Papers, Please

edited June 2013 in OOC Chat
Just sharing my newest favorite! I've recently become obsessed with this game even though all you can play is the Beta.

Papers, Please.

A Dystopian Document Thriller. 

The communist state of Arstotzka has ended a 6-year war with neighboring Kolechia and reclaimed its rightful half of the border town, Grestin.  

Your job as immigration inspector is to control the flow of people entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia. Among the throngs of immigrants and visitors looking for work are hidden smugglers, spies, and terrorists. Using only the documents provided by travelers and the Ministry of Admission's primitive inspect, search, and fingerprint systems you must decide who can enter Arstotzka and who will be turned away or arrested.

http://dukope.com/ :]

SetneVharen

Comments

• Great game. Glad it's on Steam Greenlight and can't wait to buy it.
    Orisae
  • ^

I kind of adore the guy that keeps hand drawing his passports.
    Aarbrok
  • Orisae said:

^

I kind of adore the guy that keeps hand drawing his passports.

B-but Cobrastan is real, right? Right?! :((
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    It can be.. if you imagine hard enough, it can be..
    Baseil
  • edited July 2013
    I was sad when the beta finished. I wish the UI was a bit more intuitive (I had to juggle documents though that might be a screen size issue, and tabs for the rule book would be nice), but the game itself is more fun than checking documents has any right to be.

• Yeah I played the beta for it through. Ahh, it was very interesting and addictive. I was sad when I got to the end.
  • I denied a guy with a Anglo-Saxon name (it was like Daniel Waters or something) on principle that he was obviously some spy, not some USSR expy. I got in trouble for it. :(