This is an awful game where you play as 2D spessmens (space men) and work together to keep a space station up and running. Except that your coworkers might be brutally incompetent. Oh, and usually there are one or more people actively working to destroy the place.
To play, you need BYOND, a lightweight and atrocious program that serves as the game's platform. This is all free by the way.http://www.byond.com/
The server I play on is Baystation 12, which is a heavy RPI server with certain restrictions (no clowns, boxers, mimes, genetics, or any other silly/abusive/unbalanced jobs; whitelisted xeno races). It has a pretty excellent RP scene there. If you can get past the awful game interface you just might like it!http://baystation12.net/
Anyway, if you've heard of the game or play, post your stories here! My current favorite:
- Spawned as an antagonist team: the nuclear operatives. We choose a name at round start and discovered that all but one of us named ourselves after James Bond films. We quickly changed the jobs on our IDs to 'Agent 00X' and put on our best navy-blue suits.
- We descend upon the space station NSS Exodus, with the intention of securing the bar and running off with their liquor dispenser, so that we may have all the martinis we can drink.
- This plan goes off wrong immediately. Security discovers us almost right away. Agent 005 Moonraker gets impatient with an airlock and opens up that portion of the station with a C4 charge. General shenanigans.
- My character, Agent 002 Thunderball, slips through mostly unnoticed, until I reach the Cargo Bay, where a lowly technician discovers me. I give them a few shots in the leg with my submachine gun. Unfortunately they die.
- "Thunderball, did you kill someone?"
- "I apologize terribly for my rudeness. I meant to leave them only shaken, not stirred."
- Agent 008 Dr. No shouts at me from the operative shuttle a lot.
- I have to AFK most of the round due to an emergency. Come back to find that Agents Goldeneye and Skyfall have made off with the station's gold and silver.
- "It's been a pleasure, Exodus. We would stay and chat, but alas... you only live twice."