Anfini, Piper - A Proper Spirean Handshake.

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
This log has naughty language.

Log:
http://www.logsty.com/logs/WbwrL

Background:
Anfini has been hounded by the Syssin Syndicate all day, in light of an application to join the guild that he failed to follow up on. He and Piper discuss tailoring, then she comes to meet him. Punches are thrown and laughs had.
MoireanPiperAldricXenia

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    This was really fun to read! Really great characterization from everyone involved, and I love the gruff, gung-ho, dirtier grit of a city this showed. It's a really fun and engaging concept for Spinesreach to have. Reminds me kinda of hard-boiled detective novels mixed with rugged frontier sci-fi - the whole Syssin and magic and fantasy stuff is all presented through a clearly non-high fantasy lens and it's really fun to read.

Though booooo for saying meeting with Moi filled her head with crap. The tells during the meeting and her comment afterwards kinda bummed me out, since I was just trying to ensure she was informed about what being a Senator entailed (ie more of an OCC meeting than anything else), but ah well.

I suspect having Piper on the council is going to be an interesting ride. :P Again, really fun log from everyone! Great read, thanks for sharing. :)
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited June 2013

@Moirean - Awr, I wouldn't take it so hard. Not to break out anything big about the character but Piper does tend to be negative/nonchalant about even the stuff she enjoys when talking to others. Call her guarded. I legit enjoyed the meeting! I'm excited about them working together just even if because I think it'd be hilarious.

Regarding the log, that was just hilarious fun.

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    /joins Spinesreach
    MoireanPeriluna
  • Awesome log, as expected from you two, but upvote solely for Beatrix Kiddo.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    OrisaeLin
  • Great log, glad you all posted it!

edited June 2013
    Rather then make a new spot, here's the OTHER Spirean Handshake as seen by Piper.

http://www.logsty.com/logs/ippep
    LinEsperLiancaMoirean
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Oooh, someone's getting bold!
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE

...Y'know I think Elea minds Anfini-punchan less than glassing of random ring-ins.

/forumrp

You guys and your writing though, seriously. Love it! Good reason to hang out in Spinesreach if there's RP like that lurking about.

Also I need to get Akary to make more of his peace keepers, there's a broken-glass shank among the oddling things he makes I think.

Piper
    Angwe said:
    Oooh, someone's getting bold!

Haha, the first time Meyvitch and Piper met each other face-to-face, Piper shoved him into a bookshelf and tried to scare him off. Something about that guy just sets her off, or something. :D