A magnificent bell... A heart-felt conversation.

edited January 2015 in Roleplay Logs
So this is my first little RP log! Thank you @Auresae‌ for playing along with me! It was a very pleasant surprise. I often have Lucie roaming about RPing with herself and it was just... So much fun to have someone jump in. :)

A white marble belltower.
The bright sun shines down, blanketing you with its life-giving warmth. This open tower looks out over the city to the east with its gleaming domes and spires, the docks to the south with their bustle and commotion, the Paladin fortress and training grounds to the north, and the flowing blue river to the west. Pale rafters on the ceiling's inside craft a ornately pointed roof above, and a ladder leads down to a subtle corner of the Sanctorium below. Within the center of the tower, a heavy cast iron bell swings on a gently creaking rope. A sturdy rope hangs from within the bell here. A magnificent bell hangs here, polished to a perfect shine. Eyes watching his surroundings closely, an imposing Luminary stands guard here. There are 2 monolith sigils here. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil.
You see a single exit leading down.

You can see the following 6 objects:
"rope64145" a sturdy-looking rope.
"bell75463" A magnificent bell.
"luminary110310" an imposing Luminary.
"monolith sigil203173" a monolith sigil.
"monolith sigil203239" a monolith sigil.
"sigil207671" a cube sigil.

probe bell
Hanging here, this heavy cast-iron bell is tied up above the rafters by a thick, corded rope strung through with metal augmentation. Several coils of the rope have been wrapped around a near board, and slight marks of wear mark the sides of the loop where it is generally pulled.
It weighs 1 ounce(s).

ring bell
What do you wish to ring at?

ih bell
You can see the following 1 objects:
"bell75463" A magnificent bell.

push bell
A magnificent bell is unaffected by your efforts.

Thoughtfully, you say to an imposing Luminary, "I wonder if this bell ever rings..."

Lucie bites on her bottom lip, the flesh whitening under the pressure of her teeth. After a moment, the young Yeleni's hands extend in an attempt to push a magnificent bell - to no avail.

Dusting herself off, you exclaim to an imposing Luminary, "I suppose not. That thing does not seem to want to budge!"

Lucie rubs at her opalescent eyes, blinking several times as she begins to circle a magnificent bell thoughtfully.

Pensively, you say to an imposing Luminary, "...Maybe if I get a running start."

With deliberate purpose in her steps, Lucie finds the far corner of the belltower. Placing her right foot against the wall for support, the young blond lunges forward into a sprint - hands before her as she attempts to push a magnificent bell.

Auresae heaves upon the rope, making the bell sway and sound a crystal clear chime with each collision.
The clear chimes of the Sanctorium's bell ring out over the City of Light, heralding a call to faith.

Lucie blinks several times, rubbing at her eyes before she swiftly pushes a time-worn pair of rivet spectacles up to settle on the bridge of her nose. The corners of the young Yeleni's eyes crinkle as she breathes a puff of satisfaction. The sentiment is short lived, only seconds passing before she peers about herself curiously.

Hesitantly, you ask an imposing Luminary, "...I did that, right?"

An imposing Luminary says to you, "Aye, you did well enough I suppose, though most folks just PULL the ROPE."

Lucie's opalescent gaze scans her surroundings, a slight flush rising in her cheeks. "Oh. Yes, well! Erm! I..." The Yeleni's feet shuffle as her hand reaches for the rope, tugging on it lightly.

pull rope
The clear chimes of the Sanctorium's bell ring out over the City of Light, heralding a call to faith.

"...Why take the easy way out, really?" Lucie asks, a soft cough soon following her words.

An imposing Luminary says, "Ambitious, a valuable aspect for a youth. Carry that with you and you shall go great places."

Rubbing at her opalescent gaze, you say to an imposing Luminary, "Oh, I do hope you are right! Though - more and more I am feeling as though it's a bit of a curse. Patience is not one of my strongest traits."

An imposing Luminary hefts his mace, smiling at the reply, "If you are impatient, then I advise you be wise enough to learn from your mistakes." he informs, igniting the spiritual mace with flame as he looks out from the belltower, "..be able to temper the flame, and know what works cooperatively with impulse."

An imposing Luminary says, "Finding someone who balances you, at times can be a gift."

An imposing Luminary says, "My wife is my balance."

An imposing Luminary's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Lucie's opalescent gaze brightens as an imposing Luminary speaks, her head tilting thoughtfully as she listens to him. "Love. I have never been in love. What is it like?" the blond asks, her tone latent with sincere curiosity.

An imposing Luminary laughs, shaking his head, "It begins with friendship, camaraderie... understanding of another." he states quietly, "..it is not even love that requires that sort of bond, it is just trust in another." his tone calm, resolute as he continues, "Sometimes it develops into love, sometimes it does not, either way its a valuable connection to those whom you would respect, that complete the balance."

An imposing Luminary says, "We have funny ways of expressing ourselves, culturally those can differ, I suppose. The Beacon is a marvelous place where the Light can touch all and share in its warmth."

An imposing Luminary says, "So long as one is willing to let the light do so, it is compassionate."

Lucie's head falls into a nod, a pensive 'hrm' escaping her pursed lips. "...Well... My sisters... @Nola and @Melantha... They give me balance." She pauses for a long moment, her cheeks reddening. "Well, they try, anyway... Sometimes I just get too heated up and simply cannot hold my tongue. Melantha says I should practice grace and graciousness. ...I do try."

An imposing Luminary laughs at this, nodding his head, "Siblings, are good at being blunt." he admits, "My brother works down near the merchants, he is well enough at the same." his tone quite thoughtful, "Perhaps you don't wish to practice grace, and that is your prerogative."

"...I wish to be a better person." Lucie quietly says, her right index finger pressing her glasses to rest back on the bridge of her nose. "It's not that I think I am particularly wicked - I just..." She pauses for a moment, chewing on her bottom lip. "Do you suppose that bad things happen to good people for a reason? Or is it just the case that they are not good enough?"

An imposing Luminary adjusts his mail, eyeing you curiously, "I believe all acts bear a purpose, and it is up to us to discern the best course of resolution." he states, solemnly, "I firmly believe there are constant threats against our way of life, and it is of us to be above the pain and torment and strive to shine brightly, are we deserving of such hardship no, but it is an inevitable fact of our existence and one that makes us stronger."

"My mum used to tell me a story... It's moral was that 'the best is only brought at the cost of great pain.'" Lucie muses, her opalescent gaze lifting to inspect the ceiling overhead as a pensive frown weighs down her lips. "...It's just hard to remember that the world is unfair sometimes... Or not remember - but truly recognize, at your very core. In a just world, the wicked would be punished and the good would flourish... But the world is not just - which I suppose is why it is so important that we fight for it to be."

An imposing Luminary nods in affirmation, "Should the grace of our Divine bearing the banner of Light combined, and our efforts as the Beacon strive to remember these things..." he takes a deep breath, nodding, "Then we as a whole, unified can embody such ideals for a just existence."

An imposing Luminary says, "You are wise for your age young Luminary."

A soft laugh escapes Lucie's chest, the sound light as her unfocused gaze seeks out an imposing Luminary. "If I am wise, it is because I have the wisdom to know that I have quite a lot still to learn," the young Yeleni warmly says. "...Like how to ring bells, for example!" she adds, with a playful grin.

An imposing Luminary says, "It is knowing that, and preventing Apathy that makes us wise...we are -never- done learning."

An imposing Luminary says, "Do not be a stranger now, you know where to find me if you ever need a reminder."

Lucie laughs once more, nodding her head. "Thank you, sir. I appreciate you sharing -your- wisdom with me."

An imposing Luminary's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Lucie closes the distance between herself and a magnificent bell once more, her hand touching its cool surface lightly.

You smile and say to an imposing Luminary, "...Again, thank you for your time... And for assistance with the bell. Music is the one thing I can enjoy just as well as the next person. It's special like that... It goes directly to your soul instead of stopping by your eyes first."

You perform a graceful curtsey towards an imposing Luminary.

You say to an imposing Luminary, "Burn brightly!"
MelanthaGwenith

Comments

• Ah, yes. My secret mantra. I'm pleased that Lucie remembered and was able to bring it up, even if only in passing. This was a very enjoyable read! Her behavior was perfectly consistent with the image I've come to associate with her, and I was grinning the whole way through. So many things to like about this log. One thing that stood out to me was when the guard mentioned his family. It's too easy, I think, for the guards to fade into the background. Come to that, city streets aren't ever as empty as they appear. They're filled with faceless extras, and only when one of them is named and a mob created for them do they really come to our attention. Otherwise, the only time we'd ever really idle is within places explicitly without other people, such as Havens and the artifact wing exits. You have the right idea with the random roleplaying, so keep it up!
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!