Drawings of Aetolia

Comments

• We can walk around with gauntlets full of ylem mist for forever (or until gauntlet decays) and nothing happens. Small doses should be alright if not in direct Contact with the skin.
    XeniaZaila
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.

I drew a kelki. Ooh kelki. Not really finished or anything but hey.

TeaniEmelle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I just thought I'd share this. It's been in my "Should probably fix"-folder for a long time, just adding a few things here and there when I've felt like it. @Hadrak reminded me of it because of that awesome Albedos map.

IselleSaritaSatomiIsandeZaila
  • An embarrassingly large number of those locations are no where near where I pictured them. /saves to computer

Arbre
    @Aryanne I could give you another one with more names on it if you want?

Aryanne
  • OMG Yes. Help me geography.

edited January 2016
    So, made a few changes to it and added more locations just to make @Aryanne happy. :smiley:

Also, though it is in need of updating again, there is a dotted world map on the website.

AryanneAvishaiEmelleIsandeKonnornXandrenDalen
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Is this really the layout of Aetolia? What the actual fuck. My sense of direction has been screwed for a while.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

AryanneZsadist
    It's my own layout, but it's based on the dotted world map, which shows the directions of all exits. Naturally I have filled it out a bit, so the Vashnar mountains might not stretch that far east, but from room descs it is described as being seen in the background from the desert and it's only natural to keep things connected in some way.
    Might help some to find their way at least!

• Teani said:

It's my own layout, but it's based on the dotted world map, which shows the directions of all exits. Naturally I have filled it out a bit, so the Vashnar mountains might not stretch that far east, but from room descs it is described as being seen in the background from the desert and it's only natural to keep things connected in some way.
    Might help some to find their way at least!

It's not 100% there, but it's a fairly decent assessment of the layout (in comparison to other maps I've seen that are supposed to be somewhat accurate). We were discussing this sort of thing upstairs recently, that we sometimes forget the sheer scale of space between areas that doesn't -seem- to be as spread out because of how the in-game maps look.
    I'll keep tinkering with it, @Dristin

• @Sen I'd mark them as Awesome but that wasn't available. You've got that style that I most adore. Sketchy, messy, you can see the thought process as you drew. Absolutely wonderful, beautiful work! I'm floored <3

• A semi-old headshot of Rasani. I'll post others when I have more!
    AryanneEmelleCarsonPilarSenAisling
  • @Phoenecia drew this for me! It's so amazing omg

Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
    KelliaraEmelleZailaKerryn
  • edited June 2016
    Hrm...lots of white being worn. I know it's not wool, but I'm still thinking the shoe fits.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Kelliara said:

Hrm...lots of white being worn. I know it's not wool, but I'm still thinking the shoe fits.

Well, she's an Ascendril, specializing in water and ice to boot. I thought it was a lot better looking than a brown coat or some other color!
    Keroc
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    coats of brown, you know she's down, coat of white you're in for a fight.
    Xenia
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Aishia said:

coats of brown, you know she's down, coat of white you're in for a fight.

wut >>
  • Teani said:

So, made a few changes to it and added more locations just to make @Aryanne happy. :smiley:

Also, though it is in need of updating again, there is a dotted world map on the website.

this actually feels kind of "off" to my own sense of direction, but I suspect it's probably closer to correct than what my internal mental maps are, heh. Like that river that runs to just off the eastern side of Esterport that links Duiran and Esterport more closely. Since we have not one but TWO direct paths there, one involving a river, the other involving a small village just a bit northwest of Duiran.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • So I drew a picture of @Aishia lying in the grass.

And then I drew a better picture of Aishia.

Here's a picture of ol' sour face Sebastienne herself:

EmelleXeniaAishiaAtrapoemaLaitNolaTeaniHaven
    Xandren said:

this actually feels kind of "off" to my own sense of direction, but I suspect it's probably closer to correct than what my internal mental maps are, heh. Like that river that runs to just off the eastern side of Esterport that links Duiran and Esterport more closely. Since we have not one but TWO direct paths there, one involving a river, the other involving a small village just a bit northwest of Duiran.

I am guessing you are speaking of the Myesis river and Salma settlement here?

It's a bit tricky to make a real map when relying on nothing but dotted rooms of a MUD. No room in the game is the same size. Sometimes one location equals a single room within a small cottage, and sometimes it represents a sizeable part of a mountain range, or a long stretch of a dirt path. It is quite possible that I have not gotten this image right in everyone's eyes, however, I made as good of an estimate as I could using the dotted maps as a reference. Perhaps the small image below could give you an indication of how difficult it is to make the connections work.

With Salma it is simply a matter of use of the space within certain rooms. In the game, the north end of Salma connects with Western Ithmia just where you can split off towards Eastern or Northern Ithmia. The other end connects to the crossroad outside Esterport via a small dirt road. How long this road? No one knows for certain. The only thing that is certain is that Salma lies somewhere between that crossroad and the Ithmias. So long as you place it east of the Ranger's trail, south of Western Ithmia and north-ish of Esterport, you should be fine.

Then comes Duiran. It's definitely not a fun one to place on a map. Duiran connects with Eastern Ithmia and sort of stretches over that area, connecting with the Myesis river on the other side. However, that part of the Myesis is disconnected from the other one, running only between Duiran and the Kalydian forest. The other part of the Myesis river connects the southeastern part of Northern Ithmia and a rather central point in Eastern Ithmia (see the pink lines on the image below) with the Eastern Wilderness just by Riparium. It is even possible that Vintal Glade and Dolbodi are located east of the river, though there are no references telling us that this is true.

Also, I apologize for my lack of excellence in the picture below. It is just to demonstrate connections!

• oh, @Teani I wasn't actually meaning to offend, or even actually negative criticism, I LIKE what you did, I just was offering that it did feel a bit "off", maybe extend the eastern side a bit further as an outlet of land that curves into an inlet just southeast of esterport, but I also admit, my sense of direction and navigation as an entire map in my head that works for personal navigation, but has very little actual sense in so far as drawing the map. but I DO applaud your artistic skill in drawing that map, cartography is a very noble calling in my eyes, and I am glad that its still at least a hobby!
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    @Xandren not taken that way! I just felt it would be good to explain. :smile:

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's like "whoah that's a lot of mapful work" like I'm not really into that stuff the level it hits me at is more like, "whoah Teani is Industrious as heck."
    ZailaTeani
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Tenshyo
  • @Phoenecia updated my artwork with her Idreth features ((the silver eyes and the wings). It's so glorious!

BenedictoRasharAryanne
  • That Spear armband, too.
    XeniaLait
  • @Teol just dropping bombs