The month of February 2013

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    No, pretty sure I'd be shouting:

AngweAarbrok
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Devolving threads into a discussion of League of Legends is a violation of TOS and will get you banned instantly, and also punched in the nose. You have been warned.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    AlistaireLinEzalorRivasIllikaalSeirMalakEzraxAlastairValenae
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited March 2013
    Ezalor said:
    Play Lux.

Spam /laugh.

Enjoy rage.

Get banned.
    ftfy.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • RhoRho
    edited March 2013
    Supposedly they changed it so using the laugh emote didn't stop interrupt movement. Singed and Lux got immediately buffed.
    Lin
  • Serrice said:
    (waits quietly for Tracking, resins, and wrist mounted crossbows)
    Bumping this point. Any updates on the sentinel front?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Aldric said:
    Serrice said:
    (waits quietly for Tracking, resins, and wrist mounted crossbows)
    Bumping this point. Any updates on the sentinel front?
    The day traps are removed, i'll buy everyone a beer!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I warned you about Sentinels, bro. I told you, dog.

Reminds me of the Clouser comic.
    I think it has now officially achieved meme status.
    Lin
  • It does keep happening.

fumology where is it
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Anyone tried the ales thingies for this month's promotion? Or the keg? Trying to decide if it'd be worthwhile getting credits this month or if I should wait for a sale.
  • A bit unrelated but..

Does anyone know or can tell me how this revamp stuff is going to affect Syssin and especially how high / low their position is on the list?

I don't want to start scripting something for the class only to have it become obsolete before I'm even finished. >_<
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Tza said:
    A bit unrelated but..

Does anyone know or can tell me how this revamp stuff is going to affect Syssin and especially how high / low their position is on the list?

I don't want to start scripting something for the class only to have it become obsolete before I'm even finished. >_<
    I'd say that the Syssin class is quite a ways off from their revamp. Considering the Admin are doing classes with Mercantile skills first then I'd say that Syssin changes are coming after the Ascendril/Sciomancer revamps. My guess? Assuming all goes well, 4-5 months minimum from now before they start working on the changes.

1. Ascendril
    2. Sciomancer
    3. Sentinel (Might come before Ascendril, dunno)
    4. Syssin

I hope Carnifex fixes come somewhere along the line there but after the Syssin it's anyone's guess as to who comes first for the remaining classes. I'd say classes with shared skill sets follow.

• Cabalist / Indorani Highest priority
    • Daru / Sentaari Moderate priority
    • Luminary Lowest priority

Not sure if Lycans would get a work around at all. Aren't they already an Aetolian original along with vampires/Bloodborn? So they're probably looking at a few touch ups to bring them to the same level as the newer classes but I doubt much beyond that and regular liaison tweaks.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • @Haven: Thanks! But don't Syssin have a Merchantile skill too (venoms)? I figured if Sentinels are going to be changed soon(ish) due to having a merchantile skill, Syssin might too..
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited March 2013
    Tza said:
    @Haven: Thanks! But don't Syssin have a Merchantile skill too (venoms)? I figured if Sentinels are going to be changed soon(ish) due to having a merchantile skill, Syssin might too..
    They do. That's why I grouped them in the top list. The reason why I put Sentinels before the Syssin is because the Sentinels, as far as I know, have two of their three skill set changes already done. I imagine the Admin would bang out the last one prior to starting a new project with the Syssin.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Ah okay. Thank you!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think Haven just likes to use traffic light colors.
    KerrynCalipsoEsperAarbrokHaydynValenaeHavenIllikaal
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    The Luminaries may share some skills with other games, but aren't the Priests and are pretty original at this point. Some skills are mirrored, but overall it's very different from the others.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Calipso
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Why do Sents need (another) reworking? They already got metamorphosis axed. (imadeapun)
  • Because overlays weren't really that well thought out and 90% of the skills in Dhuriv went unused. On top of that, traps needed tweaking and they'll likely need some slight rework once the toxicology replacement goes in, juts like Syssin will likely need the same once their venom replacement goes in.

I personally loved metamorphosis and the versatility/variety it offered and found dhuriv a lot less fun to play, so I agree with dhuriv being underused. In that regard, a revamp could make the class a lot more interesting. Please don't make Sents too awesome with a revamp or I'll want to rejoin them. >_<

My question was more asking why are they on the table before other classes who haven't been touched in a while?
  • Because mercantile skills. It goes with the admin's decision to remove all mercantile skills from classes, so that every class has 3 full 'combat' skills and to force some choice in regards to tertiary item-creation. The first to go was forging, likely enchanting will be next and then venoms/toxicology, though I doubt that both will exist since they eliminated conjuration entirely.

Ah, I see. That makes sense, then.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2013
    @Alexina I have the keg but the desc is not finished and its not working properly.
    I have an issue out for it, so far its pretty neat with the bonuses.  

EDIT: THE BOOZE IS FLOWIN!
  • Dhuriv as a concept is amazing and I hope it's kept. I remember when it first came out, Sibatti and I had a nerd-gush session about how to roleplay it (I wasn't a Sentinel, nor do I have one [I SHOULD MAKE ONE] but we were discussing it).
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Razmael with the sub-race Lycanthrope coming will it conflict with the sub-race of Vampire??  Or will it ever come to a point where we will have to choose between the two, or will be have access to both if we want it??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    edited March 2013
    Haven said:
    Tza said:
    A bit unrelated but..

I'd say that the Syssin class is quite a ways off from their revamp. Considering the Admin are doing classes with Mercantile skills first then I'd say that Syssin changes are coming after the Ascendril/Sciomancer revamps. My guess? Assuming all goes well, 4-5 months minimum from now before they start working on the changes.

1. Ascendril
    2. Sciomancer
    3. Sentinel (Might come before Ascendril, dunno)
    4. Syssin

I hope Carnifex fixes come somewhere along the line there but after the Syssin it's anyone's guess as to who comes first for the remaining classes. I'd say classes with shared skill sets follow.

• Cabalist / Indorani Highest priority
    • Daru / Sentaari Moderate priority
    • Luminary Lowest priority

Not sure if Lycans would get a work around at all. Aren't they already an Aetolian original along with vampires/Bloodborn? So they're probably looking at a few touch ups to bring them to the same level as the newer classes but I doubt much beyond that and regular liaison tweaks.

Lycanthropes don't need a re-work. They're a good and dare I say balanced class right now because they're versatile without becoming incredibly overbearing. They have classes that they are weak against and classes that they are strong against. They're a pretty good model of what a class should be.

In my opinion, a balanced class should be:
    1.) A class with an obvious weakness. Like not being very good at taking damage.
    2.) The skillsets don't conflict and actively work together to pursue an offense.
    3.) The class is capable of fighting BY ITSELF. This is a big one. Team fights are nice, but the game is built and balanced around 1 v 1 with a few exceptions.

The most important aspect to any class and what makes them successful though is: Versatility.

If a class becomes predictable and only has one means of killing, the class is no longer a threat. Systems these days are smart enough and capable enough to build against one means of pursuing a kill. If your offense contains variance and different means of pursuing a kill, it becomes less about being countered by a system and more about the individual skill level of the person you're fighting because they need to have the ability to be cognizant of the fact that you've changed your offense and are now pursuing this means or you're swapping to and fro offensively in order to gain momentum. Lycanthrope does this, Praenomen does this, Syssin can theoretically do this, Luminaries are starting to be able to do this.

Classes that struggle are the ones with only one really viable or gimmicky means of killing: Cabalist (Disturb/Unravel), Indorani (Hunger Uncon into Death Tarot), Carnifex (Momentum gained from soul drain), etc. 
    Calipso
  • Psst, guys.

It's almost April now.