Announce post #3283: A Brief History of 2021 & A Preview of 2022!

12/19/2021 at 15:02
Ictinus, the Architect
Everyone
A Brief History of 2021 & A Preview of 2022!

Hi folks!

It's time for our year in review post and previews for 2022! You'll find the post proper in the forum thread for this announce (give me about 30 seconds to post it!), with a write up of the year 2021 and some hints of what you can expect in the year to come.

Feel free to comment in the thread with your thoughts and speculations!

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 1st of Lanosian, in the year 499 MA.
LegynTeflinAlelaNipsyAloli

Comments

• Thank you to the whole team for all the work you put in throughout the year!

Question: Is there any chance that you might give us a hint about the new neutral class and the next set of mirrors?

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Ictinus said:

- Classleads will be moving to a pattern of three rounds per year.
    - As of the recently-begun season, Sect of Blades is moving to 6 month seasons.

Both good changes. Having classleads once a quarter was probably too frequent, and the 6 month model was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Trimesters seems like a good compromise between the two.

Nipsy
  • I am SO EXCITED for everything that is coming. If all that has been happening in the game so far is any indication, I know next year is going to be just spectacular. The entire team is doing amazing. I am so very grateful to everyone, staff and volunteer alike, for all the dedication they have put into making our little game wonderful <3
    AyastiaRhineNipsyValorie
  • Ooo. I am super excited about this new class! You and the rest of the team have been doing great. Thank you for all your hard work and have a Merry Christmas!
    Nipsy
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    August to December has felt like three or four years of progress, updates and content. 2021 had me burning out on frustrations and taking a long break, and coming back recently to what felt like a completely different game. It has been such a joy to watch and experience.

Gosh, I hope y'all take some extremely well-deserved rest over the holidays.
    XavinNipsyRhineTeaniValorieMazzionIllikaal
  • You guys are nailing it big time.

BTW I wouldn't have expected a new class - 16 unique classes is -plenty-, and I would have been happy with tweaks, updates, revamps, adding new mechanics, etc. to the existing ones.
    Nipsy
  • Ictinus said:

- We will be making org culture a renewed and ongoing priority with a view to bolstering faction identity and themes.

I am extremely on board with this.
    IesidTeaniRihrinEleneValorie
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Ictinus said:

- The Gaming hobby will be finished and upgraded.

Son of a bitch you finally lured me back in
    XaspherAlmolNipsyTeaniTetchtaIesidMacavitySibattiAyastia
  • Thanks to all who work so hard to make the game awesome! Have a Merry Christmas and well deserve rest during the holidays.
    NipsyValorie
  • Amazing <3

NipsyTeaniValorie
  • Will the neutral class be a full class like waifayers (sic), or more like Razmael's long requested werecat ladies?
    Nipsy
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    I have nothing but great things to day about the team upstairs, and the communities embrace of some changes which have truly changed and evolved the game.

In this continued evolution of things, I am excited to see where things head and what amazing things come to fruition.

Great Job!
  • Neutral class is going to be bards. I'm calling it now.
    ReaveNipsyRhineGalilei
  • Qelres said:

Neutral class is going to be bards. I'm calling it now.

if it's not werepenguin, it better be jester or bard

well done this year, and especially the last third, to the pools. glad to be seeing this era of aetolia.
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    @Whirran can finally play his trumpet for the world if we get Bards.

Also I feel like Nipsy would probably play the violin....BADLY.
  • edited December 2021
    Mass PK already lured me back in, but seconding the enthusiasm for Gaming updates.

• Qelres said:
    Neutral class is going to be bards. I'm calling it now.
    I'm digging Privateers. Something nautical themed. Or theaforementioned werecats
    Nipsy
  • This fking guy
    Copperhead of the Third Spoke says to you, "Intelligence matrix in moniker Bulrok reveals above average results when compared alongside proximal presence."
    Nipsy
  • Pariah??????

Nipsy
  • It's depthswalker

Nipsy
  • Ehtias said:
    It's depthswalker

A class based on elevation differences/movements? 🤔

Not saying that what you meant, just made me think of what mechanical niche they could be filling in.
    Didi has expressed her esteem of you for the following reason: Smart organized leader.
    Experience Gained: 47720 (Special) [total: 2933660]
    Needed for LVL: 122.00775356245
  • It's catwere, you start as a housecat but turn into a person so you can gain class skills.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Nipsy
  • edited December 2021
    I cannot reiterate how much you guys have blown the roof off the house. The string of events that followed us these past few months have been amazing and it has generated a lot of activity for people to be involved in, and roleplay around.

I'm highly interested in the push for org culture and faction identity, as I think it has been sorely missing for a long time. It would definitely help shape expectations of what each city should continue to be, and also give love to guilds which have been suffering or caught in an identity crisis.

Neutral class tease, though? You guys are too much. Excited to see what 2022 brings!
    NipsyMacavityValorieTeaniIllikaal
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Elene said:

I cannot reiterate how much you guys have blown the roof off the house. The string of events that followed us these past few months have been amazing and it has generated a lot of activity for people to be involved in, and roleplay around.

I'm highly interested in the push for org culture and faction identity, as I think it has been sorely missing for a long time. It would definitely help shape expectations of what each city should continue to be, and also give love to guilds who have been suffering or caught in an identity crisis.

Neutral class tease, though? You guys are too much. Excited to see what 2022 brings!

THIS!! ALL.....OF....TTTTHHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSS!!!!!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Toz said:

It's catwere, you start as a housecat but turn into a person so you can gain class skills.

I feel as if I should somehow be offended.
    Ayastia
  • Thanks so much to the whole team! The game has been so alive since Ictinus joined and I couldn't be happier!!
    ValorieCzciennRhineIesid
  • All of this sounds amazing; it sounds like our survey data really went into your planning!

Any chance we could get a hint on the next pair of mirrors you have in mind? Or have you guys not figured out that far yet?