Mafia: Dead Divinities - Signups

edited December 2013 in OOC Chat
This is the signup thread for our next mafia game!

If you've never played on the forums and would like an example of how a game goes, here is the latest successful example of a more vanilla-themed game.

The Rules:

- Each round is divided into one day and one night.
- During the day, everyone can talk and discuss among themselves. Voting also occurs during this time, and when a majority has been reached I'll announce the death.
- A successful lynch ends the day phase of the round.
- During the night you may talk, but you may not vote.
- The night phase is over when all of the power folks PM me with what they want to do. If you don't respond in a timely manner, you'll forfeit the opportunity to do so for that round.
- You MAY NOT post screenshots/copy PMs to people to prove you are a certain role. Don't spoil the fun.
- You may at any time send me a PM to have an anonymous message posted to the rest of the players.

Note: I'm going to consider 'a timely manner' no longer than twelve hours for the sake of keeping the game going.

- I'll try my best to keep day rounds going as smoothly as possible. If I notice things start slugging off, I'm going to announce that there's 'x hours left in the round' upon which point the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched.

- You may send me PMs to have an anonymous message posted. I'll get to these as quickly as I can.
(Put this separate and bolded because it's something people tend to forget sometimes)

Background:

Varian's lost it. Absolutely furious over the supposedly less-than-suitable state of affairs currently engulfing the continent, he's decided that if you need something fixed you just need to do it yourself. He's set himself against his children and has resolutely claimed that he'll be murdering them all, one-by-one; but there's strength in numbers. The Pantheon has joined together with the remaining Celani in an attempt to finally kill Varian once and for all.

But Varian isn't quite alone either. He's selected a handful of mortals to create what he refers to as the Ascended, mortals imbued with unspeakable power that comes close to surpassing even that of the Gods. These Ascended are certainly quite a threat, one that's only become more dangerous after Varian disguised both himself and his ascended as regular immortals.

The Roles:

Severn - Once per night Severn can create a passable, though not-quite-intelligent replica of any immortal. This replica will surely be enough to protect his selected target from any attacks during the night and following day.

Auresae - Auresae can immolate TWO immortals throughout the course of the game at any time she'd like. The amount of essence required to kill another immortal is so staggeringly high that she likely wouldn't survive to destroy a third.

Note: This can be done at any time, day or night. The kill will go through as soon as I get your PM. If the target is protected by Severn the target will not die, a message will be posted about the attempted attack and its failure, BUT the user will retain the shot.

Omei - Once per night Omei can weasel her way into the dreams of the other immortals to discern their alignment.

The Celani - The grape-peelers of the group. Alone they may not be strong, but together they're quite the force.

-----------

Baelak Shipbreaker - Bealak is back, and hungrier than ever for power. He's managed to assemble an army of Nazedha larger than any army we've yet seen within Aetolia. His troops have been split into three divisions, each of which he can send to slay one person whenever he'd like, day or night.

Note: This can be done at any time, day or night. The kill will go through as soon as I get your PM. If the target is protected by Severn the target will not die, a message will be posted about the attempted attack and its failure, BUT the user will retain the shot.

-----------

The Ascended - Varian's underlings. Once per night they have the ability to vote to kill off one person.

Varian - Big daddy V. If investigated by Omei, he will show up as a regular immortal.

Win Conditions:

The Ascended win if they successfully manage to outnumber the Pantheon!

The Pantheon wins if they successfully manage to kill off all of the Ascended!

Baelak wins if everybody else dies but him!

Players:

Piper
Trager
Alexina
Moirean
Toz
Teani
Lin
Macavity
Demarcus
Ilyon
Llok
Periluna
Damonicus
Aarbrok
Sarita
Draiman
Ciarelle

Sign up below by dropping a comment! This is a pretty vanilla version with basic rules, so if you haven't played before don't feel shy!

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I'm in!
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I'm game!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I'll join too.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    DIBS ON KHEPRI
  • Negative.

• TozToz
    edited December 2013
    Dibs on Slyphe. He's such a great god that I just can't help but want to play him even out of character in a forum setting like this! Goodness he's just so awesome - and incredibly handsome too! What I wouldn't give to be Slyphe. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanPiperPerilunaArbreSarita
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm in!

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'll give it a shot.
  • edited December 2013
    Toz, your post had some formatting errors that I cleaned up for you. Thank me later.

TragerPerilunaPiperArbreSarita
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    me!  please!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Booyah. NaNoWriMo is done, I got a babeh poppin' out of my significant other soon, so that means free time off from work and lots of endless nights involving no sleep! I AM IN!
    MacavityPerilunaHaven
  • Sure, let's try this.

• Tehehe count me in
    Demarcus
  • Demarcus said:
    I got a babeh poppin' out of my significant other soon, so that means free time off from work and lots of endless nights involving no sleep!
    I love the way you worded this.

Also.

I'm definitely in on this. 
    DemarcusHaven
  • I'll join.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I might play depending on the start date. I'll be on trips and stuff doing holiday things at the end of the month, so I don't want to run into the game taking a month and missing the whole second half.
  • edited December 2013
    I'll probably be starting this up tomorrow evening after class and work and whatnot, likely 8 PM-ish.

Also ideally we could use at least 3 or so more people! Don't be shy, it's quite fun!

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Im in
    Demarcus
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'll be in too.
    Demarcus
  • edited December 2013
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Jamilove, play with us!
  • I'll give it another go.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Demarcus
  • I've always watched, never played.

I'll give it a try!
    Demarcus
  • edited December 2013
    Signups are closed! Please make your way over towards the game thread, the game will be beginning shortly!