Announce post #3198: 2021 Auction

Comments

• edited July 2021

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Naos said:
    The fact that Aeryx had to defend his choice to put the majority of his focus into accumulating wealth in preparation for this auction is unicorns stupid. If you didn’t focus on making money, or doing your milestones, and instead chose to invest your time and effort into PvP or roleplay or idling, get bent. The ‘iT iSnT fAiR’ is actually mind blowing.
    Preach. What sorta crybaby stuff is this. Nobody stopped anyone else from grinding up and saving milestones and gold, and if you do not have the time to commit to acquiring that, then the person who does commit their time to it should. 

Anyone who diligently quests can acquire quite the sum of money over time, and everyone can acquire 500 credits via milestones every month. Complaining that someone put more time and work into it than you is asinine.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    XavinOba
  • edited July 2021
    Nobody attacked, that I saw, Aeryx for what he did. If anything it is commendable. What WAS said is that people shouldn't have to save up for over a rl year for a single promotion and still be able be outbid by someone with a credit card. What was said is that auctions are not a game wide event. That in the end, they benefit only a few whales. What was said is it would be nice if the promotion was made into something that everyone could enjoy. If you have a problem with that concept, you are likely one of the handful of players that can participate in this promotion and do not want the competition. 

"Just do what Aeryx did." 90% of my time is on mobile. Not conceivable. 
    "People should not be punished for being successful." No. They shouldn't. But neither should other players be punished because they do not have the same amount of disposable income. I could easily drop a couple thousand every few months. But I also have two autistic children and doing that would mean not seeing to their needs. 

Nobody is saying do away with auctions. What would be liked is an auction like promotion that people who can't drop a starting bid of 2000 credits can participate in. 
    Ayastia said:

Nobody attacked, that I saw, Aeryx for what he did. If anything it is commendable. What WAS said is that people shouldn't have to save up for over a rl year for a single promotion and still be able be outbid by someone with a credit card. What was said is that auctions are not a game wide event. That in the end, they benefit only a few whales. What was said is it would be nice if the promotion was made into something that everyone could enjoy. If you have a problem with that concept, you are likely one of the handful of players that can participate in this promotion and do not want the competition. 

"Just do what Aeryx did." 90% of my time is on mobile. Not conceivable. 
    "People should not be punished for being successful." No. They shouldn't. But neither should other players be punished because they do not have the same amount of disposable income. I could easily drop a couple thousand every few months. But I also have two autistic children and doing that would mean not seeing to their needs. 

Nobody is saying do away with auctions. What would be liked is an auction like promotion that people who can't drop a starting bid of 2000 credits can participate in. 

Those are all personal problems surrounding personal choices. If people want to throw thousands of dollars of their disposable income away on a game because they don't have children to take care of, they should. They shouldn't feel bad because "Oh this person has kids to take care of therefore I shouldn't buy the thing in the game that I want." That's just purely insane.

If you cannot do with Aeryx did, then you should by definition be beat out by the work he put in to generate that amount of money. Whether your personal life can or cannot accomodate that is your own fault. Players are also not "punished" for being outbid on auctions. You simply don't get what you wanted. It's not like you bid credits and lose them still when you get outbid.

Also the whole idea surrounding "If you don't like it you must be benefitting from it." is BS. I couldn't afford credits for years, and never once did I start crying about what I couldn't buy when auctions rolled around. You get outbid if someone spends more money than you, period. If you don't like it, grind harder than they did be it IRL or in game.

Also, if I roll a newbie and buy a bunch of credits on them, and drop a starting bid of 2k credits on some imaginary "non whale" auction, then what?

"And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Oba
  • edited July 2021
    Are you thick man? I will say this as plainly as I can. Children are a choice. Autism is not. Autism causes things to be exponentially more expensive. Texture issues so they only eat certain foods. Therapies so they will not fall behind their classmates. Doctor visits. Jesus Christ your awareness of the world is just non existant, isn't it? But that is besides the point. Again, nobody is saying doing away with auctions. I will say it again because you seem to read what you want and ignore the rest.Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Did you get it that time? We are asking for an auction like event for fun artifacts that we can participate in and have a chance of winning, even if it is slim, because slim is better than none. 

I never asked for a 'newbie only' auction. The examples Konnorn and I gave were raffles or a lottery like promotion. 

Edit: You seem to have misunderstood a lot of what was said, so let me try again. 

No, you are not punished for losing an auction. However, when in the first 10 minutes of the auction we are at 2000 credit bids, 300 IC, the punishment is you do not even get to participate. It is a promotion that is pretty much exclusive to whales  

And I did say likely. I understand some players will defend it regardless. 

Edit 2: I never intended to make this about my children. It is what it is and I accept it. The point I was trying to make is that it is not always somebody's choice for not being able to put in the money to participate. But honestly, I have no idea why I am trying to reason with you. You are one of if not the most toxic player in the game. This is a waste of my time. Have a good day
    IllikaalOba
  • @Illidan A laughing reaction? When someone is talking about RL struggles with autistic children? Wow..
    Illikaal
    Ayastia said:

Are you thick man? I will say this as plainly as I can. Children are a choice. Autism is not. Autism causes things to be exponentially more expensive. Texture issues so they only eat certain foods. Therapies so they will not fall behind their classmates. Doctor visits. Jesus Christ your awareness of the world is just non existant, isn't it? But that is besides the point. Again, nobody is saying doing away with auctions. I will say it again because you seem to read what you want and ignore the rest.Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Nobody is saying do away with auctions. Did you get it that time? We are asking for an auction like event for fun artifacts that we can participate in and have a chance of winning, even if it is slim, because slim is better than none. 

I never asked for a 'newbie only' auction. The examples Konnorn and I gave were raffles or a lottery like promotion. 

Edit: You seem to have misunderstood a lot of what was said, so let me try again. 

No, you are not punished for losing an auction. However, when in the first 10 minutes of the auction we are at 2000 credit bids, 300 IC, the punishment is you do not even get to participate. It is a promotion that is pretty much exclusive to whales  

And I did say likely. I understand some players will defend it regardless. 

Those sorts of promotions already exist, and happen. Yet you're continually complaining about an auction being unfair.

In a raffle sort of auction, you actually spend money and have a high chance to get nothing in return. As was previously stated, this starts diving into lootbox territory which nobody likes.

Now, as for you and @Oba trying to twist my words about the consequences of having children or whatever life choices you have made as an individual surrounding you not being able to compete with other players into an attack on autistic people, you both can get bent.

I responded with a laughing emoji because what you said was some clown shit.
    Oba
  • edited July 2021
    That is your problem. You view everything as an attack if it doesn't agree with you. Nobody has attacked the auction. We have raised concerns about how it works, how it benefits a select few, and we would like to see a change, if at all possible. But it doesn't agree with your views so it is an attack. That is not how the world works. You need to grow up and realize suggestions to make promotions available to all, as they should be, is not an attack on you or the system. It is trying to benefit the game so everyone can get enjoyment out of it. 

The first attack I saw was you calling people asking for something a bit different cry babies. 
    Oba
  • Illidan said:

Now, as for you and @Oba trying to twist my words...

I dunno, man. I read that as you laughing at her having autistic children and since I read it that way, it must be true. Isn't that what's been stated previously in this post? "I choose to read this in my own way and won't listen to explanations, therefor I am triggered and offended." I'm just saying I can play that game too. Ayastia is trying to explain, you won't listen. If you don't want to see reason, why should I? I mean, you could always try to prove me wrong, right?
    AyastiaIllikaalLinTetchta
    Oba said:

Illidan said:

Now, as for you and @Oba trying to twist my words...

I dunno, man. I read that as you laughing at her having autistic children and since I read it that way, it must be true. Isn't that what's been stated previously in this post? "I choose to read this in my own way and won't listen to explanations, therefor I am triggered and offended." I'm just saying I can play that game too. Ayastia is trying to explain, you won't listen. If you don't want to see reason, why should I? I mean, you could always try to prove me wrong, right?
    I guess you missed all the posts that got edited to say nothing.

Who are you again?
    Oba
  • Ah yes. A player not as well known. So obviously their opinion means nothing. Illidan, the only joke here is you. I'm out. 
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    edited July 2021
    I'm way too tired to scroll all through this. At the end of the day, there's very little even IRE can do to make auctions less...auctiony. Do I wish, personally, that lil dolphins and tiny fish could have their chance at them? I totally do. But the more I've thought about it and talked about it with others the past couple days, I really don't even know if it's possible. The only feasible way to really do it that I could think of was to possibly have some sort of Low Tier Auction Bracket with less good stuff in it that was capped by account-wide retire value. But I'm not convinced that's a great idea either. An auction is an auction, and fighting against what it is at its heart is probably never going to work.

I think a raffle as another idea is pretty good; although I think it could be argued that we already have something pretty similar (the lil wheel of fates thingy). I also think it could be argued that the regular auction is already the Auction of Plebians. More and more, though, I find myself moved by what @Aeryx said earlier, moved enough to walk back what I said before: auctions should definitely be more frequent. Maybe even more frequent than they were before now that platinum keystones are a thing.

Ayastia
    edited July 2021
    Ayastia said:

Ah yes. A player not as well known. So obviously their opinion means nothing. Illidan, the only joke here is you. I'm out. 

A player who clearly didn't see the complaints about an auction being unfair due to your personal life decisions/circumstances by another player, that you also keep perpetuating. Bye felicia.
    Rhine
  • @Illidan Oh, I'm a nobody. I have read the comments that has been edited to say nothing. I don't fully agree with them, but I also don't agree at all with what you are saying and how you are behaving. I am sure there are options and I think @Ayastia has tried to explain that to you. I'm with Ayastia on this one though. You are obviously not worth my breath, or fingers in this case. You have fun laughing at people. I will be over here feeling sorry for your pitiful existence.
    Illikaal
    edited July 2021
    Oba said:

@Illidan Oh, I'm a nobody. I have read the comments that has been edited to say nothing. I don't fully agree with them, but I also don't agree at all with what you are saying and how you are behaving. I am sure there are options and I think @Ayastia has tried to explain that to you. I'm with Ayastia on this one though. You are obviously not worth my breath, or fingers in this case. You have fun laughing at people. I will be over here feeling sorry for your pitiful existence.

Thanks, I will. Just as I said, you're coming in from an uninformed and partial perspective. So please, stay over there.
    Oba
  • BraxBrax Immortal
    edited July 2021
    Alright friends, this has derailed enough, let's chill before things spiral worse.

Feedback has been received. Expanding the ability to participate is important.

If you have ideas for different promotions you'd like to see, feel free to start a new thread around that premise, but let's keep this one relating to the current auction.
    TetchtaAeryxAyastiaTiurXavinRhyotGavramel
  • edited July 2021
    Tetchta said:
    I'm way too tired to scroll all through this. At the end of the day, there's very little even IRE can do to make auctions less...auctiony. Do I wish, personally, that lil dolphins and tiny fish could have their chance at them? I totally do. But the more I've thought about it the past couple days, I really don't even know if it's possible. The only feasible way to really do it that I could think of was to possibly have some sort of Low Tier Auction Bracket with less good stuff in it that was capped by account-wide retire value. But I'm not convinced that's a great idea either. An auction is an auction, and fighting against what it is at its heart is probably never going to work. I think a raffle as another idea is pretty good; although I think it could be argued that we already have something pretty similar (the lil wheel of fates thingy). I also think it could be argued that the regular auction is already the Auction of Plebians. More and more, though, I find myself moved by what @Aeryx said earlier, moved enough to walk back what I said before: auctions should definitely be more frequent. Maybe even more frequent than they were before now that platinum keystones are a thing.

Neither of those are bad ideas really. I could see the more auctions angering people though. Devalue the artifacts that they paid so much for and we have a Corvo issue of that Parisol. (No hate to corvo)  people who dropped 2k credits on an artifact having them negated. That's pretty triggering. But smaller auctions of not as unique or cool artifacts would be nice. The prices won't go as high which let's more people join in on the back and forth. Even if they do not win, more people get to participate. 

Edit: Sorry brax! Crappy service. Didn't see your cease and desist until this posted!
  • edited July 2021
    When the auctions end, how is credit payment collected? Credits and ironcoons must be converted to bound before Tiur/Razm collects it from your character account?
    Tetchta
  • Hehehe. Ironcoons... Raccoon in an Ironman suit...
    ObaRhyotGavramel
  • Elene said:

When the auctions end, how is credit payment collected? Credits and ironcoons must be converted to bound before Tiur/Razm collects it from your character account?

I would imagine that you are given a window of time to gather the payment, ex if you need to buy credits on the website to make up the difference between what you bid and what you had on you, and they have to be bound.

• Wait... Are you saying you can bid without actually having the funds?
    Callidora
    Yeah, you can bid without having credits or iron coins on hand. I personally wouldn't, sounds like a good way to get boned, but yes.

• It's risky and safer at the same time. If you don't pay, you're boned, but if you lose the bid, you didn't spend any real money on credits you only wanted/needed for the auction.
    Bidding iron coins without having them seems incredibly risky to me. They're very hard to come by.

RihrinCallidora
  • Will all you people with logbook retire already, please and thank you.

• Saltz said:
    Wait... Are you saying you can bid without actually having the funds?
    Better make sure you can get them if you do. Otherwise you are scrubbed until you do. 
  • I haven’t read through everything here but skimmed through a few comments. I’d like to see the old school live auctions return.

1. More fun.

2. Got to be prepared on the day of.

3. RP opportunity for everyone.
    TetchtaMjollIesidRihrinRhine
  • Geeeze! Honestly surprised I got disagreements to live auctions. Why’s that? 🤔🤔🤔
  • Scheduled events have always been contentious due to world time zones and generally having Other Things To Do besides playing a game.
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    TetchtaTeaniRihrin
    Basically everything Mj said above, plus the auction method you're talking about seems like it'd be way more contentious and encourage more aggrivation/acrimony among the playerbase. Don't think we need more of that. Do I wish the current auction was resolved already? Absolutely. But the Live Auction method just sounds like a step or three back.

Rihrin