Spirean Sedition

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
Trouble is brewing in Spinesreach...

Warning: Few curse words and Eleanor being really creepy chipper about torture.

EleanorFerrik

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Hey, it's not torture, it's SCIENCE!

I wish I'd been able to catch more of this, I had to hustle off to an appointment :(

But, this was fun and it looks like it's far from over! Great performance with everyone involved and thanks to the person(s) upstairs!

• edited September 2013
    So okay. With some recent developments in this.. plotline, I am here to post up some logs too!

First I only just have some small additions to the original from @Moirean.

If you only care about the general plotline then by all means you can skip the next few spoilers, they're only some additional flavouring and extra things that went on.

[During the protests: searching for information]
    [spoiler]Winterbreeze bar-cum-visitor center
    Wide and thin, the side walls of this bar measure only half the amount of feet that the other walls claim without compromising the space, there still remaining enough to account for most good-sized crowds. Low hanging, thick beams run along the longer length of the room. An urban touch was used when it comes to the design of this rectangular bar, the granite flooring matches the overall decor, sanded into a smooth surface to make cleaning all the more easily accomplished. set into the wall right behind the expansive bar are multiple faucets and tiered shelves displaying an eclectic, eccentricities categorized variety of different bottles of alcohol arranged according to type, color, and potency. A large crimson cushion offers an inviting seat. The saucy presence of Lana is here, swaying from table to table. Brangrin stands here behind the bar, a helpful smile on his face. A granite-topped oak bar takes up a large amount of room. There are 4 stout granite-topped stools here. A Syndicate enforcer watches the area, nonchalantly smoking a cigarette. Quiet and unmoving as stone, a lupine Atabahi stands guard here. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.  You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.
    You see exits leading north, south, west, and up.

Ferrik greets Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze with a sincere smile.

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze beams broadly at Ferrik.

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "Hullo there, Ferrik! Welcome to the Winterbreeze. Care for a drink or some food? Or maybe you need a place to relax?"

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze tilts his head curiously at Ferrik.

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "Or perhaps you need some information?"

Ferrik smiles and says, "I need some information, dear Brangrin."

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "I have my ear to the ground, Ferrik. I can tell you all sorts of things, what were you looking for in particular?"

Ferrik shakes his head.

Ferrik says to Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze, "No no I need some information relating to these instigators."

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "I have my ear to the ground, Ferrik. I can tell you all sorts of things, what were you looking for in particular?"

Ferrik asks Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze, "Have you seen a man named Vex pass through here?"

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze shakes her head. "Never heard of him, I'm afraid. I've heard -about- him, though."

Ferrik clicks his claws on the bar as he nods his maw vigorously, "I see.. I see.. myes. So ah. WHAT have you heard about him then, if I may ask?" he wonders, leaning up further against the bar.

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze looks rather worried, lowering her voice to keep it quiet. "All I've heard is the people shouting his name... sometimes they come in and assure me he'll make everything better. What are they talking about, comrade?"

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "What are they making better? Why do they want to replace our
    Chairowoman? All they're good at is starting fires!"

The sun begins her downward journey towards eventual sleep, casting even, full light upon the land.

Ferrik furrows his browridges, pushing back off the bar and reaching up to right his top hat, "Aaaaye!" he breathes in agreement. "Ridiculous! And they're on about the Gods and our respect for the Divine. What gives?! We're not godless."

Agreeing wholeheartedly, Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "Of course we're not. Buncha idiots, aren't they?"

In a conspiratorial whisper, Ferrik says to Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze, "I think we're trying to locate this Vex person to see just -how- crazy they are. No ideas where he might be holing up? I checked around a little bit, Rebel's ridge is just.. good ol' rebels, but not this one."

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze leans back and holds up her hands in surrender. "I wish I could help you, comrade. I've been working double shifts all month, I know less than you do."

The ringing clang of some relentless forger's hammer sings out through the air.

Ferrik wrinkles his snout demurely, "I understand. Sorry." he replies, patting the bar with a claw. "I'll be on my way then. But!" he cuts himself off and points a single talon, "If he swings by.. or the mobs turn on you and start a fire, please call immediately. We've got buckets of water at the ready."

Brangrin, Warden of the Winterbreeze says, "Godspeed! Please keep our Secretariat safe!"

Ferrik starts on a waddle out the door before halting, "Godspeed indeed." he winks and mutters under his breath, "Ha.. I see wha. we di. ..ere."

[Wandering into the detainment yard]

Private Thuneron salutes Ferrik. "Agent Ferrik. That is the correct title still, yes?"

Private Thuneron gives Moirean a respectful salute.

Eleanor arrives from the west.

"Sure!" Ferrik returns, struggling to bring a claw up to his head, instead simply tapping the side of it. "Whatever works, Private Thuneron."

Moirean nods to Private Thuneron, a frown on her face.[/spoiler]

And then when the prisoner was dragged away by Ferrik and Illinian:
    [spoiler]
    Illinian grasps a piece of the rope left dangling from one of the hog-ties. "Dragging away!" He begins pulling the paralyzed man to the west.

Moirean watches the man carted away in silence, her stare lingering on the prone and bound figure until he vanishes out of sight into the prison proper.

Ferrik sinks his teeth into Moaz, albeit by far not as hard as expected and starts to aid the dragging of the prone mason.

Illinian continues pulling the mason north, being none to careful about it on the way.

Ferrik grunts and gurgles around Moaz' form before finally letting go once the man is in the cell proper.

Illinian nods his head, satisfied. Glancing around the room he remarks dryly, "Seems a bit too well furnished for the likes of this one."

A dark-skinned mason is utterly still, frozen as if fished up from an icy lake. The only sign he is alive is his breathing.

Ferrik is quick to bound his way out of the cell. "Pretty sure he won't be able to enjoy the ..'luxuries' any time soon anyhow!" he snickers.

Illinian Torinaiden says to Ferrik, "Should we cut his ties?"

Ferrik shakes his head at Illinian.

Illinian nods his head emphatically.

Nudging the cell door closed with his snout, Ferrik says, "Too risky."

Illinian Torinaiden says to a grey-clad peasant conscript, "You there, make sure this one doesn't do anything fishy. If anything happens to him, you'll be the one to answer for it."

Agreeing, Ferrik says, "Yes.. yes indeed. Just you."

A grey-clad peasant conscript says, "Say no more, sir. He won't be going anywhere."

Illinian nods his head emphatically.

The deepening dusk yields to impenetrable darkness as night claims the land.

Illinian Torinaiden says, "He's detained, Chair. Won't be going anywhere."

Moirean nods her head at Illinian.

Ferrik rights his top hat, scooting it left and right.[/spoiler]

And somewhat later in the aftermath:
    [spoiler]A small, well-furnished holding cell
    A weathered wooden desk dominates the northern half of the room. A stately ebonwood armchair is here, padded with leather. Its lines sharp and utilitarian, a bed is against the east wall. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. A grey-clad peasant conscript stands here, slouching wearily as she maintains her watch over the area. An aquiline man of dark skintone occupies the cell, seemingly content in his boredom.
    You see a single exit leading south.

All throughout the city, an awe-inspiring sight takes place: Spirean guards, Syssin, Sciomancer, and others, lead on what must be hundreds of agitated Spireans, driving them toward the prison complex. The shouts of the guardsmen rise out above the city as they command and prod people into the jail.

Ferrik tells Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, "As a note captain. The ah, separated prisoner, the mason is still in possession of some of his tools, chisels and hammers and such. A mild escape hazard."

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard tells Ferrik, "Good catch, comrade. We'll have them removed."

[After a while croco--]

"Alright, you heard the Captain's orders." An attendant enters the cell, moving swiftly - the mason's body remains in a state of paralysis, but who knows how long.

Kelliara ear's flick up and she cocks her head to watch the attendant intently.

With a single fluid movement, Ferrik pull a sinuous, reptilian darkbow from his shoulder and wields it.

Ferrik narrows his eyes to thin slits.

The so-called Moaz is stripped of his tools, left with no possessions whatsoever, save for his clothing. The goods are deposited in a locker, and the cell locked.

A grey-clad peasant conscript salutes. "All under control, guv'nors."

The corners of Ferrik's mouth lift slightly in a small grin.

Illinian saunters into the cell, a wry grin covering his features. "Having fun without me, comrades?"

"Just making sure..." Ferrik points with a claw, "I noticed he still had his tools." he indicates in gesticulation "Hammers and chisels. Escape hazards and all. So I'd reported that to be sure."

Illinian gives a satisfied nod. "Good thinking, good thinking indeed."

Ferrik grins a toothy grin and snaps a claw, pointing a single sharp edge to Illinian with a wink.[/spoiler]

SO! Then here is a log of what transpired today!

Spirean Sedition Part II:

Much Ado About Something
    [spoiler][ So it all started when an assignment came: ]

Someone says, "Come outside the jail and lurk in the shadows."

Someone says, "I will be releasing a man soon who I want tailed."

[Move move]

You fumble about drunkenly. [- Woops. Don't ask.]

You squint your eyes and look out toward the north.
    A small, well-furnished holding cell.
    A weathered wooden desk dominates the northern half of the room. A stately ebonwood armchair is here, padded with leather. Its lines sharp and utilitarian, a bed is against the east wall. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A glowing red flame-shaped sigil has been left here. A black human of proud stature occupies the cell, the very image of patience. Moirean Seirath is here.
    You see a single exit leading south.

Someone says, "I need SOMEONE. Surely one of you wants this assignment."

You fumble about drunkenly.  [- Yep. A little bit.]

You start to wield a luscious lemon in your right hand.

You hurl a luscious lemon north.

Someone says, "You kinda just blew your cover."

A short burst of azure light fills your vision and when it is gone, you find yourself phased out of sync with
    the rest of reality.

[Phase]

Look Vex
    Vex's ashen, black skin, flared nose, and fleshy lips put his birthplace in some far, exotic locale. He is a
    beautifully-made man, tall, with a slender neck and long muscles, eyes of green and a tendency to look pensive.
     He wears a Spirean mason's fatigues, a little oversized for his aquiline figure.
    Vex is about equal in strength.

Someone says, "Don't assault him. Simply see where he goes and report back."

Vex says, "You've won, you understand. No one dares kick a rock too hard now, for fear of being mixed in with
    the rioters. The suppression was handled masterfully."

Moirean clears her throat and her tone shifts to a brisk, business-like one. "I suppose I should thanking you,
    then," she curtly states. "You've revealed that my citizen's urges run counter to the current government.
    There is lingering malcontent that I was not aware of, and obviously I have work to do." Her eyes narrow a
    fraction and a bite creeps into her voice. "There is no need for false flattery. You've done your part, for
    better or worse, in this, and in exchange for the information you've given me..."

Moirean lightly runs a hand past the wards sealing the cell closed, the glowing aura around the door vanishing
    with a breathless sigh and wispy trail of motes. "...you're free to go," she informs the man.

[ With some fumbling I find out at this point after many attempts I can't shadow or follow ]

A flare of impatient irritation enters Moirean's voice as she raises an eyebrow. "Don't give me time to change
    my mind," she warns.

His head held high, Vex strides south.

Vex shifts his eyes from side to side suspiciously.

His head held high, Vex strides west. (etc.)

[And poof! Run around]

Something feels wrong. He must still be in the city. He has to be.

There is another scent, too. Somewhere in the citadel, near the Archives.

His head held high, Vex strides south.  (etc).

Trembling, Vex says, "Forgive me..."

You blink.

You ponder whether to remain invisible or not.

You think to yourself, "Should I try to engage this fellow in person or hold off and see what this leads to."

Vex says, "I... I have a bell tattoo. I know you're there. Why haven't you stopped me, yet?"

Your surroundings shatter into a cloud of glowing stars which dissipate to leave you back where you began.

You cough softly.

Conspicuously staring around, you say, "My apologies dear sir. I was hoping you did."

"I fain believe you would strike against the government," Vex says quietly, his voice trembling.

Vex says, "Fain... fain? That's the wrong word."

Scribbling the side of his head with a claw, you say, "Ah. My Aetolian isn't as.. great all the time either."

A touch winded, Vex says, "Mine's a little rusty, as well. Lad, it's in your best interest to keep me from
    entering that room. You understand that, right."

Still, Vex ponders you wonderingly.

Taking a few steps closer, Ferrik cants his head, "Hmh.. I.. had my own reasons to see what you were up to.." he guardedly counters. "How so?" he finally asks the man.

"I am about to spectacularly commit suicide," Vex claims, lifting his head high.

Ferrik blinks, staring wide-eyed at Vex, "No! No you can't do that!" he protests with a
    raised claw. "How would aspiring Spireans follow your lead then?!"

You sent the following message to Moirean:
    Question. Subject might be considering suicide. Attempting to reason and counter.

Vex sneers at you. Something in the questioning seems to inspire him to move on, and away he goes, marching
    back into the Chairwoman's office.

Message #255   Sent By: Moirean         Received On: 9/20/2013/3:45
    "Suicide?? Intervene."

"Wait wait wait!" Ferrik rattles off as he follows quickly in the man's footsteps. "Who will
    take over then? How would.. someone like me, wishing to help otherwise know what to do?" he remarks in a
    hurried, off-handed fashion.

Casually adding, you say, "Or.. y'know uh.. other upstanding Spireans that is."

Vex turns on you, this time with a long knife in his hand. "Don't play stupid with me, boy. You're just as
    eager to dismantle a goddamn secretariat as I am." Judging by the way he sneers, it doesn't seem very eager at
    all. "I've got a family to think about, you hear me?"

Vex says, "If you really want to 'help the movement', get your woman back into her office, boy."

Ferrik warily reaches for his dirk as he responds in a calm and collected tone, "Hold on now
    mister. Let's not make any rash decisions." his reptilian eyes narrowed and trained on the mason. "The Syssin
    are very capable at discreetly handling matters. I have my resources. We can protect your family." he suggests,
     dagger slipping from his belt.

By all means. Do not approach. Stay away from your office.

He is purposefully wanting to attack you and go down that way. I'm trying to get more information here. He
    seems to be just a pawn of a much larger scheme by my estimates. That martyr treatment? I think that's exactly
    what he's after.

Vex holds his own blade, a curvy dagger of southern make, aloft, ready to fight off you should the need arise.
    The gloves have come off, so it seems, and his gentle, patient voice is gone, replaced with an angry snarl.
    "My family... does not need to be protected! It's about the MONEY! I do this, and they will never eat soup and
    bread again! You understand!?"

"There's PLENTY of sovereigns to go around." Ferrik counters with a shake of his head. A
    single claw clicking on his dirk. "We can take care of them if that's what it is." he snarls, "Is this
    Schull's doing?" he wonders, carefully gauging any response.

Message #256   Sent By: Moirean         Received On: 9/20/2013/3:52
    "Do what you can to discourage him. Why does he want to die? Maybe we can turn him?"

Exactly what I am carefully attempting. But he is armed, though so am I.

Message #257   Sent By: Moirean         Received On: 9/20/2013/3:55
    "I have faith in you. Be careful and sly. He could be double-crossing us to infiltrate, as well, bear that in
    mind."

"I told her already, he's just another lieutenant!" Vex shouts, his voice cracking. He backs toward the desk,
    feeling at it without looking. "My money's already in the bag, but if I don't do this... listen--" he drops
    his knife, gritting his teeth at you. "If I don't do this... they'll take it right back. And so help me, they
    will KILL my woman and my girl."

Ferrik ducks his head in a jerking nod, his top hat teetering against his browridges. "I know
    that!" he exclaims as he lowers his dirk in turn, "Are you even listening?! We can protect them you see." He
    gradually extends an upturned claw, "I understand your situation. The position you've been put in. Trust me on
    this, let me help you."

Vex leaps up onto the desk, tears streaming from his face. "You're not getting it, are you. They're at my -
    house-. They're with my -girl-. I was supposed to die in that cell, goddammit. And if you're not going to help
    me..."

Vex raises his fist. Clenched in his fingers, he carries nothing more than a brown rock.

"Waaaiiit!" Ferrik wails as he digs in a stray pocket. His expression furrows in an intense
    look of concentration and his eyes settle in as they focus for aiming.

You start to wield a succulent peach in your right hand.

You throw a succulent peach at Vex, but it does little more than startle him.

Attempting to dislodge the man's weaponry with a well aimed fruit, Ferrik darts forward.

"I'll take you down w-- guh!" Vex topples over backwards, and crashes behind the desk. He is stunned for a
    moment, but tries to fight up to his feet again.

Ferrik starts at a dive, one claw lunging to hold onto his top hat before the crocodilian's
    form lands onto the prone man. "Seriously. You're making a mistake. You underestimate our capabilities!"

Zaephlyn tells you, "Doin' alright?"

Rattling off in an attempt to reason, you say, "We can disseminate false information! Let your employers know
    that you're dead even though you're not."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Just peachy Managing Director. Just peachy."

Zaephlyn tells you, "Great."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "...I'll have a report in just a few moments. Do not approach me for the time
    being please."

Zaephlyn tells you, "I wouldn't dream of approaching you, MC."

You wonder if you're doing the right thing.

Vex crumples beneath you, struggling to fight for dominance beneath the huge, crocodilian Tekal. "No! Hell with you! I don't want your chari-- ahHAH!" In his thrashing, he has been probing under the desk the entire time. And now, he has what he wanted all along; the item he planted beneath the table: it is... another rock. A very large one, criss-crossed with etchings.

"HEY!" Ferrik blurts out abruptly, swatting at the crafty mason with a claw, sharp talons ignoring any obstructions. "What!? What d'you think you're doing!" the reptile's lilting voice jumps a few octaves in pitch as he tries his best to 'disarm' the man of his odd looking rocks. His whip uncoils swiftly as he retrieves it and presses it to the man's throat. "Baaaad!" he hisses.

Are you aware of any odd 'rocks' or such objects beneath your desk, Chairwoman?

"Nooo--" Vex chokes out, glaring at you. "Just... b- bad... day." His fingers tighten around the smaller
    'rock'. His thumb swerves over it in a complex pattern.

Message #260   Sent By: Moirean         Received On: 9/20/2013/4:13
    "[#&D]uck, is it a bomb? Be careful!"

There is suddenly a dim fizzing noise, like a firework being lit. It lasts for mere seconds before cutting out
    into silence.

The room bursts apart in a terrific explosion. Splinters, shards of masonry, and glass are hurled through the
    chamber at supersonic speeds, leaving the place in a coarse fog.

STUNNED -1718h (unblockable)

A terrific *WHUMP* sounds out from the government spire. A lofty window shatters, burst from within. Moments
    later, people are shouting in alarm.

You are no longer stunned.

You wince in pain.

Olethea arrives from the north.

Ferrik lies over a red smear on the floor, a blood spatter like an angel a child would make in the snow.

Menelaus suddenly appears, having travelled down the beam of prismatic light.

Coughing and limply waving a claw at the dissipating smoke, Ferrik blinks a few times.
    Muttering in a gurgly breath, "Mwellp. That... was to be.. expected."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "You ah... you were right."

(Spinesreach): Eleanor says, "What sort of things this time?"

(Spinesreach): You say, "Uhh."

(Spinesreach): Illinian says, "The Chair's office was attacked?"

(Spinesreach): Olethea says, "Well, they've wrecked her office."

(Spinesreach): You say, "..that would've been.. a bomb."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Intended for the Chairwoman originally."

(Spinesreach): Xenia says, "Are they still there?"

(Spinesreach): You say, "No.. no they're definitely not. Not anymore."

Menelaus ponders the situation.

(Spinesreach): You say, "..well depending on your definition they are but."

Wrecked chambers of the Chair of the Secretariat (12982) - Spinesreach (25)
    A comforting feeling of privacy pervades the area. What was once a massive, wood-paneled office has been scorched and destroyed by some incendiary source. The hardier furniture, chiefly those made of metal, remain standing, but the remainder of the chamber is a disorganized chaos of wood, glass, and stone. A wide silver cabinet, its door flickering with a blue light, has been built inside the wall above the window. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A Sciomancer of the Spires stands here, his hands resting on a black voidstaff. A delicate cabinet hung on a wall displays a collection of Spirean memorabilia. A succulent peach lies here looking scrumptious. Decorated in the military uniform of Spinesreach, Thuneron, the Captain of the Guard remains vigil here. Menelaus is here. He is riding on a donkey. He wields a tower shield in his left hand. Princess Olethea Lunare is here, hidden. She wields a buckler in her left hand. A thick cloud of dust lingers in the room, making breathing a touch difficult.
    You see a single exit leading north (open pine door).

(Spinesreach): Zaephlyn says, "Great now we've got Martyrs.."

Menelaus greets Fred, a Spirean Sciomancer with a sincere smile.
    With a curt nod, Fred, a Spirean Sciomancer says, "Comrade. What do you need?"

(Spinesreach): Moirean says, "Damnit."

"What in the bloody Underhalls...?" Thuneron, Captain of the Guard slaps at the frame of the door, gazing at
    the sight of the ruin.

Choking and coughing, Moirean Seirath says, "What...what happened?"

(Spinesreach): Eleanor says, "Well, at least there's not much concern that the architecture will suffer. Would have knocked the place over decades ago if explosions bothered it."

(Spinesreach): Zaephlyn says, "We would've lost it with Sciomancer experiments!"

Ferrik coughs again, still prone on top of a giant red smear on the floor. "Well in short. Vex happened." he mutters in a raspy breath.

Moirean surveys the shattered shards of her desk in dismay. "My office..." she moans.

Peeking into the room, Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "Is... is everything okay?"

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Olethea.

Princess Olethea Lunare says, "Not really, Ashayth."

Menelaus greets Thuneron, Captain of the Guard with a sincere smile.
    Nodding his head, Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says, "Comrade."

You close your eyes, draw in a deep breath, and then release it slowly.

Only the gory spray under Ferrik is any evidence that there may have been another instigator here.

Covering his mouth with his cloak, Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "Dead people, that's a few less hazardous rioters we've got to clean up later."

Illinian tells you, "Is there a reason the mason is no longer in the cell?"

Moirean's eyes widen as she spots the smear. She inhales sharply and raises a shadowy hand to her mouth. "He...Is that-?" she shakes her head, words failing.

A vibrant note echoes through the air, emanating from the central spire. Brief seconds later, a cold gust of wind bellows in, heralding the arrival of dawn's waking breath.

Delicately choosing her words, Princess Olethea Lunare says, "It certainly... was?"

Menelaus says, "Is t-this what they c-call a 'flash m-mob'?"

(Spinesreach): Illinian says, "I'm not sure if I missed anything, but where has our mason gone - He isn't in his cell."

Flecking the darkened sky with streaks of orange and magenta, rays of early morning light streak upwards from a newly awakened sun.

(Spinesreach): Moirean says, "Apparently he's smeared across the floor of my office."

Eocik, the Numerologist hobbles into the office, scowling at the mess, his nose wrinkling when it is invaded by the scent of a fresh death. "What the bloody gabber's goin' on up here!?"

Xenia enters from the north, riding a painted mountain stallion.

Shadows dissipate from around Moirean's feet, rendering her footfalls audible again.

Menelaus greets Eocik, the Numerologist with a sincere smile.
    Eocik, the Numerologist shakes his head at Menelaus.

(Spinesreach): Illinian says, "Ah, well then."

(Spinesreach): Eleanor says, "Hah. Expendable."

Beads of sweat break out on Menelaus's brow.

(Spinesreach): You say, "Not.. not entirely my fault."

Zaephlyn tells you, "Was this 'Moaz' that exploded?"

Fred, a Spirean Sciomancer blinks rapidly and comes awake. "Bwuh. I miss something?"

In consternation, Moirean Seirath says, "Where did the bomb comb from?"

Princess Olethea Lunare says, "Eocik - er, hello - we're trying to work that out now."

(Spinesreach): Lhee says, "...That doesn't make much sense."

In consternation, Moirean Seirath says, "Where did the bomb come from?"

Xenia slips into the room and makes her way to Moirean's left side, pulling her halberd to her side, "Is there anything I can be of service with, Commander?"

Before long, even more Spireans of all walks of life crowd as best they can into the office, murmuring their concern.

Eocik, the Numerologist says, "I'll tell you exactly where it came from."

Princess Olethea Lunare says, "Er..."

Illinian enters from the north, riding a donkey.

Ferrik reaches up with a bloodied claw to wipe away some of the dirt, blood and grime off his maw and to straighten his top hat. "Well. He went out with a bang." he states casually. "The bomb... partially was his own." the reptilian returns as he tilts his head to look at Moirean.

Menelaus tilts his head curiously.

Moirean frowns at you before her attention shifts to Eocik, the Numerologist.

You tell Moirean Seirath, "I can't speak of that entirely in public right now."

"He STOLE it!" Eocik, the Numerologist snarls, snapping his fingers irritably at the lingering smoke in the room. "He wasn't a bloody mason at all, he was a goddamned sneakthief! If he hadn't blown himself to bits I'd have taken that device out of his arse!"

Upon entering the smoke-filled room Illinian's eyes alight on the damage. "Well then..."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Oh.. oh yes it was."

Moirean tells you, "Understandable."

"I remember him," Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, frowning. "A dark man, right? He asked me a lot of funny questions about the Chairwoman. I told him to get lost!"

Zaephlyn Chaltier says, "He was right, we should've kept using him as a pin cushion for our arrows."

Idly, Ferrik's tail swishes through the blood smear as he props his head up with a claw. "No that was his plan originally."

Princess Olethea Lunare says to Ashayth, the Roaming Savant, "He made an attempt on the Chairwoman's life."

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "Why would someone do something like this...?"

Menelaus nods his head in agreement.

Olethea smiles, somewhat helplessly.

Correcting with a cough, you say, "Planning to. Except I was here. Not her."

Moirean's eyes narrow at Eocik, the Numerologist and she coldly demands, "You mean to tell me that the Cabalists possessed this weapon before he obtained it?" Her eyes narrow even more and, dangerously calm, she presses, "Just how many other weapons do you lot have?"

Menelaus nods his head at Ashayth, the Roaming Savant, showing his acceptance.

Illinian grins mischievously at you.

Murmurs swell through the crowd. This is not the riots of prior months - these people gaze at the office in fear, many of them glancing at the Chairwoman, at Ferrik, and at others, concerned for their safety.

Menelaus ponders the situation.

Zaephlyn tells you, "Got all your limbs? Need any bandages?"

Eocik, the Numerologist remarks to Moirean, in a patient, bemused tone, "Do you really want me to answer that."

Illinian throws his hands up in the air with an exasperated sigh. "Saw that coming."

Moirean inhales slowly and then exhales, shaking her head as her eyes close. "Not right now," she concedes, though she adds in a mutter, "...the Conduit and I might need to have a chat."

Ferrik lets out another cough, waving a claw as most of the smoke seems to lift up gradually, "Everything's just peachy fine here now!" his eyes trail to the lone peach in the corner of the room. "..Just peachy."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Ah nah. I'm fine. I think. Mostly. I might be bleeding, but we'll be able to tell after."

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says, "This has been... the most interesting year of my career. I'm so sorry this happened, Chairwoman."

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "He's right, this is horrible."

Princess Olethea Lunare says to Ashayth, the Roaming Savant, "As far as we can tell, they're radicals who want to usher in a new form of government... but really, why is less important than stopping them. Though I suppose if it helps root them out..."

Moirean tells you, "I take it he revealed information behind his actions?"

Menelaus says, "One down?"

"Build her a new office!"

"... wont' let this happen again!"

You tell Moirean Seirath, "Partially, yes. It creates more questions, but some of them we have already been looking to answer."

Even Fred, a Spirean Sciomancer pipes up. "Chairwoman... we don't -want- you removed. This entire thing has been a stupid tragedy."

Princess Olethea Lunare says, "Agreed."

Taygeta enters from the north, riding a fiery alaecorn.
    Eocik rolls his eyes at Taygeta, unhappy for the intrusion.

Menelaus smiles and nods pretending to understand what is being said.

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant gasps softly at Olethea. She may have been missing several months of news.

"A little bit of a bloody mess." Ferrik remarks from off the ground. "..But nothing that can't be cleaned I'm sure."

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant sighs contently.

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "I'd like to go back to roaming the realms one day, but for now I'm content here."

Olethea's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Moirean's gaze lingers on the wreckage, features sharpening as an icy ire slowly overtakes her. Finally, her stare lands on you, and she spends several moments silently taking in your appearance - dusty, covered in rubble, wounded - and something seems to snap.

You ask Ashayth, the Roaming Savant, "..even with all the big bangs?"

Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "Here in my home, which I love!"

In a near-whisper, Moirean Seirath says, "I'm done playing nice."

Urgently, Ashayth, the Roaming Savant says, "Of course!"

Zaephlyn moves over to you and adjust's the top hat on your head quietly, uttering, "Would you like some help to move so I can make sure you're not going to bleed to death?"

Moirean Seirath says to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, "Attend me. To the prison."
    A fiery alaecorn glances up and flicks his tail, snorting small tongues of flame.

Princess Olethea Lunare says to Ashayth, the Roaming Savant, "Well, that's good to hear. I'm not sure who I'd send all the novices to, otherwise...."

Ferrik's eyes flick across the room. Finally with some mutterings, he scrambles his limbs and gets up on all fours, blood dripping from his frame.

You tell Moirean Seirath, "Be careful. We're on our way to join you."

Zaephlyn frowns at you.

The other citizens clear out as well, lingering only long enough to give one final look at the mess.

(Spinesreach): Moirean says, "If you are squeamish, I advise you cover your ears for the next day."

Ferrik motions to Zaephlyn, two claws pointed at his eyes and towards the direction of the Chairwoman's last departure.

(Spinesreach): Moirean says, "There will likely be some cries coming out of the prison."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "Hang on there Chairwoman. I have reason to believe it might be a partial inside job."

Moirean tells you, "Oh?"

You tell Moirean Seirath, "So that bomb had two components to it. The one part he probably had from Eocik. The other however. Was planted underneath your desk."

Moirean tells you, "My office is kept open. Anyone could have had access."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "But it's always supervised is it not?"

Moirean tells you, "By Fred. He's more of a...feature, than an asset."

Moirean tells you, "The captain told me to double the guard. I didn't. My own fault."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "Chairwoman. Vex said he was originally supposed to die in his cell. By your hand."

Moirean gives the detainees a piercing, icy glare, gaze simply sweeping across the yard as the silence stretches on. Minutes pass, uncomfortably, before she finally clears her throat and lifts her chin. "The instigators," she hoarsely commands. "Bring them forward."

You tell Moirean Seirath, "His superiors have his family detained under threat of death if he did not at least kill himself or better, die by your hand."

Moirean tells you, "I see."

Zaephlyn turns his gaze to the horkval instigator quietly but can't help a small grin from spreading across his lips.

A twitch in Moirean's jaw muscle is all that conveys any sign of regret she might be forcing down as she sternly commands, "Execute them."

Eleanor tucks her hands into her pockets, watching with an unreadable expression.

[ Parade gets pooped on with lots of spam - I can't - Too tired ]

When the confusion and mess clears, Thuneron, Captain of the Guard shouts a loud order, his sword drawn. "STAND DOWN!" The instigators lie at his feet, torn apart by the mercilessness of the crowd.

Akaryuterra crosses his arms and stalks closer to the crowd, in Eleanor's direction.

Eleanor glances up at Akaryuterra, her crests twitching upward fractionally.

In the aftermath of the impromptu violent flash mob, almost all of the detainees have gone into a stunned silence. No one dares speak a word, or even breathe too loudly. Again, all eyes are on Moirean Seirath.

Grimdale smirks and gulps down more of his drink.

Xenia nods curtly, "Yes, I think that should do it."

Menelaus whispers into the minds of each and every mind of an enormous congregation of detained Spireans "Let this be a l-lesson to any one who d-dares c-cross the C-Chairwoman Moirean Seirath." His tone harsh and cruel despite the stutter.

Thuneron, Captain of the Guard shoots Menelaus a dirty look, making a fist around his sword.

Moirean remains silent and still through the chaos, her eyes fixed on the crowd before her. As silence once again reigns, she finally speaks, her voice steely. "Sedition and treason will NOT be tolerated within Spinesreach. Harm to any citizen-" Her gaze shifts quickly to you, eyes narrowing as she takes in your wounds, then back to the detainees again. "-is harm to the city."

A man in the background stands up, his arms drawn together by ropes. He takes a deep breath and very nearly manages to get something shouted out.

Coldly, Moirean Seirath says, "We are a city of progress and learning, but we are also strong and ruthless when driven to it. Terrorism will be met with force. Violence will be matched with swift, brutal pain."

Quietly, Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart says, "I'd like to think we were all a little more grown-up and civilised than throwing punches to try and get our way."

Moirean stares down at the bodies lying in the dirt. She takes a small step sideways to avoid the puddle of blood slowly seeping towards her. She raises her gaze. She smiles.

Panting heavily, Thuneron, Captain of the Guard says, "The very second you infringe upon the rights of your kindsmen to live in peace, your rights are FORFEIT!"

Eleanor eyes the detainees with an expression that looks something like disappointment.

"Or bombs, for that matter..." Illinian remarks quietly.

Far more gently, Moirean Seirath says, "We are also a city of freedom, however. A city where all citizens are welcome to contribute their thoughts and ideas, and all concerns are heeded - when they are brought up in a civilized and respectful manner."

A still bloodied Ferrik lets out a muffled, but rasping cough.

"I never doubted you for a sec--" The shouting woman is handily silenced by her mate, who cups a hand over her mouth.

Xenia glances over at you, "I think that you are owed a horse after all that," she says with a stern nod.

Grimdale glances oddly at you before returning to his drink, slouching against a post.

Zaephlyn frowns and removes his cloak before handing it off to you for the crocodile to try and clean some of the blood.

Zaephlyn tells you, "You can tatter it all you need, it's pretty durable once it comes back to me."

Her voice softening, Moirean Seirath says, "I trust you can all follow these simple, easy ideals. Any of you here who have issues with the city are encouraged to share your concerns - I will be erecting a box in the Conclaves for ANONYMOUS submissions, and my door always remains open, even if my office lies in ruins. My ear is yours. The government is yours. We lead FOR you, BY your consent. Use us, and none of this violence need happen again."

With a narrowed gaze, Ferrik eyes the goings on. Idly reaching up with a claw to straighten his somewhat rumpled top hat he accepts the cloak with a quiet nod.

Menelaus hands you a slick onyx black leather hat of whitesight.

Like the previous outbursts, vocalizations begin to rise from the crowd. A dull murmur provides the undertone to outspoken detainees: "We'll build you a new office!" "Mercy, thank you!" "I just wanna go back home!"

Quietly, Moirean Seirath says to Thuneron, Captain of the Guard, "Release them. Double patrols of the city - any sign of more rioting, and I want those who start it back here quicker than Angwe flees to Duiran."

Zaephlyn utters a deep, rumbling laugh.

Eleanor gives a hint of a grin. "That's quick."

Xenia chuckles quietly at Moirean's order.

Ferrik wrinkles his maw slightly as a hat is pushed into his claws. His eyes roll up to his top hat and back to the leather hat. "Ahh.. I'm good sir. Thank you." he answers gutturally.

Eleanor tells you, "Here, is any of that blood yours, by the by? I'm a little out of the loop, but it sounds like you've been involved somehow."

You tell Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "..Possibly. Most of it is ahh from the late Vex."

Eleanor tells you, "Ah- I see. If you need a looking-over, I might be able to help, after this matter's settled."

"It will be carried out, Chairwoman." It is with a solemn air that Thuneron, Captain of the Guard executes the order. Guardsmen mobilize en masse, but the process of unshackling every detainee will likely take hours. Before long, people begin filing out of the jail, by ones or twos.

Zaephlyn tells you, "I'm following you when you're ready to get cleaned up. I'll treat ya to a drink."

You tell Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "Ahh.. maybe. I have all my peaches in a row though. I need to make sure on some things first before I can tend to myself."

As the citizens are returned slowly to their homes, Thuneron, Captain of the Guard and his men raise a salute to the Chairwoman and her Adjutants.

Moirean's chin remains lifted and her gaze stern, though it's clear there is a measure of exhaustion in her stiff stance. "I will be in my office," she informs the gathered crowd. "Any concerns, please, bring to me. I will remain awake all night to answer any questions or issues you may have."

Illinian arrives from the west.

Eleanor rubs her chin thoughtfully as she watches the gradual release of detainees. "I wonder where that carpenter has gotten to," she murmurs to herself.

Illinian winks knowingly at Eleanor.

Zaephlyn raises his right hand to the edge of his eyebrow in a salute towards Thuneron, Captain of the Guard and his men.

Zaephlyn Chaltier says to you, "C'mon, Mister. Let's go get you bandaged up and drunk."

Ferrik blinks several times in rapid succession. "Eh. Fine."

You tell Zaephlyn Chaltier, "Somewhere we can speak in private?"

Zaephlyn tells you, "Aye, I've a room in my haven we can relax in."

Eleanor tells you, "Sounds like you're being taken care of. Let me know if you want looked at, though."

You tell Conduit Eleanor Junakutz-Lionheart, "I will. First duty calls."

[ Port to Haven ]
    ! AAAND SEKRETZ ! Operation: Peachplosion[/spoiler]

Edited because: Fiddled with colouring, trying to make it less eye-gouging and more easy to read. I'mtiredokayleavemealone.

Oh in closing! I really want to thank the person(s) responsible for these events and interactions. I was really positively surprised to find interaction and myself being a part of something and I hope I did not annoy/frustrate during them. So thank you again you fantastic, peachy people you.

MoireanTrigruBakhtuh
  • SO MUCH FUN.
    Xenia