Lycans are out!

Comments

• Also, just to note: get out there and explore the types, folks! There's a lot of new paths to explore and roleplay that's going to be unveiling in the coming weeks that will be unique to each of the types. (and wolves are boring lol)
    Ferrik
  • Actually because you have magic_impaired you are the best lycan class. Granted, the situations where that would be useful are very very limited, but those very limited situations are where lycans have the most problems for hindering.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Wolves may be boring, but that's what my friends and guildies want to be, and I want to be in a pack with them. So. I have to also be a wolf.
  • I don't see the love for magic_impaired as a roar. People keep saying it's the best, but they're saying so from the perspective of an affliction class.

Howls are more or less instantly cured. At most, they will be present for a couple of seconds.

A good howl combo either has synergy with ferality, or gives instant gratification.

Unless you're thinking about baying/packhowling in group pvp, which I can see uses for.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    OMG MOIREAN. YOU'RE THE LITTLE HALFLING WEREWOLVES FROM NWN. OUTSIDE THE CAVE. WHO ELSE REMEMBERS THEM?!?!?!?!?!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenAngwe
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I never said magic_impaired was best!

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Bears all day, because we don't have lions.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    PiperCalipso
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ishin said:
    OMG MOIREAN. YOU'RE THE LITTLE HALFLING WEREWOLVES FROM NWN. OUTSIDE THE CAVE. WHO ELSE REMEMBERS THEM?!?!?!?!?!

I showed them no mercy.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin

Haven said:
    I showed them no mercy.
    Neither did I :D Pwnt them, then raided errthang.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I posed this question just a bit ago, and thought id bring it here.  The "adaptation" artifact, which allows you to change your statpack once for each time you change your class...how is it going to work with all of this?  I get the fact that if it was allowed to be used every time you mutate or revert that it would get abused...but it also is going to not be very handy to be stuck in wise statpack when starting as Sciomancer or a INT based class and needing a different useful statpack for Shapeshifter. 

I don't see why it would be particularly OP to allow change when you mutate. You're essentially changing class. There's just no 12hr/1hr cooldown on it.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I was told by Oleis that the adaption and polymath artifacts will work with each mutate, which is good for me who has both!  and is rather fair I believe
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Ishin
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited April 2014

@Oleis, it does suck for people that have classes that need +eq enhancements for their main class. Adaptation and polymath are cool, though it does seem that it'll let people reincarnate at whim if it just works every mutation.

I don't know how viable this is, but maybe set it up so that you set your mutated statpack and enhancements separatedly from your normal one? This would allow Shamans and Mages access to the class without investing in 1400+ cr in artifacts in higher-tier PK.

Edit: Sorry, that came out preachy. Just an idea I had, not sure if y'all already thought of it and it's untenable, or what.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

IshinDamonicus
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited April 2014
    Having a single one use "separate statpack" etc for mutating makes perfect sense to me. I would love to see this made a thing if at all possible please. Also @Ashmer agreed 100%

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @ashmer I like that idea, it keeps people from abusing the shapeshift/polymath count down timer
    Ishin
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Ashmer I would agree with this as well, and would make sense to me.  I could see later down the road where other sub classes like Shapeshifter come out and would then start to share those cool downs.  Also would open for more possible artifacts for us credit whores to spend on!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    This is so cool.

I'm conflicted - Lin's had Atabahi for ages but I almost kinda want to change my type! I could be a cool werecroc.
    Aarbrok
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    New werecroc-exclusive skills:
    * Ferality - Deathroll

Damnit, now I want to go werecroc.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    RiluoIshinLin
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Smelling weakness, you snap at the crook of Xemnas's arm with your mighty jaws and pin him to the ground.
    Balance Used: 2.79 seconds
    [6753(100%)|4446(100%)|0|99%|100%|51.9%|S:100%|Mad:0%] [HMsdb e- lr] Werecroc (-40e)
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    [6753(100%)|4446(100%)|0|99%|100%|51.9%|S:100%|Mad:0%] [HMsdb eb lr] Werecroc (+30e)deathroll xemnas
    Hissing loudly, you roll your body around, dragging Xemnas with you, shredding his flesh with your teeth and crushing him with your weight.
    [6753(100%)|4446(100%)|0|99%|100%|51.9%|S:100%|Mad:0%] [HMsdb eb lr] Werecroc

Just saying...

Also SUBMERGE

With a rumbling inhale, you fill your lungs with air and slowly sink beneath the waters in silence. The water stills above you, leaving only a few scant bubbles atop the surface to mark your passage.
    [Tripwire]: Info: +DEF+ SUBMERGED
    Balance Used: 1.86 seconds
    SetneCalipsoIshin

Pls2be setting it up so that these awesome type-specific moves also trigger Quarter if a packmate has a jawlock on the target.

So like, if I have @Daskalos in a jawlock, and @Ferrik is there, @Ferrik can do DEATHROLL DASKALOS and kill him instantly, instead of doing QUARTER DASKALOS.

Just another idea! <.<

>.>

Arbre
    Deathroll doesnt kill, it was doing around 1600 damage, so its on line as a flavored RIP alternative...

Flooded it did about 1800 Damage, so its a damn good skill. I am not certain if it scales with health, that is with me at roughly 7K health
  • Sad to see Bracing placed again as a Bear-only skill. Being made universal really helped the 'Lycan squishy' factor and that small defense boost was really helping it out. Any chance we could turn it back to universal or create some tangent ability for the rest? Scales for crocs, thickfur for wolves, resolve for boar?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    They did each get their own version. Wolves have extra dodge, boars have higher sip, bears have extra physical resist and crocs have extra magic/fire/electric resist.
    Aarbrok
    edited April 2014
    TBH, the Boars look really cool, I was just saying to @Vimi how Gore seems pretty awesome, plus its a legitimate instakill under 25% Health if done, which is a cool and viable option.

Also Stampede, thats a cool buff type thing for your allies, which is awesome!

That being said...Croc4Lyfe
    FerrikCalipso
  • The new things seem good flavour, and not useless - but also not balance-changing.

Double jugular is 1330 damage, 400 bleeding, and 10% head damage at 2.5 seconds. Give or take depending on who the two people are.

In the time it takes you to jawlock-->specialattack
    You could instead do two double jug combos.

AarbrokIshin
  • Stampede:

Tossing your head and stomping the ground with a cloven hoof, you give a bellow that sends spittle flying from your agape jaws in a rallying cry to your allies for a mighty charge forward.

<3
  • How to see the amount of mutationy madness you have currently accrued?
    Rawr
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    config prompt madness on

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Amberlea said:
    How to see the amount of mutationy madness you have currently accrued?

What @Riluo said if you're using a non-custom prompt. If you're using a custom prompt, you can use the token @madness, with the color ^L.

SlypheIshin