A fall from Corruption

Note: I'm posting this for Exayne, who unfortunately was not logging. The majority is from my point of view, but there are some tells in there that Exayne has sent and edited into the correct spots within this log.
---------------------------------------------------
Exayne’s Description:
He is a muscular Azudim that is relatively short in stature, but well muscled. His lithe body is toned, ready for quick movement at the twitch of a tail. Exayne is covered in a dark, inky black fur that seems to melt into the shadows around him, save for a long streak of purple that starts just between to pert ears that flick, listening for disturbances near by, and runs down his back to end at the tip of a long, sleek tail. On his neck, for all that can see it runs a deep furrow, as if something has clawed at him, the scar an inky black which seems to stand out despite the similar coloured fur which covers him. Surrounding it are many veins, throbbing in a slow rhythm. Under those two active ears is a feline like face, home to two crystal blue eyes their colour marred only by motes of black which swirl aimlessly around his iris. Pupils slit down the center that rest atop a soft, velvety muzzle. At the ends of his long, rope-like muscled arms are a set of sharp looking claws, similar to those found on his feet. He walks with the blessing of Slyphe. He walks with the blessing of Auresae.

[Log Starts, Xenia is just standing in Duiran with Koari and Ixmi]

A powerful black bear bounds suddenly into view, carrying Exayne upon its back.

Exayne exclaims to you, "BEARLEGS!"

Exayne sips from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel".

Exayne says, "The impossible is happening."

You have emoted: Xenia's eyes narrow upon Exayne. "What?" she asks dryly.

You drink from a delicate, hand-painted obsidian tea cup with traces of "Liquid Steel" and nearly choke on the overwhelmingly strong alcohol content, head buzzing as the kola additives kick in. Beneath it all, a faint iron aftertaste gives the ominous sensation that your gullet has been torn open by the drink's sheer potency.

Exayne says, "I've been drinking this steel stuff all day."

Exayne says, "And i'm still sober."

You say to Exayne, "That's cus it's as good as water to us now. Given our time in Spinesreach. Whiskey, that's where it's at."

Exayne grunts noncommittally.

Exayne puts some gold sovereigns in a blue pack.

Exayne sips from a battered iron cup of "Liquid Steel".

Exayne says, "What're you doing anyway."

You have emoted: Xenia gestures towards Koari and Ixmi, "Seems we're all just standing here," she replies. "You, Exayne?"

You tell Exayne, "Don't go starting trouble for me, I'm trying to meet new people!"

Exayne inclines his head quickly to the others, "I dunno, I was hunting, then I got bored, had a drink and thought 'I wonder how Bearlegs is getting on, so I rushed here to see you and now I..." he falters stumbling over his own tounge.

You have emoted: Xenia frowns at Exayne once more, shaking her head. "I was hunting earlier as well. Got a bit worn out. Now just standing and resting."

Exayne nods his head rapidly then grabs your arm, "Come onnnn!" he urges.

[I follow Exayne, Movement]

Within a dangling hammock.
Prowling about the area is a feral bahkatu predator. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see a single exit leading up.

You smirk at Exayne.

Exayne hops off his bear onto the hammock, "Let's rock it like we were going to earlier!"

Exayne gracefully hops off of a powerful black bear.

Exayne slaps a powerful black bear on the rump and sends it cantering off.

You have emoted: Xenia remains where she stands on the branch, "Earlier, you kicked me in the face and left me dangling," she points towards the edge of the hammock, "Nearly fell you know!"

Exayne jumps up and takes hold of the branch swinging on it gaily, "Come ooooooon" he urges.

You have emoted: Try as she can, Xenia is unable to withhold a smile and jumps into the hammock. "Alright," she agrees, grabbing hold of the branch. "Let's pull it really, really far back for a real nice swing!"

Exayne nods his head rapidly again, his eyes bright with excitement as he lowers himself back down the hammock and widens his stance.

You have emoted: Xenia does not stand, and shoots Exayne a warning look, "You better sit down for this," she urges, "or you'll be the one falling."

Your pose is now set as:
Xenia is seated in the hammock beside Exayne, causing it to swing wildly.

Exayne shakes his head stubbornly, "I get pull it further if I brace myself like -this-" he demonstrates, bracing himself as he pushes on the branch which moves the hammock in a slight backward curve.

You have emoted: This causes Xenia to completely lose her balance and she slides backwards, barely able to maintain her placement within the vines. "Exayne!" she exclaims, now clinging to the vines with both hands, a foot now woven within the netting of the hammock.

Exayne continues to push laughing manically as the hammock continues its slow arch backwards, the noise faltering slightly as he finds himself nearly horizontal with the branch, "Shi-" he starts but bites off the curse, his arms trembling with the effort of keeping himself, and the hammock backwards, his eyes squeezed shut as the skin behind his fur starts to show a purple strain to it.

You have emoted: Xenia clambers as best she can to maintain her balance and, reaches out to encircle one arm about Exayne's waist, pulling him away from the branch. "Just let it go, you fool. I have a firm hold on this damned hammock, but not for long!"

Exayne makes a noise as if he has sever constipation, his skin a deep purple now and his cheeks puffed out. Slowly, very slowly his torso begins to sag. Eyes opening in horror he starts at his fingers, his claws making deep furrows in the branch as they slip before the inevitable happen. *SNAP* The noise of doom, for a moment it seems like Exayne is suspended in mid air, branch in hand before he plummet, landing face first on the hammock and sliding, as if someone greased it, towards the other end, gaining speed as he goes.

You have emoted: The hammock goes swooping in one great swing towards the tree, looking as though it may very well collide. Much to your horror it does, sending a shock wave through the vines, causing both Exayne and Xenia to jolt violently about. The Idreth lets out a howl of concern and grabs at whatever she can, clinging for what may as well be her life to the woven vines.

You yell, "EXAYNE YOU FOOL!"

Exayne's eyes widen at he sees the oncoming tree, rolling wildly to the right he narrowly avoids colliding with the tree, instead, managing to straighten himself out like a pencil he shoots off the end of the hammock like a rocket! A cry which could be a plea or a very disconcerting "Wheee" trailing him as he reaches towards a distant tree he speeds towards. However any appearance of skill and daring courage ends there. Colliding headlong into the tree, a strangled cry can be heard followed by more muffled ones and a few thuds and thumps as he bounces involuntarily off branches and through leave, the sounds ending abruptly with a soft *Thud*.

You yell, "Exayne if that fall did not kill you, I surely will, you flea bag."

[Xenia moves down to the core]

Leaves and branches come tumbling down from above followed by the heavy thuds of an object hitting obstacles, suddenly a Rajamalan-looking Azudim comes crashing down with a louder thump. Exayne lay there, unmoving, sticks and branches entwined in his fur and deep cuts all over.

You have emoted: Looking shaken, Xenia bursts in, glaring at Exayne. "I nearly fell too, you fool!" she all but hollers at him, rushing to his side, and by the looks of it, not to aid the Azudim.

Exayne's foot twitches, his knee bent at an angle which surely shouldn't be possible as a lump of bloody, jagged white bone pokes from where his kneecap should be.

You have emoted: Spotting blood, Xenia's expression shifts into one of concern, and she stops near to Exayne's side, squatting low to his side. She grabs at her belt, pulling a vial of mending. "You really are a fool," she says in a hushed voice, and begins to liberally apply the slave to Exayne's leg.

Exayne’s Pose:
Exayne is here, unconscious. Deep cuts and grazes marring his black fur, bloody bone showing through a broken leg.

Your pose is now set as:
Xenia is here, kneeling beside Exayne, attempting to rouse him.

(Duiran): You say, "Ah, er, Wylliam, your assistance is needed at the Core."

(Duiran): Wylliam says, "On my way."

Wylliam tilts his head and listens intently.

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Greetings."

Wylliam gracefully hops off of a giant, snowy white-furred direwolf.

Slowly but surely the mending salve begins to work Exayne's broken leg begins to right itself despite the Azudim's unconsciousness.

Gwenith arrives from the west.

You have emoted: Xenia barely notices Wylliam's entry, instead her attentions are upon the unconscious body of Exayne. "You're such a fool," she keeps repeating, shaking her head over and over. Looking up she notices Wylliam, "Ah, good, you're hear, he's--" she gestures, "Well, he's taken a bad fall."

Wylliam arches a brow, stepping towards Exayne, "What's going on? What do you mean, bad fall?

Gwenith inclines her head politely to those around her.

Exayne's leg rights itself with a teeth grinding wrench. Arching backwards he lets out a loud gasp of pain before falling face first lapsing once more into unconsciousness.

You have emoted: From above a stray branch falls and Xenia lets out a startled yelp. "From the hammock," she attempts to explain and points a finger upwards where a downward path of broken branches, disturbed leaves offer evidence to the story.

Wylliam kneels down, gaze shifting to looking over Exayne, tucking his dhurive aside, he places a hand on Exayne shoulder, "Exayne." He states softly, giving the unconscious man a shake.

You say to Wylliam, "I, ah, I thought it was a good idea if we grabbed hold of a branch to swing upon the hammock, and then Exayne, the fool, he stood up and pulled it all too far and then, and then--."

Wylliam gaze shifts from Exayne, shifting upwards, "They broke?

The lump of fur wobbles at Wylliam pushes it however no other motion is seen from Exayne .

You have emoted: Xenia breaks, shaking her head, "He fell from the tree tops, down to here. He's such a fool."

You have emoted: Xenia holds out a vial of mending, "I tried applying this to the one leg, all twisted up it was, but--" she frowns, "This sort of healing is beyond me."

Nodding, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to you, "Keep an eye on him, see about apply mending to him, I'm going to see what damage was done to the Oak."

You see the following people here:
Taelyndara, Exayne, Gwenith, Xenia, Wylliam

Exayne draws a rattling breath, the wheezy exhale bubbling a bit as speckles of blood speckle his lips.

Gwenith carefully places her feet, shoulder-width apart as she carefully places both hands on her quarterstaff as her eyes tick to Wylliam.

You have emoted: Xenia nods slightly to Wylliam, "Ok."

Wylliam pushes up, growling, "The Oak surrounds us all, we should all be careful of how we treat it. His broken head is nothing compared if its damaged.

Wylliam glances down, frowning, "I think he'll be fine though, just keep treating him.

Gwenith nods her head emphatically.

Spreading her hands out, palms open, Gwenith's lips move faintly in a whispered plea. In response the plant-life in the immediate surroundings surges to life with astonishing vigor, overgrowth choking the area.

A shadowy figure slips out of sight to the north.

Kheoss arrives from the west.

Exayne groans suddenly, his eyes fluttering open gradually, in a murmur soft enough to be mistaken for a breeze he says, "Could've made it." before his eyes close again.

Trager enters from the west, riding a Jaziran stallion.

Gwenith lifts her quarterstaff in silence. Within a heartbeat the the flora that calls the oak comes to her aid, crawling vines from their hiding places towards Exayne.

You have emoted: Xenia returns to applying mending over Exayne, dumping the majority of the contents over his head. "Severs you right," she mutters under her breath, "causing trouble."

Wylliam rubs a hand at his jaw, "Oak seems fine, how is he Gwenith?

[At some point Aren showed up]

Aren uses Shapeshifting Scent.
Aren tilts his head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Frowning, Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says, "I I don't know... all I can do is ask for help and that's it."

Trager slips up towards to the gathering with silent, lithe steps, his hands tucked deep into the pockets of his trousers. Impassive eyes regard the situation for a time, remaining absolutely silent before finally he rumbles out, "I miss the festivities?"

You say, "I wouldn't be surprised if he also broke that chicken neck of his."

Gwenith drops to one knee and braces an open palm against the ground, absorbing energy to ease her maladies.

Exayne's outstretched hand clenches as if trying to grab something, incoherent mumbling coming from the battered mess.

Wylliam shakes his head, crouching down near Exayne, "Seems the Tracker had a fall from the upmost branches of the Oak.

You have emoted: Xenia gestures towards Exayne's prone body, "This fool fell out of the hammock," she explains to Trager. "I was only suggesting that we swing it a little more than usual, usinga branch and he took it to mean he shoudl stand up and pull it all the way as far as he could!"

Gwenith sigh as she kneels, draining the natural energies into her hand before she gives a determined gesture towards the broken man, turning the attention of the Dendarnic energies to him.

Trager's barks out a rough, gravelly laugh immediately at the response, shaking his head slowly in what can only be disbelief. "Sentinels falling from tree's, now?" he remarks curiously.

Exayne rolls over with a groan, an eerie dreamy smile plastering his otherwise mash up one could call a face. "Like a firecracker." he murmurs happily.

You have emoted: "A cat at that," Xenia adds, any concern in her expression melting away to annoyance. "YOU!" she shouts at Exayne, smacking him in the shoulder, "I nearly fell out of that damned hammock too, you fool."

Exayne's grins at you, the smile faltering as his head lolls to the side revealing an old scar, the wound pumping jet black blood onto the grass.

With a creak of her bones, Gwenith slowly stands back up with the aid of her quarterstaff.
You have emoted: Xenia frowns at the sight of this, extending a finger to dip into the black ichor flowing from Exayne's neck. She holds the hand up towards the others, "Anyone ever see blood like this?" she asks.

Trager sniffs dryly from behind the congregation gathered as he pulls a hooded gray cloak with animal furs more tightly against his form, the heavy cowl casting shadows across his visage. "Is the scum here to nurse you back to health as well, Tracker?" he drawls out sceptically, jerking his head towards Aren.

Wylliam stares from Exayne and you, " This is far from funny." He places a hand on the oak carefully, "The Oak is alive and not our play thing. Please treat it with care." Slowly, his gaze levels on Aren.

You have emoted: Xenia's head dips with a somber nod, though still her hand remains outstretched. "My apologies, Wylliam, it won't happen again. But, this blood--" she frowns deeply, "it can't be natural."

Wylliam turns back to look back at Exayne, taking a step closer towards him.

Aren only smiles softly at Trager, not responding.

Exayne begins to gurgle, his body reflexly curling in on itself as the wound keeps flowing. Black blood pooling and trailing away in thick tendrils. On the breeze, the smell of decay rises, that what was once green and health turning a muddy brown and dying where the blood trails.
Wylliam tilts his head to look over Exayne wound, "What the..Tracker, you smell of death. What is the meaning of this?

Gwenith remains silent as she stands, her feet just under a shoulder-length apart. Her body still, her dark-green eyes move quickly around the party gathered and over Exayne as she remains observant of the going ons.

"Obviously Ratek has gone simple," Trager finally declares in a dismissive manner, wasting no more of his vision upon Aren. "Was that supposed to be a fix, lass?" he drawls out after, casting a brow-raised glance towards Gwenith. The sudden, stomach-churning smell of decay elicits nothing more then the further raising of his eyebrows, those emerald-hued eyes still flat and devoid of emotion.

You have emoted: Xenia's nose wrinkles and she wipes her hand upon her leggings. "Smells of death," she comments, and pushes to a stand, "He's clearly tainted, in some way. It's in his blood."

Exayne’s Pose: Exayne is here, semi-conscious.

Posed Item: Running past the gourd tendrils of black blood trail. Causing death and decay in its wake.

Aren crosses his arms softly over his chest, an amused eye on Trager, "I was simply concerned for dear Exayne here."

Exayne begins to convulse sharply, making choking noises, the pasty skin through his fur turning deep purple while his lips turn blue.

Gwenith shoots Trager a small glare before turning back to you, "Of course he smells of death. He is Azudim, his essence is death."

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "There are other Azudim around here, no," she insists, "No, this is different, I haven't smelled this since Spinesreach. This is, his is corruption."

Choking on the ground Exayne begins to writhe, his body twisting and turning, the apparent agony plastered across his features as he rolls to and fro.

You have emoted: Xenia shoots Trager and Wylliam another look, "I've no idea what to do with this," she says, "I've never seen anyone choking like this. There a doctor around here?"

Wylliam snorts, "Exayne is not of your concern any longer, Aren. You made your choice. And I'm Azudim and do not stink of decay when I bleed." With that, he reaches down not touching the blood but instead placing a hand on Exayne shoulder, "Easy."

Trager smacks his lips lazily for a brief moment before he transfers his hands from deep pockets to interlace at the small of his back. "Let him go visit the Underking," he rumbles out flatly, sending a very pointed look Wylliam's way. "Either way, would not hurt him near as much as it does now, obviously," he finishes dryly, noting with barely rising interest the writhing Sentinel.

Aren begins to intensify slowly until he appears flesh and blood once more.

Aren projects a net of light about himself, and you watch as his image becomes faded and ghostly.

Aren glances down at his fingernails, nipping at one of them, "Looks like poison." he muses.

A loud, raucous boom of laughter echoes out from Trager suddenly as one hand falls to the belt around his waist. "Give the lad this," he drawls casually before tossing a vial unceremoniously towards Gwenith. "Are we seriously going to sit and believe we have no idea what venom might cause black bile?"

Exayne coughs suddenly, a spary of black blood bursting past his lips, dribbling down his chin and dripping out his nose. Snapping open, he gazes up at Wylliam pleadingly, motes of black swarming his bright blue iris till none remains.

Wylliam reaches down, using a moist washrag, he quickly wipes at Exayne mouth, "Easy. Aye, Gwenith try that.

Kheoss blinks suddenly, rattled back from his thoughts by the sounds of the coughing.

You have emoted: Xenia shifts out of the way, clearing space around Exayne. She rises to stand, watching on, her hands resting at each side.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "What did I miss."

You say, "I still say it's Corruption."

You say to Kheoss, "He fell from the hammock down to here. We were trying to just get it swinging all fun-like and he had to go and stand, grab a branch and pull it as far back as he could."

You crease your brow in a frown.

Wylliam mutters, reaching down to a vial of epidermal, and reaching to tear at the clothing around Exayne chest, then smearing the contents onto the man.

Kheoss's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Mariena arrives from the east.

Kheoss shakes his head with a slight smirk. "Its always fun until someone gets hurt."

Gesturing toward Exayne, you say, "And apparently it's more than just a bad fall. Another problem that's been hiding all along."

Wylliam looks up briefly towards Mariena, "I'm putting the epidermal on the man like you said, but I don't think it'll work." He says finishing covering Exayne chest and neck.

"What? Me?" Gwenith Ask with a small squeak of surprise as she catches the vial out of reflex before studying it in her hand. Her eyes tick over to you at her words before her lips twist and she stiffly makes her way to Exayne, a hint of fear in her eyes. "Poison.. corruption.. If it's corruption we've more important things to worry about than a broken man with all this lecehing into the heartwood."

Mariena walks in, stocking'd feet making no noise. "What'd he get into this time?" She asks, moving towards the prone man and ending up beside you.

"Telling me that in your time at the Shadow Keep, you never saw a man spit up black blood, Ser?" Trager drawls out amusedly. "Black blood, twitching, ragged coughs?" he continues on, lifting a single finger up with every listed malady. "Give the man the immunity, already, aye?"

Mariena snaps her fingers.

Exayne begins to scream, high pitched sounds of agony as the salve fizzes and burns his fur. Limbs thrashing wildly in a primitive display of defence he writhes.

Mariena Tanarian says to Ranger Trager Del'baeth, "That's a good thought as well."

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "Sure sounds like voyria."

You say to Trager, "It's not Voyria. He'd be dead well by now if it were."

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "Thats if injected into the blood."

Wylliam withdraws his hands, "Easy Exayne. Mariena? This is something foul.

"Hold him still," Gwenith voice is soft to you, Wylliam and Mariena as she falls to her knees near Exayne's head.

"Tick, tock," Trager murmurs out absently as his hands move back to position in front of him, finding some extraordinary focus in one of his fingernails.

You have emoted: "Fine," Xenia gives in, "Pour the immunity down his throat, but I'm saying, Voyria deaths don't smell like that. I know what Voyria deaths smell like, it's not this." She shakes her head in dismay, "This is Corruption, smelled it well enough while living in the Spires."

Mariena huffs and stares down at Exayne. "How'd this start?" She asks, overgrowth suddenly surrounding him. She stares at Exayne for a moment, then her staff rises, pressing above Exayne's heart. A surge of renewal erupts a moment later, fading quickly as her staff lifts so she can study the results.

Wylliam reaches down to firmly hold Exayne down, "Try it."

Trager's attention remains solely focused upon that single nail, picking away at it errantly before he rumbles out once more, "Then we send him to the Underking either way," he finishes simply.

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Mariena Tanarian, "He fell and when he woke..this."

Kheoss takes a salve of mass and rubs it on his skin.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "No need for him to suffer."

Conversationally, Mariena Tanarian says to Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol, "What'd he fall on?"

You have emoted: Xenia gestures to where Exayne lays currently, "Well, there.”

Exayne's chest rises against the staff as if rejecting it, his back arching as he strains against his restrains, a large welt appearing on his chest where the staff touched.

Finally dropping his hands, Ranger Trager Del'baeth says to Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost, "Care to handle the particulars?"

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says to Ranger Trager Del'baeth, "If we are in agreement?"

Staring at the results, Mariena Tanarian says, "Huh. Yeah, send him to the Underking."

Kheoss tilts his head and listens intently.

"Explore every option," Gwenith tells you as she presses her thumb on the catch of the tiny tankard shaped vial of immunity in her hand. Carefully, she slips Exayne's head onto her knees and through the froth and black sticky mess on his chin the girl pulls open his mouth and pours in the entire contents.

Ranger Trager Del'baeth says to Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost, "If the immunity does not have affect, aye."

Wylliam keeps a hold of Exayne, "No, Kheoss, not yet, I want Mariena to look at him. I do not think a simple visit to the underking will heal him.

Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala says, "He has the blessings of Lord Slyphe, he shouldn't need a trip to the Underking."

Aren snickers under his breath.

Gwenith glances up to Mariena, as she clamps her hand over Exayne's mouth, forcing him to swallow. "Tried that, no effect."

Clearly drained by his nimble maneuvers, Wylliam appears to slow down somewhat, breathing heavily.

Trager glances away from Kheoss, eyes pulled back to the mass of people hovered about Exayne. "We shall exhaust every avenue," he rumbles out with mock assurance.

Mariena turns towards the snicker, searching for Aren. "What brings you to the Oak, Sir?"

You have emoted: "Send him to the Underking, but if his blood causes that," Xenia points towards the decaying foliage about the tendrils of blood. "That's not Voyria in the bloodstream, and he's seen the Underking well enough. If that's pumping through his veins, then I insist that it's Corruption."

Exayne screams once more, blisters appearing on his lips and tongue where the salve touches before he chokes up more corrupted blood.

Distracted from the asking, Mariena Tanarian says, "If it's corruption, chuck him in the volcano. Everything burns off in the Volcano."

[Exayne’s PoV]

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "You
should embrace it, you know."

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Maybe
then it wouldn't destroy you."

You tell Aren, "Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "I know...it hurts. But if you were to give in think of the pleasure."

You tell Aren, "NOT AGAIN NO!!!!nononoNONONO NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!""

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Come on. Was it really so bad? Didn't you love giving in to every desire you had?"

[Xenia’s PoV]

Kheoss's eyes sparkle with amusement as he gazes upon Mariena.

Aren starts to laugh a bit louder, "Oh you people are funny. If something doesn't work right go ahead and kill it,that works."

Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala says to Aren Ratek Yaslana, "You've clearly shunned life and light, so why are you in the council stinking up the place?"

Trager breathes out a lamenting sigh, shaking his head wistfully before jerking his head down in a quick nod towards Kheoss. "There we have it, brother," he declares, more loudly then necessary, paying no mind to Aren.

Gwenith gives a small murmur at Mariena's words before her eyes tick to Aren. "There may be another way."

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "Let us end his suffering swiftly then."

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "He was a follower of Corruption," she says, "I'm telling you guys, this smells of Corruption."

Mariena nods her head at you.

Kheoss raises an eyebrow at you.

Aren Ratek Yaslana says to Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala, "Because I can be."

Wylliam mutters under his breathe, clearly annoyed, "I'm about to chuck you in the volcano." before his attention on Exayne, "Then he needs cleansing."

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says to you, "Were you not as well?"

Gwenith sighs, shaking her head. "I said, there may be another way. The Lake."

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "What lake?"

Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala says to Aren Ratek Yaslana, "I think that can be fixed if just being able to is cause enough."

Exayne suddenly stills, his wound still seeping black ichor as his eyes roll up into their sockets, exhaling "Black...veins." before lapsing yet again into unconsciousness.

Kheoss stares at Exayne and blinks.

Aren Ratek Yaslana says to Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala, "You make no sense."

You say to Kheoss, "I was not, no. I followed Malevolence, and She removed her mark on me when I chose to leave."

Teididh Baen'Draoi, Fanico Te'Straif, Eala says to Aren Ratek Yaslana, "I can be more plain if you need that. How about get out?"

Aren Ratek Yaslana asks, "What am I doing wrong that would warrant that?"

Mariena shakes her head and sighs. "Y'all just shut your faces a second?" She shouts above the general bickering. "What'd he mean by black veins?" She asks, pointing.

"Oh for Pit's sake," Trager groans out loudly. "Shut your mouths, the both of you," he states. "Focus on the Tracker, or I'll remove you myself."

You have emoted: "Black Veins," Xenia repeats, tapping her chin, "He was called Black Veins in Spinesreach," she says, "but...that was well, when he followed Corruption."

"Is true," Trager confirms simply.

"The lake," Gwenith gives a small sigh as she lifts her hand from Exayne's chin and begins to stroke the crown of his head to soothe his suffering even a small fraction. "In Enorian. According to the books there's been many instants of corruption in the pass that has been purified in the waters. The crystals we gave to Amelia for example. Never heard of a person though."

Mariena Tanarian says to you, "So your original idea was the correct one in saying it was Corruption."

Aren projects a net of light about himself, and you watch as his image becomes faded and ghostly.

Wylliam gaze settles on Gwenith, "I forgotten, you are right.

You have emoted: Xenia watches as the tendrils continue to flow, from Exayne's body. "Look, argue all you want, but if we allow him to bleed out here, it's gonna seriously harm the Oak, I bet." She shrugs at Mariena, "I don't know, just saying I know what Corruption smells like, and it smells like this."

Continuing, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "We did purify each crystal there. It could help Exayne but never heard of a person being placed in it either."

To those assembled, especially Gwenith, Mariena Tanarian says, "We could try the lake, but I'm loathe to put something so large in it. Might foul their waters and negate its effects."

Fanico grabs hold of a nearby branch and swings up and out of sight into the treetops.

Mariena Tanarian says, "Fire, however. Fire cleanses all. It cleanses vampirism. It cleanses corruption. I would like to take him to the Lady Auresae's Volcano. Even if we don't shove him in, rock is less likely to grow corrupt than green growing things."

Softly, Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says, "Explore every option."

Mariena Tanarian says, "And we always have the option to chuck him there."

Nodding, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Mariena Tanarian, "I could breathe fire on him. Think it work?"

Mariena Tanarian says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "Can you go retrieve a pitcher of it?"

Trager sniffs dryly before he shoves his way through the crowd, easily pushing bodies out of the way in his wake. He comes up beside Exayne and reaches down, taking a clenched grip on the fur about the beast's chest. "Lead the way, lass," he grunts in preparation for the coming exertion. "You may be right, Gwen, and I suppose we shall see."

Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says, "It didn't cleanse the Aalen."

Mariena Tanarian says to Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol, "Hotter fire. The very veins have to be cleansed."

Wylliam frowns, glancing at Mariena, "We can't pour that fire here, so close to the Oak, let's drag him out to the East Ithmia at least.

Gwenith shakes her head as everyone turns to her for directions. "I don't know where it is. I've only read about it."

Patiently, Mariena Tanarian says to Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol, "I want to take him to the very Volcano."

Muttering, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "How I miss hoist. Alright."

You have emoted: Xenia dances out of Trager's way, falling in beside him in aid of lifting Exayne.

Kheoss grins and nods at Wylliam.

Trager heaves up Exayne with one fluid jerk of movement, resting the limp form atop one shoulder. "Well someone Pitting lead the way," he barks out callously.

Wylliam reaches down, grabbing hold of Exayne shoulders.

Mariena Tanarian says, "We all ready? Follow me and I'll try to not get us very lost."

Simply, Ranger Trager Del'baeth says to Mariena Tanarian, "Lead."

Gwenith hands' drop at Exayne is taken from her lap, hesitating a moment before clambering to her bare feet to follow.

Wylliam grunts out, "Follow.

[Exayne’s PoV]

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you,
"They'll throw you in, you know. How nice of them to care for you in this way."

You tell Aren, "*A sound like a snarl makes it's way into your mind as a voice full of Malice growls softly "Then they will all DIEEEE!" the last word coming as a shriek of pure rage*."

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "They should die. Shouldn't they. I agree."

You tell Aren, "YESnoYESSSS!!! NO...no..they..I."

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "They seek to harm you. Don't you see that?"

Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Don't they know it never truly leaves you? You'll never fully be free of it, Exayne. Make it easier on yourself."

[Xenia’s PoV]

Exayne begins to twist and turn as if provoked, head tossing about it sudden stops dead, eyelids opening to stare at Aren.

Feichin's experiments have proven too much for Rashar, who dies horribly.
You divine the location of this death as A small, well-lit cave in the Sect of Blades arena.

You have emoted: Xenia takes hold of Exayne's ankles, lifting the man from the ground.

Aren gives Exayne a solemn nod.
[Movement to the Lake]

Exayne, Gwenith, Trager, Xenia, Wylliam, Mariena, Kheoss

Mariena climbs onto a roan brumby stallion.

Mariena blurs with speed as her mount gallops her away to the northwest.

Trager blinks.

Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says, "I'm sure she's gone ahead to scout, or something."

Muttering, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Quickly, we'll catch up with her."
[Movement]

Before the opening into the volcano. (Putoran Hills.) (3776) [-Slyphe-]
A cooling lava pit oozes out of a crack in the floor.

Wylliam lowers Exayne down by the pit.

Kheoss creases his brow in a frown.

Exayne continues to thrash, before suddenly screaming "nononoNONONOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" the sound carrying on the wind before dying just as his voice does.

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "I don't need those."

Gwenith kneels by Exayne as he is lowered to rest on the ground, keeping a hand on the man's shoulder as he thrashes, squeezing it painfully hard.

Mariena enters from the south, riding a roan brumby stallion.

Gwenith nods her head emphatically.

Gwenith puts on a pair of wings of the eagle.

"Shall we?" Trager quips in a surprisingly matter-of-fact tone of voice, paying no heed to the rambling and twisting of the man in his grasp before setting him down roughly.

You have emoted: Xenia lowers to a crouch, lowering Exayne's feet gently. "Guys, he cured, shouldn't the volcano have already cleansed his Corruption?" she asks.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "How was he cured?"

Feichin's experiments have proven too much for Edain, who dies horribly.
You divine the location of this death as Tiny desert oasis in the Sect of Blades arena.

Wylliam kneels down besides Exayne and the pit, ignoring the inferno blasts of heat. "He was a vampire before, he was undead. Maybe it didn't clean the corruption when he was cured?

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "I've no clue."

Mariena Tanarian says, "Well, I went through it three different times."

"Have another idea then, Ser?" Trager barks out in exasperation. "Or is everything we decide upon going to be horribly wrong?"

Kheoss's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Mariena Tanarian says to Ranger Trager Del'baeth, "Slow your tone, Trager. There isn't need for such when we're attempting to heal."

Wylliam takes out a moist washrag, wiping off the black fluid from Exayne mouth, "So now what? We toss him in? Or just pour some on him?

Trager mutters a few choice words under his breath, waving as dismissive hand aimlessly through the air as he does. "Just tell us where to carry the man."

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head at Trager, "I'm not standing in you way, I'm only offering what I think to be sound logic here," she growls. "And watch how you address me, not going by Ser-" this last word she speaks harshly, "anymore. Look, throw him in the Volcano, I don't care, just offering sound logic is all."

Exayne's thrashing lessens, though his lips still work, muttering incoherent words the only comprehensible one being "no."

Wylliam beckons over you, pretty much ignoring the argument, "Since, you seem to know more about corruption then I, and so far been right, suggestions? Now what.

Mariena points off towards the northwest.

Mariena Tanarian says to you, "And it's good logic."

Gwenith remains silent as the elders bicker, gripping onto Exayne's tightly, on the verge of digging her fingers into the man's blistered skin.

Mariena Tanarian says to you, "I, honestly, was just offering the fastest option I could think of. Curatives not working? Kill the person and try again."

Mariena Tanarian says to you, "Though why the boy doesn't have a tree tattoo is absolutely beyond me."

You have emoted: Xenia sighs and shakes her head. "I've been friends with Exayne a long time. I am only offering what I know about him. But I never followed Corruption, did't quite sit right with me. Maybe the flames--" he voice trails off. "I honestly don't know how one goes about purifying themselves of Corruption, guys."

Softly, Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says, "The water is also a valid option. We could try that before we kill him."

Wylliam leveled gaze stays on you, "Xenia? Very well. Mariena we'll toss him in the fire. It's only thing I know that can completely cleanse him. The water is too small Gwenith, I remember it well. And we do not know what will happen to it.

You have emoted: Xenia tilts her head, "Instead of putting him in the lake as you say." She falls silent, contemplating the idea. "Well first off, what is this lake, I don't know anything about the lake, but if my assumption is correct, that it heals or perhaps purifies, could we not introduce the water to him rather he the water?"

Exayne at the word 'Kill' lets out a manical laugh, white froth mingling with the drying black blood on his lips.

Trager shrugs once, a simple act of finality before he glances expectantly towards Kheoss. "Dear Brother, might you return him to the Rhythm please?"

Staring at the man in question, Mariena Tanarian says, "I honestly think he's beyond the help of the water. Might be wrong. I am rather straightforward in such matters."

Wylliam reaches under Exayne shoulders, "Lava. Let's go.

Mariena leaves to the northwest, riding a roan brumby stallion.

Trager leaves to the northwest.

Kheoss leaves to the northwest.

A large stone dais. (Putoran Hills.)
The stars twinkle in the clear night sky. Clad in mail and hefting a large battleaxe, Fernus stands warily upon the dais. Ranger Trager Del'baeth is here, hidden. Mariena Tanarian is here. She is riding on a roan brumby stallion. She wields a carved quarterstaff of wood and bone in her hands. Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost is here. He wields a Yggdrasian quarterstaff of the Rhythm in his hands. Submerged in the churning magma far below, the Demon Blade emits a foul miasma that strains against its bonds.
You see a single exit leading southeast.

Exayne and Gwenith enter from the southeast following Wylliam.
They are followed by a diminutive nightingale, a snapjaw crocodile, and a stout badger.

Shaking his head, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost, "His death won't cleanse this, I've watched him die last month three or four times."

Gwenith nods, releasing her grip on Exayne's shoulder as they group carries the man away from her. She lingers behind them, seemingly not wanting to be a part of what seems to be about to happen.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "Well this will surely kill him anyway."

"Psst, shh psssp!" Trager interrupts quickly, bringing one finger up to his lips. "Enough debate, let us see how this treats him," he declares.

Matter-of-fact, Ranger Trager Del'baeth says, "And we move on from there."

Aren crosses his arms over his chest, watching silently.

Wylliam moves to the edge of the ledge, "Ready?" He glances down, addressing Exayne, "Exayne." He places a hand on %exayne head, "Let my Lord Haern help cleanse you."

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Now!"

[Exayne’s PoV]

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Your friends are gonna kill you."

(Tells): You tell Aren, "Fri..friend...Iha...I...I...AM...BLACKVEINS."

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Good."

[Xenia’s PoV]

Wylliam pushes Exayne over the edge.

Exayne suddenly rolls free from Wylliam's shoulder and lands deftly on all fours, eyes snapping open he lunges at Aren, claws curled as he makes for the throat.

Kheoss blinks.

Exayne, Gwenith, Trager, Xenia, Wylliam, Mariena, Aren, Kheoss

Over the resulting din, Mariena Tanarian says, "Oh Gods damn it all."

Wylliam watchers with disbelief, and nearly amusement, "Now I don't now if I even want to stop that.

Fresh growth blossoms beneath Kheoss's feet, tender greenery sprouting and unfurling outward from his footfalls.

Perspiration flecks Kheoss's brow as a tide of fresh growth erupts from beneath his feet, spreading outward and blanketing the area in lush, verdant plantlife.

Aren is clearly taken by surprise, barely able to slip the dirk from his thigh as the man starts to wrestle with him, "The fuck!" he hisses.

Trager surges forward, reflexes taking root as only one versed in conflict can be. Coming up from the side, one knee slams into Exayne's exposed ribs, attempting to disrupt the animal from its frenzied clawing.

[Exayne’s PoV]

(Tells): Voice lilting on feathery wafts of air, Aren tells you, "Don't run from it!""

[Xenia’s PoV]

Wylliam moves in, using a vicious dragon skeletal dhurive to simply try to push Exayne over the edge.

Aren slowly fades into view, returning to the realm of perception.

Aren tosses a sparkling cloud of dust over himself, and vanishes little by little into invisibility.

Exayne begins to attempt to tear into Aren, claws, teeth thrashing savagely as he tried to reach him. Ribs crunching Exayne howls in agony and with a final savage snarl at Aren he bolts.

"Well." Aren comments, glancing down at himself to make sure he's ok, "That went well."

Trager's eyes follow after the quickly disappearing form of the animal before he turns to Aren. "I would ask if you are okay, but I fear I might only be disappointed," he rumbles wistfully.

Gwenith flinches as the blow, hiding behind the thin quarterstaff in her hand, her back turned and being closest to the exit, she can't react fast enough to stop or block the twisted man as he bolts.

Kheoss watchces in disbelief, "I knew we should have just killed him."

Aren Ratek Yaslana exclaims, "Whelp! Good luck!"

Aren Ratek Yaslana says, "Voltda."

Wylliam turns to staer off after the departing figure, "Come on Kheoss.

Reux has had his psyche unlaced by the creature beneath Tiyen Esityi.
You divine the location of this death as Within a whirlwind of screaming darkness in Tiyen Esityi.

Aren Ratek Yaslana's voice resonates across the land, "No need to let them help you, Exayne. Embrace it and you'll be better off."

You say, "He stank just as Exayne did. We should have."

Exayne burst back into the scene crashing through everyone and clawing at himself madly, in one maddened howl he leaps, the howl following him into the chasm below.

With a quick running start, Exayne leaps and throws himself over the edge, toward the pool of hot lava.

Exayne thrashes and writhes in agony until the lava burns away his muscle tissue and, finally, his last wisp of consciousness.

Trager drags a hand across the bronzed skin of his brow, wiping away a thin layer of sweat before with widened, somewhat amused eyes, he witnesses the man hurl himself down into the chasm.

Mariena stares over the edge, squinting at the brightness. "Well, let's not be slow about it. We need to find him wherever he chooses to wake from."

You nod your head in agreement.

Gwenith, Trager, Xenia, Wylliam, Mariena, Kheoss

Wylliam frowns, stepping back away from the ledge, "Now we'll see if that even had an any effect.

Trager pulls a hooded gray cloak with animal furs impossibly tighter about his form, despite the massive waves of heat given off by the chasm. "Do let me know how it goes," he drawls simply, before turning and quickly stepping away.

Kheoss exhales slowly with a shake of his head, allowing the scene to sink in.

Trager lashes out frantically as he begins to slowly fight his way southeast through the hindering overgrowth.

Gwenith closes her eyes as the man hurls himself into the lava, taking a moment to compose herself before looking down into the chasm. She steps back, a little surprised at the blade within. "What is -that-?"

Mariena Tanarian says, "A few to the pylon, a few to the cave. Hurry hurry."

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "We need to be there when he emerges."

Wylliam hardly gives the blade a glance, "The Demon blade, something we should mess with.

You nod your head emphatically.

Wylliam beckons to those around him.

You have emoted: Xenia glances at Wylliam, "I'll go with you, if it's all the same."

[Movement to the Dry Planes]

Exayne’s pose:
Exayne is sprawled on the ground, completely naked and groaning painfully. He wields a vicious black dhurive in his hands

Frowning, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Exayne, "Exayne?"

Kheoss arrives from the east.

Exayne tilts his head, groaning at the movement and answering his name at the same time.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "How is he?"

Gwenith arrives from the east.

You have emoted: Xenia strides over to Exayne, "You are a fool, now give me your arm," she insists, taking a dirk from her belt.

Exayne whispers a soft "Xenia..."

Wylliam reaches a hand to touch at Exayne shoulder, "Exayne, how do you feel?

Exayne murmurs "Xenia...Don't -ever- let me play on a hammock again..."

You say to Wylliam, "Best to just cut him and see if he bleeds black still."

Wylliam nods at you, "Seeker, let me see your hand?
l
Exayne lifts his head to offer you a shaky grin before it thumps back to the ground.

Without a mount, Gwenith lags behind both you and Wylliam, a slight sheen on her grey skin as she finally catches up with them slightly short of breath.

Exayne whispers "I know that name...Blac-" growing silent his eyes widen in horror.

Wylliam reaches for Exayne hand, "This will only slightly hurt," He says, placing the edge of his dhurive to make a small cut or at least trying too.

You have emoted: Xenia holds her hand out, a little too late, to Wylliam, "wait," she says. "If this don't bleed black, I insist that we try the scar," she gestues towards Exayne's neck, "That's where the first cut was made when he initially started bleeding the Corrupted blood."

Exayne lets out a cry of pure despair, his body curling in on himself like a child as he weeps openly, sucking in air when his wails will allow not caring nor noticing the blade.

Studying the blood, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "Gwenith, Mariena suggested we try giving him a couple cups of that water to make sure he's purified."

Exayne continues to sob, rocking on the ground heedless to appearance.

Wylliam straightens up, "I'll go fetch it, if I remember where it was. Talk to him, Xenia."

Gwenith gives a slight nod of her head. "Even though you all chose the volcano.. I was preparing the alternative. The water is being acquired as we speak."

Chuckling, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "Good thinking."

Exayne stills suddenly, a hand trailing hesitantly over the back of his head to his neck before retracting sharply, body shaking his sobs are silent now.

You have emoted: Xenia crouches before Exayne, "Hey, Chicken neck," she whispers, "hey, stop your crying, you look a fool, though you are one." Despite her words, her tone is soft, affectionate even.

Wylliam simply folds his arms across his chest, watching Exayne, curiously.

Gwenith gives another silent nod to Wylliam as she watches Exayne, some of her clinical coldness melting away into pity.

Exayne shakes his head, dragging it across the ground "You don't understand" he whispers softly between sobs.

You have emoted: Xenia reaches out to take Exayne's hand, "Let me look at that," she says.

Exayne suddenly winces and looks at the fresh wound on him, crimson blood dotting his cut skin.

Nodding, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to you, "Blood looks normal. It's not that big, should heal with maybe a small scar for his troubles."

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "We can't be sure," she says to Wylliam and Gwenith. "We have to check the scar."

Shrugging, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Cut him then. Who's getting the water?"

You have emoted: Xenia she takes up the dirk once more and places a hand firmly on Exayne's head. "If you move too much, I'll cut too deep, Exayne. Stay still." With this she reaches up and makes a thin slice, pulling away expectantly.

Exayne suddenly scrambles away, "NO!" he shouts hoarsely, before coughing.

Exayne gasps and clamps his hand to his neck, his head bowing.

Wylliam frowns, "Exayne, let her look. You do not want to have to jump in the volcano again, do you?

Softly, Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood says to Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol, "Melantha is."

Wylliam nods his head at Gwenith.

You have emoted: Xenia leans in, readying as though to jump, "Exayne, let us see your neck, or Gods help me, I'm going to tackle you down, and you won't like that one bit."

Exayne draws his hand away and studies his palm. Relief flashing on his face as he faces it towards the crowd, "Red!" he announces in disbelief, "It's Red!" he tries to shout.

You have emoted: "That's the hand Wylliam cut," Xenia retorts. "Come on, crane your neck, let us really get a look."

Exayne scrambles to his feet heedless of his nudity and totters towards you before embracing you. Moving away to wobbles and steadies himself on Wylliam, "Thank you all" he says, heedless of the dark droplet falling from his scar to the ground creating tiny craters in the dirt.

You have emoted: Xenia grunts, looking pointedly at Gwenith. "That water coming?" she asks in a low voice.

Wylliam nods firmly, obviously studying the scar on Exayne neck, "Welcome, but without drinking the water and checking the scar there, we aren't sure you are completely....healed.

Exayne rummages through his pack, (which made it through the volcano) and pulls out a vial, splashing a little on his neck tentatively and rubbing the rest on his palms the wounds close.

Exayne stares in disbelief at Wylliam, "It's red though" he tries to explain sounding nearly as stupid as one of the Trolls, "Red" he offers, pushing his palm towards Wylliam.

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "Look," she points towards droplet size craters upon the earth. "Exayne, don't be a fool, look." She reaches for Exayne's shoulder, pointing once more, "That was from YOUR blood that dropped from your neck. I don't think it's completely cured."

Wylliam points a clawed and deformed hand at Exayne neck, "Aye but we need to be sure.

Lim enters from the east, riding a large snow leopard.

[Lim’s ent’s attack, we attack Lim.]

Exayne shakes his head stubbornly "Anything could of caused them, worms perhaps.

Exayne, Gwenith, Xenia, Wylliam, Kheoss, Lim,

You crease your brow in a frown.

Cohort Lim yells, "It was an accident!!"

You have emoted: "Best to act then ask," Xenia relays t Lim, "you know how it is," she adds wryly.

Uncomfortably, Lim looks around. The young man appears sheepish, but more so curious as to what's going on.

Wylliam for the moment, ignores Lim, concentrating on Exayne, "Damn man, it's going to be a small cut. You have bled more then that before your life. Let Xenia check.

Exayne straightens himself and manages to hold himself with the support of Wylliam and declares "There will be no bloodshed this day, but know this Indorani, Your time will come. Leave here."

Exayne says, "I can not abide the tainted ones."

Lim frowns, upset by the hostility which he clearly thinks to be unwarranted. A moment later, and the young man walks off wordlessly.

Lim leaves to the east.

Wylliam waves a hand offhandly, "He's gone and matter little."

Exayne sags visibly when as Lim wanders off, suddenly looking weary. Voice suddenly somber he asks quietly "I didn't..." he gulps "Hurt anyone did I?"

With a slight grin, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Exayne, "No one that matters."

Exayne keeps Wylliam a sharp glance and shrugs. Suddenly aware of his nudity his limbs snap shut and hands move downwards faster then a squirrel climbing a tree.

Gwenith glance quickly to Kheoss, tilting her head questioningly to him.

From afar, Wylliam hisses harshly to you, "Do it, a quick cut while he's not looking. He's avoiding it."

Exayne moves awkwardly to his pack, keeping his back turned to the ladies as he rummages once more through his pack and pulls some spare clothing from it.

Exayne puts on a formal crimson-red shirt.

Exayne puts on an pair of black silk tuxedo pants.

As Exayne slips his hands to cover himself, Gwenith's attention quickly snaps back to his exposed neck.

You tell Exayne, "Did you not see the craters that came from your blood?"

Exayne turns his head to look apologetically at the crowd, wincing as his neck turns and nose wrinkling as an acrid smell reaches him.

Lim tells you, "Eh- I thought I saw you among them. Is there any trouble?"

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "The water?"

You tell Lim, "Not for you guys. Ignore Exayne’s comments about Corruption, he’s emotional."

You tell Lim, "We thought you were coming to attack Exayne and so we reacted."

Gwenith scowls slightly. "Yes. I don't think she understood the gravity of the situation and is dallying."

Exayne tells you, "Nonsense woman, earthworms that's all."

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "You to stay with him, I'll be right back."

Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Her name again?"

Exayne attempts an uneasy smile as he cheerfully announces "I'm fine see!"

You tell Exayne, "No, they're not worms."

Lim tells you, "Is something wrong?"

Exayne tells you, "Well then some other create, beatles perhaps."

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, and leans in close, taking a whiff at Exayne's neck. "You still reek of Corruption," she says, and with that she darts in with her dirk, drawing yet another cut. With the other she grabs hold of Exayne's hand. "Do't heal it so fast. See for yourself. There were black droplets, they caused those," she jerks a head towards the ground where the ground has sunk in.

Gwenith gives a small, unconvinced murmur as she presses her lips together, stufying the now dressed man. Admittedly her eyes slip southwards for a split second before she catches herself and focusses on his face. "Is this why you were so rude? Those months past when you came across me speaking with Wylliam?"

Exayne tells you, "*voice resounding harshly in your mind a snarling "HE IS MINE" bellows into your head*."

You tell Lim, "Just Exayne."

Exayne clutches his head and slumps to the ground.

You have emoted: Xenia blinks and darts back and away from Exayne. "He's possessed," she says. "He is speaking to me insanely."

"Exayne," Gwenith Says softly as she galnces to the retreating you. She moves to the man as he slumps, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Stay sitting, lay down if you have to."

Kheoss drops down placing his palms to his overgrowth, as the vines start to come alive they reach for the arms of Exayne wrapping ground tightly.

Gwenith whispers into your consciousness, "What is he saying?"

You tell Gwenith, "He just yelled in my head, saying he is mine."

Wylliam drops the pitcher down, "Get him to drink a couple cups full.

Kheoss Bezaliel, of the Lost says, "You will not hide anything else from us Exayne."

You tell Wylliam, "He just yelled at me, saying he is mine."

You tell Kheoss, "He just yelled at me saying he is mine."

Exayne, Gwenith, Xenia, Wylliam, Kheoss

From afar, Wylliam hisses harshly to you, "What? Doesn't sound right.."

You tell Wylliam, "No, it doesn't."

Exayne eyes the pitcher, "I'm fine!" he protests weakly.

[Someone (no idea who) actually hypnotized this off Exayne, but it was perfect]

Exayne appears confused for a moment.
Exayne says, "Give up on me. give up! it's too late for me, it's in my -blood-!"

Exayne appears confused for a moment.
Exayne begins to pull at his hair. "corruption, corruption, it's inside of me!"

Pointing down, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Exayne, "You will drink it, Exayne. That is an order."

Gwenith nods her head to Wylliam as she takes up the pitcher and inches closer to the bound Exayne. "I'm sorry we bound you. But I can't have you running again."

Contrary to his arguments, Exayne is -not- fine, droplets of black beginning to drip from his nose.

Gwenith picks up a tall glass pitcher.

Exayne stares at his bonds and sags in resignation, "Fine i'll drink your damn tonic" he mutters angrily.

"Drink." The single word is half-command, half-plea as Gwenith lifts the pitcher of water in an attempt to place the lip to the man's own. Carefully, since his arms are bound by Kheoss's overgrowth she rubs her own knuckles matronly under his nose to wipe away the drips of ichor.

Exayne tilts his head towards the lip of the pitcher swallowing a couple of generous gulps.

The water in the pitcher begins to bubble as it touches his lips, turning a pure golden color that hisses when it touches the blackness coming from his nose.

Exayne throws his head back and screams, the voice sounding too high to be his own as he struggles against his bonds, biceps bulging he rips his right arm free and claws at his neck as if it was on fire.

Wylliam reaches down, grabbing hold of Exayne 's arm as if to pin it down, "Pour it down his throat if you have to."

Exayne tells you, "*Screech echoing in your skull " IT BURNS! IT BURN! LIQUID FIRE IT'S IN ME IT'S! IN! ME!!" the last word ending in another shriek*."

Kheoss quickly commands the vines around Exayne from all angles vines dart to restrain him.

Exayne thrashes his head from side to side, lips pursed.

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head at Exayne, "Nothing compared the long nights of drinking steel, Exayne. Drink."

Exayne thrashes his head snarling and spitting, snapping towards Wylliam.

Kheoss struggles to maintain control as Exayne violently rips through his vines.

Kheoss breathings heavily blurts out, "Somebody do something."

Wylliam pushes down, using his body weight to try to pin Exayne arms down.

Exayne opens his eyes, the blue of his iris's once more giving way to the black motes are they crowd and blot the colour. Struggling becoming more frantic he starts to shout "NO! YOU....YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING!"

The water bubbles more and more, the now-golden liquid giving off a soft glow.

Gwenith winces as her knuckles sizzles, flinching the hand away suddenly and frantically scrubbing the burns on the material of her shirt. At Wylliam's command she nods, a determination settling onto her features before her burnt hand lunges forward to pinch Exayne's nose and strugggles to pushing his head as further back as she can so she can pour as much of the water down the man's throat as possible. But contrary to orders she leaves a mouthful or two in the bottom of her pitcher as she gives a muted scream between her teeth as her hand begins to burn with the corruption.

You have emoted: Xenia quickly circles about to kneel at Exayne' head, pressing a knee at each of his forearms, leaning heavily to grasp at the man's wrists in an attempt to pin him down. "Exayne if you claw me, I swear I will kill you."

Exayne's voice becomes more powerful as he shrieks "FOOLS! YOU THINK YOU CAN SLAY THE BLACKVEINS?" his body being surging against his bond, pulling a few vines from the ground and he lunges at Gwenith and the pitcher.

Ciri arrives from the east.

Ciri raises her hand in greeting and says "Hi!"

Ciri performs a quick search of the surroundings.
Wylliam steps out of the shadows.

Ciri grins mischievously at Wylliam.

Exayne makes a quick grab for Ciri, a hand snapping closed around her wrist and pulling her to him.

Wylliam leaps in front of Ciri, "No!" He yells, driving his elbow at Exayne jaw.

Growling, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says, "Ciri, get back!"

"Ummmm," Ciri says uncertainly.

Ciri eyes Exayne, giving him the once over.

Exayne takes the blow, head snapping backwards, waggling it a hissing laugh emits from Exayne in pleasure, "What will you do now 'Prideleader'" the title emphasized with deliberate scorn in a voice not quite his own as he hold Ciri tightly.

You have emoted: For all her efforts, Exayne tears free, sending Xenia faling back. She is quick to react, though, thrusting forward after Exayne, grabbing at each of his arms, in an attempt to pry them free of Ciri. "Let go," she yells at Exayne."

Gwenith jerks back , keeping the pitcher out of Exayne's grasp before he seizes Ciri. She curses slightly under her breath as she pulls away from the tuffle. "Exayne.. I'm sorry.. this is going to hurt."

Ciri glares at Exayne and kicks him hard in the right shin.

Exayne's pitch black gaze never leaves Wylliam.

Wylliam seems lost in a frenzy, his fists balling up to slam at Exayne face, "Let my daughter go." He growls out in anger, as if not caring about that water or pitcher now, only to get %ciri away from him.

Exayne takes blow after blow, his fur becoming matted with blood, nose crumpling he starts to laugh.

Kheoss takes a crown-hilted rapier of anaxagorite from a wyrmskin pack.

Wylliam reaches to try to pry Ciri loo

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Wylliam reaches to try to pry Ciri loose, as if gone berserk with one goal in mind, his punches keep coming.

Clearly drained by his nimble maneuvers, Wylliam appears to slow down somewhat, breathing heavily.

Exayne suddenly lets Ciri go, his claws flashing instead for the throat of Wylliam with a hiss.

Ciri finally gets loose of Exayne's grip and staggers against Wylliam. "Thanks Dad".

Gwenith eyes tick to Kheoss, taking the rapier from him. She dips the needle like tip into the water before handing it back, a single drop still hanging from the point. "Prick him".

You have emoted: Xenia reaches around to encircle an arm around Exayne's throat, and violently backwards and onto herself. She maintains a choke hold. Squeezing with all she can, kicking a leg around to wind about his waist.

Wylliam hisses out a breathe, throttling Exayne, even as the the hand reaches around his own throat.

Kheoss starts to wield a crown-hilted rapier of anaxagorite in his left hand.

Exayne chuckle softly, "Did you feel it.. Priiiiiiideleader, the Fear...the Despair....did it clench at you insides like tiny ant" the last of the sentance coming out as a strangled wheeze.

Exayne chuckle softly, "Did you feel it.. Priiiiiiideleader, the Fear...the Despair....did it clench at you insides like tiny fist" the last of the sentance coming out as a strangled wheeze.

Through clenched teeth, you say to Kheoss, "Do it now, I don't know if I can hold him like this."

Your pose is now set as:
    Xenia is here grasping hold of Exayne in an attempt to hold him down.

Kheoss eyes the sword in confusion before shifting his gaze to Exayne, quickly he darts towards Exayne jabbing the blade deep into his torso.

Gwenith Drop her own quarterstaff to the ground, taking a broken bardiche blade from her pack and giving it the same wash in the meager amount of purified water over it, and waits for Kheoss to make the first move.

Kheoss neatly pierces Exayne's torso with a crown-hilted rapier of anaxagorite.

Exayne shrieks in rage, struggling uselessly he yells "I AM BLACKVEINS!" over and over.

Wylliam growls out a feral-like growl, not unlike a wolf might, "No. But I'm going to show you despair."

Exayne suddenly laughs, "I have seen Despair Sentinel! I HAVE DROWNED IN IT!"

You have emoted: Xenia strains as Exayne thrashes about in her hold. She squeezes even tighter at his neck, a deep growl emitting from her throat.

Exayne's gaze clears, one iris turning bright blue as his feature contort into a visage of struggle.

Gwenith dashes in after Kheoss's first strike, tearing her blade through the soft material of his pants and into the soft flesh beneath in an attempt to deliver the small drops of water to his bloodstream.

Wylliam jumps clear, grabbing at Ciri to pull her even further away, his clawed, deformed hand, bleeding.

Exayne shrieks again as blind rage takes over, "I..." he bellows "WILL NOT BE HUMILIATED!"...before another anguished cry emits from the lips, "Help..." the word comes as a whisper, a final desperate plea before the thrashing begins again.

Exayne shrieks again as blind rage takes over, "I..." he bellows "WILL NOT BE HUMILIATED!" before another anguished cry emits from the lips, "Help..." the word comes as a whisper, a final desperate plea before the thrashing begins again.

Exayne tells you, "YOU CAN NOT HOLD ME, YOU CAN NOT RESTRAIN ME, YOU ARE WEAK, YOU ARE MORTAL, YOU ARE NOTHING! *The though it brutally pushed into your head*."

Exayne eyes fix on everyone present for a short amount of time before he continues thrashing again.

[From Exayne’s PoV]

(Tells): You tell Xenia, "YOU CAN NOT HOLD ME, YOU CAN NOT RESTRAIN ME, YOU ARE WEAK, YOU ARE MORTAL, YOU ARE NOTHING! *The thought being brutally pushed into your mind*."

(Tells): You tell Wylliam, "YOU CAN NOT HIDE!, YOU HAVE TASTED FEAR AND IT WILL CONSUME YOU! *The thought being brutally pushed into your mind*."

(Tells): You tell Gwenith, "YOUR PLANTS WILL DIE! YOUR TREES WILL CRUMBLE, AND YOU WILL BE LEFT POWERLESS AMOUNG THE STENCH OF DECAY! *The thought being brutily pushed into your mind*."

(Tells): You tell Ciri, "YOUR FATHER WOULD LEAVE YOU IF HE COULD, ABANDON YOU TO THIS COLD WORLD ON YOUR OWN, TO SATIATE HIS OWN DESIRE FOR POWER! *The thought is pushed brutally into your mind*."

(Tells): You tell Kheoss, "YOUR BLADE IS USELESS AGAINST CORRUPTION, YOU CAN NOT HACK DESPAIR, YOU CAN NOT STAB FEAR, YOUR BLADE IS USELESS...YOU...ARE USELESS *the thought pushed brutally into your mind*."

[Xenia’s PoV]

You have emoted: Xenia squeezes even more, jerking her own body even further back, pulling Exayne back. "The water, pour it over him, in his mouth," she barks at Gwenith in a strained tone.

Wylliam snorts, keeping his body in front of Ciri, control returning to his raged features, "My Lord will protect me. You will not harm another." He states firmly, touching a tri-colored pendant.

Kheoss struggles to keep his blade steady as the thrashing tests his grip.

Gwenith eyes twitch from you to Exayne as she hesitates. A sudden flash of anger crosses her features as she drops the bardiche blade to the ground and throws her hand into Kheoss's hair, trying to get a firm grip so she can attempt to jerk it aside and expose the scar.

You have emoted: Xenia eases her arm away from Exayne's neck, shifting it instead to grab at Exayne's forehead. With a roaring cry she shoves it to the side, exposing the scar, legs squeezing even tighter about the Azudim. "Do it Gwenith," she cries out. "Do it now."

Exayne looks at Xenia and taunts verbally this time through an strangled laugh "They abandoned you when you left! Where were the pleas to have you stay! Even this foolish vessel cares not for YOU! you ARE nothing, you will BE. NOTHING!"

You have emoted: The words seem to do little more than cause Xenia to grit her teeth. "Exayne, you fool." she grunts.

Exayne's gaze snaps to Gwenith "and all you strive to nurture shall die, putrefaction will be the new scent of the air putrefaction and DECAY!"

Exayne's gaze flickers to Ciri and a leering tongue rolls over froth coated, bloody lips.

Exayne glances at Wylliam "I think, I will take a prize."

Exayne begins to struggle wildly again.

Gwenith doesn't waste a moment turning the pitcher of water upside-down and slamming it down over the scar. The speed of her actions keeps most of the remaining water inside, the curve of the mouth forming a rudimentary seal with the curve of his flesh, letting the water leak out slowly. She struggles to keep it in place as the man turns and speaks, gritting her teeth in determination as her hand coniuntes to burn from the ichor.

Wylliam lowers a vicious dragon skeletal dhurive, pointing it at Exayne throat, "No, you will not." He keeps himself firmly between Exayne and Ciri.

Lim tells you, "So.. what exactly did you mean freeing him from Corruption? Is he sick?"

You have emoted: An acrid smell begins to permeate through the air, a gold steaming from the pitcher where it touches Exayne's skin. From the Azudim a sick hissing noise begins to emit, golden bubbles boiling and dripping about his neck. Xenia Struggles as he flails about, her muscles flinching as she tries to maintain a hold.

Exayne screams like he has not yet, through all the pain his body has endured the collision of exact opposites meeting on a concentrated area is beyond excruciating. Smoke begins to rise, not just from the scare but from every orifice of his body. The veins you can see through his fur pulse and throb, a black surge against a pale skin through his fur clad body. Throwing his head back one final time he screams "I AM BLACKVEINS!" Before his veins explode, bursting with such force his skin is flayed, blood both crimson and black covers everyone and everything the acrid burning on the black blood corroding all it touches. At a simultaneous time his eyes explode, like tiny black balloons expelling jellied fluids before the shell of Exayne, and Blackveins, lay on the floor.

Exayne slumps forward as foul fluid begins to pour from his nostrils and mouth. His body begins to distort, the definition in it melting.

Exayne's face goes pale as his abdomen bursts, spraying you with the remains of his organs and ending any semblance of life within him.

Stooping over Exayne's body, you impose your will on his sad remains, forcing his mangled flesh to knit together. As his meat sluggishly returns to operation, you throw your power wide, seize his drifting soul, and forcibly slam it back into his now-renewed body.

Exayne lauches himself at you and wails "NOOO! WHY?! WHY COULD YOU NOT LET ME DIE!"

You have emoted: Xenia frowns at Exayne, "You did."

Exayne’s Description:

He is a muscular Azudim that is relatively short in stature, but well
    muscled. His lithe body is toned, ready for quick movement at the twitch of a tail. Exayne is covered in a dark, inky black fur that seems to melt into the shadows around him, save for a long streak of purple that starts just between to pert ears that flick, listening for disturbances near by, and runs down his back to end at the tip of a long, sleek tail. On his neck, for all that can see it runs a deep furrow, as if something has clawed at him, the scar a silvery mar which stands out, a direct contrast to the coloured fur which covers him. Surrounding it are many veins, throbbing in a slow rhythm. Under those two active ears is a feline like face, home to two crystal blue eyes their colour marred only by a single mote of black which swirl aimlessly around his right
    iris. Pupils slit down the center that rest atop a soft, velvety muzzle. At the ends of his long, rope-like muscled arms are a set of sharp looking claws, similar to those found on his feet. He walks with the blessing of Auresae.

Wylliam stabs one end of the dhurive into the ground, "Exayne, How do you feel?

Gwenith finally drops the pitcher, letting it fall from her grasp in the shock of seeing a man explode right in front of her. She stumbles back, scrubbing at the black and blood on her face, moaning with pain as it burns into her skin and paying not mind as you returns the soul back into the shell.

You have emoted: Covered in blood and gore, both red and black seems to come natural to Xenia who merely wipes at her face as one would wipe away sweat. Her green eyes narrow over Exayne, "You are such a fool, Exayne."

Exayne pants starring at his hands and shaking.

Though the blood and remains on you give no reason for concern, where the black substance that filled Exayne's body touches your skin, it begins to burn.

You have emoted: Xenia suddenly makes a grab for the pitcher in Gwenith's hand, "Give me that," she gasps, hands pawing about her skin and body with sudden urgency.

Wylliam puffs out a tired breathe, turning, "Come Ciri, let's get out of here."

Exayne staggers to his feet, picks up his pack and silently strides off, not sparring a glance for anyone.

Melantha, breathing a prayer of thanks, rushes quickly to Gwenith.

Melantha gives two buckets to Gwenith.

You have emoted: Xenia sinks to her knees, grabbing at the pitcher to much avail-- it is now empty. She begins to breathe heavily, pawing at her body. "The water, I need the water," she urges Gwenith.

"Melantha!" Gwenith drags an hand farntically over her face, able to open her eye for a moment as the woman appears. "Please... we need it." Her face covered in the same black ichor that covers all her clothes and bare skin burns at her skin as she slams her eyes shut again and gropes for the handle of the two buckets. "Xenia, wash in theses..."

Gwenith gives a wooden bucket to you.

Pausing, Wylliam Te'Straif, Fionna'Faol says to Gwenith, Disciple of the Heartwood, "Get some to pour around the Oak. I am needed elsewhere."

You have emoted: Xenia takes one of the pitchers from Gwenith and thrusts her hands into the water, before simply dumping the contents of it over head, allowing it to flow about her body as it comes.

[Xenia leaves after this to the bar]

Edit: just deleting a stray line here at the end. Thanks @Exayne for catching it.

• edited July 2014
    Sorry I took so long with my part in this. :/ I'm stuck on Blowtorch for the foreseeable future. Very compelling read, though.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • that was fun, started passing out towards the end, wasn't planning on anything like that to happen to be honest! Oh also the last line of the entire log shouldn't be there. Thanks for everyone who took part
  • CAMEO! But damn you guys are such meanies. I was just there for the RPs.
  • I told @Aren this directly, but I love seeing how dark the character is getting and how comfortable he seems being so. It's neat.
  • Sorry @Lim. I was too distracted to respond consistently. I'm always of the mind that if people want to be involved, they're welcome to be. :(