Play in a guild on the Life Side of Things? Here's Free Curing for you!

DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore ExtraordinareRolling amongst piles of credits.
edited June 2014 in The Exchange
All -

I have decided to make public the Fortress curing system to all who belong to one of the following guilds:

Ascendril • Daru • Luminaries • Templar • Sentinels • Shamans • Sentaari

The system works via cMUD and a Mudbot module named Fortress. I would be remiss if I did not acknowledge Lanira and the work he put into the Citadel module that predated Fortress and is the basis for many things within this system. If someone wants to make a mudlet interface for the module, I'll be happy to walk you through how to interact with the system.
Irruel is working on a Mudlet GUI here: http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/1344/fortress-for-mudlet-gui#latest

The module authorizes such that should you leave one of these guilds, the system will no longer be authorized for you as I set it to organizational authorization versus individual. At a later date, I may attempt to make it blanket authorize for Duiran and Enorian, but at this time I have not gotten that far.

I feel this next point is very important:

This system is provided as is. I am giving this to you, as a gift. If you choose to give me any credits, that is your prerogative and does not garner you any additional level of support.

What will this system do? Well, it will cure for you at a level superior to firstaid and many others. Unlike the previously posted Duckie System, Fortress is what I actually use to fight with on a day to day basis. I've stripped out a lot of my own personal utility scripts -- this is meant as a starting point for you to get better and learn to stand on your own two feet. There is a clan in the game, Training Center, that is used to answer OOC combat questions and our community is rather open and generally helpful.

What does this system give you as it stands?

Within the MudBot Module:
• Advanced Parrying, with a standard mode and a lycan specific parry mode
• Prioritizable Sip modes (Health \ Mana)
• Lightwall Handling
• Channel Capture via GMCP (iterators be damned!)
• Toggleable Lust Rejection
• PreRestore with variable threshholds
• Affliction data passed through GMCP to the client side (%gmcp.citadel.data)
• Toggle between Stability\Mass
• Toggle between Mindseye\Allsight
• Interact with the module using I_on and I_off for the various settings (_help)
• All curing modes, including renew and the various iterations of such
• Variable latency handling
• Add your own afflictions, or edit the cure order by editing the lookups.lua file
• A toggle (DELAYCLOT) that lets you choose to instantly clot or give moss a chance
• Auto-pauses on shatter attempts
• PASSIVE is a toggle that will let you not unpause on paralysis if you want to hope passive curing ticks
• You cannot enter DIAG if you have Hypochondria
• Variable Cure lists (editable via lookups.lua, changeable on the fly via menu button or heal_list
• Illumination Flare Handling
• Shaman Handling
• Auto Soul grabbing for you Dhar people out there.
• Illusion proof for the most part (Symptoms toggle)
• Will cure without ANSI data while in Lightwall
• Advanced handling for Luminary Overwhelm
• Basic Kai Strike Handling

Within cMUD:
• Channel Capture Window
• Enemy Status Tracker (can be used to build an offense)
• Starchart Sub
• Concoctions (refills, refillsc are the aliases. Latter is for casks)

What don't you get?
• An offense. Any offense.
• On demand technical support. I will check this thread regularly and if you have questions, try to answer them. I'm doing this because I'm tired of the massive numbers being thrown at the Life side by Shadow and I'm offering an incentive to come fight with us.
• A map file. If you want a Mudbot map file, I highly recommend @Xavin's -- I believe he charges 50 credits a copy.

How do I get it?

First, go here and download this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
- You'll need the x64 and x86 versions.

Then, download this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32023038/FortressPublic.zip

Then, right click and SAVE TARGET AS on this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkyxi0x2kr5dmt9/FortressPublic.xml

Once downloaded, launch mudbot.exe

Then, open cMUD and create a new session. Name it whatever you want, but set the host to localhost and the port to 123

Open and then press CTRL G to bring up the settings editor. Once there, import the FortressPublic.xml file we imported earlier.

You can now connect to Aetolia and play. I highly recommend you run the prompt alias to standardize the prompt for the purposes of the affliction tracker. Additionally, refer to _help from within cmud to see more information about the core.

When writing offensive scripts, remember to set both @tar and @target as your target for purposes of the affliction tracker. If you lock up, log (in color, please!) and send me via message a link to the log and I'll be happy to look it over and see how we can improve things. You can refer to items in the affliction database using %ismember -- as an example %ismember("paralysis", @enemy_affs) would fire something if they had paralysis, !%ismember if they didn't.

As a favor to me, when you load this up, VOTE for AETOLIA.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

RiluoJayceRouAryanneSlypheSheirosiaAlee

Comments

• edited June 2014
    ....... Are you [] serious?

People paid 400 credits or close to $100 for this and was told IT'S NEVER going to be giving out, source code or for free... and ARE YOU [] SERIOUS?

Edited by Auresae: Dropping one letter so you can get around the language filter is bad business.

RouSheirosiaArbre
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I understand that frustration - I am one of those that paid for it (though I am also one of those who benefits from this handing out as well, yes). However, that was paid to Lanira who was also providing tech support, on top of limitations of only 3 characters. The cr and monies helped Lanira out and I am certain compensated for many headaches caused by derps such as myself going 'oh god I broke something help me'.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    @Azton - I am doing something to help the community. I am sorry if you feel you were ripped off, cheated, or whatever. I, personally, never received any money from the sales of Citadel and, to be honest, that's really not a conversation I'm interested in having again on these forums. I have put in many, many hours of work on this, evolving it from Citadel. Lanira left the source code with 5 people to my knowledge. I was the only one who chose to continue developing the system, though one other who has the code still plays. I was told, more or less, to do whatever I want with the code. Also, this isn't the source code, but rather, a compiled module. One that I actually offered you recently, if I recall?

You feel cheated, and I understand that. I personally bought several licenses. But this isn't Citadel, and any anger you feel towards Lanira for disappearing (where he still here, I wouldn't be doing this as he would be supporting Citadel) is misdirected when aimed at me. I was never paid or compensated in any way. Again, not a conversation I'm interested in having. This thread is about trying to attract players to play on the Life side of the game and give them something to help them.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• Daskalos said:

One that I actually offered you recently, if I recall?

NO You blackmailed me for my mudlet GUI I should still have the tells... YOU Didn't offer me it so get it right!

Just a P Take that me and many others paid for Citadel, 100dollars to get ripped of, no support and people are giving out said system which we got told will NEVER be giving out, source code etc and oh look.. it being given out!

edited June 2014
    I what? Blackmail is a pretty serious accusation and I invite anyone from the pools to go through the spools and find where I blackmailed you, Azton. I offered it to you and you told me that 'your version had some custom stuff so you didn't want to change'.

Microsoft gives away video games each month via Games with Gold. They're usually games that are at least a year old, but they're still fun and useful. Do you get this angry if you bought a game from Microsoft brand new, used it for 2 years before people who didn't buy it could, and then it became free? The valuations on things rise and fall daily, that's the nature of a market. Again, I'm sorry that you're upset but I'm not understanding your rage being directed at me.

From the Citadel clan:

Trd: Contact Lanira
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Composed by: Lanira
    Composed on: 2014/05/02 06:04 GMT

Haha... nope.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Furthermore, this isn't Citadel. Citadel ceased being supported because of actions -just- like this where people made demands and yelled -at me- when I never received any money or made any promises. You're misdirecting your anger at entirely the wrong person, if you're angry. But I'm not even sure why you're angry other than you feel cheated. You have lost -nothing- that you didn't have before today. Nothing. Others just got a little more.

Zsadist
  • AuresaeAuresae Minneapolis
    Calm down now. This isn't the place to fight.
    DaskalosStathan
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited June 2014
    Support this. Good job, Dask.

Also, I can back up what Dask is saying. Some people were acting massively entitled with Citadel as I had people demanding that I support them as well at one point a year and a half or so ago and that it lead to a massive spat between Lanira and I because people got it in their heads that, before Dask was doing it, that I was somehow "claiming that it was mine and I was supporting Citadel". Thankfully, the confusion was cleared, but be grateful that Dask is actually providing a continuation of the source rather than being pissed that support was paid for the system and the guy who supports it is no longer around. That being said, as the guy who is providing the continuation of the source, it's his choice on what he wants to do with it.

Again, thanks Dask. Good work.

Neithan
  • @Azton‌
    You have every right to be pissed off at Lanira. I'm still shitty with him over citadel, too (he stopped maintaining it a week after I bought it, which was the same time as the templar/carnifex release. He did return later, but by then I'd quit Aet so I never got -any- use out of citadel at all).

You have no right to be pissed off at Dask though. He's doing what he wants to do with a system he was given the source to and told he could do whatever with. He could just as easily have created Fortress purely for himself and no one else.

AshmerDaskalos
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    If it wasn't on CMUD, I'd get it for my little super sekret Lifer alt.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    The curing works with any client, but to interact with the elements (i.e. to change parry type and such) you'll have to either make a GUI yourself for Mudlet or learn all the text commands (which I wouldn't recommend). I think @Irruel is going to help setup a Mudlet GUI, though.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I don't care if it's weird for me to say this, but yay free systems. I appreciate your being straight about the level of support it's going to receive, though I wish it wasn't just light-side guilds. There aren't any free cMUD systems available to the dark side of the game.

That said:

Mudlet R'lyeh.

This concludes my obligatory post in a system thread. Thank you for your time.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Sheirosia
  • SheirosiaSheirosia Sheffield, UK.
    Mostly just reiterating what many have said on the thread, but nice one for making this available. Anything like this to bring more fighters into the game simply can't be construed as a bad thing.
    IshinDourifStathanPiper
  • <3 Dasky you are such a helpful guy.
  • I'm either an idiot, or there's a step or two missing. What do I do with that second download (the zip)?
    Melantha says, "Just as I have earned the title of Mistress." You say, "Oh, I thought you got that other ways." You cough softly. Melantha tilts her head curiously at you. Melantha asks, "Is that something I should punch you for?" You look at Melantha and give her a sad nod. Melantha thrusts her arm out in a quick jab at you. She connects! Melantha asks, "Do try to avoid that in the future, hm?"
    Zip file, open up the folder and save it somewhere, that's where the mudbot core thing is that you run. You'll find the little .exe in there, just click it to run, minimize, and make sure your client is set to run through localhost.
  • Daskalos said:

You can now connect to Aetolia and play. I highly recommend you run the prompt alias to standardize the prompt for the purposes of the affliction tracker. Additionally, refer to _help from within cmud to see more information about the core.

Thank you for this. As a player returning to IRE combat and finding that the hurdles are higher than I remember them, this is going to be a great help.

May I ask, however, what the prompt alias is?

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Daskalos doesn't play anymore, bro.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    DaskalosDenira
    Once I'm home from work I'll pull it up for you, Amb. Might try looking at " _help " though, it should bring up his system-side help stuff.
  • You can use any prompt to get it working @Ambivalence‌

You just need to be in an Enorian guild I believe
  • It turns out that the prompt alias was in fact, "prompt," and I am the idiot standing outside the back gates of Moria. :P

It's worth noting, though, that for whatever reason the alias doesn't seem to work... copying the contents and slapping it right into the client did the trick, however.

Thanks for the replies, I hope no one actually went out of their way to deal with this.