiluoAmara
  • And Aetolia has far better combat than any of the other games, as stated before.  I mean, you don't have to buy it, but Citadel is worth every last penny of seventy dollars if you want to try your hand at top tier combat in Aetolia, and aren't some programming genious. (not to say I am ANYWHERE near top tier.)
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    edited March 2013
    $20 systems are half unicorns.

Citadel is guaranteed 100% USDA grade whole unicorn.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    IllikaalArbre
  • The only thing stopping me from buying it is the DRM that's in place for it.

I don't buy games that have draconian levels of DRM, and if I spend 70 bucks on a system I should be able to use it on as many characters as I damn well please.

I understand WHY Lanira's made it that way, because people do pass around systems sometimes, but I don't. Ask Arbre how many people I've directed to her for her system.

Having said that, I've dealt with Lanira before and his work is top notch.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited March 2013
    There are various ways to win credits in-game if you're looking for a means.

The first and likely easiest (as well as fastest) that comes to mind is the bardics.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    /competition
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    So, I'm probably gonna give up on Mudbot - too many changes to the game over several years without access to the source code has led to a Frankensteined, broken system.

My concern with Citadel is what if something similar happens? You don't get the source code for it, right, so what happens if Lanira goes MIA?
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    He has engineered a robot to take his place. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Moirean
    I actually halfway believe that...
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Gepideth and I both have access to the source code, though if Lanira disappears you're going to have to wait for me to actually figure it all out, as I haven't even really looked at it.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos is authorized to either take over the project, pass it along to someone else, or to open up the project to the community. But, as long as there's interest in the system, I plan on keeping it updated.
    I'll be charging ONE MILLION DOLLARZ FOR IT *evil grin*

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I bought this way back, I think around the time carnifex was released. I then sort of stopped playing much other than joining in the odd war or event. My own system was good enough for that so I didn't bother with learning to use citadel. I didn't consider it too much of a waste of credits because I knew I'd want to return eventually and was hopeful it would still be around and maintained when I wanted to come back (with practically no system whatsoever).

I'm happy to see that is actually true, and that it is perhaps even better than it was when I bought it (Aet was going through a huge number of changes at the time so it was a little frustrating waiting for Lanira to figure out the new stuff, but it sure worked nice for the unchanged classes at the time).

It kind of sucks not being able to make the small changes instantly, but not having to bother coding as much has its advantages, heh. Here's to hoping that makes a casual return to the game possible for yours truly (I'm feeling the urge to play again.)

Did someone mention a clan invite? I'm kind of interested in being able to ask some questions about how it works etc.
    EsperAldricMoirean
  • Citadel is now serving around 40 players. (Some of who may not be active now, but never-mind that.)
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @lanira a few questions and I am sorry if they are repeat questions....

1) How is the system updated and how often after the following conditions?  changelog? Announce? Class ReVamp?
    2) Since the code is not open how does one trust that nothing has been added to disable or stop the curing of something to give another person who knows this to take advantage of it?
    3) Are trial periods still going on?
    4) Screen shots of menus or what not that a user would have access to?
    5) Endgame curing, artifacts, iron coin stuff, and special requests?  How are those handled.
    6) Undead curing, does this include the siphon for syringes should they run out or is that left to the user to trigger that in system?
    7) Since this is using Mudbot, can it corrupt my IMaper files?
    8) Finally, how much does the end user need to code in for curing compared to this system and is there a document that explains the best practices for the system and what the user should put in, in their own base system?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."

1) There's an in game clan that has the date of the latest update. Updates are fairly regular, especially after big liaison changes

2) It's not. Trust me, if there was a magical 'beat Citadel' button, I wouldn't of fought Moirean for over an hour the other day.

3) I believe so.

4) My GUI is different from the standard one, so you'll have to get someone else to do this. I've got a lot of extra stuff in my build out that I added in cMUD (utility stuff, like web calling)

5) Renew and similar abilities, as well as warmth\miasma\safeguard are in the defup and cure lists. Special requests are a Lanira thing, and as for Iron Coins, I'm not sure what you mean.

6) Dunno, don't play undead, but would assume so. Pipes autorefill, so I think this would too.

7) Nope. What you'll get is a new build of mudbot that you'll put your mapper file in, then move from there. We're using the latest version of IMap developed by Xon, so all th efun features are there.

8) This system will cure for you, without pretty much anything from you. You're on your own for offense, though, and that's where your own scripting ability will take hold. Rivas, as an example, immediately noticed his ability to bash go up a lot and he was able to handle things a lot easier than he could previously, simply because of the better curing in Citadel.

There's a clan?

Lanira is amazing at updates and feedback. He answers every question I have (even when I'm blonde and ask the same one like 3 times) quickly and with patience. That in itself is worth the 400 credits. I'm in the same boat as Irruel, just returned and having no desire to update my old system, and this has been a very nice option to let me hop into combat without spending half of my online time updating for all the changes.

My only regret is that it doesn't handle pausing, via the module, for channeled attacks (my other mudbot system did, so the pauses went through, instantly, only when my channeled attacks actually started). Still, it's a minor thing and I'm working on coding around it.
    Uh. You realize it's as simple as tacking 'pause' into whatever channeled command you send, right? You can either stick it on top of your alias, or hell, even just trigger it. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Typing pause before the actual attack has a window for error, such as if the weapon isn't wielded due to a broken arm, a paralysis goes through right as you run the aliases, etc, whereas if the module handled pausing based off of the attack itself starting, it's far more failsafe. You can't just trigger it with your own client, because mudbot modules are too fast - it'll try to smoke rebounding, for example, before your pause trigger goes through.

Like I said, I'm working on coding around it, but I've definitely lost momentum and died a few times from errors while making that adjustment.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited March 2013
    I think one of you (or Lanira) should write a little manual of sorts detailing all the user commands available to interact with Citadel. I've been helping people out who ask when I can but I don't know all of them either.
    Moirean said:
    Typing pause before the actual attack has a window for error, such as if the weapon isn't wielded due to a broken arm, a paralysis goes through right as you run the aliases, etc, whereas if the module handled pausing based off of the attack itself starting, it's far more failsafe. You can't just trigger it with your own client, because mudbot modules are too fast - it'll try to smoke rebounding, for example, before your pause trigger goes through.

Like I said, I'm working on coding around it, but I've definitely lost momentum and died a few times from errors while making that adjustment.
    I've never had a problem with it. I also use the do queue to send both of those commands at the same time. 

I'm also going to assume this is related to your shatter spamming. Stop spamming shatter!
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    No no, keep spamming. It intrigues me. (runs off to find a high speed mace)

Don't forget my OP skills of beastmaster and soul drain.
    Haven
  • edited March 2013
    I see what you mean Moirean. If you trigger, on your client, to send a pause command only when it receives the message for a channeled ability, Citadel may very well send a command that could interrupt it. The solution is to pause the system as you're sending the command for the channeled attack, and add safeguards to unpause in-case something prevents the command from going through. Though, using the first method, I don't see how that's different from having your system built into your client; because, if you don't pause your system as you're sending the attack, there could be a new affliction or a cure balance it responds to that pops up between the time you send the command and when the server receives it, thus interrupting the ability. You could have the trigger to pause the system built directly into Citadel, which is very simple, and the problem would be the same.

So, if you setup your alias like this:

#alias sh {
    pause
    shatter %-1
    #T+ {shatter failsafes}
    }

Then put some failsafe triggers in a class folder named "shatter failsafes", you shouldn't have an issue:

#trigger {^You are paralyzed and cannot fwomp that.$} {unpause;#t- {shatter failsafes}}

#alarm *1.5 {unpause;#t- {shatter failsafes}}

#trigger {^You are distracted by your own sexiness.$} {unpause;#t- {shatter failsafes}} 
    edited March 2013
    No, since if the pause is based off of the attack itself starting, it only pauses for successful attacks, not attempts. Eg, triggering off something like "You raise * over your head and begin to swing it" versus building it into your behead alias. In this example, you can happily spam your behead alias while you wait for someone to fall from broken legs or for a paralysis dart to hit, but with an inbuilt pause, that would be ill-advised. Not that spamming behead is the smartest thing, but that's just an example.

Anyways, it's only a minor issue that I just need to adjust to via trial and error. I am a fan of the system, just warning people that they may need to tweak some things on their end to optimize it for their own combat (duh :P ).
This discussion has been closed.