Owned Part II

Comments

• Huh, what's your audit? Frenzy+tonguelash hit you for 2100, that is unusually high.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You shout, "Know that there is hope in the Light. Strength and potential to rise to new heights! Break free of the curse of undeath. Lift the veils and know Their gifts to be false!"
    [100] [100] E88 W83 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 3:49.675 -
    Bellowing loudly enough to be heard across the continent, Eleanor shouts, "Goodness, is it that time of the month already? I'm late for an appointment."
    [100] [100] E89 W84 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:16.493 -
    A colossal shadow appears.
    [100] [100] E89 W84 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:25.970 -
    Valakris, the Bellower, tucks his wings and dives downward upon you with a harrowing bellow. Notched claws snap close upon you and with a beat of his vast wings, the great wyrm hefts you upwards and away into the sky.
    Soaring through the trees.
    An echinacea root has been dropped here. The twisted remains of Ciri lie here.
    There are no obvious exits.
    [100] [100] E89 W84 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:26.843 -
    [HINT]: Valakris has you in his clutches! THRASH free before you are devoured!
    [100] [100] E89 W84 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:27.834 -
    You shout, "Look inside yourselves and seize the spark within. Blessed be the Light and all those who reach for it!"
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:28.748 -
    Balance Used: 1.86 seconds
    You thrash wildly in Valakris's clutches, trying to wrest free of his grasp.
    [HINT]: Keep THRASHing!
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb e-] 4:35.100 -

::[ Lilith ]:: <<> Balance status: RECOVERED. <>>
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:37.8 B( 1.908 ) -
    thrash
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb e-] 4:38.384 -

::[ Lilith ]:: <<> Balance status: RECOVERED. <>>
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:39.144 B( 1.871 ) -
    thrash

(Web): Yarel says, "Technically speaking... Would Haven's shouts be considered PK cause?"
    [100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb eb] 4:39.390 -

[100] [100] E72 W68 B100 S100 Dev100 Spark100 <<XP 64%>> [csdb e-] 4:39.676 -
    thrash

Valakris, the Bellower tucks its wings with a bellow, spiraling downward to a rocky outcropping before brutally slamming you against the stone. You feel your body list oddly to one side, a numbness spreading through your extremities with the spine-shattering blow. The world dims as Valakris' throws his head back with a shriek, sending you somersaulting through the air as the wyrm's jaws snap shut upon you, swallowing you whole.
    You have been slain by Valakris, the Bellower.
    You are afflicted with: right_arm_broken

::[ Lilith ]:: <<> You have lost 2500 (0.07%) experience. (Death) 893 more ticks until current level lost. <>>

:(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    OmeiSetne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I... think I can't play this game anymore.

http://www.logsty.net/logs/2Tegt

http://www.logsty.net/logs/f9OqN

I'm at a loss for what I could have done in the second fight. Even without a crone and a soulmaster, he outpaced my curing without really having to try at that affliction rate. Even if I orbed the bubonis to buy myself time (and assuming he doesn't just immediately re-summon it) I'd have had the orb blocking my throatcrush.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Well, unless I'm horrifically misreading the logs, fitness probably would've helped.

Not enough to make a difference, but well spotted.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    This isn't the Sparring Grounds thread, but after skimming the second log, a few things:

1) There are a few points in there where you have asthma, clumsiness, and slickness, you're off curing balances and he's on his third Tarot swing. This is a time to hinder, not keep swinging at the top of your priority.
    2) I don't know if this is a thing, but for the first half (maybe more) Tripwire thought he had disfigurement. I'm not sure if purity picked it up or he cured it, but you might trigger the target ordering ents to do something to clear disfigurement.
    3) Your stack is a little shallow. I would throw one or two hindering affs in just beneath paresis, and build through clumsiness or magic_impaired into asthma, but I haven't actually ever played Sentinel, so I'm not certain what all you have at your disposal. I know when we last fought I wasn't really worried about limp_veins/paralysis managing a lock.
    4) You didn't use Fitness. Indorani have no way to power through lock-breakers, so you could have stalemated it instead of dying.
    a) Cue conversation about turtling. Ready... fight!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Round 1! Fight! /ding/

edited June 2014
    Ah, I knew he didn't have disfigurement anymore. I had abandoned that rout and it wasn't important, or I'd have just used an alias to remove it. Also, neither clumsiness nor magic_impaired has any effect on Indorani. As for my stack, I won't go into why it's so 'shallow' but there are certainly reasons. Spamming stupidity wouldn't have bought me much time and pushing towards a lock is a higher priority, imo.

Edit: magic_impaired does actually have a single effect on Indorani that I've noticed. Meteor Tarot.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angwe said:

Ah, I knew he didn't have disfigurement anymore. I had abandoned that rout and it wasn't important, or I'd have just used an alias to remove it. Also, neither clumsiness nor magic_impaired has any effect on Indorani. As for my stack, I won't go into why it's so 'shallow' but there are certainly reasons. Spamming stupidity wouldn't have bought me much time and pushing towards a lock is a higher priority, imo.

Edit: magic_impaired does actually have a single effect on Indorani that I've noticed. Meteor Tarot.

Still useful in building a kelp stack though as neither are focusable.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    edited June 2014
    Fitness makes a huge difference. It means they can't insta lock you down like a Sentinel can (helloooo throatcrush!). Fitness, turtle, heal, profit. If you don't use fitness, you might as well lay down and die against just about any venom-locking class.

So Ashmer and I were both wrong in that you DO actually use fitness once... but I suspect it was manual, and it occurred after you spent a balance attacking. A couple of seconds can mean life and death, though. It can be the difference between a Syssin/vampire truelocking you, or resetting the fight. It needs to be integrated into your curing.

Dodge upsets to mitigate the gremlin, since you can't dodge Indorani cards.

Indorani, unlike every other venom dsl class, aren't affected by clumsiness, dodging, rebounding, or any of the other counters that traditionally mitigate the (very potent) venom aff offense. Did I also mention they have ents? So that really leaves you with only balance increasers and paralysis as your sole effective means of hindering. Fortunately for you, you have three -- plodding from badger, lethargy (40%), and heartflutter (25%).

Your animal choice for dueling is poor. Badger/croc is fine. Weasel is meh, and I'd rather bring raccoon (they can just eat right afterwards you say? well with how most system do limiters and client-server lag, you can usually at least gain .1s of delay from a raccoon tick, and often more, closer to .5). Icewyrm is just odd. You can't track it properly (because not every attack it does freezes) and it doesn't really get you anywhere unless you're so far ahead in the first place that you don't even really need it.

It's very strange that you open with slickness/disfigurement. While pipe balance is still a respectable number, there's not much further you can build from that. Herb affs are your only other options after slickness/disfigurement, and since you're most likely going to hit with herb + pipe, you're effectively going nowhere since they can cure both at the same time.

Your system doesn't track hidden Sun Tarot.

Your crossbow should be reserved for timing attacks. Being able to deliver a single venom aff on demand at (substantially) sub herb balance is very powerful. It's like a poor man's vorpal. You shouldn't just shoot it off willy nilly unless you happen to have alacrity up.

HavenDraiman
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited June 2014
    Tripwire is garbage vs new Indorani, just fyi. Got a lot of work to do before it's in fighting condition vs that class.
    @Ashmer, slickness/disfig is just to get his ents on him, after that it's just my 'normal' stack. It works more often than not, but I didn't really expect it to work on @Ezalor, hence why I abandoned it.

@Serrice, raccoon is useless. I've seen it proc exactly twice since they introduced the revamp. Ever. I use icewyrm just to put passive pressure on salve balance. RNG heavy, sure, but I've sealed more than a few throatcrushes that way and when the target's head breaks in a long fight, it can make a play.

Great advice on the upsets and hindering. The use of fitness was actually my system's doing. Not sure why it's so finicky about using it properly, I'll double-check the code.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Who would that work on? It's not even giving disfigurement - it's just stripping heirophant.
    Worked on @Tina and @Ellenia consistently. It was also my go-to when fighting Praenomen to set their ghasts on them.
    Praemon don't have hierophant. Indorani do, the first hit of disloyalty will just strip their hierophant, instead of actually giving disloyalty. It's like fitness for ent control.
    Good to know. Thank you, @Moirean!
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    What works against one person isn't always going to work on another. Disfig/slickness seems like a one trick pony anyways, like half of the tricks that use to be doable with amnesia, something someone might look over when first building a system, but after one log, never going to work again.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Yet it kept working....
  • Try croc-raven-badger + whatever

I've had more luck with raccoon rng, but there's no point getting into that discussion. Raven will help you more with a class that hinders less easily, and against Ezalor, a passive freeze every so often is never going to lead anywhere.

You might consider raloth for the active triple limb break, if you plan to try something interesting with salves. Even then, I don't believe it will get you anywhere without burnt_skin, and you need it to hit both arms for that as well.

A shallow vlock stack is the best idea for a sent, BUT you still need to throw in other things while you wait for the croc rng to fall in your favour. Also, as Serrice said, shoot that preloaded crossbow at -just- the right moment. It needs to be used as the final straw.
    Angwe
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Arozaria has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Dunur has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Ashlea has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    They were assisted by: Ezalor, Ison.
    Plato has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    They were assisted by: Zsadist.
    Daegon has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Ciarelle has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    They were assisted by: Roland.
    Kerryn has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.

You get 'em @Xavin
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanSerriceSetneHaven
  • Arozaria has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    You divine the location of this death as Lonely path through the mists of the
    Hollow in Duiran.

Dunur has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

Ashlea has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

Plato has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

Daegon has had his body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

Ciarelle has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

Kerryn has had her body disintegrated by Xavin's holocaust.
    Hollow in Duiran.

All happened in less than a second. 7 allies killed, 0 raiders. Owned.
    MoireanSerriceHaven
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Xavin #1 Bloodloch Raider.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanFurtumDraimanJensenAshmerIlyon
  • No, Tahl was. Killed me more in my first war than the entire rest of BL COMBINED. I started putting up deliverance when I saw him or @Xavin drop holobombs though. They learned to stop real fast >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanFurtumHavenAshmerTahl
    H:84% M:93% E:99% W:98% B:100% Mad:0% [csdb eb lr] [-as ftr]

Your blindness defence has been stripped.
    Your deafness defence has been stripped.
    Your fangbarrier defence has been stripped.
    Your cloak defence has been stripped.

*******************************************************************************
    The holocaust globe ominously stops pulsing for a fraction of a second, and then explodes into a fiery conflagration
    that consumes all around it.

Health Lost: 1270, fire.

The holocaust globe ominously stops pulsing for a fraction of a second, and then explodes into a fiery conflagration

You feel your flesh burn away and are blinded as you feel what is left of your eyeballs slowly run down your face. With
    a silent scream of agony, your body is utterly consumed by the inferno, and you cease to possess corporeal form.
    You have been slain by Xavin.
    [Serenity]: Warning: You seem to have died. Might want to have that looked at.
    A stack of 5 bladder slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 eyeball slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 6 testis slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 ovary slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 castorite gland slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 lung slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 kidney slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 4 sulphurite slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 6 tongue slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 heart slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 stomach slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 bone slices falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 prickly pears falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 5 slices of pineal gland falls out of your inventory.
    A stack of 8 liver slices falls out of your inventory.
    Stricken, you collapse to the ground. Unable to maintain the composure of your physical form any longer, you feel your
    body shrivel and wither away as you revert to your mistform.
    Your insignia fades slightly in its lustre, as your loss is notated in the records.

edited June 2014
    Omg, you mean he actually got a kill on an enemy!? (also: man, those are weakass holos)

MoireanStathan
    Ooh, burn.
    I may be a vampire, but my fire audit brings all the @Xavins to the yard.

• Serrice said:

Omg, you mean he actually got a kill on an enemy!? (also: man, those are weakass holos)

That's with a 20 int, too. What was your fire audit, @Ashmer. I know you were in Syssin.

The gorillas should be re-turned, I think. You get stuck perma off-balance after a point. I had a group of like 15, had picked off 4 and then bam, stuck off-bal just watching myself die. :(