Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Haven said:
    Focus Curing Order: 
    stupidity | anorexia | epilepsy | paranoia | hallucinations | shyness | stuttering | dizziness | indifference | berserking | pacifism | lovers | hatred | generosity | claustrophobia | vertigo | loneliness | agoraphobia | masochism | recklessness | weariness | confusion | dementia

I don't know the place of the new affliction mirroring or if anything else was added since @Missari and I compiled that list (mainly her but shh!) but I'll be happy to do some testing!

The order in case you were ever curious @Vharen.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • How long does it take for disloyalty to tick to actually make ents go and raise arms against their owner, pitchforks and all? Is it instant, or does it have to set there until a global tick or some such?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited September 2013
    Saybre said:

How long does it take for disloyalty to tick to actually make ents go and raise arms against their owner, pitchforks and all? Is it instant, or does it have to set there until a global tick or some such?

If I remember correctly it's around 3-5 seconds (or was it the next ent attack tick?) but only works on certain kind of entities. I think the shorter list would be what doesn't it affect: angels, warhounds, and I want to say there is one more class...maybe the magi class ents? Though truthfully the magi and warhound immunity to disloyalty might just be long standing bugs.

It has been a long while since I played Carnifex so that might have changed but I haven't heard otherwise.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Golems don't go disloyal either, I think.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    they do, just when the Teradrim is in Earthenform we get a boost that slows disloyal long enough for us to cure it before the golem starts to attack us.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Does anyone have the list that tree cures?

Or probably easier to list what Tree does NOT cure.

Off-hand I know Gorge, Paralysis (can't touch it anyway), and ablaze.

With Discernment I -know- what they cure, but trying to build up some helpful files for non-uber trans fighters to know what to expect.
  • Fun fact: Tree actually does cure paralysis. It cures paralysis first, in fact. Just, you can't normally touch tree to cure it.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:
    Fun fact: Tree actually does cure paralysis. It cures paralysis first, in fact. Just, you can't normally touch tree to cure it.
    First? Isn't tree random?
  • I dunno, I've gotten it cured first the few times I tried it, but admittedly there wasn't a big stack on me.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I thought there was a tree order....to be honest I cannot remember what that is.  If someone can post that, it would be wonderful!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Tree is random, and should cure all afflictions, except writhe and others that prevent touching.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    There used to be a tree order years ago, but it got switched to random.
    MissariDraiman
  • Writhing, paralysis (unless you using the carni skill) frozen, and resto breaks .. are only things I can think of it doesnt cure!

• What's galeward? And what exactly is going on here, is it protecting him from my 'invalid venom' or not?

Sinuous vines grow rapidly from your quarterstaff, slick with venom. You silently will the vines to
    lash out towards Xiuhcoatl and gash bloody wounds into his flesh.
    That is not a valid venom.
    Your quarterstaff leaches loki into Xiuhcoatl's blood.
    Xiuhcoatl's galeward protects him from the effects of the venom.
    You discern that Xiuhcoatl has been afflicted by the euphorbia venom.
  • edited October 2013
    I would say...

a) You mistyped a venom name for your attack there, so it defaulted to loki, hence it stating invalid venom.
    b) Galeward is like shrugging, prevents a venom 1/10 times or something close to those numbers. Looks like there's a bug with Spiritsight (or whatever the skill is that reveals loki hits to you) believing that he was successfully afflicted.
  • I was doing vinelash without specifying a venom. Seems to give that message all the time now.

Thanks for the galeward explanation.

I bugged this.
  • edited October 2013
    @Irruel .. looks like
    is just firing too slow... like if it was a weapon it would be

weapon hit
    galeward line
    then that new line about the venom goes onto him...  If you know which I mean....

Sounds stupid can do something like

galeward line / tmp.galeward = true

it hitting,

if not temp.galeward then
    enemyhaAff(thisaff)
    end
    temp.galeward = false

if any of that makes sense? Sorry I dont have the venom line of it hitting etc but I do believe its not a 'bug' just the way its been coded

• I've already got the work around coded in (actually, Kaeus does), but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, right? It does mean it isn't a particularly urgent bug though.

Your quarterstaff leaches loki into Xiuhcoatl's blood.
    Xiuhcoatl's galeward protects him from the effects of the venom.

^ Shaman spiritsight is a def that makes discernment fire on loki, so obviously there is a bug there, as you said, with the order of operations.
  • Yeh its not just with your spiritsight, its with venoms/weapon also...

Unsure who I heard it from but I know someone told me its one of them really weird bugs...

• In a fight with a vamp tonight, as a shaman, midway through the fight my energy (shaman primality mechanic, works a bit like rogue combo points in wow) started naturally decaying. This is weird in itself as it usually decays on its own if I don't keep attacking quickly.

Shortly after that, it started decaying twice in a row, i.e. 2 points of energy per tick.

I will bug this, but first I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this happening before?

Example:

5819|5841 53 100|91 [eb lr sdb] 4 (-250m, -75w)
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from your quarterstaff, slick with venom. You silently will the vines to
    lash out towards Canasius and gash bloody wounds into his flesh.
    Your quarterstaff leaches loki into Canasius's blood.
    [Tripwire]: Info: Canasius has gained recklessness (loki)
    Equilibrium Used: 2.58 seconds
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 5 (-50m, -10w, +1energy)
    canasius has < insulation, nofit, rebounding, recklessness, sileris, slickness, vitalbane, vomiting
    >
    You must regain equilibrium first.
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 5
    Your natural energy slowly disperses.
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 3 (-2energy)
  • Irruel said:
    In a fight with a vamp tonight, as a shaman, midway through the fight my energy (shaman primality mechanic, works a bit like rogue combo points in wow) started naturally decaying. This is weird in itself as it usually decays on its own if I don't keep attacking quickly.

Shortly after that, it started decaying twice in a row, i.e. 2 points of energy per tick.

I will bug this, but first I wanted to ask if anyone has seen this happening before?

Example:

5819|5841 53 100|91 [eb lr sdb] 4 (-250m, -75w)
    lash out towards Canasius and gash bloody wounds into his flesh.
    Your quarterstaff leaches loki into Canasius's blood.
    [Tripwire]: Info: Canasius has gained recklessness (loki)
    Equilibrium Used: 2.58 seconds
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 5 (-50m, -10w, +1energy)
    canasius has < insulation, nofit, rebounding, recklessness, sileris, slickness, vitalbane, vomiting
    >
    You must regain equilibrium first.
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 5
    5819|5791 53 100|91 [-b lr sdb] 3 (-2energy)
    I've had this happen before while bashing, using consume and greenfoot. It's something to do with boost, I suspect. Here's the info from my bug:

Using NATURE CONSUMPTION sometimes causes a double loss of energy for a Shaman when it disperses. This appears to happen more often when COMMUNE BOOST is used (but not always). I see two "Your natural energy solowly disperses" messages, and drop from 5 to 3 energy (It appears to happen more often when you have 5 energy.). Here's a log: http://nogfx.org/logs/1765
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I'll try to reproduce it bashing, using consumption as you said, to keep my energy up rather than just sitting at around 1 energy as normal. Hopefully if I can add some more logs to it they'll be able to fix it. If it happened in a fight where we were both fighting 'good', it would have made it impossible for me to win, so I'm pretty keen to see this fixed.

• will it not be 'That is not a valid venom.' so its acting as if its doing 2 attacks and not one??
    Lamb is not the same as a SHEEP!
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but no, because vinelash generates energy, rather than spending it.
    In addition, when I use a primality attack, it either spends or generates energy immediately.

The "Your natural energy slowly disperses." line should only occur after a few seconds of not using any primality attack at all. In combat, if I am doing my job right and attacking constantly, it should never occur at all.
  • edited November 2013
    Please to look at balancing Corpus Frenzy so Bloodborn can be on par with others bashing wise?
    (Edit: in this thread because I didn't really know where was more appropriate to suggest it.)

Arath
  • Shouldn't BB be using their scythes?

I'm asking honestly, I have no idea.
  • Unless things have improved, frenzy has a better dps against mobs than scythes.

• We get a stance with the scythe for 30% blunt/cut damage reduction. I think for hunting that is all but I don't think scythes have stats on them that will help in hunting? I don't know. We use Frenzy.

• Scythe is meh from what I understand as it drains endurance like crazy, and is slower. So not the best tactic for hunting as a newer player.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Also yes I understand that in PvP it stuns/bleed damage so I guess somehow that would need to be taken into account so BB don't do too much imbalanced mess in PvP so this is in hopes the code for FRENZY mob is different than FRENZY <player> since you can't stun a mob...
    My current is Healthy Mhun - do give or take 800 damage on a mob with frenzy at lvl 75. Does that balance out to other classes at my level? Idk, maybe some test alts are due so some sort of log can be posted. I know its not comparable to Tera or Paladin though.