classes.

This round, the general population will be able to submit 2 reports and
liaison members will get 6. Liaison members still have the ability to
directly submit reports you've written. Ask them if you think you have
something more to offer, but please be respectful of their own time and
efforts! I'd highly encourage you to make a forums thread for
coordination and friendly critique. The more you work together on these
reports, the better they'll be.

Am I missing something, the last news about liaison was 'part one' ... what happened to part two?? @Oleis‌

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2314
Date: 9/29/2014 at 7:06
To : Everyone
Subj: Liaison changes part 1

^^ .. Not trying to be a donkey, Just confused to what happened to part two..
Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    There are five or six reports left, which will be rolled out before or alongside this round.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ashmer
  • Thanks @Oleis I thought I missed some reports :P

So you agree Im not going crazyyy!!

Also its a great idea to redo a liaison round :)
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    edited December 2014
    Since there's been significant silence on this topic, I wanted to update you all.

I knew going in that any liaison reports would have to wait until the multiclass revamp was pushed out before I could even -begin- to code them, just from a logistical standpoint with the way codebases work. At the time, I couldn't anticipate the vampire changes (and the time involved) that we'd add on to the big multiclass revamp, but I'm happy overall that we stuck to the quarterly schedule.

I've just pushed the October reports out to the liaisons for testing. Together, we'll make sure it's as bug-free as possible and push the changes out to you before the end of the year. Check here for a changelog a few days before we release so that you can start to make system adjustments, etc.
    [---]
    RiluoIshin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Thank you

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It seems a few bugs cropped up with the multiclass changes, one of the most notable and impacting being the inability to earthmeld. Will these be folded into the changes being coded?
  • Pleeeeease fix earthmeld.
    Infin
    I can fix that this afternoon. A lot of this stuff just doesn't come to my attention for one reason or another. Sorry about that!
    [---]
    Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    While you are there can you peek at diffuse mist code? It feels like it's not taking spirit anchor into account but I don't want to die a bunch to test it >_>
  • IIRC spirit anchor doesn't work for vampires..?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Spirit Anchor has worked for vampires for years. The recent changes may have messed with that, however.
    Yeah, I'll check that out as well.
    [---]
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'll check you out, bb.
    SetneRiluo
    I have an earthmeld fix that I have to wait a hot minute to upload. I don't see anything to suggest that spirit_anchor is misbehaving.
    [---]
    Earthmeld is fixed.
    [---]
    IshinDraiman
  • Obyn said:

Spirit Anchor has worked for vampires for years. The recent changes may have messed with that, however.

I skimmed the announce posts for spirit anchor and I found post #1164. Post stated that undead sequence was synched up to living sequence and that the spirit anchor now worked for -undead-. I can't find anything in the changelogs with spirit anchors, either, so was this a change that wasn't announced?

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

Obyn said:

Spirit Anchor has worked for vampires for years. The recent changes may have messed with that, however.

I skimmed the announce posts for spirit anchor and I found post #1164. Post stated that undead sequence was synched up to living sequence and that the spirit anchor now worked for -undead-. I can't find anything in the changelogs with spirit anchors, either, so was this a change that wasn't announced?
    #1776 - 11/19/2010 at 6:14 - Galleus, the Sky Sovereign
    Bug Fixes
    -The spirit_anchor artifact power now affects the Entomb ability
  • Derp, didn't do spirit_anchor. Thanks.

Just an update to clarify now that Christmas is over:

We had a little delay as I stopped to rewrite how quivers work. Now, rather than being stored in a complicated and horrifying system of hacks, quivers are a clean, easily-accessed database. Colors and dyeing are OUT. You will now manipulate arrows solely with their venom or type. OUTQ 5 CURARE, ENVENOM 5 ARROWS WITH EPSETH, etc. I'm sorry for the delay but it's already worth it.
    [---]
    Riluo
  • edited December 2014
    Um, wrong thread....nothing to see here folks.
    (Except the valuable liaison things that are here!)
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Oleis said:
    Just an update to clarify now that Christmas is over: We had a little delay as I stopped to rewrite how quivers work. Now, rather than being stored in a complicated and horrifying system of hacks, quivers are a clean, easily-accessed database. Colors and dyeing are OUT. You will now manipulate arrows solely with their venom or type. OUTQ 5 CURARE, ENVENOM 5 ARROWS WITH EPSETH, etc. I'm sorry for the delay but it's already worth it.
    We love you.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DraimanAshmer
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Oleis said:

Just an update to clarify now that Christmas is over:

We had a little delay as I stopped to rewrite how quivers work. Now, rather than being stored in a complicated and horrifying system of hacks, quivers are a clean, easily-accessed database. Colors and dyeing are OUT. You will now manipulate arrows solely with their venom or type. OUTQ 5 CURARE, ENVENOM 5 ARROWS WITH EPSETH, etc. I'm sorry for the delay but it's already worth it.

ALL MY CODING AN ARROW TRACKER FOR NAUGHT D:
    For real though, shouldn't be too difficult to fix it, whenever I get a new quiver, and arrows.

Is there an artie quiver?

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • There is an artie everything, my good man.
    AmberleaTrager

Animation
    ---------
    [1829] Fend is now learned at 50% Adept, in order to provide lower-skilled players more accessible damage mitigation.

Deathlore
    ---------
    [1812] I have raised the cap on Skewer's Bloodburst proc to 2000 (up from 1000).

Devotion
    --------
    [1808] Gravehands, Spiritchains, and Piety will operate at half-efficacy if the owner is out of the room.

Domination
    ----------
    [1867] Firelord Sear now has a 2.5s equilibrium time.
    [1875] Cabalist bubonises targeting physical now have an equal chance to deliver the hypochondria affliction.

Enchantment
    -----------
    [1637] New enchantment: Discernment. Creates "the shining eye of Lanos", which grants limited powers simlar to Vision Discernment.

Ferality
    --------
    [1842] Flurry is now dodgeable and the limb damage has been lowered.
    [1869] Faceslash will now give blurry_vision instead of disfigurement.

Hematurgy
    ---------
    [1864] Umbrage stacks will now be removed every 20 seconds, up from every 10. The precision of the timer has also been improved.

Illumination
    ------------
    [1858] If EVOKE FIRE hits a shielded target who also has Infernal Shroud or Infernal Seal, the target will experience bloodlust for 10 seconds.

Misc
    ----
    [1810] Savagery Hooking and Primality Slam will no longer cause balance loss in the target.
    [1813] Savagery Pulverize, Hematurgy Umbrage, Spirituality Overwhelm and Sciomancy Voidgaze now have costs associated with condition failures such as attempting to pulverize without the target's having a crushed chest. Many abilities have these costs already, but many more are missing. Feel free to suggest others in future reports. Penalties are roughly 40% of the usual balance/equilibrium cost.
    [1839] As noted in Changelog 780, the Typical statpack now has 13 dexterity and 12 intelligence.
    [1860] You may now CONFIG AUCTIONALERTS to be notified of new auction items.
    [1866] Swinging up now has a 1 second balance cost.

Necromancy
    ----------
    [1809] BELCH will now cause a fog effect in the room at a much lower EQ. Necrofeed has been removed.

Omitted
    -------
    [1815] The solution we settled on would be minimally helpful and we don't consider the problem terribly pressing. We can re-evaluate in a later round.
    [1823] Unfortunately, this proved to be significantly more difficult than we anticipated. We'll look at a more thorough work on curing code in general sometime this year.
    [1837] After more reflection, there were no weapon types that were thematically appropriate for Templar without infringing on the identities of other classes. Not ideologically opposed to the report by any means, but there was no clear solution (and no pressing need to reinvent the wheel to suit the problem at this point)
    [1872] The wand and crystal tattoos clear at the top of the IG day. It is probably easier for all involved to just use that message for tracking whether you can use the tattoos.

Sanguis
    -------
    [1876] The balance and eq penalties on Blood Curse and Blood Poison have been lowered.

Sciomancy
    ---------
    [1851] Stonespike and Frostspike have received damage boosts.

Shamanism
    ---------
    [1868] Premonition will now fade 5 seconds after leaving the Shaman. The timer will be reset if you re-enter the Shaman's room.

Spirituality
    ------------
    [1832] Angel Refuge is now channeled (but the channel is now significantly shorter)

Subterfuge
    ----------
    [1753] You may now append a type or venom to SNIPE or SHOOT to specify an arrow type or venom inline. This will not permanently switch the type of arrow as SWITCH would. It is simply a per-attack choice.
    [1827] Flay has been completely rewritten to use Combat Messages and clearly display the defence being flayed to caster and target in all cases.

Survival
    --------
    [1811] There are now configurable queues for health (health/analeptic and mana/stimulant), elixir/serum (levitation/euphoric, etc.), and moss/kidney.
    [1857] Crashing has received a complete rewrite. It now has a 25% chance of barreling you through walls, blocking players, or unlocked doors. Failing the check will hurl you to the ground and incur a decent balance cost.

Tarot
    -----
    [1800] Flinging Death tarot will now properly select the appropriate card for you. DEATHCARDS will show a list of all cards, their targets, and the number of rubs.
    [1804] Flinging Aeon is no longer slower than the rest of Tarot.
    [1856] You may no longer pair epseth and epteth with the Warrior tarot. Additionally, the Adder will now miss if paired with a Warrior tarot that failed to strike its target.
    [1863] Empress now has a short balance penalty (40% of usual) when it fails, siimilar to Report 1813

Tattoos
    -------
    [1859] You may now TATTOOS MEMORISE to save your current tattoo layout and TATTOOS REMEMBER to see the list later on.
    [1873] The brazier tattoo now costs 3.5s true (unmodifiable) equilibrium. Related: tumbling should now consistently take 4 seconds rather than fluctuating.

Tekura
    ------
    [1861] Punch damage in Bear stance is now at 90%, up from 70%. (For reference, Tiger stance is unmodified -- 100%)
    [1862] Wrench will now cause limb damage in addition to the mending break when targeted.

Woodlore
    --------
    [1843] The Raven's role in Woodlore Swoop is now subject to upset dodging.

Quiver changes:
    I have completely rewritten the way arrows and quivers work. DYEING has been removed. Instead, you'll simply ENVENOM 10 ARROWS WITH , SWITCH , etc. This combines with the above changes to SHOOT and SNIPE to allow SNIPE . Please bug any issues or message Oleis with questions.
    [---]
    Areka
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I am heartbroken with the renegged verdict. And disappointed. And bummed. And I disagree quite passionately. And I wish that we could have had a discussion. A dialogue. Something.
    Areka said:

I am heartbroken with the renegged verdict. And disappointed. And bummed. And I disagree quite passionately. And I wish that we could have had a discussion. A dialogue. Something.

It's not rejected. It's omitted. We're starting a round again in two weeks. That's certainly when I intended to discuss. We're going to have to create some weapon types to fit within the classes. Right now we just have spears and polearms, basically. With our heads together, we can find a balance.
    [---]
    I'm going to be MIA on a month-long trip as of Wednesday, don't know what my availability will be.

I started typing a bit, but I'm saving it for after I've cooled off.

I think you guys are completely off stance for what it is that gives specific flavour for classes (this is a thing in general - please, let Carnifex have Bastard swords, we lose absolutely nothing by it, nor do we lose anything with anyone else using a bastard sword for cleaving or beheading. Give MORE room for people to use more related things to enhance their RP and flavour and demonstrating their character's style and characterization). I think you are overly limiting things for a misplaced sense or gravity of class identity. I think you are overcomplicating things by likening it to reinventing the wheel.

MoireanLuna
  • Yeah and holy spears of righteous holiness for Luminaries, too!

*jumps over Areka's shoulder and shakesfist*
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited January 2015
    I'm not contending the point, but just to play devil's advocate from the administration's perspective:

1) In some cases, coding in another weapon type can be a bunch of extra work.
    2) This dovetails off of 1, but the more moving parts any system, structure or mechanism has (like Aet combat and weapon stats) the easier it is for something to break, and the harder it is to ensure regularity and balance across the board. Instead of just messing with bardiche stats, for instance, it would effect every single class across the board that uses a bardiche.

At least I think that's somewhere approaching a decent understanding of it, though I'm sure Rapture is a whole different monster from Lua.

That said, I like the idea of diversified weapon choices. Like holy spear for Luminary.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • He's in support of spears for Luminary, too.
    edited January 2015
    The difference is weapon types aren't types anymore. It's weapon families - they are mechanically interchangeable. I know our Templar skills *used* to work with anything, so if a wheel lock can be put on, that can be taken off.

Stat wise/Mechanically, Shortsword = Spear = Rapier = Scimitar = Battleaxe
    Javelin = Hand Axe
    Bastard = Bardiche = Halberd
    Warhammer = Greatmaul

Stats are not the issue here.

Here are some other stats for why this frustrates me so much (and forging as a whole in the game).

Scalemail is used by 33% of all classes, and 45% of armour-wearing classes.
    The next most frequent armour is Fullplate, worn by 13% of classes, or 18% of armour-wearing classes.

Four weapons are not used by any class specifically (club, handaxe, spear, trident), and are left to Weaponry (or open weapon-family skills, such as with Praenomen). This is 19% of forged weapons (and 19% which Templar cannot use despite not being paired with another class).

The 6 Spirit classes use 5 unique armour types. 1 Spirit class does not use armour at all.

The 3 Neutral classes use 2 unique armour types. 1 Neutral class does not use armour at all.

The 6.5 (Praeno/BB) Shadow classes use 2 unique armour types. This means less need of forging as there is greater overlap between classes. 2 Shadow classes do not use armour at all.

35% of all classes have a class-summoned weapon. 40% have class-summoned items.

15/21 weapons are not overlapped with any class outside of Praenomen's open-weapon-family or Weaponry.

2/21 weapons have class-based overlap.

More spread since I can't spoiler: http://pastebin.com/DyWf0QMw