Warning: This is NOT a thread about whether or not there should be blanket enemy statuses. That is NOT what should be discussed.
There's been some discussion lately about monuments and the attributes research gives them, and how impossible it is to deal with it. Holy wars are flawed and able to be surrendered before monuments can be touched, and especially WITH the blanket enemy status policies, people are left unable to run from mobs or just get from A to B without issue.
Monuments that belong to a God upon your city's advisory will grant the following bonuses to citizens in the area:
- Endurance regeneration
- Willpower regeneration
- Non-hostile shrine powers for the God the monument belongs to become area wide.
Enemies to your city who are in an area that has a monument to a God upon your city's advisory suffer the following negative effects:
- Reduced endurance regeneration
- Reduced willpower regeneration
- Decreased movement
- Small chance that creatures and denizens in the room will turn aggressive upon them.
- Adjust when Monuments can be attacked.
- Have the abilities able to be turned on or off, and when on, drain ylem to keep it running (like shrine watch abilities).
-- Have Monuments be able to be attacked when they are 'on'.
- Have different stages of enemy standing (I think this would be useful in multiple ways)
Any ideas on how to find common ground between the intention of the system, the current RP climate, and provide more ways to address the issues?
- Level 1 branding: simply unwelcome in the city, guards tell you to get out and will alert the city that an undesirable has entered (maybe after a certain time, would escort you out or plop you in jail unless you do something aggro (at which point they attack you)).
- Level 2 branding: The 'actively did something naughty' list - monuments would effect you, something of moderte degree where you're not the worst of the worst but you've become enough of a pest to warrant some activity.
- Level 3 branding: The "kill on sight" list, dese some bad mofos - guards attack and call out, monuments effect you even more, more of what branding is now.