Story Night in Spinesreach

Ever since the year 400 story telling festival, the Spireans have been meeting in the Hound and Halberd and having story nights. This is one of them! 

Guest Appearences: THE TAPESTRY! 

Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern. 

A wooden trestle table is here, a long wooden bench and a keg stool have been placed at it. There are 2 keg stools here. A bar spans one corner of the tavern, painted in bright, eye-catching designs. A slender brass hookah stands here on six stubby feet. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A large chest is here, re-purposed from an old keg. A conscripted Spirean soldier coldly scans the area for threats. Hanging up high is a cute and flowery tapestry, an imp depicted in its center. There are 3 delicate silver goblets here. There are 3 battered iron cups here. A plump strawberry has been dropped here. Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart is here. He wields a pitted iridium icon of the Sovereign in his right hand. Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart is here. She wields a white and ginger quill in her right hand. Exayne Ve'kahi is here, hidden. He wields a bubble wand in his left hand. Moirean sits here, glowering over at a tapestry. Shadow Adept Iana is here. She is surrounded by one reflection of herself. She wields a black voidstaff in her left hand. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
You see exits leading northwest and down (closed pine door).

Exayne's eyes flicker to the tapestry, mirth apparent on his features as he chokes back a laugh, regaining his composure long enough to ask "Okay, who first?"

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "Not me!"

Eleanor's crests twitch upward as she spots Akaryuterra, head and shoulders above most around him. She weaves her way through the patrons, coming to stand at his shoulder.

Akaryuterra looks around, waiting for a taker to speak up.

Akaryuterra glances over, spotting Eleanor as she approaches.

Moirean decisively jabs her finger out at the crowd. "You," she insists, pointing at what might be Exayne. Or maybe Iana. Could even be Akaryuterra. "Tell us a story about Angwe, a tapestry and...the underhall."

Moirean crosses her arms back over her chest, scowling.

You have emoted: Xenia smirks and eyes Exayne, "I think she meant you, mate."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Angwe...What does he have to do with a damn tapestry?"

Exayne makes a noise which could be a growl into his cup as he takes a deep drink at the mention of the name 'Angwe'

You have emoted: Xenia hefts a keg onto the floor near her usual seat at the corner table, "Anyone that want's whiskey, just ask."

Your pose is now set as:
Xenia is here, seated at a corner table where the floor is scorched.

Exayne sighs "I'm rubbish at this."

Exayne coughs and takes another swift sip from his cup. "Very well, I shall begin."

With a scowl, Moirean the Lurker says, "He commissioned this. Because I killed him."

First story starring @angwe, a tapestry and the Underhalls

Exayne's brow furrows as he thinks, before starting his story slowly. "So there I was, quietly enjoying my month while conducting a careful study of all of the Republics amazing tapestries." Emphasizing the point by gesturing to the tapestry in the tavern, shuffling away from Moirean slightly as he does so.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "When all of a sudden."

Akaryuterra raises an eyebrow at Moirean, "Zat so?"

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "I hear a whining noise."

Moirean lets out a low growl, but doesn't move, ears twitching as she watches Exayne.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "What is this noise? I ask myself, and start searching high and low, stopping fellow Spireans in the street and asking them if they can hear it."

Fyuree arrives from the ether.

Canasius arrives from the northwest.

You grin mischievously at Fyuree.

Fyuree raises her hand in greeting and says "Hi!"

Fyuree purses her lips and blows into the petals of a silvery moon pinwheel, sending them whirling in a flash of light.

Moirean gruffly grunts, "Get him a drink. New citizen and all."

Meijin Fyuree Nebre'seir says, "It's a part at the Chairwoman's tavern."

Exayne steps further away from Moirean as he resumes, "Alas, I could not find the source of this whining, like a little child who has lost his favourite toy. When suddenly I hear an Imp-like laugh across Sapience shortly followed by the sound of Angwe visiting the Halls of the Underking."

Canasius rolls his eyes.

Canasius coughs softly.

Canasius carefully lights a dark cigar.

Exayne chuckles, "Chuckling happily to myself, I resume the study of this most marvelous tapestry." once more gesturing to the tapestry on the wall. "When the noise starts again."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "When suddenly it hits me."

You have emoted: "What did it sound like?!" Xenia suddenly asks, interrupting the story.

Eleanor raises a hand briefly in greeting to Canasius.

Canasius inclines his head politely to those around him.

Moirean peers at the cigar, attention snapping back up to the story at your interjection.

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "Well now! It sounded like...well."

Canasius Ve'kahi says to Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "Two new blends to try."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "It sounded like someone had taken candy from a baby."

Akaryuterra smirks, murmuring to Eleanor just audibly, "Speakin'a it, I think it might be about ta hit 'im again."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "But I figured out what it what."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Was Angwe himself, moaning about how unfair every is, when we bathe in his blood after shouting how "Weak" we are."

Exayne shrugs helplessly.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "The end."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Next!"

Moirean gives a slightly mollified grunt, her grumpy mood clearly slightly appeased by the end of the story.

Eleanor, seated by Akaryuterra, nods amiably. "Sounds good to me. I might get you to start supplying blend packets, then you don't even have to use your papers on 'em." She has in her hands a small metal hook and a length of purple yarn. Is that crocheting? Good grief, what an old lady.

A cloaked figure says to Moirean the Lurker, "I am considering learning a craft, is there any needed by the city?"

Iana inclines her head and murmurs "pardon me" quickly making her way out of the tavern flashing a quick smile toward Exayne as she leaves.

Iana leaves to the northwest.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "People are telling stories here."

Moirean the Lurker says to a cloaked figure, "Illinian would be best to ask about that."

***Lost in the edit, Exayne chooses Akaryuterra ***

Akaryuterra blinks.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "What?"

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "You're next for the Storytelling event."

A cloaked figure says, "It is a blend I make not a real kiss."

A cloaked figure chuckles long and heartily.

Eleanor tucks the blend away in her pocket. "I'll roll this up later," she assures.

Exayne smiles "Consider this a learning experience for yourself then Sir. Now, which topics shall we cruelly place upon you."

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "Any ideas?"

A clear trace of amusement cuts through Moirean's sulky mood and she sits up a bit taller, tail twitching in interest. "Never a better time to learn than the present," she says, smirking.

Canasius exhales a heavy cloud of smoke, redolent with bittersweet scents.

You have emoted: "Explosions!" Xenia exclaims, "Something with a big boom!"

Scratching his head Exayne muses "How about...Maghak, Enorian, and a Rainbow bomb."

A cloaked figure says to Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart, "Try something stronger."

Eleanor's crests twitch upward, and though she keeps her attention on the crocheting- a lacy sort of square, apparently- it's clear she's listening, at least, to the goings-on.

Exayne nods his head at himself.

Akaryuterra peers down at the cigarette in his hand, "What is it?"

A cloaked figure says, "It is nothing to kill you, I mean I smoke it."

Akaryuterra lifts it up, sniffing it.

You have emoted: Xenia glances around the crowd, "Anyone got one? I used to but..." she frowns, "Wait, you've seen one, Akaryuterra, but you didn't -see- it!"

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Maghak, Enorian, and a rainbow bomb?"

Exayne nudges you, glancing quickly at the tapestry then back at you suggestively with a grin.

look tapestry
Depicting a landscape of rolling grasslands and mountain tops in the background, this tapestry is a work of art. The scene has been carefully embroidered with much attention to detail. The forefront is speckled with brightly colored flowers, and at its center, amidst a lush flowerbed, sits a small imp woman. Her face is lit up with a sunny smile as she clutches an unruffled plushy toy in the shape of a war hound under one arm, while the other hugs a fluffy white dog tightly. The dog, fur trimmed to a ridiculous look, makes wide eyes as if being nearly choked to death. Littering the grass around her is a whole cadre of plush toys. A wolf with its tail torn off, a butterfly with the stuffing falling out, a roughed-up fox and some other animal toys that seem to have lost their luster, looking ragged and torn. At the very bottom, surrounded by pretty flowers, the word 'Fickleness' has been embroidered with bright silvery thread.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Ah."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "If you're uncertain how this all works."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "We pick three topics you must include in your story."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "One is a person."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "One is a place."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "And the other an object or some sort."

A cloaked figure says to Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "The other blend made at Satomi' request."

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Well, why not."

A cloaked figure says, "I call that one Undeath's Touch."

Akaryuterra purses his lips and gives a small nod. "I recognize the format from the festival of the stars, but I do not often make a habit of fabricating information."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "And please, everyone try and be polite and listen to the story with minimum noise enless it's related to the story."

Eleanor exhales a white cloud of smoke, redolent with hot scents.

Exayne smiles at Akaryuterra.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Actually, that's nice. Spicy. I'll put in an order for them."

Eleanor nods to a cloaked figure, then settles back into quiet.

Akaryuterra pauses to grind the life out of a lit slender white cigarette, saving it for later.

Eleanor nudges Akaryuterra with her elbow.

Exayne says, "I'm sure you..." uncertainly amending "you -both- will do an amazing job."

"A-MAZ-ing," Moirean chimes in, her smirk widening as she scoots forwards on her seat, watching Akaryuterra with interest.

Akaryuterra brings the gifted to him by Eleanor cigar to his lips and wedges it at the corner of his mouth. "Well, I suppose I ought to think then."

Exayne nudges you suggestively.

Exayne points accusingly at a cute and flowery tapestry.

Akaryuterra brings a slender silver cigar to his lips and takes a long drag.

Akaryuterra exhales a cloud of dark, roiling smoke that coils minutely inwards on itself, forming strange, organic patterns in the air. Flickers of lightning dart and tumble through the cloud as it gradually disperses.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "On yer own, they said yer name, not mine."

Akaryuterra smiles wryly.

Akaryuterra hands the cigar back to Eleanor, giving a slight frown as he does.

Akaryuterra gives a slender silver cigar to Eleanor.

You have emoted: Xenia frowns at a vibrant tapestry encircled in painted serpents, "Is that the...Commander" she asks, pointing at the embroidered imp.

Eleanor gives a toothy grin of her own, holding the cigar between her knuckles as she continues to crochet.

You have emoted: Taking notice to Moirean's reaction, Xenia suddenly clamps her jaw shut and grunts, "I don't see anything, Exayne."

Exayne gives Moirean the most guilty innocent smile he can manage, his eyes pathetically wide as he mouths "What did I do?"

Looking annoyed, Exayne glowers at you sullenly.

Second story starring @maghak, a rainbow bomb and Enorian 

Akaryuterra begins, tentatively, "As is so often the case, Enorian's Zealots were out and about- fighting the fight of 'good' against 'evil'. Far too polarized, really, and I think it is much more accurate to incorporate numerous shades of grey, but I digress." Pausing, he licks his lips and glances among the gathering.

Moirean gives a firm, satisfied nod and turns her attention back to Akaryuterra.

A cloaked figure says, "For now I must be off sorry to interrupt so much of what was going on."

Canasius closes his eyes and begins to focus.

Moirean waves goodbye at a cloaked figure.

A cloaked figure inclines his head politely to those around him.

Exayne nods his head at a cloaked figure.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "If you are not familiar with him, Maghak is a business man, and a no nonsense individual. No time for such foolishness. But that particular Enorianite we all know, Aren, he sauntered is way up to stormcaller- with the intent to stir up some trouble. So, he brings a rainbow bomb with himself."

Akaryuterra pantomimes pounding his fist against a vertical surface- presumably a door. "After some time stomping around, he finds the door to the tower itself and makes a ruckus. Dissatisfied that he has not been able to harass anyone as of yet, he comes upon a grand idea. In retrospect, perhaps not so intelligent as he may have thought."

You have emoted: Xenia leans forward in her seat, enthralled in the story.

Moirean lets out a little giggle as she leans forwards, finding herself drawn into the story. Her tail slides back and forth behind her, and she rests her elbows on a table before her, propping her chin up on her hands.

"Yelling loudly, he calls out the Sovereign himself." Akaryuterra says, looking among you. "For once, the man humors Aren, knowingly engaging in what is likely to be a grating conversation, He braces Himself." Moving his hands in a way that conjures images of swirling smoke and flame, he continues, "He appears before the man, whom, of course, begins to rant and rave, bragging about the strength and steadfastness of Enorian, comparing it to the Spires, and, eventually, Maghak's very order. If you have not seen the god recently, I assure you that the scowl he can direct at a mortal is enough to cow even the most ignorant Enorianite."

Exayne shudders violently.

Moirean nods emphatically, eyes widening in agreement. "He's creepy!" she chimes in.

Eleanor snorts into her crocheting, little spirals of mesmerising smoke curling up from her nose. "Nothing of the sort," she mutters.

"Is too!" Moirean insists.

Exayne uses this distraction to try once again to point out the tapestry to you.

You have emoted: Xenia frowns, "What did Aren do?!" she urges Akaryuterra on, "Did Aren cower?"

Eleanor draws on her cigar. "You only have to worry about Him if you're on the back foot."

Eleanor exhales a cloud of dark, roiling smoke that coils minutely inwards on itself, forming strange, organic patterns in the air. Flickers of lightning dart and tumble through the cloud as it gradually disperses.

You have emoted: Xenia glares at Exayne, quickly glances to ensure Moirean is distracted, and turns her attentions once again upon the tapestry. 'WHAT ABOUT IT?' she mouths at Exayne.

Exayne covers a quick laugh by burying himself in his cup before, pointing to the tapestry and then at Moirean. 'IT'S MOIREAN!' he mouths back.

Akaryuterra draws a finger across his lips, indicating silence, "Without a word, He vanishes in the same conjuring of smoke and wind, only the ominous rumble of angry thunder remains as a reminder of the god's presence." Attempting to approximate the scowl for the purpose of the story, Akaryuterra glowers at each of you in turn. "Thats all!?" he bellows, raising his voice to fill the Tavern, even so much as to be heard over the patrons (who serve as the closest approximation to booming thunder and howling winds). "In his frustration, he lights and throws his rainbow bomb, chucking it high and far. Alas, a mortal can only throw so far, and the bomb explodes in a fantastic flash of light and sound." Now he looks up, putting his hand to his eyeridges, squinting upward. "But the sound does not die down completely. It is not the rumble of thunder, nor the howling of wind he hears, nor the echoes of the considerable explosion. No, as Aren looks up into the ruckus of light..." Akaryuterra trails off, and soon begins to make a faint whistling noise as he purses his lips, still squinting upward.

Exayne's eyes widen "And!" he presses... "And!"

Moirean can't help herself - she looks up as well, eyes wide, scanning the ceiling.

Akaryuterra spreading his arms wide, his slams his hands together. Before your eyes, a flash of splattering blood, flying gore and bits of skull appears at the sound of his thunderous clap, replaced moments later by an illusory image of a pair of boots laying haphazardly by a sizable crater. At the center of the crater the head of an enormous mace is lodged in the ground. "Maghak need not lift a finger, or speak a word in rebuttal. Aren learned a valuable lesson about gravity that day: don't stand at the foot of Stomcaller tower."

The barest hint of a smile tugs at the corner of Kelliara's lips.

Exayne jumps, emitting a short yelp before recovering, looking embarrassingly around the room, a faint flush showing through his fur.

Moirean is silent for a moment, taking in the beautifully gory illusions, lips parted in admiration, before she begins to enthusiastically applaud. "Yay!" she cries. "Yay yay!"

Eleanor grins, setting her crocheting in her lap to applaud as well.

You have emoted: Xenia stares at the fading images, stunned. "How'd he do--" she starts to ask in a low whisper.

Exayne visibly shakes himself, recovering from his shock and joins in the applause. "Very well done!" he shouts over the din.

Moirean thanks a cloaked figure sincerely.

Akaryuterra blinks, apparently quite surprised by resulting applause.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Oh."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Thank you."

You have emoted: Xenia laps loudly, "Great story, Akary, great story!"

You have emoted: Xenia wipes a few specks of stray spittle form her chin, glancing around for any witnesses.

Akaryuterra's cheeks take on a slightly pallid grey as opposed to blushing in the way one might expect.

Exayne sidles unsteadily up to Akaryuterra, his arm raised as if to drape it round his shoulder, however realizing the significant size difference he lets it fall again. "It is now your turn to choose who goes next!"

You have emoted: Xenia takes this break in the stories to move seats, favoring one closer to Exayne. Discretely she leans in and begins to whisper to him.

You murmur to Exayne, "It does look like her! What's with the butterfly, I wonder, and that...wolf. On one hand it looks cute and sweet, and then there's that and it's sort of creepy."

Moirean narrows her eyes at you.

Exayne tilts his head towards you, a snort of laughter coming from his as he picks up her words. With a grin his gaze flickers to Moirean again.

Eleanor's crests twitch upward. "Ah! Kelliara, yes, let's have her next."

You have emoted: Xenia clears her throat, and scowls at Exayne, "I don't see the likeness," she says loudly, throwing a glance in Moirean's direction.

A terrific crash rises from the territory of Bloodloch, like a world-sized fist hitting the very earth.

Kelliara blinks, and wrinkles her nose. "I do not know the rules," she replies quietly. "Nor d-"

Moirean lifts her chin and lets out a satisfied snort, glancing over at Exayne with a smug look.

Kelliara tilts her head and listens intently.

Akaryuterra blinks.

Akaryuterra turns to look toward the door.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "The fuck?"

In alarm at the noise, Moirean the Lurker says, "...my shoooooop."

Exayne gapes at you, "But..." he starts then realizing discretion is of essence he flails his arms hopelessly.

You see Moirean shout, "Bloodloch, are you breaking my shop?"

Exayne blinks.

Elemental Cogent Cendrius "Sharkbait" Chaltier says to Moirean the Lurker, "I think ivoln is."

Cendrius nods his head at himself.

Exayne moves closer to the table, checking to make sure the space under it is clear he stands tense.

You have emoted: Xenia looks over at Kelliara, "Akaryuterra needs to select a person, place and an object. Your job is to construct a story around that."

Moirean twitches in agitation, but remains seated. It's clear that the distant crashes have her perturbed, but a glance around the tavern at the gathered Spireans is enough to keep her at the city gathering.

Scowling, Doyen Kelliara says to you, "I had intended that to serve as a reason for him to pick another."

You have emoted: Xenia grins brightly at Kelliara, "But then you'd not get the chance!"

Zaephlyn leans against the back wall near the door silently.

Exayne silently passes a cup to Zaephlyn with a nod.

Scowling, Doyen Kelliara says, "Fine."

You have emoted: Xenia claps her hands, "Fantastic, I'm sure it will be great," she enthuses.

Cendrius moves over across from Zaephlyn. He takes a seat quietly as he observes everyone go about their business.

Akaryuterra watches Kelliara intently and then gives a nod as she accepts the election.

Akaryuterra's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Kelliara snorts arrogantly.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Wonderful."

Doyen Kelliara says, "I doubt it will be."

Doyen Kelliara says, "I am no storyteller."

Exayne muses "Perhaps we should make a "Do or Die" rule with this game..."

Exayne bares his teeth in a feral grin.

Akaryuterra rubs his chin thoughtfully, "Moirean."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "The prelatorian highway."

Exayne points to the tapestry at the mention of Moirean.

Akaryuterra glances around the tavern for inspiration.

"Talk about what you know," Moirean replies in distraction, fidgeting in her seat. Attention still aimlessly roving around the room, she replies a vague, "What?" to Akaryuterra.

Exayne waves about a bubble wand energetically.

Exayne peers at a bubble wand suspiciously.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "And a pie."

Akaryuterra smiles, apparently pleased with his selection of story elements.

Arching an eyebrow, Doyen Kelliara says, "A...pie?"

Cendrius murmurs the words. "Pie." He gives a small smirk at the thought.

Exayne dips his wand into the bottle of liquid again, blowing gently but long, a bubble forms in the loops of the wand, growing larger and larger the longer he breathes.

Exayne stops blowing, the bubble poised precariously on the end of the wand. Holding his breath, he gingerly moves the wand towards Cendrius.

Cendrius shakes his head.

Moirean

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Blah, Got cut off! 
    ------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Cendrius shakes his head.

Kelliara tilts her head to one side, and frowns in thought. "I will need a drink," she says abruptly, motioning towards the bar with one hand.

After crossing his arms over his chest Zaephlyn raises the cup he was handed and sips the last of the alcohol within before folding his arms again, gripping the cup tightly in his fingers.

Exayne lets out a disappointed breath which pops the bubble, "Oh bol-bugger" he grumbles and busies himself in trying to blow another bubble again.

Cendrius raises his hand as in a motion to stop Exayne from handing the wand to him. "I'm okay, thank you."

You have emoted: "Will whiskey do?" Xenia asks.

You have emoted: Xenia does not wait for an answer and promptly makes her way to Kelliara, pressing a cup in her hand.

You have emoted: Xenia retakes her seat at the table near Exayne, her eyes lingering upon the tapestry as she passes it.

Third story starring @moirean, pie and the Proletarian Highway

Kelliara clears her throat, and nods to Moirean. "Having finally grown fed up with the same old baked goods in Spinesreach, Moirean took it upon herself on day to travel from city to city, and village to village, collecting and eating as many pies as she can manage." Pausing for a moment, Kelliara nods her thanks to you, and then continues, "However, word quickly spread of her...ambition, and another began to follow her, hoping to do away with her, and take her place on her pastry filled voyage."

Eleanor tilts her head, listening with interest, though her gaze stays on the ever-growing round of crocheting.

Cendrius raises a brow as the storyteller continues, one leg up against the wall and his arms crossed over his bare chest.

"Given her usual vigilance was long gone," Kelliara goes on, pulling her cigar from the pocket of her coat, "No surprise, given her insatiable hunger for pie, she did not notice the goat-like Sentinel dogging her steps as she traveled the Praetorian Highway towards her first destination."

Kelliara brings a smooth, ice-blue cigar to her lips and takes a long drag.

Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.

Softly, Doyen Kelliara says, "There was a rustling of leaves from the bushes besides the road..."

Moirean frowns as the story continues and protests, "The pies are all lies."

"And the Sentinel surged forth atop his mount dhuriv ready to drive into her," Kelliara shouts, leveling her gaze at Moirean. "Blade..." she pauses and frowns as if searching for the right word. "Glinting," she manages, "And stabbed it at her."

Moirean intakes a sharp gasp, hands lifting to her cheeks. "No!" she cries out, shaking her head.

Exayne laughs, wobbling unsteadily he states "Sounds like the Chair!"

You have emoted: "Commander watch out!" Xenia exclaims, leaning into forward, engaged in the story.

Kelliara pauses to inhale a breath from her cigar before continuing her story in grim tones. "Yes, she was taken by surprise. But even so, she threw herself to the side, the blade scraping her armour, gouging at the metal as the Sentinel rode past. Before he could wheel around, Moirean had her feet beneath her, weapon at the ready to meet his next charge."

Kelliara exhales a cloud of shifting white smoke that expands hugely, coiling and eddying hungrily in the air. The mass of smoke almost seems to rage, boiling and disturbed, before finally dispersing.

Exayne cheers. His drink spilling slightly from his cup, relief evident on his face.

Doyen Kelliara says, "They locked eyes, each one studying the other intently for a moment of weakness, waiting for the perfect moment to strike..."

"Damn right I did!" Moirean agrees.

Exayne grins mischievously at Moirean.

Zaephlyn shifts and steps forward setting his cup on the bar but quickly retreats back to his leaning against the wall.

"It was the Sentinel who moved first," Kelliara intones solemnly, nodding at Moirean. "So stalwart was Moirean, that the Sentinel turned tail and fled as swiftly as he could manage, the element of surprise lost, and the numbers of the potential battle even." Kelliara pauses, and glances about, before offering a shrug. "Evidently, the Sentinel returned to Duiran crying of the folly of attempting to best any Spirean, for Moirean was able to continue her pie filled journey unharnessed any further."

Eleanor cheers, seeming delighted at the turn of events presented.

Doyen Kelliara says, "Though, she was kind enough to send a gift to the foolish Sentinel. A few crumbs from the crust of one of the numerous pies she devoured during her journey."

Akaryuterra applauds merrily, grinning over at Moirean, fine teeth bared.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "As expected."

You have emoted: Xenia nods and raises her hand in a crisp salute to Moirean, "Just like the Commander to do, mhmm."

Moirean happily nods at the turn in the story. "CRUMBS," she echoes in clear approval. 

Zaephlyn utters quietly, "Sounds like the Chair made the Sentinel 'Angwe'.." and the accent in which he says the name makes it clear of his attempted 'jab'.

Exayne claps his hands together merrily.

Exayne stumbles over to a stool, dragging it noisily under the tapestry he clambers on top of it. Wobbling precariously he drapes the tapestry over himself. Suddenly a sharp cutting noise penetrates the air as a large circular cut can be seen outlining the Imps head on the tapestry. Cloth falling to the floor Exayne pokes his head through the empty space. "Greetings Comrades." He addresses the tavern onlookers in a bad (terrible actually) impression of Moirean. Grinning as he stares around the tavern with wide, unfocused eyes for any signs of mirth.

Doyen Kelliara says, "The end."

Kelliara drinks from a battered iron cup full of Siroccian steel-aged whiskey.

Eleanor applauds Kelliara's story, leaning comfortably against Akaryuterra as she does.

"There," Akaryuterra points to Exayne, "There's the way ta improve those."

You have emoted: Xenia glares at Exayne, and with the base of her halberd, she tugs at a corner of the tapestry, causing him to lose his balance, the tapestry slipping over his head to hang about his neck.

Moirean stares at the modified tapestry, head tilting. Her expression seems caught somewhere between indignation and gleeful approval, and she merely stares, mouth ajar, watching transfix.

Exayne loses his footing on the stool, accidentally kicking it out from under him as he attempts to regain his stance. Strangled gurgling noises coming from him his sword drops from his hands as he claws at the tapestry seeking some sort of relief as he hangs there by his neck.

You have emoted: Xenia smirks and turns back to Kelliara, ignoring the squirming, clawing noise emanating from Exayne, "Now you choose the next story teller!"

Zaephlyn pulls his bow from his shoulder and removes an arrow from his quiver. He draws it and fires it through the top of the tapestry causing it to rip and free Exayne.

Doyen Kelliara says, "Oh."

You say, "Eleanor, Cendrius, Moirean, Zaephlyn and myself."

Moirean loudly replies, "The CONDUIT hasn't."

Exayne's gurgles die down to irregular choking noises, his eyes bulging from his head as his clawings become more like useless flailing. Tapestry breaking Exayne falls to the floor, a jumble of fur, limbs and tail.

Quietly, Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "I'm not telling stories."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Moirean, then."

Exayne wheezes "Con...duit!" as he rubs an angry red mark on his neck.

With a little sniff, Moirean the Lurker says, "...and that's why you don't imitiate the Chai-."

Moirean the Lurker says, "Oi."

You have emoted: Xenia smirks at Exayne, "let that be a lesson," she says sternly.

Zaephlyn secures his bow and heads out the door.

Exayne glares up at you, and mutters "I think I broke something." searching under him he lets out a sigh and pulls a shard of broken cup.

Doyen Kelliara looks thoughtful and says, "Your dignity, perhaps?"

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Harsh."

Eleanor tugs on the yarn to snap it off, and says to Kelliara, "You'll need to pick the person, place or thing, for whoever you choose to speak next."

Doyen Kelliara says, "Oh."

Doyen Kelliara says, "All three, yes?"

You nod your head emphatically.

Doyen Kelliara says, "Since she is being spoken about anyway, Aarbrok, the place...hrm...Moghedu, and...a butter knife."

Moirean rubs her temples in frustration.

Moirean the Lurker says, "Sorry. Pardon me."

Moirean the Lurker speaks words that are unintelligible, although her tone is still grating.
    Placing a bone stepladder on the ground, Moirean quickly scrambles up it - upon reaching the top, she spares a moment to revel in lofty, apogeic triumph, before both she and her ladder vanish in a cloud of smoke.

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "You know it."

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "It does look like Moirean."

Exayne pokes you in the belly.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Aside from the caption, I think the tapestries are actually quite pleasant."

Exayne nods his head at Eleanor, showing his acceptance.

You have emoted: Xenia s lips twist into a grin, and she looks at warning at where Moirean once stood, "Ok, so it looks like her, fine, I admit it."

"Ha!" Exayne exclaims.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Let this not stop Storytime."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "So! Aarbrok, Moghedu and a Butterknife."

Exayne Ve'kahi says to Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "We have faith in you Conduit."

Exayne hums a happy tune.

You have emoted: Xenia nods at Exayne, "Indeed, Conduit, I look forward to it!"

You have emoted: Xenia tips her flask in Exayne's direction before taking a quick sip.

Eleanor sniffs. "I don't know if anything involving Aarbrok and a butter-knife is palatable for polite company."

You tell Exayne Ve'kahi, "Great minds think alike."

Kelliara smiles wryly.

Fourth story starring @aarbrok,  a butter-knife and Moghedu

Eleanor finds her cigar and takes a drag from it. "But, hell. This takes me back. Who here remembers the early days of ylem-gathering, eh? With the quotas like a construction schedule. Get it done, or you miss out, all of that."

Exayne looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Akaryuterra gives a silent nod.

Exayne shakes his head slowly.

You have emoted: Xenia silently shakes her head, her face lighting in interest.

Kelliara nods her head emphatically.

Doyen Kelliara says, "All too well."

Eleanor exhales a thin skein of smoke which curls and twists upward in a mesmerising pattern. "Back in the day, the Albedi lads were awful cruel. Quotas had to be met on a months-wise basis, rather than the number whenever you get to it."

Exayne grunts noncommittally.

Exayne grins "No idle bodies at the gates I bet."

Eleanor runs her tongue, faintly violet in hue, over her teeth. "I remember I was hounding Xanhaal, and Ayhesa and the Fissure and I'd run clear out of bodies, so I was down in Moghedu, elbow-deep in that place."

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Hadn't stopped to wash the blood off for damnear half a month. Messy times, those. Messy. And occasionally, you'd run across others out doing the same thing, killing everything with a pulse to try and find the ylem."

Exayne smiles wryly.

Eleanor squints upward, clearly remembering back. "I'm fairly sure that was where I met Aarbrok, anyway- think he was still a fellow in those days, too."

Exayne chuckles "Maybe I do remember."

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Things were always a bit tense, too, out and about in those days, because leylines were that new to all of us."

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Someone spotted you cracking the top off a minor, they might take a swing at you for the sport of it."

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "And if someone walked in while you were trying to sort a leyline, well, you might figure they were there to slice your nipples off and take a swing first to be sure."

Exayne winces in pain.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "So you can imagine it- Aarbrok, Lunare at the time, and might've been Bloodlochian too, and me, looking like death warmed over, in clothes about eighty per cent other people's blood by volume at that point."

Exayne utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Eleanor brings a slender silver cigar to her lips and takes a long drag.

You have emoted: Xenia lays a hand protectively over her chest, her fingers drumming quietly over her armor.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "And all the mhun milling about, of course, those shrieking because they'd been in the direction I'd come, and I imagine the same sort of caterwauling from whatever place Aarbrok had been coming through from."

Eleanor gazes across the bar, as if surveying a throng of panicked bodies. "I'm looking for the next ribcage I can put a hand through, and then suddenly, Aarbrok and I, we meet eyes." She points her fore and middle fingers at her eyes, then turns her hand and points, as if at the eyes of her imagined opponent.

"Uh," says Exayne with little discernible meaning.

Exayne emits a quiet, "Uh oh..." with obvious uncertainty.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "And you know what, he'd obviously been in it long enough to get bored. I mean, scalping poor saps does tend to wear. Me, I start doing sums in my head. Hundred-thousand-one, hundred-thousand-two, but that's Cabalists for you. Obviously, he'd been getting creative."

Exayne smiles wryly.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "He had a dessert spoon in one hand, butter knife in the other- and I may be embellishing, but I could swear I remember seeing a bit of an optic nerve dangling from the spoon."

Exayne shudders violently.

Eleanor holds up a hand. "Stillness. Silence. Well, apart from the shrieking mob. That wasn't so quiet, they were mostly bumping into the walls and each other and tripping over and whatnot. You could feel the tension in the air. Hackles going up. Is he going to attack? That butter-knife, is it for my kidneys?"

Eleanor exhales a cloud of dark, roiling smoke that coils minutely inwards on itself, forming strange, organic patterns in the air. Flickers of lightning dart and tumble through the cloud as it gradually disperses.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "But hell, I think to myself. Half of winning is making the other guy think you're going to, right?"

Exayne nods his head at Eleanor.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "So I draw myself up- put my best I'm-The-Conduit-Best-Not-Try-It face on. All cool and casual."

Exayne leans forward slightly, hanging onto every word.

Akaryuterra turns to comment, "Yer pretty good at that face."

Eleanor inclines her head to the imagined adversary, across the bar, which at least has some elements in common with a shrieking mob. "Evening, I say. Nod to him. He's cautious, likely wondering if I'm picking through his threads. There's a pause. Good evening, he says back." 

Eleanor pauses to glance up at Akaryuterra, wrinkling her snout and poking her tongue out cheekily.

Eleanor looks back to the imagined Aarbrok, before that spoon and the butter knife can come to use unexpectedly. "I glance around at the mhun, the blood-slick trail that I've left and the one behind Aarbrok. Nice weather for it, says I."

Eleanor's expression takes on a mimicked incredulity. "He just looks at me. Not quite staring, but damned close." She raises a hand, giving a cheerful salute across the room. "Carry on, I tell him, and walk by. Didn't even look back, and I was half expecting I'd feel the knife or- heavens- the spoon... but apparently, the bluff was right, because he didn't raise a hand."

Exayne breathes a sigh of relief.

Eleanor scratches her chin with a claw. "The screaming started again, after that, so I suppose we both got back to it. Any case, it was something interesting to break up the monotony of liquefying chest cavities and whatnot."

Exayne's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Eleanor nods, seeming satisfied with her recollection of the story, even without a thrilling climax to speak of.

Exayne claps his hands together merrily.

Akaryuterra gives an approving nod.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Sounds just like it would go."

Akaryuterra smirks.

Akaryuterra lifts his hands from his lap to join in the applause.

Eleanor picks up her crocheting again. "I suppose it's my turn to pick someone then?"

Exayne chirps up "Yep!"

Eleanor glances about. "Who's left?"

Exayne spreads his hands wide "At the moment? hmm, Ser Xenia here."

You have emoted: Xenia fidgets in her seat and brings the flask to her mouth, "That'd be me," she murmurs.

Eleanor purses her lips thoughtfully. "I have a better idea, actually."

Akaryuterra looks among the gather selection and then glances to Eleanor, one bros ridge raised.

Exayne tilts his head curiously at Eleanor.

Moirean arrives from the northwest.

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "Shhh."

Eleanor looks up at Akaryuterra. "We had one from Akary, let's have a story from you, Ryotega." The grin that spreads across her face is broad and razor-toothed.

You have emoted: Xenia grins at Eleanor, "Oh, yes, I'd love that!"

Moirean immediately glances over to you, her eyes traveling to the scorched floor. "You didn't start ANOTHER fire, did you?" she demands by way of greeting.

Exayne bursts out a tirade to Moirean "Xenia said, said that you, you look like that!" he points at the mess of the tapestry.

You have emoted: Xenia spews the contents of her drink from her mouth and shoves Exayne roughly, "That never happened!"

Moirean looks over to Exayne and frowns. "She said I was looking...." Her head tilts a bit sideways as she regards the torn tapestry, crumpled on the floor. "...down?"

Exayne totters slightly as he hops about trying to regain his balance. "Yes it did!" he half shouts trying to drown out you.

"Wot." Ryotega asks flatly, expression unreadable for the moment. Though, their flat expression turns into an amused smirk, likely at Akaryuterra's behest.

At this, Eleanor laughs, her crests stretching upward in mirth.

You have emoted: "Shhh!" Xenia hisses at Exayne, "Can't you see the boys are telling a story."

Exayne looks at Moirean , disbelief showing as he mutters "Yes, Chair..."

Exayne's eyes open in surprise "Ah, apologies" he murmurs, inclining his head.

Grumbling, Ryotega crosses his arms, pointing out, "Only you'd pick up on that." Akaryuterra glances over and offers Moirean a smile, and an inclination of his head. "Welcome back."

Akaryuterra carefully lights a slender white cigarette.

There's a faintly troubled look on Moirean's face, but she gamely returns the nod, sliding down into a seat next to you. "Spill any of that on me, Ser, and you're cleaning the kennels for a week," she greets you, and then her attention is firmly fixed on the storytelling, hands folded on the table before her.

Eleanor reaches up and cheerfully skritches under Akaryuterra's chin with a claw. "You'd think I know you pretty well or something," she remarks. "Look, I'll make it easy on you. Person can be Eocik, place can be the central basilica, and thing can be too much of Franwet's stout." She has a misty-eyed, nostalgic look to her. "Bonus points if you include the old man. Glory days."

Exayne murmurs to you, "She doesn't seem to happy."

Akaryuterra produces a slender cigarette and lights the tip of it, sticking it in the empty space at the corner of his mouth. The tip of the cigarette springs to life, smouldering in sullenly- like Ryotega.

Exayne murmurs to you, "You probably shouldn't of mentioned she looked like that tapestry."

Zaephlyn settles against the wall quietly.

You have emoted: Xenia's eyes narrow at Exayne.

You murmur to Exayne, "You are SOOO rude, I can't believe you told her! I'm never telling you anything again, you can't be trusted!"

Exayne cheerfully sips his drink, attention turned once more to the storyteller.

Exayne murmurs to you, "Syssi- oh wait, i can't use that excuse anymore."

Zaephlyn tells you, "I could've told you not to trust him."

You have emoted: Xenia folds her arms and angles herself away from Exayne, leaning away from his whisper.

Exayne chuckles softly to himself, however he brow creases into a slightly worried frown.

You have emoted: Xenia carefully takes a sip from her flask.

You drink from a phoenix and dragon flask of Siroccian steel-aged whiskey, and you are taken by the strong steely taste of the whiskey. The oaken and the smokiness and even a sharp, spiced nuttiness can be felt, but the metallic lacing casts the flavors to mere hints of remembrance.

Loudly, Moirean the Lurker says to Exayne Ve'kahi, "YEAH. Can't be TRUSTED."

Exayne's mouth falls open, his head swivelling as he transfers his gaze from you to Moirean.

You have emoted: Xenia chokes on her drink, and glances nervously at Moirean.

Fifth story starring @Eocik (and @Ezrax), Fanwit's Stout, and Central Basilica

Akaryuterra sighs and moves the cigarette to the front of his mouth as he thinks for a moment. The tip glows brighter as he takes a drag. A little while later, smoke begins to curl up from his nostrils, painting the image of some manner of aquatic dragon. Thinking for a few moments longer, he uncrosses his arms and straightens up a bit, waving a hand dismissively. "Alright, well, if none'a knows, Eocik's a right ol' bastard, an' the Geezer (s'Ezrax, fer those'a ya that didn't know). He's the friendly kind'a bastard though, long as ya got some wits about ya. Course, if yer both dumb an' gullible, he's just a right bastard. No time fer ya." The last of the smoke from his drag on the cigarette comes out in a little puff before he takes another, giving this information a moment to settle into everyone's head.

Moirean sharply reminds you, "No. Spilling."

Eleanor nods, absently, leaning comfortably into Akaryuterra's side as she takes a short drag from her cigar.

"And as long as you aren't a nubile young thing," Moirean belatedly adds to the story's introduction.

Moirean the Lurker says, "The Ezrax part, I mean."

Eleanor waves a hand. "This is way back, before his brain went to rot and his trousers went to children."

Akaryuterra takes the cigarette in hand, waving it as he makes a gesture with his hand, indicating both his left, and his right side. "So here we got two the best damn Cabalists that ever lived, an' Eocik, he decide's he come outta the guildhall fer once. Wander the city, scoff'n scowl at errybody. As 'e does. But this time, he runs 'imself right inta Ezrax." Replaying Eleanor's earlier gesture, he points two fingers to his eyes, and two to the imaginary adversary, though it is unclear which part he plays. "So these two go at it, flingin' insults, jibes, jabs, snarks. You name it, they said it. Turns out their both right old bastards, but they're right old bastards on the same threads." Reaching up, he taps his fingers to his temple before depositing the cigarette in his mouth once more. "So, hey, fuck it, 'lets go have a drink' they figure. The Geezer, 'e likes 'imself stout, says it tastes like horse piss- hard ta say if 'e means it'r not. Diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks, right? But Eocik's game, so off they go on a binge."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Stout fer stout, still runnin' jab fer jab, like it's some damned race'r what have ya."

Akaryuterra waves his hand dismissively. Casting a solemn look around the group, he looks each of you in the eye. "Now, Eocik don't come outta the hall often, an' 'e never really did make a habit of it. Partly cause'a bein' old an' lazy." He's practically in a whisper now, "But partly because this time, 'cause he don't want it gettin' spread around." As if expecting he might be caught be some imagined authority, Ryotega glances around the tavern, raising his head to look over all the patrons before hunkering down amidst the listeners again.

You have emoted: Xenia leans over Moirean, listening intently to Akaryuterra's story.

Moirean can't help but giggle at the body language and leans in closer, tucking one booted foot under her bum to give her more height.

Moirean scowls and pokes at the air above her, trying to shoo you sideways.

Exayne lets out a chuckle as he leans against the wall, cup held forgotten in his hand as he finds himself enthralled by the storytellers accent.

You have emoted: Xenia seems only faintly aware of Moirean, and shifts to a side, propping an elbow on the table to lean against.

"They're just flat out pissed on all this bad booze," Ryotega explains, pointing two fingers over his shoulder as he turns to look to the door. "In comes a disciple- poor sonovabitch- an' these two, they get the brilliant idea fer a game'a skill." He jerks a thumb at Eleanor, and then himself, holding paraphrased conversation. "Alright, winner pays the bill, deal?" "Deal." "I'll choose the game." "Alright, what is it." "Fix the disciple." Now, a grand and devilish grin spreads over Ryotega and Akaryuterra's face as they send a glance at the door again.

Eleanor grins, but gives a knowing sort of groan. "I remember games of that," she comments, shaking her head.

Exayne chuckles but tilts his head curiously.

The boys' head bobs and the deal is sealed. "B'fore the kid has a chance ta say no, they drag 'im over, ain't much challenge when the two've 'em put their minds ta it." Akaryuterra makes a beckoning gesture. "Kid's at their disposal now." Ryotega explains before holding more conversation. "Alright, you sit right here." "Don't move (the kid freezes, a'course)." "We'll make it a trade, I'll take 'im a apart, you put 'im tagether. Puts 'im tagether faster wins." His expression darkens in a sinister, almost malevolent way. "Deal."

Moirean chokes back a giggle.

"Drunken Cabalists," Eleanor supplies. "When I was young, I sawed my best friend's leg in half out of curiosity. And I was -sober-."

Exayne blinks, looking slightly worried.

Exayne edges away from Eleanor, looking at her warily.

Conversationally, Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "It was hollow."

Exayne blinks.

Exayne mutters "Anyone tries that and i'll stab the bastard."

You have emoted: Seeming to have forgotten is former transgression, Xenia nods at Exayne in agreement.

Pausing, his brow furrows as Ryotega struggles to recall. He pauses for effect, looking up and thinking as he takes a long drag. The cigarette glows, long and bright, as it slowly converts to ash. "Well, shit, I'd tell ya ta ask the kid," Akaryuterra says, pausing again to blow smoke up toward the ceiling, letting the story hang as he drops his gaze and shifts his posture. Again, he passes a glance to each of the gathered listeners, keeping his voice low and conspiritorial as he concludes, "But lets just say neither've 'em had their wits about 'em by then, an' definitely didn't have the skill fer the puzzle that is the human body. Nobody saw it though. Wouldn't look it, an' we don't make much've a deal'a it, but we cabalists are damn fine at cleanup."

Akaryuterra punctuates the end of the story with another broad and toothy grin.

Moirean's expression turns thoughtful at the conclusion of the story, fingers lightly tapping on her chin as she pensively frowns.

Exayne roars with laughter, crashing backwards against the wall as he double over.

Softly, more to herself than to anyone else, Moirean the Lurker says, "...Cleanup...hmm..."

Eleanor beams, as if the conclusion was your standard heartwarming and-or meaningful ending. "Ah, glory," she muses dreamily.

You have emoted: Xenia glances nervously at Moirean, "I don't think that will bring more recruits to the Keep, Commander," she says with a nervous laugh.

Akaryuterra sits up straight, appending at last moment, "But ya didn't hear it from me."

Exayne calms down slightly, soft chuckles escaping him periodically, however as Moirean mentions the word 'Clean up' he is sent into another bout of hopeless laughter.

Moirean slides out of her seat, her pensive expression turning to a more determined look. "Stuff to attend to," she murmurs apologetically, tone brisk and businesslike as she navigates her way through the tavern's crowd.

Eleanor rubs Akaryuterra's shoulder fondly. "And that's why I wanted a story from you," she remarks, thoroughly pleased.

Akaryuterra smirks.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Yeah, well..."

Exayne wipes his eyes with the corner of his robes, "You're turn" he says to you between chuckles.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "I guess it wasn't so damn bad,."

You say to Akaryuterra, "That was fantastic."

Exayne nods his head at you.

You have emoted: Xenia scowls at Exayne, "I can't follow that!"

Exayne scowls back "Try!"

Akaryuterra straightens up and settles back a little, casting a look of consideration at you.

You have emoted: Xenia sighs, and takes another drink from her flask, "Well, Ry--Rotega, is it?" she asks glancing at Akaryuterra, "What's my story to be?"

Akaryuterra gives a nod, "S'right." After a few moments to think, he gives you a devious look. "Lets hear about that time Gepideth was at North of Trees with some skimpy black panties."

Eleanor blinks, but then grins. "Scoundrel," she admonishes Akaryuterra.

You have emoted: Xenia blinks at Akaryuterra, "Gepideth..." she says with a frown, "Well, can't say that I've heard of him before this, but," she rises and takes in a deep breath, "Alright, I'll see what I can do."

Helpfully, Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Spoke a bit like a child, liked bananas."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Always had ta have somethin' ta do, couldn't sit still, hopped around the guild's more'n Aldric."

Sixth story starring @Gepideth, a pair of skimpy black panties, and North of Trees

You have emoted: "Right," Xenia says, chewing on her lip, "Right, so back when Gepideth was a Templar or maybe it was Luminaries, though I think it was Templars, perhaps still paladins then..." she ponders the question before quickly shaking her head, "Didn't matter, ever quite could keep up with him," she starts.

Exayne settles down on one of the stools, sweeping his robes under him as he puts his feet up on another.

You have emoted: Xenia takes a drink from her flask, "Well, he was out when one of the heralds called out to Enorian, 'There seems to be a problem with shipments coming in from Ashtan, and well, we think there may be bandits intercepting our goods.' Well," she continues, shifting her stance, "Gepideth was never one to sit still for long, always looking for something to do and promptly he volunteered to see what might be the problem."

Akaryuterra gives a sagely nod. "Sounds about right."

You say, "Well, he didn't wait long to get much information, and he left the city before anyone could say anything more. He decided that first he would check in at Ashtan, see if he might learn the usual route the merchant tended to take."

Exayne smiles wryly.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Always was a fidgety git."

You have emoted: Xenia chews on her lip in thought, "Well, it wasn't long that he got to the crossing at North of Trees, when he got distracted by an odd sounding noise. 'Who goes there?' he cried out, unsheathing his swords, taking one in each hand, 'I've swords and I know how to use 'em!' he cried out, seemingly losing track of the task at hand."

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Sure ya never met 'im?"

You have emoted: Xenia pauses in her tale, "Never even heard of him," she states.

You have emoted: Xenia gestures her flask out towards the listeners, "Well, he began to follow the noise, leading him towards a cluster of hedges, to which he began to prod his swords gingerly into, 'Who's there? I will find you, and if you keep me searching for long, it'll be the pit for ya' he growled into the bush".

You say, "Little did Gepideth know, there was indeed someone there, actually three somebodies there, though they were not in the bush, in fact, they did not even share the same time space, 'Now what's that foll Gepideth going on about?' one Syssin asked another, 'It's Gipdeth, he's probably out searching for a banana or something,' the other replied, 'Brothers, does it matter!' the third exclaimed, 'seems that Severn has smiled on us this day, let's have some fun!'"

Akaryuterra utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Exayne chuckles long and heartily.

You have emoted: "With a sage nod, the first Syssin took on a sober tone," (Xenia lowers her voice, as best she can, as she attempts to impersonate a manly voice), " 'We would be doing the Manipulator an insult if we did not cast an illusion,' he said, and with that, a monkey suddenly appeared to be hording a small stash of bananas from deep inside the bush. 'What's this!' Gepideth exclaimed, 'This is must be where the shipments have been going!'"

Exayne smiles wryly.

Eleanor rubs her chin, thoughtfully considering the turn in events- she seems intent on the tale.

You say, "With a wide, clumsy swing, Gepideth began to hack at the bush, working to make his way to the monkey to claim what he thought must be the missing shipments. 'Look at that fool,' the second Syssin exclaimed, 'this is too much, I'll up the ante,' he said with a smirk. And sure enough, just as Gepideth got within arms reach of the monkey, the illusion shifted, a caravan of what looked to be merchants began to pass by. Once again distracted, Gepideth leaped out of the shrub and back onto the road, 'Ahah!' he exclaimed, 'You must be the merchants bound for Enorian!' 'Indeed we are Sir, but we've seemed to run into a bit of a problem, if you could come and take a look at our wheel here,' the man spoke, beckoning Gepideth over."

You have emoted: Xenia shrugs hunches her shoulders up, and leans forward, a clumsy attempt at sneakiness, "Alright brothers, he thinks that he's found the merchant, now's our time, you," she points out at some imaginary person, "the second Syssin said to the third, abduct him while he's distracted, and I'll give him something that'll surely knock him out and you," she points out to another person, "You tie him up!"

Eleanor leans forward in her seat, nodding, her crests angled upward with interest.

Exayne's grin is positively malicious as he listens on.

Akaryuterra smirks.

Akaryuterra gives a little nod, clearly in agreement with the syssin's plan to create mischief.

You say, "And so as Gepideth ventured to what he thought was a merchant asking for help, the Syssin's carried out their plan, the third abducting the knight, the second quickly giving him a dose of Delphinium strong enough to knock one of 'em war elephants out, at which the first deftly tied him up."

Moirean
  • Last Part I swear! 

------------------------------------

"YES!" Exayne exclaims, truly involved in the story.

Akaryuterra listens intently, still engaged in the story.

You have emoted: Xenia folds her arms over her chest and looks down at the ground before her, "And there he laid, knocked out, tied up just as he blinked back into existence. 'Brothers, let's not stop there!' the third exclaimed, bursting in laughter, 'What more fitting than a knight tied up in his underwear?' he asked, to which the others promptly laughed and nodded in agreement."

Eleanor snorts, stifling more of a laugh, but it's clear she's amused.

You have emoted: Xenia takes a sip from her flask, "Well, as they all settled down and unphased, they stood over the body, 'Right, so go on then,' said the first, 'What me?' asked the third, 'uh, it was your idea,' chimed in the second. It was like this that they all argued, none quite wanting to actually remove another man's trousers."

"Pretty much," Akaryuterra agrees.

Exayne grins and nods.

Kaldaka enters from the northwest following Alyssn.

Kaldaka gives a thin metallic firestick to you.

"Oooo!" Exayne enthuses.

Alyssn's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Exayne starts to wield a thin metallic firestick in his left hand.

Akaryuterra raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Akaryuterra takes a long drag from a lit slender white cigarette.

Eleanor eyes a thin metallic firestick, giving it the once over.

Akaryuterra exhales a dark cloud of smoke, redolent with acrid scents.

Exayne lights a thin metallic firestick and quickly holds it aloft as it begins to shoot sparks!

*FIRESTICK GOES OFF*

Exayne looks towards you contritely and says, "I'm sorry."

Kaldaka leaves to the northwest following Alyssn.
    They are followed by a weathered direwolf.

You say, "'Brothers,' said the first, 'clearly the best way to decide this is to draw sticks,' and from a branch he plucked off three, breaking one considerably shorter than the others. In his palm he placed them and he held it out to the third, 'Since it was your idea,' he said with a grin. 'Oh no, I'm not falling for this, I've seen your sleight of hand,' argued the third, 'No, no no, we'll leave it to chance,' he argued, pulling out a set of three die, 'lowest roll does it.' However, the second was having none of that, 'Oh no! Not with that dice, I've still not forgotten that sum of money you swindled from me,' and with that the second syssin produced a deck of cards, 'We'll each draw a card, whoever draws the lowest does it,' to which the other two promptly exclaim 'NOT WITH YOUR CARDS!'"

You have emoted: Xenia shrugs her shoulders, "And I'm sure the syssin would have kept on arguing like this except Gepideth started stir awake, 'Oh hell, fine!' exclaimed the third, 'But not a word of this is ever to get out!' he said and began to peel off his clothes. 'The fuck?!' the first stated as Gepideth was disrobed, 'Brothers, I always said there wasn't something quite right about that one,' the second said with a snicker. 'Please tell me those aren't what I think those are?' the third pleaded to the other two."

Eleanor grins. "Hah, so he was wearing..." she predicts.

You say, "And surprised they all were, because instead of the long underwear that the Templars so often demanded they issued as part of their uniforms was a pair of skimpy black panties, 'Standard Issue' written on the tag."

In a similar response, Akaryuterra laughs aloud, "'Course."

Exayne laughs, slapping his thigh "Excellent!"

You have emoted: Xenia nods sharply, "And that's my story, folks."

Exayne throws up his hands and cheers wildly for you!

You say to Akaryuterra, "You know, I hear that's why Gepideth left the guild, issues with the uniform."

Eleanor applauds politely, chuckling to herself at the conclusion to the tale.

Exayne Ve'kahi asks, "Is there anyone we've forgot?"

You have emoted: Xenia shakes her head, "No I think all of us here have all told a story."

Akaryuterra nods his head emphatically.

Akaryuterra Ryotega Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Think so."

(Spinesreach): Exayne says, "Thank you all who attended the Storytelling with us. I personally had an amazing time listening to your stories and my what an imagination you all have!"

(Spinesreach): Exayne says, "For those who missed it, don't worry they'll be other fun events similar to this one."

Exayne's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Thank you all for coming."

Eleanor stretches, a few of her joints cracking as she does. "Oof. A nice diversion from paperwork."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "I really enjoyed myself."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Speaking of which."

You say to Exayne, "Thanks for putting this together, I did too!"

Exayne Ve'kahi says to Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "I'm nearly done compiling notes for my book and you should have a finished copy within six months."

Exayne smiles at you.

Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "Brilliant."

Exayne Ve'kahi says to you, "I still can't believe you told her."

Akaryuterra nods rises from his bench.

Exayne gives Akaryuterra a respectful salute.

You have emoted: With a huff, Xenia scowls at Exayne, "Oh I nearly forgot, thanks for reminding me," she says crossly.

Akaryuterra inclines his head politely to those around him.

Eleanor leaves to the northwest following Akaryuterra.

Exayne grins and nudges you in the ribs playfully.

You have emoted: Xenia folds her arms and glowers at Exayne, "More like I can't believe YOU told HER."

Exayne Ve'kahi says, "Farewell, Adjutant of Proletarian Relations."

Exayne grins mischievously at you.

Exayne closes his eyes and begins to focus.

You have emoted: Xenia waves her hand dismissively, "Rat!"

Exayne tells you, "Pfft."

Moirean
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    :D I completely imagined Aarbrok as Salad fingers in that story....

Xenia
  • The best thing about novices is, I get older and they stay the same age. :3
    Zaephlyn
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    These story nights are so fun!
    Xenia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I feel so proud that my tapestry got to play a part! Also hilarious that Moirean immediately assumed Angwe was the one who commissioned it.

Great reads!

Xenia
  • I want to participate in a story night in SPines. :D Come to think of it, I still have to host mine in Duiran!

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*