Announce 2163

2»

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    How can you forge for crits?
  • Keeping damage higher at the cost of some speed, specifically so that when a crit does fire, the crit is much larger. Going super fast and having crappy crits is easily outweighed by my little formula.
  • Saybre said:
    Math was a bit off, I actually get less. For some reason I thought I was wailing more than I actually am.
    But yes, I have runed maces and strength artifacts. I specifically forged my maces to be the perfect balance for speed and damage for DPS, while having pretty nicely high crits.

[ You smash - an arrogant Xorani master at arms ]
    Damage done: 830 (1613 overkill), blunt.
    [ You smash - an arrogant Xorani master at arms ]
    Damage done: 830, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.63 seconds
    I'd love to see your un-augmented damage. I feel like I've been bashing with a handicap in comparison.
  • Xavin said:
    Just saying. 5% of an annihilating crit is way more than 85 health.
    I always assumed that it calculates from the damage as if there is no crit? Do we know one way or another if it is pre or post crit?
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited September 2013
    You do almost as much damage as I do in one slash/hack/smash/whatevertheUNICORNSitis as I do in a single frenzy. And you get 2 of those attacks in the same speed as I get 1 attack.

Edited out a naughty word. 
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• @Draiman: Frenzy is possible the worse in terms of damage scaling. A frenzy with 14 strength isn't going to deal all -that- much damage less than a frenzy with an 18 strength. Have you tried bashing with a weapon?

Stathan
  • edited September 2013
    That as me rocking 21 strength, by the way. Not a normal thing by any means.
    Level 2 runes on each, Red Orb, and my level 1 hunting boon.
    Otherwise my combo is usually like 660 per swing or something at around 18 strength.

Until I got my runes for my maces, bashing with a honed bastard sword and doubleswing was by far the best, the runes just push it past the DPS I could get with the bastard.
  • Did you ever try zeal bashing?
    NoonEzalor
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Especially in Xaanhal there is no reason not to zeal bash.
  • Zeal is the worst thing in the world. Period.
  • I did try bashing with a bastard. Don't remember the stats, but it was doing considerably less damage than frenzy vs. mobs and was only around .2-.3 seconds faster on balance. Which is kinda strange, cause it hits way harder against people than frenzy. OP cutting audit on mobs.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Wut. 180+ damage 2hander, speed and pen don't matter, 4 seconds flat balance(as dex not sure if +bal modified) for 4 hits. In places like Xaanhal where mobs don't knockdown, impale/web or knock eq/bal it's pretty spifftactular.
  • Draiman said:
    I did try bashing with a bastard. Don't remember the stats, but it was doing considerably less damage than frenzy vs. mobs and was only around .2-.3 seconds faster on balance. Which is kinda strange, cause it hits way harder against people than frenzy. OP cutting audit on mobs.
    I got a bastard doing 200 more damage (with orbs etc) then frenzy and under .2 quicker.... You need a better bastardsword!

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited September 2013
    My DPS is a bit higher with DSW and a level 3 stat rune on my warhammer (140/130 base) than it is for Zeal with a 179 warhammer, and I'm not left off bal for 5 seconds (can't bash xaanhal dex, ouch ouch ouch). 
  • I can only bash Xaanhal with a blessing, dsk, dsw, zeal, doesn't matter. :(
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Regardless of statpack? Powerful makes a huge difference. 
  • I can't afford statpack switching arties, stuck in dex forever.

• Saybre said:
    That as me rocking 21 strength, by the way. Not a normal thing by any means.
    Level 2 runes on each, Red Orb, and my level 1 hunting boon.

That explains it. I suspect I'd be close to that with lightning if I had 21 int, l2 potence and a hunting boon.
    I doubt I could do it as a lycan, though it might be fair to argue that with roars a lycan is more durable, offsetting the difference that way.