January Promotion 2015

edited January 2015 in Town Crier
ANNOUNCE NEWS #2357
Date: 1/15/2015 at 16:58
To : Everyone
Subj: New January promotion

Cryptic Chests (and the 25% credit sale) are sadly leaving us, and for the rest of January we have a new promotion in place - the evolving artifact! Purchasing 100cr will get you the riding crop artifact which has various powers related to mounts.

At just 100cr, the riding crop will only have one power, but as you purchase more credits, the crop will gain additional powers. This is cumulative with all your purchases throughout this promotion, so purchasing 100cr now and 400cr later will you get all the powers up to the 500cr threshold.

If the riding crop is undesirable to you, you can trade it in for 25cr multiplied by the number of powers it has. e.g. if your riding crop is at the 500cr threshold, you can trade it in for 125cr (5 powers*25cr).

Here's the thresholds and what power it gets you. These thresholds are based off your base credit purchase, so any bonus credits (e.g. from the membership) do not apply. These powers will work for whatever mount you currently have out and active:

100cr:
Gets you the riding crop + its base power: Your mount is immune to fearing abilities.

200cr:
You can now ORDER EMOTE

300cr:
If your mount is attacked when you're not in the room with it, it'll panic and roam out of the room, making it harder to kill. If you are online you'll be alerted that your mount is being attacked, but not by who.

400cr:
Your mount will take 10% less damage from attacks.

500cr:
Riding your mount gives you an extra +1 to your maximum moves per second.

600cr:
Who said you shouldn't beat a dead horse? Your mount's corpse will go to your inventory if killed and you can revive your mount by pointing the crop at it. Only works once per Aetolian year so if the corpse decays while it's on cooldown you're out of luck!

700cr:
Leaping over someone blocking an exit while on your mount will cause your mount to kick them to the ground as they pass by, dealing damage, stun and prone.

800cr:
Your mount will take 30% less damage from attacks.

900cr:
Your mount has a 15% chance to intercept NPC attacks upon you, blocking it. This can only proc once every 5 minutes.

1000cr:
Mounts equipped with saddlebags can now sell the goods they have in them! Use PRICE MOUNT , and people can ASK WARES/BUY FROM like a normal NPC seller. Saddlebags are sold from the city stables and allow your mount to hold 15 items. Items return to your inventory if mount dies. This does not support most of the features an actual shop has and is a simplistic one item at a time system. Things like kegs, shelves, price policies, cache, etc are non-existent. Items will also still decay.

1100cr:
You gain a new Horsemanship ability to have your mount track you to any outdoors player on same continent/plane instantly. Only works once per Howling.

1200cr:
You'll now be told the name of the person attacking your mount, if you're online.

1300cr:
You can CRACK CROP to gain a monolith effect for 10 minutes. Only works once per Howling.

1400cr:
Track ability now works once per four hours.

1500cr:
If you are offline and your mount is attacked, it will flee to the stables.

1600cr:
Saddlebags can now hold 30 items.

1700cr:
Your mount's chance to intercept an attack is increased to 30% and has a 2 minute cooldown.

1800cr:
Track ability now works once per hour.

1900cr:
Your mount will take 50% less damage from attacks.

2000cr:
Saddlebags can now hold 50 items.
DristinAlissandraObyn[Deleted User]Ishin

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I like it!

Also... I fixed it for you:

If the riding crop is undesirable to you, you can trade it in for 30cr multiplied by the number of
    powers it has. e.g. if your riding crop is at the 500cr threshold, you can trade it in for 150cr (5
    powers*25cr30cr).
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Oops, it's only supposed to be 25cr, not 30. I'll edit that.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2015
    These look really cool but what's the time window? These stacking promos seem to have unforgiving time frames. Like for the November promo I really wanted the top tier stuff but wouldn't have the cash by the end of the month so I ended up not buying anything at all. 2k credits are not cheap for most of us - over 2 or 3 months that's a purchase I could budget in but within one month it's not feasible...Is there any chance an extended time frame can be considered?

- Do saddlebags decay? If so are there arti versions? What happens to the stuff inside when they decay?

- does the riding crop bind to a specific mount or is it applicable to whatever mount you have out? I have a script to summon a random mount each time - would the effects work on each one?

- Does the mount take damage when intercepting npc attacks? Carni hounds do and that means they fall asleep nonstop. If your mount falls asleep you can't move which could get frustrating...

- Does the leap effect proc through shield? Does it do damage to icewalls?

- Are ents losing the ability to emote? :(

Edit: ugh why does mobile version of forums not respect line breaks anymore...

Edit 2: ok I think it's formatted now. Sorry for wall of text...
    AlissandraGwenithIshinXenia
  • I wanted to echo the sentiments put down by @Moirean . I would have loved to put together some scratch for the November promotion, but it just wasn't feasible in such a short time period. Now I'm trying to keep a reserve incase something as good comes back. Though I'm tempted to try and get enough for 1000 credits to get the mini-shop because it would be hilarious to sell things out of a saddlebag. It would be like "Here is Alissandra's stolen goods, come buy them! Yay!" Or something.
    MoireanXenia
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @Dristin @Razmael @Oleis let me get this correct if all I want is the:
    100cr:
    Gets you the riding crop + its base power: Your mount is immune to fearing abilities.
    500cr:
    As I already own an artefact mount I do not really require the other stuff. So in theory I can trade in the powers between 100cr and 500cr and still retain the +1 movement and anti-fear. Right?

Just a bit confused on the process sorry and thank you in advance.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Riluo said:

@Dristin @Razmael @Oleis let me get this correct if all I want is the:

100cr:
    500cr:
    As I already own an artefact mount I do not really require the other stuff. So in theory I can trade in the powers between 100cr and 500cr and still retain the +1 movement and anti-fear. Right?

Just a bit confused on the process sorry and thank you in advance.

Afraid not. The trade-in is all or nothing.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    :( I blame @Zsadist everything is his fault!

Also no worries, it is not a huge thing.

Ishin
    Hrm the flee to stables thing seems to undercut the saddlebags? Like, I was thinking, oh cool, people could set up mini-marketplaces, but one person walking in and kicking mounts would stop it...
    Ishin
    Moirean said:

Is there any chance an extended time frame can be considered?

Unfortunately this is controlled by IRE corporate and not something I have any control over, and the promo will probably end at the start of February as per usual. If there's enough interest from people in having extra time to purchase it, I can talk to them and suggest an extension, but it'd be on the order of an extra week or two, not months.
    Moirean said:

- Do saddlebags decay? If so are there arti versions? What happens to the stuff inside when they decay?

They don't decay, it's a permanent addition to your mount.
    Moirean said:

- does the riding crop bind to a specific mount or is it applicable to whatever mount you have out? I have a script to summon a random mount each time - would the effects work on each one?

Whatever mount you have out.
    Moirean said:

- Does the mount take damage when intercepting npc attacks? Carni hounds do and that means they fall asleep nonstop. If your mount falls asleep you can't move which could get frustrating...

Nope.
    Moirean said:

- Does the leap effect proc through shield? Does it do damage to icewalls?

It'll proc through shield. No damage to icewalls, only player blockers.
    Moirean said:

- Are ents losing the ability to emote? :(

Nope, horsemanship steeds have just never had the ability to emote.

MoireanIshin
    Moirean said:

Hrm the flee to stables thing seems to undercut the saddlebags? Like, I was thinking, oh cool, people could set up mini-marketplaces, but one person walking in and kicking mounts would stop it...

That's a good point. I can probably change that effect to only happen when the mount is near death.
    Moirean
    Razmael said:

Moirean said:

Is there any chance an extended time frame can be considered?

Unfortunately this is controlled by IRE corporate and not something I have any control over, and the promo will probably end at the start of February as per usual. If there's enough interest from people in having extra time to purchase it, I can talk to them and suggest an extension, but it'd be on the order of an extra week or two, not months.
    Darn. :( Two weeks is a short time frame.

Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Promos this far reaching really do need more time to them, given the limitations of schedules and pay frequency. Is that something ya'll can bring up with the big BIG boys? Similar to how our artisinals are (allegedly?) on a multi-month basis, have an overarching big promo for 2-3 months, then smaller little things turning over each month. Double crit tuesdays, the ig artie drops from bashing, etc.
    KendriMoirean
  • Areka said:

Promos this far reaching really do need more time to them, given the limitations of schedules and pay frequency. Is that something ya'll can bring up with the big BIG boys? Similar to how our artisinals are (allegedly?) on a multi-month basis, have an overarching big promo for 2-3 months, then smaller little things turning over each month. Double crit tuesdays, the ig artie drops from bashing, etc.

That really would be nice. The smaller monthly promos could then(potentially) focus more on player activity, something that is good for profitability in the long run. More players active(not afk)=more fun=more money spent.

I mean, the promo is neat and the mini shop thing looks cool. But there is no way I could pull $300 together in two weeks just after christmas. So it just becomes, eh.

Food for thought!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Or alternate things. 1 long tiered promo with smaller activity things, then three grabbag promos, etc.

The money money money becomes exhausting, especially when it doesn't really fit around the biweekly pay schedule. The things like cryptic chests and giftbags and grabs are fine more frequently because any range is equal. The tiered ones are where it becomes an issue.

However, I don't know what kind of data up upstairs looks at when working on promos, and how much the -average- pay schedule and the annual cycle with hills and valleys are considered or planned around.
    Alissandra
    It's one of those things. If people start to buy, we'll have no trouble getting it extended into next month. If no one buys, it'll come across as lack of interest in the promotion and we'll have to move on. We will certainly do our best to extend, though.
    [---]
    Ishin
    The thing is, with this promo it's an all or nothing sort of thing. I didn't buy ANYTHING in November, because I knew, while I had *some* cash, I wouldn't have enough by the end of the month to get the stuff I wanted, so it meant buying anything would just be wasting money. I ended up just not spending at all.

Also, if you're going to buy 2k credits, it's basically just wasting money if you don't buy it in one go, given how credit prices get cheaper the more you buy. So starting to buy may extend the promo, but it's also a straight waste of money.

End of the day, it's my money and your business. I'll have my money free when it's free. I'm not going to throw extra money at you guys earlier to extend the promo. If the promo gets cut off before my money is available, then I just won't spend anything.

I *want* to give you guys $600. IRE, up top, is making that hard to happen. I also would have given you guys $600 a month ago had the November promo extended into December. Please pass this on - people want to throw money at you, but the short duration is making it difficult and discouraging us from doing it.
    Alissandra
    Moirean said:

The thing is, with this promo it's an all or nothing sort of thing. I didn't buy ANYTHING in November, because I knew, while I had *some* cash, I wouldn't have enough by the end of the month to get the stuff I wanted, so it meant buying anything would just be wasting money. I ended up just not spending at all.

Also, if you're going to buy 2k credits, it's basically just wasting money if you don't buy it in one go, given how credit prices get cheaper the more you buy. So starting to buy may extend the promo, but it's also a straight waste of money.

End of the day, it's my money and your business. I'll have my money free when it's free. I'm not going to throw extra money at you guys earlier to extend the promo. If the promo gets cut off before my money is available, then I just won't spend anything.

I *want* to give you guys $600. IRE, up top, is making that hard to happen. I also would have given you guys $600 a month ago had the November promo extended into December. Please pass this on - people want to throw money at you, but the short duration is making it difficult and discouraging us from doing it.

Like I said, we're going to strongly suggest extending it. I was just trying to give insight into how these conversations usually work, not saying "it's your fault if it doesn't get extended." No amount of persuasion on your part is going to affect our actions, because we're already trying to help.
    [---]
    [Deleted User]Ishin
  • As this riding crop has zero use to me(I have Inept Horsemanship and don't plan on ever learning it), I am interested in trading in the riding crop. 'artifact crop tradein' doesn't seem to work, and 'promo tradein crop' isn't working. Is this one of those things were we have to manually contact someone? It's not made very clear in the announcement post.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Malok said:

As this riding crop has zero use to me(I have Inept Horsemanship and don't plan on ever learning it), I am interested in trading in the riding crop. 'artifact crop tradein' doesn't seem to work, and 'promo tradein crop' isn't working. Is this one of those things were we have to manually contact someone? It's not made very clear in the announcement post.

Should work now, I forgot to assign the value.
    MalokIshin
    Just talked with the folks at IRE,

In the future when we next run this kind of tiered sale, we'll be giving people the option to resume their progress on their riding crop artifact.

We've also decided to extend the promotion until the middle of February, so you have a longer timeframe to get in on the promo this time around.
    MoireanArekaKerrynIshin
  • With this promotion being extended until the middle of February, are we still going to get the monthly promo at the beginning of February or will we not get the next promo until mid-February?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin
    The next one will begin when this one ends.
    [---]
    Zsadist
  • It's a shame saddlebag items decay. I understand why they can't be non-decay, but... yeah.
    Moirean
  • Oleis said:

The next one will begin when this one ends.

Wouldn't that kind of cause the same problem there is now? Or will that promotion last for 30 or so days instead of ending at the end of February?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ArekaIshinMalok
  • edited January 2015
    Depending on the promo, the next one might not matter if it is short. Not all are cumulative.
    Personally, I'm ambivalent about this one. I like the concept though (apparently you had another evolving arti one last year, but I wasn't around at the time so for me this is a new concept).

Edit:
    The bonus movement/sec at 500cr is cool though. Mounts already give +1, so with the extra from the crop, + celerity and divine speed it's a whopping +4 moves per second. And iirc the base movement speed is 3.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    This is the difference:
    • 5.8secs from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis without crop
    • 5.7secs from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop
    Test two all mounted:
    • 3.5 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop, xons slippers, vamp celerity and divine_celerity.
    • 3.9from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop, xons slippers and vamp celerity.
    • 5.8 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop and vamp celerity.
    • 5.9 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with nothing but mount and vamp celerity.
    @Razmael @Oleis the mount +1 from the "riding crop" seems odd as it is only 0.1secs difference, is it meant to be faster?

• I think there's a difference between +1 movement speed and +1 extra moves per second.
    Riluo said:

This is the difference:

• 5.8secs from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis without crop
    • 5.7secs from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop
    Test two all mounted:
    • 3.5 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop, xons slippers, vamp celerity and divine_celerity.
    • 3.9from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop, xons slippers and vamp celerity.
    • 5.8 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with crop and vamp celerity.
    • 5.9 from the Bloodloch Pylon to the tear of lleis with nothing but mount and vamp celerity.
    @Razmael @Oleis the mount +1 from the "riding crop" seems odd as it is only 0.1secs difference, is it meant to be faster?
    What are you using to pathfind?
    [---]
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @Oleis I was doing PATH FIND vnumber

Distance to The Tear of Lleis: 51.
    Path: w, n, ne, ne, e, e, se, se, s, e, e, s, ne, ne, se, e, ne, n, ne, nw, w, u, u, sw, s, e, u, u, u, w, ne, n, se, se, se, s, s, se, s, e, se, e, sw, se, se, se, se, sw, w, sw, nw
    Use PATH GO to travel there.

Then click path go to gallop there.

Riluo said:

@Oleis I was doing PATH FIND vnumber

Distance to The Tear of Lleis: 51.
    Path: w, n, ne, ne, e, e, se, se, s, e, e, s, ne, ne, se, e, ne, n, ne, nw, w, u, u, sw, s, e, u, u, u, w, ne, n, se, se, se, s, s, se, s, e, se, e, sw, se, se, se, se, sw, w, sw, nw
    Use PATH GO to travel there.

Then click path go to gallop there.

PATH FIND runs on a tick, which tends to average out pretty fast, but it could be a limiting factor on this. Realistically, the difference between 6 moves a second and 7 IS relatively small over the course of a path find, but someone who is fleeing combat (or chasing) will probably see a difference if they spam a few moves and don't get hit with the hard limit.
    [---]
    MoireanTrager
This discussion has been closed.