Announce post #3198: 2021 Auction

124»

Comments

• Mjoll said:
    Scheduled events have always been contentious due to world time zones and generally having Other Things To Do besides playing a game.
    One year it’s US based tome zone. The next European? If I really like the items in the auction I’ll make sure I’m there. Also do it on the weekends maybe Saturday when people aren’t usually at work. Even 3pm US time is late European but reasonable for both. Maybe even noon US and later European then flip it the following year. I just don’t see that as a big enough issue for there not to be live auctions.

Theoretically that means no live events can nor should happen in Aetolia since someone could miss out.
    TetchtaMjollXavin
  • Tetchta said:
    Basically everything Mj said above, plus the auction method you're talking about seems like it'd be way more contentious and encourage more aggrivation/acrimony among the playerbase. Don't think we need more of that. Do I wish the current auction was resolved already? Absolutely. But the Live Auction method just sounds like a step or three back.
    Nothing is wrong with competition. Prepare ahead of time for the auction. It’s no surprise to anyone that auctions happen. If you don’t win an auction because someone else who’s more prepared for it, don’t get mad at them. Goes the old adage, don’t hate the player, hate the game. (I.e game meaning an auction not aetolia in itself).

Not everyone is a winner in everything, but If it’s a priority for you then simply prepare.
    TetchtaMjollXavin
  • I don't necessarily think the "live auctions" idea is a bad thing, except I don't believe it should involve these special artifacts which you can only get when these events happen and you happen to be not working or it coincides with your timezone.

Special items for cosmetic flavour and RP tools a la special limited edition mounts, voxes, room credits, etc? Sure, hold it three times during one weekend, one for NA, one for EU, and one for Oceania.