Piper meets Corruption

PiperPiper Master Crumbs
edited December 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Note- Normally I don't post Divine roleplay (outside of the fight with Omei) but I had a fun time with this one so I thought I'd share! Kudos to Chakrasul, it'd be interesting to see how this continues if it does so. :)

A crazy, colorful mess of an office.
[spoiler] This chamber's regal furnishings have been desecrated, covered in a chaos of multicolored paint, creating an optical illusion that settles uneasily to the eye. Exquisite portraits that may have portrayed ancient Consanguinic royalty are buried beneath layers of vandalism, with so many extra details and slanderous amendments added, that the intended figures are unrecognizable. A polka-dotted and zebra-striped window, still gilded with lines of paint that dripped wet and then dried that way, overlooks the western regions of the city and state proper. All around the place, new, unmolested furniture has been stuffed amidst the old, like someone's silly idea of a scathing sociopolitical statement. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A conscripted Spirean soldier coldly scans the area for threats. As if the office were briefly at the mercy of hyperactive toddlers, the entire room has been painted in a confusing mess. A pine-lined iron bin has been set here, ready to be be filled with trash. [/spoiler]
L PIPER
[spoiler] She is a powerful Idreth that is not overly tall, her generously curved form having enough muscle definition to give her the appearance of a manual laborer. Incredibly thick hair has been bleached until it is a shockingly unnatural blonde with evidence of darker roots growing just by her scalp. The layered, naturally corkscrewed mass has been carelessly pulled up into an extremely messy ponytail with loose tendrils hanging in her dark face. Slanted glacier-blue eyes offer a noticeable contrast against the dusky nut-brown color of her skin, both of which are enhanced by Piper's near constant application of pigmented cosmetics. Naturally a rich cinnamon tone, her mouth is wide with pronounced lips that have been bisected by a single plain, golden hoop. She walks with the blessing of Maghak.

(bisecting her bottom lip) : a warped golden ring
            (wrinkled and looking slept in) : a neat, formal grey shortcoat
                 (with grass-stained knees) : a pair of ash-grey trousers
     (worn bulky and covered in wood chips) : a thick green knitted sweater
           (covered in scuff marks and mud) : sturdy steel-capped black boots [/spoiler]
L CHAKRASUL
[spoiler] She is an Immortal, towering and magnificent. Her slender, angular form is complemented by alabaster white skin as hard and cold as granite. Cruel emaciation plagues Her and is clearly visualized through the features of Her face. Angular and sharp, it is defined by high cheekbones, an elegant, narrow nose, thin, brown-tinted lips and an indifferent pair of wide, tilted eyes aglow with the shimmer of a sparkling emerald. Her icy, untouchable visage is completed by a long wave of curly midnight-hued hair that tangles around Her neck.

(resting snugly upon Her brow) : the Circlet of Corruption
          (draped gracefully over Her body) : a dress of stark white
        (fastened in a coil upon Her waist) : a wicked, obsidian-spiked whip[/spoiler]

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the faithful Congregation of Maghak, the Sovereign with the divine blessing of Maghak, the Sovereign.

Tendrils of essence stretch out across the skies, piercing each of the Atabahi and granting them the divine favor of Maghak, the Sovereign.
aa
Fog tendrils find their way into this chamber, snaking between the gaps of the door and reaching out towards you.

Tendrils of essence stretch out across the skies, piercing each of the House D'baen and granting them the divine favor of Maghak, the Sovereign.

Tendrils of essence stretch out across the skies, piercing each of the House Nebre'seir and granting them the divine favor of Maghak, the Sovereign.

A beautiful melody wafts across the heavens, lifting each of the City of Spinesreach with the divine blessing of Maghak, the Sovereign.

Piper peers curiously at the fog, crossing her arms in front of her chest amidst the chaotic mess of her office. "Now, if this don't look familiar.. evening, Lady."

The fog's embrace is bitterly cold as it swirls around you, creating a funnel of fog that rises up to the ceiling. Mockingly, it looks almost like the eye of a tornado, on land or on air.

... that you find yourself within.

A pillar of sapphire-hued energy bursts upwards from the Slyphian Grotto that brightly illuminates its immediate surroundings.

Piper's brow furrows. "..Pits. Did I get the wrong One?" Is what she'd like to have said but her attention is quickly torn away to find something heavy to grab onto, her hair whipping about her face from the turns, in place, that she makes.

From amidst the fog tornado emerges Chakrasul, who watches your back silently with eyes that appear dead and clinical.

Piper appears a bit relieved at her having correctly identified Chakrasul enough that it momentarily drowns out any need she might have had in being alarmed. "You know.. once I called Severn 'Lady Corruption' because I thought it was You talking to me while I was having a chat with Tina about You. I don't think He liked that much."

You bow respectfully to Chakrasul.

The visage upon Chakrasul's features twist, a malicious smirk briefly gracing Her lips before fading. "I assume He did not."

The blue-tinted energy above the Grotto shifts and molds within the sky, rearranging itself into the visage of Rashar before it gradually fades away like a dying flame.

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "I presume you remember what I am here for."

"Nawp. Now I get nervous whenever I have to greet You because, you never know.. right?" Piper sheepishly ruffles the shorter curls that flop into her face, brightly colored against the dark of her skin. "I actually don't, Lady Corruption. Unless it's because of my wedding that I invited you to. I mean, You're still welcome to it but the man has up and run off. Might be a bit of a wait, you know?"

Chakrasul slides one hand down to rest upon the jade handle of Her whip, leaving the other one to hang freely as She steps forward, closing the gap between you and Her.

Piper licks her bottom lip and finally begins to look nervous. "Please.. uh. Don't take my eyes, please." She nicely asks Chakrasul as she fights the strong urge to back up.

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "Let us speak of your path down My spiral."

"O-oh. Right, yes. Was going to talk to Tina about that but eh.. Order war popped up." Piper winces once, quickly, before her usual broad grin has been tossed back into place. "You call it a spiral?"

Chakrasul waves a thin hand dismissively and take the other off the handle of Her whip. A sweet scent of decay fills the office as Her malicious smile is soon replaced by nothing.

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "My realm comes in many names. Seed of Corruption. Spiral of Corruption."

Chakrasul pauses briefly and tilts Her head eerily to the side in one, slow motion.

"Primal desires."

Piper's nervous chatter nearly drops off into silence as she opts to watch Chakrasul as curiosity finally wins out. "Huh.. never knew that."

You ask Chakrasul, "Base needs, yeah? Like greedy ones?"

Chakrasul settles Her emerald eyes upon you, speaking not a word while She considers you carefully.

"I uh.. wish I had a seat for You to sit on. Get comfortable, you know? Unfortunately it's all covered in paint." Piper mumbles that last part.

Abruptly, Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "The one named Ashmer Ras'valyra spoke to you briefly, mortal."

Suddenly, you say to Chakrasul, "Oh! Yeah, we did. He was asking about Romulus."

Around you, Chakrasul's wall of fog continues swirling. At times, the fog parts to reveal the office to the sight, before the gap is sealed. Chakrasul raises a hand and sweeps Her hair away as She continues staring at you, lines of expectation crossing Her features.

Piper continues cautiously. "..and about religion. Oh.. I get it. This is because I said that I've been searching for faith and haven't been quite bitten by it yet, huh?"

A chuckle escapes from Chakrasul as She gives one precise nod, the movement casting Her features in shadows, which emphasizes the cruel, angular cheekbones that sit high upon Her face.

"Well, that's better than eating my eyes." Piper eases into a subject more familiar to her. As easily as that, her anxiety lifts and she slinks back into a more easy-going stance complete with broad grin. "You ever been in a bar fight before, Lady Corruption?"

A loud *CRACK* is heard as Chakrasul loosens Her whip from Her side and holds it steady, the tip of the whip resting upon the ground. "No," replies the Dark Lady simply.

"Right shame. It's an interesting way to get a crowd together, that's for sure." Piper nods towards Chakrasul and finally settles back to cross her arms before her, leaning forward until she's all but balanced on her tip toes. "So.. seeds, spirals, and primal desires. What makes You uh.. You? I guess that'd be my question. You've got all sorts of forces working on being creepy sneak-like. You got Severn, Slyphe, and Haern.. perhaps, I mean. Primal desires. Maybe even Omei." She ends on a respectful, if not overly curious, note. The whip snapping, however, does not even get the woman blinking.

Chakrasul's whip-holding hand rises and falls quickly, and the tip of Her weapon blurs from view, its movement untrackable. Pain erupts across your left cheek, progressing into a ferocious burn as the Goddess's whip lashes across your flesh there.

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "You feel, mortal, that your faith should strike you at the right time, no?"

Piper lets out a litany of curses and slaps her hand over her cheek, falling back onto her heels heavily and shifting into a guarded stance. "I feel like I should be called and glad to serve a purpose, yes. Get that moment of 'I'm doing this and I'm doing it right.'". She doesn't sound quite so curious any longer, her tone instead carrying something rebellious within to it. "I ain't the sort to just join and stay some place if I don't care for it."

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "I embody what mortals are born with. It is a realm no one else can claim. My dominion stands in the desires that lay deep within each mortal, insignificant or significant."

Chakrasul tugs Her whip back, advancing where you fall, not allowing you to recover or have a moment to do so.

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "Corruption is the name given to the act of embracing one's wants without the fear of being judged."

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "To seize what is yours, uncaring of those who believe themselves to be judges of those who may be perceived as social deviants."

Your primary illusion balance has returned.

Piper takes a step back away from Chakrasul, her feet having previously firmly positioned themselves. Her arms are upraised as if she could defend and block herself from Chakrasul, herself. "Then I'm quite the corrupt little person, ain't I? That doesn't sound so bad.." She admits out loud.

Chakrasul lifts Her whip to waist level and in a few jerking motions, fastens it back onto Her waist in a neat coil. Uncharacteristically, the Goddess drops to the ground and executes a swift, sweepkick motion that connects solidly against your legs.

Impassionately, Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "Why are you corrupt?"

Piper goes over easily, her legs swept to the side and her figure crashing into the ground and surrounding furnishings with enough momentum to scatter knick-knacks and sent empty paint cans to roll about the place. "Fff...pits. Everytime.. Ever -PITTING- time." She curses to herself before frowning upward at Chakrasul. "Because I trust myself and my judgement and don't get my knickers all twisted with worry or playing pretty if I don't have to. I do what I pitting please if it means I'm going to get a good laugh or amusement."

A trace of twisted amusement in Her words, Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "Hedonistic woman mortal."

"Well, there is a reason I got the nickname 'Boozehound', Corruption." Piper rubs at her thigh where she'd taken most of her own falling weight onto. "I got my moral standards, though. Ain't a complete nutter."

Chakrasul picks Herself from the ground, Her dress falling down sinuously until Her knees. "Nutters," says Chakrasul, reusing the term, "Belong to the Ultraist."

"Also the Carnifex and about half of Spinesreach, depending on what Your definition is." Piper nicely points out. She begins to recover herself and raise back up into standing position, wiping her paint-covered palms on the sides of her pants. "Never much knew many of Niuri's order. Kallah, I think. Went to her wedding, too. Silly thing, all that, if I remember it right."

You say, "Course, I'm just joshing You. About the Carnifex, anyways."

Chakrasul, Goddess of Corruption says, "Of course, Piper Anfini."

Piper's nostrils flare in alarm and fingers curl up in the fabric of her short coat. "Uhm.. soo.. It's awful nice of You to come see me like this. Don't think I ain't flattered." She changes the subject.

A cruel chuckle echoes within the chamber as the Dark Lady draws away and steps past you, disappearing into the fog tornado.

A jade mist seeps from the ground, enveloping the form of the Goddess of Corruption before wafting away in a slight breeze.

You scratch your head in confusion.

You unlock the east door.

You open the door to the east.

You say, "Yep. That just happened."
KerrynPerilunaMoireanChakrasulTeaniJasline

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Interesting! I had wondered who you were talking about to Kelliara in the pub! Piper as a Chakrasulian...that's an interesting idea. 

Haven't seen much of new Chak, but she looks interesting!
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Don't hold your breath, we've still got to see where it leads! At the least, I'm open to a fun ride into character development-land :D
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Ah, so awesome to see Piper work her magic. She's no nutters, she's Piper! Awesome read. Thanks!