Customer Review #2 - Follow-up to Abrupt Closing of Topic - Limiting Opportunity to Respond

@Ictinus

This has been on my mind over the past few days and instead of allowing you to misrepresent me online. I'm going to say this.

You posted one tell that I wrote you. For transparency post the entire conversation that we had, including that tell.

If you decide to not respond and/or close this post then that is revealing in itself.

Because if you post our entire conversation.... unfortunately, it will make you look bad and it will reveal the truth.

But if you stand by your position - provide the entire conversation for context.

Thank you.

@Razmael @Keroc
IazamatBulrokKurakTetchtaSryaenEhtiasNipsyMatiTekiasAyastiaGalilei

Comments

• TetchtaTetchta The Innocent

IazamatLinNipsySaidennAyastiaIllikaalJhinTekias

• Tell me how I'm doing!
    (Web): Mileta says, "Okay... Sry is an edgelord..."

(Web): Dreww says, "Sryaen just wants to be the best Dhar boi and slaughter everyone."
    TetchtaIazamatLinKurakNipsySaidennAyastiaIllikaalTekias
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine

SaidennAyastiaJhin
  • edited November 2021
    Iesid said:

I'm not sure this is a productive use of your time, my dude.

While I understand that you feel as if your time and attention is difficult to refund without a compromise that steps over the line, you've also got to understand the position that Ictinus is in as the new Producer. He stepped inside a burning room in a manner vaguely reminiscent of a famous scene from Community. There were fires to put out everywhere. Your environmental token is one such fire. Ictinus even went on record saying that the auction item in question was poorly explained - I'd go further and say that the token is a monument to Tiur's incompetence/lack of forethought.

Unfortunately, while it isn't 'your fault' that IRE kept an incompetent lackwit on as Producer for so long, you need to keep in mind what goes into the change of management. Yes, Tiur screwed the pooch. However, Ictinus has to set a precedent and keep to it - he offered a full currency refund, which is way more than IRE usually springs for in most other situations. If he gives you better than what you paid, what sort of precedent does that set to every other customer who had a bone to pick with Tiur's inability to do his job?

It has to stop somewhere. I'm sorry you got burnt so badly. However, were I in your shoes, I'd take the full currency refund before I got roasted any further.

Honestly, I don't care about the roast and the only reason I decided to post this was to end it. After @Ictinus response was made I wasn't done. He closed the post prematurely.

I don't even care about the refund for the environment token at this point in time because there's a new issue. The producer of Aetolia lied. I never said I would be "willing" to trade in my environment token "if" Mazzion lost his blue name.

As one of my friends pointed on to me via discord he put it like this.

You did not state formally you wanted to redeem the token for that.
    You simply were pointing out the false equivalencies they make regarding fairness.

Which in my original post I expressed that I think its nice when people get different things because "fair" is not a realistic goal. Nothing will ever be fair. The only thing unfair about all of this is Iron Realms releasing an item, me buying it, and them going back on what they said it would do and what it is for.

This post is not about them doing right by their customer its about @Ictinus using one sentence that I wrote and placing it out of context. How would someone else losing something justify anything for myself? So him making that statement was also an insult to my character and sure it doesnt matter IRL because the Aetolian community via forums loves to be internet trolls and feed into drama. But at the end of the day I'm going to say something if someone lies about me.

If he wants to delete this post or if he doesn't want to respond then fine. But at the end of the day I'm going to let my voice be heard. He posted one sentence, placed it out of context and closed the forum post to try and silence me? That's petty, rude, and childish. If you truly stand by your own statement @Ictinus then post the entire log.

Also @Lim I could say they altered it and all that. And whether you believe me or not doesn't matter. If you think I'm upset for no reason or trying to create problems for the admin etc. Then that's okay. I don't really mind. But at the end of the day whoever has access to the logs @Keroc @Razmael @Ictinus take a look and see if I made the request as @Ictinus wrote:

He said:

Jhin - Hey Ictinus, I'm willing to refund my environment token if mazzion loses his blue name.

The truth:

Jhin - Your idea on fairness isn't consistent so I don't find that to be a reasonable or realistic rejection point to Iron Realms not following through with the item they sold me. For instance: Mazzion's blue name, happened before you were here, and yes it isn't "fair" that others cant have a blue name. But I never created an ultimatum not requested for Mazzion to get his blue name removed. I was pointed out the false equivalences that exist regarding his idea of fairness.

And tbh I know most of you have never heard me speak IRL but its easy for @Ictinus to close the post down after he pasted a sentence and lied about what I was requesting of him. In conversation it wouldn't have ever gotten this far - I would have shut that down immediately. ESPECIALLY, because he made his response European time so all of the Aetolian Internet Trolls proceeded to take a one sided story, make conclusions then progress this idea @Ictinus interjected while I was sleep.

I've known @Mazzion for a long time, look at Jhin's BLOODLINE.

Zras is Jhin's father. So the respect that I have for Mazz goes back to when I first started playing this game. So that's why I have a lot to say about this and it rests with me.

So all of this is extremely upsetting that I'm not backed by the Aetolian community when I have been around for 17 years and @Ictinus is a brand new producer who steps through the door and makes an outlandish claim against me after who was wronged in this situation. Me. No one else. I hope this doesn't happen to you.

And PLUS, if this is how Iron Realms manages its customer service - don't be surprised if you log into your character one day and Iron Realms says abruptly - sorry guys we're shutting down. On to new ventures. At the end of the day this situation showed me the type of people who manage this company and its saddening really.

That's all I have to say and whoever has an objective point of view thank you for reading.

P.S.
    @Keroc and @Razmael

I know you two haven't commented and you're the only other admin I know of in Aetolia. I urge you to look at the log and confirm if I said:

I am willing to refund my environment token IF Mazzion loses his blue name.

If you're unable to confirm that through the logs then are you okay with @Ictinus lying about customers on forums?
    IazamatNipsy
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Regardless if -you- were done or not @Jhin

The rest of the playerbase, based on the responses.
    The Administration of the game
    Their boss who you emailed

...and pretty much everyone else was.

So in the words of Elsa from the hit movie Frozen, "Let it go, let it go."
  • Besides man, I do not think you want to get into fairness. The fact that you have spent eo much money on the game has saved your ass with Tiur for things that other players would have had a hammer drop for. Like pking people just for bashing the same AREA
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oh my god dude go touch grass
    AyastiaIazamatNipsy
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Look dude, fighting a losing battle.

Your most recent post basically is freely admitting the same quote that Ictinus posted.

Bringing Mazzion into it was a mistake for both your efforts to make us feel sorry for you and from a trying to get what you want from the admin perspective.

Take the (generous) refund, or use the token for another cool idea that fits the canon. There are a lot of those.
    RhineIazamatAyastiaNipsyIllikaalGalilei
  • edited November 2021
    And PLUS, if this is how Iron Realms manages its customer service - don't be surprised if you log into your character one day and Iron Realms says abruptly - sorry guys we're shutting down. On to new ventures. At the end of the day this situation showed me the type of people who manage this company and its saddening really.

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but this has always been a possibility. The fact of this happening to other games across the industry should have made that a stark reality.
    AyastiaNipsyRhineMatiSeurimas
  • I have always wondered what some of us more addicted players will do when that day comes. 
    NipsyRhineLin
  • Nipsy said:

Regardless if -you- were done or not @Jhin

The rest of the playerbase, based on the responses.
    The Administration of the game
    Their boss who you emailed

...and pretty much everyone else was.

So in the words of Elsa from the hit movie Frozen, "Let it go, let it go."

You're commenting so maybe you should Frozen interaction on this post then.

<3
    IazamatNipsy
    edited November 2021
    Jhin said:

don't be surprised if you log into your character one day and Iron Realms says abruptly - sorry guys we're shutting down. On to new ventures.

IazamatJhinLinAyastiaNipsy
  • Iazamat said:

I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but this has always been a possibility. The fact of this happening to other games across the industry should have made that a stark reality.
    You wouldn't be able to burst my bubble, but thank you for your input.

<3
  • Eliadon said:

Your most recent post basically is freely admitting the same quote that Ictinus posted.

Bringing Mazzion into it was a mistake for both your efforts to make us feel sorry for you and from a trying to get what you want from the admin perspective.

Take the (generous) refund, or use the token for another cool idea that fits the canon. There are a lot of those.

The battle is done. @Ictinus definitely wins when you can stop a post whenever you want. Plus when no one wants to stand up for whats right. Typical herd mentality we see it in everyday life and that's fine.
    IazamatLinAyastiaNipsyMatiXavin
  • Jhin said:

Eliadon said:

The battle is done. @Ictinus definitely wins when you can stop a post whenever you want. Plus when no one wants to stand up for whats right. Typical herd mentality we see it in everyday life and that's fine.
    This has nothing to do with herd mentality. You said what you said and the intent was clear, regardless of what you and your friends want to paint it as. You are upset you didn't get what you want - that's valid. What you're attempting to do now is rile everyone up to turn against Ictinus/IRE in a transparent, and frankly childish, attempt to get what you want when you've been offered a full refund, all while using the principle of "fairness" to bolster your arguments. Instead, what you've done is painted yourself into a corner precisely because your attempts are transparent and Ictinus outed you.
    TetchtaRhineNipsy
  • @Tetchta 100%

Aetolia has proven to be around for a while - so continue to enjoy it while you can. My main takeaway is how I was treated as a customer is not how a business with already such a small community stays in business. I'm not saying if you spend money you should get whatever you want - but my reasonable request of changing the environment token to a relic piece token is reasonable.

@Ictinus then lying and said I wanted to get Mazzion's name removed. That's where I draw the line. It's unprofessional and dishonest.
  • edited November 2021
    ...but my reasonable request of changing the environment token to a relic piece token is reasonable.

No one has argued otherwise, but it being reasonable does not mean IRE has to acquiesce. They instead offered a full refund. Regardless of your initial (reasonable) offer, you are now being unreasonable. Either use the token as it is intended or take the refund. You aren't being mistreated - in fact, IRE has gone out of its way to rectify the issue at this point.
    NipsyMati
  • Iazamat said:

Jhin said:

Eliadon said:

This has nothing to do with herd mentality. You said what you said and the intent was clear, regardless of what you and your friends want to paint it as. You are upset you didn't get what you want - that's valid. What you're attempting to do now is rile everyone up to turn against Ictinus/IRE in a transparent, and frankly childish, attempt to get what you want when you've been offered a full refund, all while using the principle of "fairness" to bolster your arguments. Instead, what you've done is painted yourself into a corner precisely because your attempts are transparent and Ictinus outed you.
    @Iazamat these insecure ideas that you're projecting are laughable. I don't care about your opinion nor anyone elses, I'm simply sharing facts. As I said before, don't believe me - think that I'm trying to get everyone "on my side" at the end of the day I said @Ictinus won. I'm not going to get what I deserve. Whether you believe I deserve it or not - I don't care.

Appreciate your perspective though.
    IazamatNipsy
    can i have the environment token instead

JhinLinNipsy
  • Iazamat said:

...but my reasonable request of changing the environment token to a relic piece token is reasonable.

No one has argued otherwise, but it being reasonable does not mean IRE has to acquiesce. They instead offered a full refund. Regardless of your initial (reasonable) offer, you are now being unreasonable. Either use the token as it is intended or take the refund. You aren't being mistreated - in fact, IRE has gone out of its way to rectify the issue at this point.
    What's unreasonable is selling an item then pulling it off the shelf. Once a customer buys something that transaction is finished. If for some reason Iron Realms cant do it, then I shouldn't break even. Not how a good business treats their customers. I mess your order up, I'm sorry here's a new one or here's your money back and $5 off next time you come. Sorry for your troubles.
  • Tetchta said:

can i have the environment token instead

How much is it worth to you? :D
  • Just because that's what you're accustomed to doesn't mean that's how it always works. Sometimes all you get for your trouble is a refund. Other times it's an exchange. Sometimes it's your meal on the house. It depends entirely on the industry, the circumstances, and the product being offered. Trying to argue otherwise is just being disingenuous.
    RhineNipsy
  • Iazamat said:

Just because that's what you're accustomed to doesn't mean that's how it always works. Sometimes all you get for your trouble is a refund. Other times it's an exchange. Sometimes it's your meal on the house. It depends entirely on the industry, the circumstances, and the product being offered. Trying to argue otherwise is just being disingenuous.

I'm not being disingenuous. I buy credits and I buy promos. My decisions are influenced by what the business says its selling. So if Iron Realms started making all of these fake auctions for people to try and win and say sorry you get even gold for it. That's abusing the customer. And I'm not saying it was done intentionally but that action has the potential to be abusable. Because what they didnt offer is my money back for the transactions I made during the auction.

For instance: I dont have enough gold, ah I can buy this promo and sell salvage for more gold. People are spending real dollars with the expectation of being able to trust Iron Realms products.

There's a bigger issue here tbh.
    IazamatNipsy
  • edited November 2021
    I'm pretty sure it's been said before that IRE is not responsible for what happens once you liquidate your credits/real money purchases into gold. Let this be a lesson to not do that in future auctions.
    JhinMatiTetchta
  • Iazamat said:

I'm pretty sure it's been said before that IRE is not responsible for what happens once you liquidate your credits into gold. Let this be a lesson to not do that in future auctions.

And that's not the message they want to send customers. Or is it?
    Tetchta
  • They're very clearly okay with that being the message, because some people will still be able to find the value in real money purchases and know better than to liquidate those assets for a quick gold flow.
    Tetchta
  • Iazamat said:

I'm pretty sure it's been said before that IRE is not responsible for what happens once you liquidate your credits/real money purchases into gold. Let this be a lesson to not do that in future auctions.

To piggyback I'd be curious to know where that disclaimer is. If you know where it's at.
This discussion has been closed.