Piper

So, she's been around a bit and bounced around a few places and events. Any critiquing or comments to help me better develop the character/RP?

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited December 2012

Ahaha, oh wow. That's kind of painfully accurate so far. Question is whether or not it's a good thing or not.

I do need to do stuff other than small roleplay and bash, though. True!

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I love Piper! I really really need to find excuses to get off my ass and go hang out with her. Definitely one of those characters that makes you think "what the hell just happened".
    Piper
  • I got to semi-interact with some people *near* her, but I was mostly content to just sit back and watch her be ridiculously adorable. Very MPDG, but not annoyingly so. Makes me want to interact more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Piper
  • Well, Piper's been fresh and adorable so far, and she won't have a lack of admirers. :)

One thing you might watch out for is that because you are playing a kind of stereotype, people might get bored after a while. That means you've got to look ahead, and look for that extra depth that goes beyond the bubbly, adorable and fascinating character that you presently play.

What's next? How does she mature? What does age and experience do to a person like that? Does she mellow? I would love and look forward to see the young bubbly Piper contrasted with her ten years from now.
    Piper
    Yeah, I'm trying to flesh her out and figure out where to go next. Tweaking her as she goes along has been a lot of fun, the hard part was just finding out what motivates her.
  • Gloomy, brooding undead men.
    Piper
  • Okay - so I'll try to be impartial. Clears throat. Right! So the bursts of energy are great, they're a characteristic rare enough to stay fresh, often enough to be indicative of the character, and serve a valid purpose in every scene - if things are dull, awkward, or starting to simmer down...these instantly pull everybody up by their bootstraps. Her backstory is normal which is so abnormal and a good decision (I stopped myself from saying wonderful! See? Impartial). Recently, I've seen a little more of the sort of stuff I need to do in emotes, painting the scene in broad strokes, while still doing the minor mechanics justice. I'd like to encourage that.

In terms of fleshing out, obviously the guild is a great crutch. The idea of agent Piper being capable of really serious business, though she decides not to be so high-strung most of the time, seems really interesting. And I think that'll be easy to justify in time, having 'behind the scenes' Piper grow more calculating, thoughtful and manipulative without changing her core personality.
    Piper
    edited December 2012

You already know that I love the character Zun. It's really, really interesting to have watched the little spazzy thing that she is slowly come down to earth, the roleplay sessions that we've had something like a catalyst. He's definitely had pretty huge impact on her so far.

KEEP IT UP!

• Kaet loves Piper and counts her as her very best friend, as well as her go-to gal that isn't afraid of a completely spontaneous fun-time. They seem to compliment one another with the similarities in their personalities. 

The character is absolutely adorable - you play her as a teen so well, and I love the concept you've got going for her. 

Overall, you've definitely enriched my playing experienced and I'm very grateful for that. All of the interactions have always been amusing, fun and well worth it!
    Piper
  •  

She's an annoying loud blonde Jersey shore girl. Who salvages.

Mostly Meyvitch ran out of the library because I was going "wait, what the hell just happened, I got threatened by Syssin Barbie?"Then I had to go back for my books. And because I wasn't done yet. And Zun made me done. :-(

Hoping to run into you again on more neutral territory!

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Lin
    edited December 2012

Teaches you to go in and be all curious! Huh? HUH!? Hehe, that was fun though I wouldn't think Jersey Shore. That stuff's insulting to thugs everywhere. :(

Someday, they may butt heads again :)

Bump bump bump! Piper's been active all over the place with different people. :)

• Not with meee! I am ready to maim someone to get the tracking skill. It's ridiculous, I'm trying to stalk 3 diff people with no idea WHERE they are at any given time.

Meet me at the Black Flagon sometime, I actually know where it is! :)

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*

You can pretty much always assume that when she's not hunting, she's in Spinereach or Stormcaller Crag.

• I'm bumping you up because you got tekal, at least in part.  I can't say that my own encounter with Piper left me with the impression of a 'manic pixie dream girl' but she certainly does have a manic or fervorous quality to her.  Her reactions to everything seemed all on the far ends of the spectrum, she either loved it or hated it with very little in between.  From what little I saw she's an interesting character and I cannot help but be curious about what changes ascending to tekal will bring to her.  Aside from obvious changes in viscosity.
    Piper

One thing that you can expect that she won't be so easily able to suddenly screech bloody murder when something she doesn't like happens. :D

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Periluna
  • edited February 2013
    Ilu.

Okay, so, for serious.

You already know how much I just ADORE Kaet and Piper's relationship. They're better than peanut butter and jelly, they're the holy nutella stuff that tastes like delicious.

The recent developments leave me excited and anxious to see what might come of it, but what I love most is that, even in the most serious of situations, they're both able to laugh. Usually at one another.
    Piper
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The Chief! I'm so sorry we never got a chance to rp about the tiles and stuff in Delve. Maybe it's not too late though? From what I've seen it's not finished yet, so maybe we could get to work on that, hm?

Teani likes Piper. She's engaging, enthusiastic and has a good sense of what needs to be done. I wish I'd had more time and energy to seek Piper out for some more rp. Soon though, I hope?

Piper
    I agree! There needs to be more RP between Teani and Piper! It's just finding a time when we're both around/free/have the energy!
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Bump. Been out there and roleplaying. Got Senator. Crafted some more. More bar fights. How am I doing? (other than obnoxious)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Piper's very loud, and I choose to begin this affirmation by noting that her gregariousness and completely excessive spirit (if I may be cliche) make Spinesreach a pretty hoppin' place. It's not uncommon for me to see nothing happening in CT all day, only for Piper to log on and suddenly make a happy madhouse of the place.

In one-on-one roleplay, she has that quality touched on by few characters, where she seems very much a normal girl, but takes a twist by virtue of being who she is - a huge tomboy, a feisty, easily-angered dork who snorts when she laughs and stares blatantly at men's packages while drinking hard liquor. It's like living next door to a singer at a country dive bar.

Needless to say, I'm very fond of her!
    Piper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Piper....

Piper makes Moi the reasonable, down-to-earth boring, business-focused one in a Senator chat. This worries me greatly.
    Piper
    Bump! A lot has happened! :D
  • Adorable, articulate, consistent, and possibly out of her gourd. Cannan identifies with her, which is kind of disturbing, in a hilarious way. My major regret is that every time we have a chance to RP it ends up getting cut short. But classes are over soon, and I'm going to spend way too much time logged in. I'm sure Cannan'll find a reason to swear in her general direction soon.
    Piper
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Daskalos loves his random interactions with Piper. That is all.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Piper
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Teani loves it when Piper checks in on her. It's always hilariously fun to interact with you, and I should take more time to do so!

Awr, thanks! I agree, I really enjoy getting out and roleplaying with a lot of people that just don't live in Spinesreach. I always love bumping into Dask (even though piper's usually drunk) and I adore Teani. You guys are both just a lot of fun to hang around :)

Also, I'm starting to get really fond of Cannan. He reminds me of someone that'll be great to watch slowly grow up from being young and stupid to someone older and stu- ahah. I meant to say confident with stories to back up his bravado. Can't wait to see it!