Making Stone Laugh

As you replies, Haven turns his head to study you expression. Every twitch and every trace of emotion. His eyes devoured so that he might bask in them right down to his very core. He could feel the swell in his chest in its rise and fall. From the heat to the soothing sense that enveloped him, Haven accepted and embraced it all as he lifts your hand enclosed in his to his lips for a brief kiss. Upon returning his sights to their path, he asks, "What is the silliest thing you've ever done in your life time?"

Nola's brow lifts, surprised by the question. A quick grin forms, as if recalling a flood of funny or even embarrassing memories. "The very silliest?" she asks, a laugh and tease to her voice. Her thumb brushes lightly against the back of the man's hand, the touch warm like the rest of her skin. A bit of a blush, and then, "Well. I've done a few things.. I couldn't pin down the best of them all. My memories are.. filled more with things relating to duty, than they are the passing things that end up keeping me going, strangely enough." The smile settles a bit, softening, "But one time I picked up a bench at Four Corners and chunked it at Gepideth. I was really quite angry with him, though. But thinking about it now, it's funny."

Nola taps her free finger to her lip, brow creasing as she thoughtfully admits, "And I also may have made a giant, phallic-like cucumber statue of gold and planted it in Daskalos' shop once."

Nola scratches at the back of her neck, a darker blush forming as she continues with her admittance to perceived silly crimes, "..And there was the time I made a bunch of cookies with aphrodisiacs in them and passed them around to my friends."

Haven raises his brow at first, his smirk light as you explains you tiff with Gepideth but it is the cucumber statue and spiked cookies that causes the Azudim to erupt in laughter. "Truly?" He muses, his frame faintly shaking from the laughter. "My, aren't you devilish. I recall myself running a similar..." With his free hand, Haven gestures idly at the air like he might be able to grasp the word he's looking for right out of it before he settles on, "escapade. It landed me in quite a bit of hot water amongst my superiors when I held the Infernal flag still."

Lightly, Haven Locke of the Black Sun says, "It's nice finding laughter still in these dark times."

Nola pauses mid-step to stare wide-eyed at Haven, baffled into speechless silence before a broad smile cracks her expression, "It's nice to hear you laugh - I can't say I ever have," she says, partly teasing and partly sincere. She nudges Haven with her elbow, poking into his side as she asks slyly, "So, what escapade would you count as your silliest? Come now, you're in my confidence, and I've shared mine!"

---

Short and simple.
MelanthaOmeiTragerHaven

Comments

• Ahaha! Whatever would Mel think if she found out? Haven laughing? The mind boggles. And boggles further at those admissions on Nola's part. Makes me wish I had been around to see them!
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Lol Haven's not stone!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2