Announce post #3193: Guild Rankset

6/28/2021 at 20:38
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
Guild Rankset

I have added a new Guildmaster ability, RANKSET. It allows you to set someone's guildrank to anything 1-5. Once someone has exceeded rank 1 you may not set their rank back to 1 and disenfranchise them. Otherwise it is without code based limitation.

Abuse it and you'll grow leaves.

Guildfavors and Guilddisfavors are a bit extranneous now. Continue using them however you please, and I'm open to ideas for them to maintain usefulness. Maybe we can delete disfavors and attach guild credit rewards to favors, or make them some sort of toggle that shows in honors to other guildmates "So and So is shown great favor in your guild." Or something.

Love,
T

PS - Thank your local Celani. I coded this up ages ago and thought no one would want it, and had to be disabused of the notion.

Penned by my hand on Quensday, the 8th of Ios, in the year 496 MA.
HaelraSaidennSryaenAeryxAlelaRhine

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Let me set rewards attached to guildfavors automatically. Preferably credits. But also gold if I prefer. 

Middle edit (typed while walking my dog): Give an investible privilege of "guild promote" for secretaries or any position that allows a holder to promote a member 1 guild rank once/RL day. This allows for an easy watch over any ninja promotions (not that it happens but I digress). Keep RANKSET to GM and settable as they desire. 

CONSIDER PUSHING THIS TO CITIES, TOO. SAME IDEA but with city rankset and council members having city promote. Make cityfavors give out rewards (set by CL) and no longer tie them to rank so they can be spread out even more liberally than they may be. Recognition can still be easy to do for promotion based on recommendation or CF/GF and even gives cities an opportunity to explore hierarchal structures more easily. 

I LOVE THIS THANK YOU!!!!!
    KonnornValorieAeryx
  • edited June 2021
    Since favours are now extraneous, I was wondering if there could be an addition of FAVOURLOG <person> or FAVOURLOG for the self, so that people can look back and remember what they were favoured for before and feel cherished.

Kind of like how you can do ESTEEM VIEW.
    Saidenn
  • Elene said:

Since favours are now extraneous, I was wondering if there could be an addition of FAVOURLOG <person> or FAVOURLOG for the self, so that people can look back and remember what they were favoured for before and feel cherished.

Kind of like how you can do ESTEEM VIEW.

Cherished? Are guildfavors not meant to be used to immortalize others' schadenfreude? Because a non-trivial percentage of mine were for (1) losing a duel with Ethne and (2) blowing myself up during the assault on El'Jazira... >:{
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
    Elene