Mafia: Nineteen Eighty-Four

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I didn't bandwagon! I'm voting the same way I did last round, for the same reasons, you just forgot in your Rho-is-a-male panic attack.

I am cute though!
  • I'm having a panic attack in the fact that Kiyo didn't know Rho was male.

Regardless... As Ilyon -was- obviously the Democrat, I'm guessing he used his power and most likely did write the note. That being said, Alexina must be mafia.

VOTE: Alexina
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Ilyon struck down, and the Democrat, the note makes sense to me, Pieces of the puzzle falling together it seems.

VOTE: Alexina
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Brighter red, damn you. 
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Aarbrok
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    You're all so mean.

I'm going to vote for Kiyotan, since he's the instigator behind all this.

I have a hunch that the mafia wrote the message about me. I am guessing they used their wicked powers and found the Democrat and decided they wanted majority by casting suspicions at me. Seriously, all these people doing nothing but silently voting and jumping on bandwagons is kind of unsettling.

Ugh.

I'm too young to die. Think of the children. And Qeddwyn Galleus Razmael!

Rally, townsfolk, let's kill this unmentionable horror that is Kiyotan.
  • edited January 2013
    Zun has voted for Kiyotan.
    Damonicus has voted for Zun. 
    Kiyotan has voted for Alexina. 
    Arbre has voted for Alexina. 
    Periluna has voted for Alexina. 
    Aarbrok has voted for Alexina. 
    Total votes for Kiyotan: 1
    Total votes for Zun: 1
    Total votes for Alexina: 4 

"Back off!" Alexina says, as the crowd begins to surround her. "I mean it! You'll kill me for getting the Democrat?! You're lucky the party even bothers with you meat bags." She spouts aimlessly, the color draining from her face as she realizes the inevitable. 

Alexina has been killed - she was an inner party member. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

You obviously did not read my post. I strongly suggest you alter your vote. 
  • edited January 2013
    A reminder from the sign-up thread: 

People of Oceania/Goldstein Brotherhood (Town): The town is compromised of two parts - regular townies and the Goldstein Brotherhood (PR roles), AKA townies with special abilities.  

Ability: PRs will be released along with the rules in the next mafia thread. 

Win condition: Wins once all mafia are dead. 

Party/Big Brother (Mafia): Big brother is watching. 

Ability: PRs will be released along with the rules in the next mafia thread. 

Win condition: The party members win once the mafia outnumbers the town.  

Citizens of Oceania still kickin': 

The thought police officer is still policing. 
    The reflector is still reflecting.
    One other inner party member is still plotting. 
    The bleeder is in good health. 
    4 normal townies are still alive. 
    Mafia: 3
    Town: 5
    The win conditions have not been met. 
    It is now NIGHT. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Yes, we are one citizen away from losing, aren't we.
  • edited January 2013
    No. Three. 

Townies and mafia winCons are dead even at the moment. 

• edited January 2013
    The 24 hour deadline is rapidly approaching. I only have one vote from a mafia member. To reach majority I need at least two. Prods have gone out. If you have a prod message, you'll want to reply within 48 hours by completing your action, being vocal in the thread, or sending me a message to verify you are still interested. If I don't hear from you, you run the risk of joining the unpersons list. With the end so close please don't let your lack of interaction turn the tide of the game. There are other players involved. Reminder: You receive a prod if you haven't interacted in the thread, and/or carried out a valuable action. 

Has the deadline been met?
  • edited January 2013
    The members of Oceania awaken to find all is well. 

It is now DAY. 

EDIT: 

Live Oceanians: 
    Malak
    Kiyotan
    Damonicus
    Zun 
    Periluna
    Tree
    Aarbrok
    Demarcus

List of unpersons:
    Aldric
    Orisae
    Rho 
    Ilyon
    Alexina 

Alright, so nothing happened with the mafia. Presumably, it is because not enough of them voted. That being said, I haven't heard from Malak or Demarcus in a while. They've gone quiet, and the mafia is apparently missing votes. Coincidence?
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Nope. Just a looooong day at work.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Heeheehee I got called Tree.
  • edited January 2013
    Arbre said:
    Heeheehee I got called Tree.
    It's been that way... PAY ATTENTION!
    Well, since no one else seems willing to take a stab, I'm going to

Vote: Malak

on the grounds that his absence coincides with the lack of mafia votes. 
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Works for me.

Vote: Malak
  • edited January 2013
    A loud clap of thunder proceeds a blinding thunder bolt that -just- misses Periluna. 

Please don't edit posts. 

• Ooops. It was a format error - sorry!!!!!!!!
  • ALSO! I happen to agree about Malak. His post have been infrequent and even if he's not Inner Party, he's not participating.

VOTE: Malak
  • Vote: Malak

• Vote: Malak
  • The people of Oceania stomp through the town, throwing open all doors. "Where are you, you coward?!" They demand, until they get to the city hall and thunder up the steps. One person happens to throw open the broom closet door in the entrance and there Malak is - snoring away. They grab his arms and hoist him up but he's such a sound sleeper that he doesn't even awake as he is brutally murdered. 

Malak has been killed - he was thought police. 

It is now NIGHT. 

Goddamn. I am really good at this game!
    Question! Now that the TP is dead, can his target still be killed if they say the forbidden buzzwords?
  • That's a great question. The answer is no. The thought police officer is dead and the remaining mafia were not clued in on the hit. If he is not alive to be 'reported' to, he has no access to the kill. 

• Which means two left. The reflector and an inner party member. Plus the Bleeder.

• So question now, Mafia is majority vote correct, so if only one responds tonight is it still a safe night?