Hearthstone

Sooo... @Moirean recently got me addicted to this game, and I can't stop playing it. After a few matches versus her last night (I actually beat Moirean at something, woop woop) I realized it's much more fun playing with people you know, or people you can commentate back and forth with on skype while the match is going.

Who here plays? I'm totally new to all of this stuff so I'm not 100% sure what you need to play against people, but it'd be fun to play other Aetolians! Maybe down the road we could even arrange a little tournament or something.
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
Moirean

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I would happily front some credit prizes!
  • Did I mention that it's free? If you're not playing it already and are looking for a fun game to pass the time, give it a shot!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I have been known to play this game from time to time >_>

Aldric
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    I just started playing it. Add me! Ymbryne#1563
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    I, too, just started playing it. SirRidire#1981
  • Slyviolin!

Politics
    I'm jjloraine#1992
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Eiderann#1217

• I'm HornedBurger#1750 by the way, if any of you guys get a weird-sounding friend request thingy.
  • Double post, but let me just tell you all that @Hadrak does not mess around. Holy oh my god.
    I'm so sorry! :(

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Can verify. Still licking my wounds.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aldric
  • I feel left out there is no numbers in my tag :(

Politics
  • Oleis said:

Can verify. Still licking my wounds.

I was waiting for her to finish a match, so I started one myself and sent a PM saying, "Hey, just started a match, figure we can fight as soon as we're both done."

Her response was, "Shouldn't be long, matches only take 4-5 minutes tops."

Yup, no exaggeration there.
    Unless you're mega good at the game. Which I am not.

I am so, so excited for Goblins vs Gnomes.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/718-gvg-card-reveal-53-new-cards-upcoming-balance

Each and every one of those legendaries is hysterical. BRING ON THE MURLOCS.

• Want:

I neeeeeed this for my hunter deck.

(That right there looks OP!)

Cuuuuute. (Or totally awesome. Ahem. Need more beasts.)
    Moirean
    I must have missed the part where they gave Hunters totems.
  • Serephima#1372 -- I finally figured out my blizzrd stuff

• I dunno who was in charge of balancing, but you're stupid if you play anything other than Priest/Druid. Hello infinite hp...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

It's only 2 hp per 2 mana for the default priest heal. Most attacks do far more damage than that. Druid only have heals on certain cards.
  • TozToz
    edited December 2014
    Moirean said:

It's only 2 hp per 2 mana for the default priest heal. Most attacks do far more damage than that. Druid only have heals on certain cards.

2 HP per heal + a ton of blockers + a ton of other innate heals. I'm just getting rolled non-stop by people who have cards I've never even SEEN, let alone have access to.

EDIT: Seriously, wtf.
    sorc's apprentice
    knife juggler
    sludge belcher
    slime
    mana wyrmx2
    frostboltx2*
    water elemental*
    arcane intellect*
    firebolt*
    arcane missile*

* - I have seen/access to.

That was a whole game I played against the mage chick - I have her maxed out with 20/20. Wtf.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited December 2014
    A lot of it is collecting cards, @Toz‌ . Until you get a lot more, you're going to get rolled simply because they have better cards. Just because you have her "maxed out" doesn't mean you have all the cards yet.

Doing the quests is a good way to collect gold for decks... and then there is of course just outright buying them for $$.
  • Oh man, I just managed to pull this off on somebody and I'm so happy.

...I'm starting to really like priest.
    Moirean
  • Aldric said:

Oh man, I just managed to pull this off on somebody and I'm so happy.

...I'm starting to really like priest.

And that is why I keep Polymorph in hand until really needed.

MoireanAldric

Awwwwwwwwww yisssssssssssss.

Aldric
  • I didn't get a legendary in any of my packs D:
  • I will admit, I downloaded and played. My little user name thing is QuirkyTurtle. I get roflstomped really bad. I played in the arena and it felt like Aetolia pvp just with cards. How do I know if any of the cards I got from my packs are any good? 
  • edited December 2014
    Trial and error, really. The more you play the better a handle you get for deciding which cards have the best synergy together. The more people you play, the more cards you get to see working together in action, and the more cards you unlock along the way.

The arena is super tough in my experience. I've only been playing for about two weeks or so now, but it wasn't until last night that I managed to even score more than one win in the arena (yay three in a row, woop) - usually it's 3 losses in a row and I'm out.

If I had any advice, I'd start off in the beginning trying to play the computer and get each hero to level 10 so that you at least get all of the basic cards for each one. You also get a decent chunk of gold for this, so that's neat!

Once you get all of the basic cards in a deck, if you're still having trouble putting together a deck, Google '(class) basic deck hearthstone' and you should be presented with a nice little starter deck that only uses basic cards everybody should have.
    Moirean