Post Your Pictures!

Comments

• edited February 2014
    Creating Change 2014! The Gay and Lesbian Taskforce rented out the entire Hilton Americas - Houston for the event. There were sessions, all-day academies, yoga in the early morning, and luncheons during the day as well as parties, movie screenings, free bar/club detours, speeches, and artistic activities at night. They even had the pool reserved for a trans-friendly pool party on the last night we were there.

There's a rule that we can't take pictures or video while in session. This is the only picture I was able to get and that was with the permission of the person leading the Stop and Frisk Awareness session. We were tasked with writing either a time of police brutality toward an lgbtq person of color or time of resistance.

An lgbtq activist from Ann Arbor and I getting ready to tear it up on the dance floor.

'Change' was everywhere. Literally.

And then there was Houston - omg Houston <3 This is our view from the hotel room.

This is the park outside of our hotel:

And this is at night:

I went to: a Racail Justice/Stop and Frisk all-day academy, a Religious Attacks and How to Combat Them session held by the Human Rights Caucus, a Kink and Leather Caucus, a Complicating Identity session, and several others. It was definitely worth the 13+ hour drive. I got to meet James Clementi, the brother of Tyler Clementi.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

ArekaMarienaRiluo
  • edited February 2014
    James is the face of the Tyler Clementi Foundation. I also met all the folks from the Trevor Project, Lambda Legal (namely the litigator who argued Lawrence v. Texas), and Jamie Washington of Washington Consulting Group. I met activists/advocates/leaders from all over the United States, Syria, Canada, and many other places but if I had to choose, I would say my favorite was definitely Laverne Cox from Orange is the New Black. 

Here's one of the prompter since the lights were wayyy too bright to get one of Laverne.

Here's Laverne's Speech (Warning! Grab a box of tissues, you'll need them):

View from the hotel room at night:

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

MarienaPiperEzalorAryanne
  • Now now, you can be both.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

ValdusHavenTeaniAryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    The sexiest dictator.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Katszia
  • I hate my new camera. I can't figure out to upload stuff.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • edited February 2014

This is my Bulldog, Boss. He decided he wanted attention...this was right after he layed his face on my keyboard, setting off a bunch of macros.

Edit:  Ack!  Id uploaded it sideways :(

EmelleMoireanInfinHavenPerilunaEllenia
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Taelin said:

This is my Bulldog, Boss. He decided he wanted attention...this was right after he layed his face on my keyboard, setting off a bunch of macros.

Edit:  Ack!  He uploaded it sideways because screw your conventions.

ftfy

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    edited February 2014
    Here's a picture of me and the gf at Busch Gardens.

And one of me at Muay Thai, getting the dog crap worked out of me. Orange gloves/trunks is me.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenMoireanRiluoPerilunaTeaniDaganElleniaPiper
  • Nothing like a GoT themed party to say "Welcome back Mii"...

imageimage

XeniaHavenPerilunaEmelleMoireanRiluoKatsziaIshin
  • I see you took my advise and went as Dani :)
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    You did it wrong. I see no nudity!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DraimanAryanneValenaePiper
  • I don't see any lemoncakes at this feast.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

Because snow...

Doing the responsible thing and taking pictures whilst driving in the beginning of the snowstorm.

PerilunaHavenOmeiMoireanAryanne
  • edited February 2014
    Boss, being lazy and sleeping as usual.
    MoireanHaven
  • Forgot to add this one...yes...he sleeps like this.
    RiluoJensenHaven
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Taelin - Boss is freaking adorable.

@Aarbrok - I see your snow and raise you: Snowdrifts from the parking lot. Well over my head and they ring the ENTIRE THING. It makes our parking lot some icy death arena of terrible parking

AarbrokSetneEmelleMoireanHaven
  • I would see your snow and snow drifts and raise you black ice, but alas, you can't see it.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

AarbrokKatsziaAryanne
    Black ice is the devil's creation, @Draiman. It is the single most terrifying experience driving, besides fucking deer.

DraimanAryanne
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Good news is, I called work....and I get to go back today. Yay?
    Aryanne
  • Mariena said:
    Black ice is the devil's creation, @Draiman. It is the single most terrifying experience driving, besides fucking deer.
    And both are running rampant today! At least, coyotes and maybe some deer. And black ice is errywhere. I drove all the way to work just for them tell us what we already knew (that the high isn't going above 28, and the roads aren't going to thaw) and to go home.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    DaganHavenRivas
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    The things I do when I'm bored and don't get called in to work as a temp. I decided to try to get rid of the old impossible-to-tune piano. Living on the second floor, no elevator and a spiral staircase, carrying it down as it is just won't do, so me and a friend decided to pick it to pieces.

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

The inside of a piano is quite beautiful, no? That's the heavy part, the main frame bolted to heavy wooden beams. The lighter parts were easy to get off, but they won't help much when we try to get it down the stairs. This is how far we got before there were no more things to remove without a sledgehammer, saw or crowbar (of which we had none, so we had to give up for the time being).

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

Instead I set about fixing up my room. First I finished off painting the walls white, turned the bed around, moved in some book-shelves, fixed an open wardrobe, got some nice drawers on top of which I could put my sword on display.

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

And do you have any idea how much space you free up when removing a piano? Loads! Where it used to be I now have this, so I can relax and be comfortable while watching movies.

[spoiler]image[/spoiler]

I'm quite pleased with how it looks so far! Now I just need to fix my desk area and transport all the junk I'm getting rid of to the dump and everything's done!

MarienaArekaHaven
    One more from me today. I dyed my hair earlier this afternoon. 
    Redhead Mari and Cat, go!

MoireanElwynPeriluna
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    D'AWW

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Is that duck levitating? 
    EmelleArbreKatsziaAryanne
  • Moirean said:
    Is that duck levitating?