MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Guys guys guys, she needs the eyebrows. People who actually have that blonde of hair (or silver, or whatever) -generally- look as if they have no eyebrows due to the shade. And it's super weird.

• edited April 2013
    Rage at my family turning any small pebble into a giant mountain of drama. Rage at my sister for being so fricken clueless and constantly repeating the same mistakes, refusing to listen to anyone, and then all of us getting issues because of her utter ignorance. Rage at my father for being an abusive paranoid prick that takes any slight against him as an act to oppose his 'authority' and kicks dust into the air constantly to make life nothing but a huge knot of tension and drama.

Glad though that my sister is finally traveling back to Australia tomorrow morning and this farce of a visit is finally fucking over with so that I can go back to my  'normal life'. 1 good thing at least.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Mariena said:
    Guys guys guys, she needs the eyebrows. People who actually have that blonde of hair (or silver, or whatever) -generally- look as if they have no eyebrows due to the shade. And it's super weird.
    I have a friend with very light hair, and we had to draw some eyebrows onto her for a stage production we did so they'd be visible from the audience.

It was hilarious because, now with visible eyebrows, she had no idea how to use them. Couldn't raise them or wiggle them or anything.

ZunAarbrokErzsebetEmelle
  • Somehow I ended up with an eyelash -in- my laptop screen. It's just sitting there mocking me any time I'm on any website with a white/light background, and it won't go away :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    That's what you get for havin' them girly lashes, Nyrus.
  • I rage at every person who has an animated .gif in their signature.

EXCEPT ARBRE.
    ArbreAryanne
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    The Trundle revamp looks sick. BUT I HATE WHAT THEY DID TO HIS LORE OHMYGODWHY. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Fenrir said:
    I rage at every person who has an animated .gif in their signature.

EXCEPT ARBRE.
    I suppose you just can't deal with it?
    Edhain
  • When a nursing assistant doesn't bother to show up (again) and I'm working on a four person floor with only one other person.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• WORKING FOR FAMILY: (a short list of reasons it sucks)

Impossibility of requesting time off/going out of town without having to explain it in detail to conservative family, "Your boyfriend?! He's from an internet game? You better be careful, you can't trust anyone on the internet, he's probably an ugly 70 year old adulterer! I don't want any great-grandbabies!".
    Acceptance of no raise / increase in benefits for years.
    Being treated like my input is insignificant because I'm "the granddaughter".
    Constant questions about my personal life, and subsequent judgmental replies if I actually decide to reveal details.

I know there are inherent upsides to working for family (nepotism reigns supreme) such as: flexible scheduling, reasonable assurance of not being fired, and getting to see family on a regular basis.

That last one. Yeah. HAVING to see family on a regular basis... Only an upside when they're not being overbearing and crotchety, snapping at each other, or moaning that (heaven forbid) we can't wait for them to actually stick with what THEY promised they would do and get the unicorns out and retire this year.

I'd really -really- like to actually be excited about a family gathering when it's a novelty that I get to see my grandparents.

tl;dr: WORKING FOR FAMILY *rage*

Angwe
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Valenae said:
    When a nursing assistant doesn't bother to show up (again) and I'm working on a four person floor with only one other person.
    ololololol. 

Try working an EIGHT person floor with two people. 

Never again. Never again. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • MereliiMerelii Reno, NV DesertFTW
    Rage that every time I see one of the darn syndicate enforcers light a cigarette, it makes me want one too.

LinRivasAngwe
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Somewhat mad at myself for forgetting Planet Comicon was today (for some reason, I had it in my head it was on the 13th), and I am going to miss out on seeing Wil Wheaton's panel. =( 

There was also a costume contest I would have had a very good chance at placing in. ALAS. 
  • edited April 2013
    Illidan said:
    Valenae said:
    When a nursing assistant doesn't bother to show up (again) and I'm working on a four person floor with only one other person.
    ololololol. 

Try working an EIGHT person floor with two people. 

Never again. Never again. 
    I would walk out, heh

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• edited April 2013
    Looking at the credit card, looking at the Aet credit website, looking over at the girlfriend, putting the credit card away with my head down in shame. (no giftbags for me.........)

AngweAryanne
  • Whipped.
    MastemaAlastairCalipsoValenaeElwynXavinIllikaalZun
  • Looking on, helpless, as a family member struggles with their health. I'm just trying to make it to graduation because I so desperately want her to see me walk across the stage and get my diploma. 
    imageimage
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I have off-topics and disagrees on some of my comments but when I click on them in my profile to obsess about them it doesn't show them >: (

IlyonMoireanAldricValenaeArbreDharIllikaalPerilunaAlastair
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    After a few days of my computer very sluggishly connecting to the internet, we have come to the conclusion that my laptop is responsible. It's time for a new one. Then the weather started to get warm, and the AC decided it doesn't want to work anymore either. That'll be a $5,500 replacement if our warranty company decides not to cover it.
  • Finally remembered and had time to go get a haircut...so I'm all excited...go down there and RAWAWRARARAGAGAHGAH!!! THEY ARE CLOSED ON MONDAYS.

:(
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • $5k for A/C ... is it gold plated, a transformer, and comes with a waffle iron on it!
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    AryanneMerelii
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I would eat those waffles.
    MastemaValenaeErzsebet
  • Trying to fiddle with a wedding ring that has not been on your hand for a year as of two weeks ago. 
  • There are rats and mice running around in the ceiling at work.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Mastema said:
    $5k for A/C ... is it gold plated, a transformer, and comes with a waffle iron on it!
    Well, it's the whole air conditioning and heating system all rolled into one big box. I do want a digital thermostat though.
  • Spoilered for grossness. 

[spoiler] A few days ago I was driving to pick up a friend from the airport when I got the urge to vomit. I pulled over and realized a part from opening up the door and vomiting on the pavement which seemed disrespectful to do at the time, a McDonald's bag in the passenger's seat floorboard was really my only option so I made the executive decision to use it. It was too much and the bag capsized, vomit flowing all over my jeans, my seat, my floorboard and even the door of the driver's side. I hopped out and used some towels I had in the trunk to mop it up and pieces of newspaper to clean myself up. I laid something over the seat and over my jeans to cover it up and headed over to get my friend who thought the whole thing was hilarious, heh. My rage is that even after getting all of the clothing out and vacuuming/shampooing the seat/under the seat, the floorboard under the wheel, and rubbing the door down the door with wipes, it still smells like vomit. [/spoiler] 

• Valenae said:
    Spoilered for grossness. 

[spoiler] A few days ago I was driving to pick up a friend from the airport when I got the urge to vomit. I pulled over and realized a part from opening up the door and vomiting on the pavement which seemed disrespectful to do at the time, a McDonald's bag in the passenger's seat floorboard was really my only option so I made the executive decision to use it. It was too much and the bag capsized, vomit flowing all over my jeans, my seat, my floorboard and even the door of the driver's side. I hopped out and used some towels I had in the trunk to mop it up and pieces of newspaper to clean myself up. I laid something over the seat and over my jeans to cover it up and headed over to get my friend who thought the whole thing was hilarious, heh. My rage is that even after getting all of the clothing out and vacuuming/shampooing the seat/under the seat, the floorboard under the wheel, and rubbing the door down the door with wipes, it still smells like vomit. [/spoiler] 
    Paper plate + wet coffee grounds = odor free car

(Two boxes of the refrigerator baking soda with the mesh sides works well. Just chuck them under your seat and BAM the next morning you're good.)

Source: St. Patty's Day designated driver experience last year
    imageimage
    KerrynValenaeAlastair
  • I'm mad because I just heard that Iron Maiden with Megadeth opening is going to play 6 quick shows in September in the US, and the closest one to where I will live by then, Nashville, is only a 5 hour drive which isn't too bad...but the friggin hotel rooms are all like 120+ dollars. Everywhere in that whole city. I guess you can tell why I don't have many credits in Aetolia, 120+ dollars a night is a little crazy to me where I come from.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Not knowing if you can trust someone you consider a friend. There's just been too much fishy going on lately and I hate being distrustful, but... Yeah, hard to tell how real it is.

Also, rage at Rolling stones only giving one concert in Europe with ticket prices through the roof.

Aryanne
  • Cant seem to fix my out of whack internal timeclock. Sigh, tired of sleeping and waking at odd hours and just cant seem to knock myself out asleep earlier or wake up earlier. Tired of missing classes because of it.
    Moirean