October Liaisons

2»

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'm just not sure there's a need for condemnation here. Rather than coming up with weapons ourselves, we're going to work with people who actually play the class to come up with new, interesting options. There isn't a pressing need (it's not breaking anything, it's a missed opportunity) and there were no appealing options (because we don't want to give the existing polearms to Templar).
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited January 2015
    Spear is a small blade. This isn't about the existing Polearms or giving them specifically to Templar.

While more unique options would be great, there's an existing frustration with forging, the spread, and use of -existing weapons that are rarely used or touched and unnecessary mechanical limitations that do not add anything to the game-.

Edit: I'm sorry for the condemnation. I'm frustrated, and disappointed, and disheartened, because it's a part of the game I'm very involved in and I do not feel like the conversation is adequate. Promises of talks down the road after it's already been not-rejected-but-stated-as-a-non-topic-for-discussion-so-still-closed? rubs the fur wrong, so to speak.

And, it doesn't address the existing forging imbalance,, which this was to help touch on, to make use of things that are already here and underused.
    Rilath