You're not my Pal(adin), friend

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
This discussion was created from comments split from: Play in a guild on the Life Side of Things? Here's Free Curing for you!.
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.
JensenSetneDraiman

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    At some point I want to play my paladin again, this makes me hopeful
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    If you do, please don't switch to Templar. Please please please please please please.

She's a 300+ year old paladin with falcon, I'm never switching her
    HavenNolaSerrice
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Jensen said:

She's a 300+ year old paladin with falcon, I'm never switching her

I wish I did the same with Haven. :(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Samp
    concoctions+forging+dparry+legacyclass=love
    Furtum
    Chivalry dparry doesn't work anymore, tested in the LA a while back. On the other hand, you still have hellsight, and I'd really like to know what the damage formulas for ssl and dsl are. (it's 60% base damage per attack for dsk)

• TARGET FALCON
    Sheirosia
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    @Jensen - you can't keep concoctions and forging, you're supposed to issue yourself and have them upstairs zilch/refund the mercantile you're not keeping.
    point is moot if it's a circle 35 alt I don't play. Why would they 86 a skill on a 2 skill class anyway? Afraid I'll get rich forging weapons?
  • Ah it should be noted that Forging was probably yanked from Pally and falcons are gone (moved to a mini pet, I think). That being said, I only have two Infernals and no Pallies. -That- being said, I think this is a really cool deal, even as a module, and with no offenses.
    *unnecessary banner*
  • Falcons remain for people who maintain the legacy classes. There is currently a single aviary in existence, in the Templar guildhall that is still marked as property of the Paladins (last I saw). I would presume that you could walk over to the paladin aviary and get a new falcon assuming you're not an enemy of Enorian. The switch to minipet only happens on switch to templar/infernal, and only if your falcon is alive - or so I understand.

• Pretty sure all falcon related skills in Chivalry have been disabled and even getting a new one won't help. Who knows though, they might have been reactivated for whatever reason. I'm not really gonna argue because I've only got my Infernals to test and this isn't the place for it anyway.
    *unnecessary banner*
    Falcon skills are still enabled.

• Okie dokie, have fun trying. Me and everyone else with the classes gave up in 2011.
    *unnecessary banner*
    Borscin used his falcon and Infernal skills to great effect when he was playing in 2012 until Dask went and murdered his bird. So evidently, no, not everyone with the classes gave up in 2011.

ArekaStathanJensenXavinTeani
    I used mine a few months ago
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    For the record, attacking the bird is a perfectly reasonable tactic. They auto-flee. Bors kept calling his back everytime it fled. Kind of his own fault.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Through the bond you have with your falcon, you ask it to attack Squire Kitana
    Vandrin.

A falcon wounds you with a glancing cut.
    Health Lost: 52, cutting.

You bleed 5 health.
    Health Lost: 5

A falcon wounds you with a glancing cut.
    Health Lost: 59, cutting.

You bleed 5 health.
    Health Lost: 5

You order a falcon to assume a passive stance.
    With seeming reluctance, a falcon obeys your command.

Did recall/sanctuary, slay, and circle just now. All works fine
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    My paladin has sadly been deleted. I sent a mail (or msg, can't remember) about that, asking to have it recovered, but haven't heard anything. I wanted to start playing it again but, oh well. :/
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Yeah, we almost never recover deleted players. It can cause a lot of unpleasant ripples.
    [---]
    Furtum
  • Jen, try using the skills that actually matter in combat. Not the timidbash.
    *unnecessary banner*
    That's just what slay looks like for a very low level newb with a likely untrained falcon. I can do anything in ab chivalry falconry. Remember I'm not ordering ent attack target, I'm using the actual skill, therefore it works. Not going to trans my alt and get war talons just to prove a point.
    AshmerStathanArekaHavenAryanneSerrice
  • The falcons are still very much functional. I'm not sure what the confusion stems from.

i am rapture coder
    Xavin
  • Omei said:

The falcons are still very much functional. I'm not sure what the confusion stems from.

It likely stems from bugs that cropped up in -Infernal- chivalry a while after the revamp. I heard a while back that some infernal skills were broken. Don't know if they were fixed or if someone was just derping around.

Or it was Divine misdirection to get everyone to switch class
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Likely stemmed from the fact that Galleus (I think it was G anyway) said that the class would get ZERO support have Carnifex release. So if anything broke or needed changing beyond nerfs, tough luck.

The only bug I can remember with Infernal after Carnifex release was some issue with FSL and bashing. Though I think Borscin found a work around or disproved it as he went on and ended up winning the Great Hunt to follow with Infernal class. (Or nabbing the top 3 spot at the very least.)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I just wanted to say this is the greatest thread title ever.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

OleisSetneMoireanJensenRivas
    Chiming in to agree with @Haven. Without getting into my personal frustration that these classes still exist at all, I can assure you that we're not fixing problems with the legacy classes or even guaranteeing that they will continue to work.
    [---]
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Out of curiosity, why don't you guys just delete the classes? It seems weird that they stay around and can mess with balance and stuff.
    I would love to. But it's going to be an unpopular decision and we haven't had a pressing reason to do so yet.
    [---]
    XavinJensen