MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Making you read that many books, I understand it's a text game it's all reading but that seems quite excessive. 

My own rage, taking a break from Call of Duty for a few months then going back and being terrible at it.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • Menelaus was like this in Bouchard too. It is one of the reasons he got booted, amongst other factors. In all honesty I do not understand the need to read so many books to gain a rank in a guild.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • edited May 2013
    Requiring a little reading for progression is okay. Requiring 14 books, 10 help files and the laws of the org is not okay.

EDIT: HOWEVER THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR RAGE ABOUT IN-GAME THINGS!!!!

ON TOPIC: The canister filter I use for my turtle tank was making clicking sounds all last night, so I only got eh quality sleep, and not nearly as many hours of it as I would have liked. So here I am thinking that I might have to replace it, which is something I don't want to do because 1. vacation in a week and 2. new computer in june/july that will soak up a lot of my extra cash.

Turns out that I can likely fix it with a $10 part. Not as bad as I thought, but still raeg :(

Emelle
  • Jacked-up sleep schedules. I go to bed late, wake up -exhausted-, work all day, come home...then somehow am NOT sleepy and can't get to bed until 2am again. It's like I'm ninja-ing a nap in there somewhere, but no one's telling my brain or my body.

Vacation cannot come fast enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

ValenaeArbreHaydyn
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Or you could always come back to the Sentaariiiii~
    StathanHaydyn
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited May 2013
    Oh, Xavin is right. This thread is about OOC rages.

Why do we have a thread about OOC rages in the game-related subforums when we have an entire OOC subsection for these sort of threads?

O.o
    ValenaeAryanne
  • The only book we have is the one I wrote that no one reads. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited May 2013
    LinAlexinaEmelleAngweHaydynPerilunaKiyotan
  • Alright, seems I need to step in here.

We do not require an obscene amount of reading. If someone asks questions that are not in the 'required reading' which is basically about the formation of the Indorani  - story of Yetrent and such - then those questions aren't relevant. The 'suggested reading' is meant to be simply that, suggested reading that isn't required, but can be good to fill out your knowledge of Indorani lore, history or other interesting stuff.

I haven't heard any silliness about obscene amounts of reading IG and anybody who is suggesting that our novices need to read 14 books needs to tell Marharet about it so she can stop it. Homework and busy-work does not equal fun.
    You murmur to Niuri, "By the way, I love the maid outfit."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Severn does like it on Me too, I have heard."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Best keep it before anyone else sees it!"
    Niuri removes a maid outfit.
    AmaraAlexinaEmelleAryanne
    edited May 2013
    Marharet said:
    Alright, seems I need to step in here.

We do not require an obscene amount of reading. If someone asks questions that are not in the 'required reading' which is basically about the formation of the Indorani  - story of Yetrent and such - then those questions aren't relevant. The 'suggested reading' is meant to be simply that, suggested reading that isn't required, but can be good to fill out your knowledge of Indorani lore, history or other interesting stuff.

I haven't heard any silliness about obscene amounts of reading IG and anybody who is suggesting that our novices need to read 14 books needs to tell Marharet about it so she can stop it. Homework and busy-work does not equal fun.
    That would be your guildmaster. HEAD OF NOVICES

Try asking him what the books are about.
  • edited May 2013
    Alexina said:
    Oh, Xavin is right. This thread is about OOC rages.

Why do we have a thread about OOC rages in the game-related subforums when we have an entire OOC subsection for these sort of threads?

O.o
    THIS. OMG -THANK YOU-. I still click on the OOC subform to post in this thread out of habit from the old Aetolia forums and it makes me growl at my laptop when I realize it isn't there. 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Aryanne
  • Holy crap keep the Aet stuff to the Aet thread. Srsly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

EmelleHaydyn
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    I. Hate. Insomnia.
    HaydynAryanne
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I hate macarons with an intense passion. I love eating them, but trying to actually make them is a huge pain. You can do everything right, but they can still go wrong, and you'd never know why. I've been trying for a year, and tried several different recipes, and I've only ever made TWO batches that came out perfectly.

I hate these stupid cookies.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Kindlebre used MOVE THREAD! It might be effective!
    HaydynEmelleAryanneLiancaValenaeAmara
  • edited May 2013

Having two weeks to find an apartment when I'm working fourteen days in a row.. and the second week, I'm housesitting and have to return home straight after work. :/

You'd think I would have learned to always have a back up plans when depending on friends. After this, I'm not going to trust anyone to have their shit together regardless of how much they tell me it will be. Also, angry that this fallout on communication happened because, instead of talking to me, they attempted to use another friend as a liason.. who refused to act the part. Total breakdown of communication.. and they wonder why I'm angry.

LinAryanne
    Having to find the same apartments and living across the country. >.<
    Orisae
  • edited May 2013
    Work and school. And slowing having to accept failure in the latter.

I don't like failure. It feels super-unicornsy. But, trying to make it all pass is just not working and I've got the most severe case of burnout I've had since highschool.

No motivation, not enough time, minimal sleep, no motivation. It's the most busy, stressful time of the year at work (imagine Christmas for retail, only adding production to the as sales and consoling sad, grieving people at the same time). Coupled with being short-staffed, my 6-day work week makes it hard to try and pretend I still give-a-unicorn about schooling that I am supposed to be done with this quarter. But graduation for me just means a piece of paper and the satisfaction of "look, I did something!" not a better job, not planning to go off to university any time soon, It's just a stupid little AA to make me feel good about myself. And did I mention "no motivation"?

I want to be done so badly, but don't care enough to try.

spoilered for depressing (ohgodpleasework)

[Spoiler]  And add to this, someone hung themselves in a tree at our cemetery a week ago and no one said anything about it until now. Not the sheriff's office, not the family, not our grounds crew. Seriously?! Some poor lady was out there putting flowers on her family memorial and saw him hanging in the tree. At least it didn't make it into the paper. There is a fleet of phone calls I never knew I didn't want to take the brunt of...  [/spoiler]

• Not having Internet for about a week because the person who was supposed to be paying it 'forgot' for 3 months. Good thing I had one last paycheck after being laid off two weeks ago.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I hate that work has been so slow lately that they're giving me one less day a week for as long as it is slow. Meh..

Haven
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Solaria said:
    I hate that work has been so slow lately that they're giving me one less day a week for as long as it is slow. Meh..
    While I understand why they do it, I loathe jobs like that. People got bills to pay!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Haven said:
    Solaria said:
    While I understand why they do it, I loathe jobs like that. People got bills to pay!
    Yeah. These are really good people, love what I do, but meh..just tiresome. 

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Nice weather, festival in town, people cheering outside my window, orchestras playing, people laughing, family and friends strolling around somewhere out there enjoying themselves.

I'm stuck inside, studying. :(

Aryanne
  • Toz said:
    The only book we have is the one I wrote that no one reads. :(
    I've read it! I recommend it during novice intros too so it may see some reading action...maybe. 

Rage: My body seems to be in vampire mode . Work all day, tired as hell, come home, but can't sleep. I read, I login to Aet, potter around the house re-arranging things and right around 6 AM, when the outside is just getting light, fall asleep. Wake at 11, shove off to work, and catch short naps when I'm certain nobody's watching. The -only- way for me to fall asleep before morning is if I drink copiously which leads to me falling asleep by 3 AM only to wake with a hangover. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
    I hate that my AC has gone out and it's the first real time I've used it since we bought this house a month ago. Meh.

• As my relationship gets more serious I'm getting triggered more often and I'm angry, among other things, that its causing so many issues lately. I'm not a crier and I'm tearing up constantly, I'm loosing my appetite, and just getting worked up about random stuff that doesn't have any bearing on any life issues I'm encountering. What's worse is I feel like a whinner. It annoys me that I'm either depressed or happy and there doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• Feeling really unappreciated and left out.

Makes me want to stop trying. 
    IllikaalStathan
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Being stressed out. I have a pretty high threshold when it comes to stress, but my life is becoming somewhat ridiculous of late. Worst part is seeing everyone 'loving that their year is out, they're FREEEE', knowing I have a month of hell ahead of me before I'm done. -.-

Aryanne
  • Sore throat and strep tests. Ugh.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."