Shout Wars: Ivoln vs. Haern

Not really a 'scene' per se, but I enjoyed all the shouting. I think it actually gave an interesting view into some opposing characters and personalities. As such, I'm preserving it here. The following mostly took place at a shrine to Ivoln in the northwestern Mhojave desert. Wheeeeeeee...!

You shout, "SAPIENCE! COME AND HEAR THE GLORY OF THE EARTH! THAT WHICH ENDURES, THE FOUNDATION OF ALL! I BRING YOU THE MESSAGE OF UNDEATH, WHICH IS FATHER IVOLN'S GIFT TO MORTALS - OFFERED WITHOUT PREJUDICE! COME BE UNITED WITH THE GLORIOUS SONG OF THE EARTHEN! COME! WE WILL SPEAK OF IT AT COORDINATE 16217 IN THE HOLY DESERT!"

You shout, "COME, SAPIENCE! KNOW THAT THE EARTH IS PURE, AND ITS EMBRACE IS OPEN TO ALL! SET ASIDE THE TROUBLES OF MORTALITY, OF LIFE, OF THE CYCLE! COME HEAR! WE AWAIT YOU AT THE SHRINE AT 16217!"

(Market): Rasani says, "No thanks. Drink instead v5557."

(Market): You say, "Drink if you must. The Earth drinks, also, when offered blood and flesh. Come: 16217."

The guttural, bellowing voice of Haern, the Hunter resounds across the land, "To accept such an embrace is to reject the natural! Return to the Cycle, and stand for Dendara, before it is too late! To reject the Cycle is to embrace abject cowardice!"

You shout, "NATURE? WHAT IS NATURAL? IS THE EARTH, GIVEN BY LORD VARIAN TO HIS SON IVOLN, NOT NATURAL? ARE THE GIFTS OF THE DIVINE NOT NATURAL? SAPIENCE, I SAY TO YOU: DO NOT BE COWED. THE HUNTER AND UNDERKING MOURN THEIR SISTER, AND THEY CLING TO THE IOTA OF CONTROL THAT KEEPS HER ALIVE - IF ONLY SYMBOLICALLY. DON'T REPEAT WHAT ALWAYS HAS BEEN. FATHER WILLS US TO LOOK TO THE FUTURE, INSTEAD. COME: 16217."

You see Nipsy raise his voice and shout, "Yes, of course. We have all seen how well the Cycle has served nature, festering rot laden with aberrations, and the spirits of the dead folks who have failed it. The Earth requires none of this, it purely is. From it our bounty is forged by our will. May we never know peace."

<< Sermon >>

The guttural, bellowing voice of Haern, the Hunter resounds across the land, "Undead filth should not even think of Her, much less speak of Her - wipe Her name and being from your mind, whelp, until you cease to spurn what She gave!"

<< Lifers show up to try to kill me, but I am too slippery, so I escape to Bloodloch >>

Bristling with unbridled fury, Sibatti's feral snarl rips across the skies, "This poison will be purged, brothers, sisters. Take heart in the hearth of life, the soul of all being."

The shrill Gnomish voice of Nipsy resounds antagonistically, "I will remind You each time the sands claim Your nature, each time mine or Yours blood slakes the Earth, that it is not ours who take Her for granted, but You."

<< Lifers kill Nipsy almost immediately after his shout >>

Bulrok's voice resonates across the land, "I have my own feelings on this matter but instead of
boring you all I'm just going to comment on how incredible that timing was."

Sarran's voice resonates across the land, "C-claim - thh-that. St-stupid gnome."

Mephistoles's voice resonates across the land, "It is telling that you are so bereft of message you must shout your own like you are selling something in Esterport. "Shop in the cycle, we have great deals"."

Taye shouts, "Do people usually get murdered during sermons? That's new."

Taye shouts, "But thanks for not killing non-militia folks, I suppose."

The shrill Gnomish voice of Nipsy resounds antagonistically, "Stuttering Sarran....anyone who knows why one casts aside the Cycle, our deaths just as much as yours, feed our Earth, I care not for the grandstanding of the Hunter or His....Children."

Bristling with unbridled fury, Sibatti's feral snarl rips across the skies, "Join us in the Temple of Thorns to revel in the beating heart of life. A sermon of the Hunt. v6147."

You shout, "THE HUNTER WILL SAY HIS PIECE, AS IS THE PREROGATIVE OF THE DIVINE. IT IS TELLING, HOWEVER, THAT HIS FOLLOWERS BELIEVE THEY CAN SILENCE US BY RETURNING US TO THE BOSOM OF THE EARTH, TO THE EMBRACE OF THAT WHICH WE LOVE - IT TELLS US THEY KNOW NOTHING, UNDERSTAND NOTHING, AND HAVE POWER OVER NOTHING. THEY FEAR WHAT THEY CANNOT UNDERSTAND, WHAT THEY CANNOT BE. STRENGTH TO FATHER'S CHILDREN. STRENGTH IN UNDEATH. STRENGTH IN EARTH. STRENGTH IN SLAUGHTER. AND MAY WE NEVER KNOW PEACE."

Crackling like a raging forge, Rasani shouts, "You ran though."

Teflin's voice powerfully resounds, "May we never know peace!"

With the sudden fury of a spring storm, Eaku's voice rings out, "If dying really makes the Earth stronger, you could've at least done it."

Bulrok's voice resonates across the land, "Embrace the Cycle or embrace Father's Gift. It matters not. The Fear, Malice, and Despair you all create and spread with your ideas draw you all down Her Spiral either way. Ever downwards, Sapience."

Bristling with unbridled fury, Sibatti's feral snarl rips across the skies, "No one cares about your depression."

Vharen's voice resonates across the land, "I care. I love you all!"

You shout, "DENYING YOU THE PLEASURE AND SATISFACTION OF A KILL, OR SUBMITTING TO IT AND EMBRACING THE EARTH - BOTH PATHS ARE VALID. I FEAR NOTHING, KNIGHT-SERGEANT - LEAST OF ALL YOU."

You see Nipsy raise his voice and shout, "Your very war, only feeds the Earth, know this, the strength you provide both the monoliths, our undying discourse to battle your forces, all you have done is made the Earth stronger with blood. You unravel your own creation you seek to protect, and I will stand here reveling in your folly."

You say, "If I shout any more, I may faint."

You say, "Embarrassing."
(Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
(Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
(Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
SibattiNipsyXaspherAlmolEaku

Comments