I have decided to make public the Fortress curing system to all who belong to one of the following guilds:
Ascendril • Daru • Luminaries • Templar • Sentinels • Shamans • Sentaari
The system works via cMUD and a Mudbot module named Fortress. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge Lanira and the work he put into the Citadel module that predated Fortress and is the basis for many things within this system.
If someone wants to make a mudlet interface for the module, I'll be happy to walk you through how to interact with the system.
Irruel is working on a Mudlet GUI here: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1344/fortress-for-mudlet-gui#latest
The module authorizes such that should you leave one of these guilds, the system will no longer be authorized for you as I set it to organizational authorization versus individual. At a later date, I may attempt to make it blanket authorize for Duiran and Enorian, but at this time I have not gotten that far.
I feel this next point is very important:This system is provided as is. I am giving this to you, as a gift. If you choose to give me any credits, that is your prerogative and does not garner you any additional level of support.
What will this system do? Well, it will cure for you at a level superior to firstaid and many others. Unlike the previously posted Duckie System, Fortress is what I actually use to fight with on a day to day basis. I've stripped out a lot of my own personal utility scripts -- this is meant as a starting point for you to get better and learn to stand on your own two feet. There is a clan in the game, Training Center, that is used to answer OOC combat questions and our community is rather open and generally helpful.
What does this system give you as it stands?
Within the MudBot Module:
• Advanced Parrying, with a standard mode and a lycan specific parry mode
• Prioritizable Sip modes (Health \ Mana)
• Lightwall Handling
• Channel Capture via GMCP (iterators be damned!)
• Toggleable Lust Rejection
• PreRestore with variable threshholds
• Affliction data passed through GMCP to the client side (%gmcp.citadel.data)
• Toggle between Stability\Mass
• Toggle between Mindseye\Allsight
• Interact with the module using I_on and I_off for the various settings (_help)
• All curing modes, including renew and the various iterations of such
• Variable latency handling
• Add your own afflictions, or edit the cure order by editing the lookups.lua file
• A toggle (DELAYCLOT) that lets you choose to instantly clot or give moss a chance
• Auto-pauses on shatter attempts
• PASSIVE is a toggle that will let you not unpause on paralysis if you want to hope passive curing ticks
• You cannot enter DIAG if you have Hypochondria
• Variable Cure lists (editable via lookups.lua, changeable on the fly via menu button or heal_list
• Illumination Flare Handling
• Shaman Handling
• Auto Soul grabbing for you Dhar people out there.
• Illusion proof for the most part (Symptoms toggle)
• Will cure without ANSI data while in Lightwall
• Advanced handling for Luminary Overwhelm
• Basic Kai Strike Handling
• Channel Capture Window
• Enemy Status Tracker (can be used to build an offense)
• Starchart Sub
• Concoctions (refills, refillsc are the aliases. Latter is for casks)
What don't you get?
• An offense. Any offense.
• On demand technical support. I will check this thread regularly and if you have questions, try to answer them. I'm doing this because I'm tired of the massive numbers being thrown at the Life side by Shadow and I'm offering an incentive to come fight with us.
• A map file. If you want a Mudbot map file, I highly recommend @Xavin
's -- I believe he charges 50 credits a copy.
How do I get it?
First, go here and download this:
- You'll need the x64 and x86 versions.
Then, download this:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32023038/FortressPublic.zip
Then, right click and SAVE TARGET AS on this:https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkyxi0x2kr5dmt9/FortressPublic.xml
Once downloaded, launch mudbot.exe
Then, open cMUD and create a new session. Name it whatever you want, but set the host to localhost and the port to 123
Open and then press CTRL G to bring up the settings editor. Once there, import the FortressPublic.xml file we imported earlier.
You can now connect to Aetolia and play. I highly recommend you run the prompt alias to standardize the prompt for the purposes of the affliction tracker. Additionally, refer to _help from within cmud to see more information about the core.
When writing offensive scripts, remember to set both @tar
as your target for purposes of the affliction tracker. If you lock up, log (in color, please!) and send me via message a link to the log and I'll be happy to look it over and see how we can improve things. You can refer to items in the affliction database using %ismember -- as an example %ismember("paralysis", @enemy_affs)
would fire something if they had paralysis, !%ismember if they didn't.
As a favor to me, when you load this up, VOTE for AETOLIA.